Android L.......ollipop

Found another stupid fault, the lock screen widget now hasn't got a rewind song option, just pause and forward(next song) what idiot came up with that.

Hopefully O2 will bring out the Lollipop update for Xperia Z3C this month since my phone is on that network.

I was going to install the update from the nordic/baltic areas, but I wasn't sure if that was a good idea (Might bug out or something). I suppose I can wait a bit longer.

Android L update impressions

The lock screen music widget apparently gets the previous button if you swipe down (which is stupid).

Don't like the way you access contacts from the dialer app, but a friend told me if I type the names of the contacts via the numbers (like the old fashioned phones) the contacts show up and to my blown mind they did :lol:

Still like how elegant the update looks.

I've installed a 5.1 ROM on my phone and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the performance of it. There are some bugs here and there but it's very good.

The notification shade is more annoying than KitKat (two swipes for toggles), but thankfully since this is a CM ROM I can just swipe down from the edge of the screen to take me directly to the toggles.

As others have said, the new lockscreen is a step backwards both privacy and functionality wise. I don't want my notifications to be seen by everyone, I don't want to do an extra swipe to get to the pin unlock screen (the new pin screen does look very pretty, though) and why have the lockscreen widgets been removed? I'd also like a return to the dark theme as an option, all this white makes it harder to use my phone at night!

Still, updating was worth it and its made my phone amazingly fast. The pretty animations and speed make it worth losing some of KitKat's features. Now, about Xposed on 5.1...

At the morning I got whatsapp messages but the phone didn't vibrate when I put it in silent, tried it now and it seems to be fixed. Very weird.

I've installed a 5.1 ROM on my phone and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the performance of it. There are some bugs here and there but it's very good.

The notification shade is more annoying than KitKat (two swipes for toggles), but thankfully since this is a CM ROM I can just swipe down from the edge of the screen to take me directly to the toggles.

As others have said, the new lockscreen is a step backwards both privacy and functionality wise. I don't want my notifications to be seen by everyone, I don't want to do an extra swipe to get to the pin unlock screen (the new pin screen does look very pretty, though) and why have the lockscreen widgets been removed? I'd also like a return to the dark theme as an option, all this white makes it harder to use my phone at night!

Still, updating was worth it and its made my phone amazingly fast. The pretty animations and speed make it worth losing some of KitKat's features. Now, about Xposed on 5.1...

Get an app called "Power Toggles" then use the 4x1 widget, one quick tap.
I like the samsung touchwiz ones personally.
One tap it starts, none of this annoying crap with GPS wanting permission to track you.

I wanted to run Xposed without issues on my nexus 5 so I downgraded to 4.4.4
Phone runs much better.

Get an app called "Power Toggles" then use the 4x1 widget, one quick tap.
I like the samsung touchwiz ones personally.
One tap it starts, none of this annoying crap with GPS wanting permission to track you.

I wanted to run Xposed without issues on my nexus 5 so I downgraded to 4.4.4
Phone runs much better.

Power toggles is a great app, useful for quick turning on and off of data, WiFi and a bunch of other stuff...especially useful for the immersive mode.

I do use the power toggles widget, but I've found myself using the quick settings in the notification bar more often. I don't know why, it must be those fancy animations making me want to use them.

Got a new build for the Z2 today, probably fixing xReality and adding a close all button, will report back tomorrow.

Lollipop's hit the UK now for Xperia devices and i've installed it.

So far, i'm liking it. There's a few things that's missing which i'm not too keen on like showing how much space there is in the apps list. Not sure why lollipop removes this, I always thought that was handy.

But other than that, it's turning out pretty nice.

Last edited:
I've just updated my OnePlus One to CM OS 12 which is lollipop 5.0.2 and I'm pretty pleased with it.

On a side note, google searching 'Find my phone' will now ring your android phone if it is lost and will also enable you to locate it. Pretty neat addition. Desktop only for now but it works pretty well.

I just got CM12 for my OnePlus One too. I love the material design. Although it got really hot at first but it has cooled down now.

Finally got the update last night for my Z2. So far I haven't found anything wrong with it apart from the missing silent mode. Wifi seems to be improved, the signal is stronger when I'm in my backyard.

Now to go ahead and root it.

Finally got the update last night for my Z2. So far I haven't found anything wrong with it apart from the missing silent mode. Wifi seems to be improved, the signal is stronger when I'm in my backyard.

When you root share your experience, slightly edging to do the same.

I think if you make some tweaks with the "Priority" mode it gives you the old silent mode?

I think if you make some tweaks with the "Priority" mode it gives you the old silent mode?

Roughly. You need to kill vibrate completely otherwise you'll still have that buzzing through the night.

Roughly. You need to kill vibrate completely otherwise you'll still have that buzzing through the night.

bit of a pain... Haven't yet done the upgrade on my Z1 Compact yet, holding off on it a while whilst I check it on mums Z3 compact... :P

I'm holding out updating my Z2 to Lollipop until I've seen Sony's Lollipop build in the flesh as I'm super apprehensive to update. To all of you with Xperia's, what changes have been made to the UI and have they fixed/re-added X-LOUD?

Watch a video to get the full picture, for me the update is worth it, the problem was with X-reality (which was fixed I think), X-loud has always been working for me (unless I am missing something), I have only experienced a single bug where I couldn't turn on Mobile data (reboot fixed it) other than that, phone is a bit faster I think and I enjoy the look and new features @Korza

Updated my Z1 Compact today...
@Korza the UI is the same through the menus, the notification bar is very different with the phone new material design, but it is not bad really. I don't like how the recent apps show now, it is big fat and clunky in my opinion.

My biggest annoyance however is not the notifications annoyingly popping up on top of whatever you are trying to use (which is pretty annoying...) but the fact that we only have 5.0.2. So what? Well... "None" mode on the notifications is exactly that... no LED blinking at all. So now I either have to have it on vibrate all the time or not know if anyone is contacting me. I've been looking around and I cannot see any update for 5.1.0/5.1.1 in sight, which is meant to fix this problem... I regret upgrading...
Battery life seems alright, a little down on Kitkat to be honest but maybe I just need to tweak a few settings around. It is faster though, definitely and X-LOUD sounds as good as ever. Haven't really seen a difference with X-Reality so I assume nothing is bust there

Back