Anyone else fed up with the terrible online connections.

• Thread starter ianF-69
  • 11 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
ianF-69
This is becoming a joke....the online servers for GT7 are terrible....its every hour some sort of unknown error that means you have to reload the game....even in between races I choose to change car settings and then im kicked.....not just from the race but out of GT7 completely......it is 2022 and this game plays like 2007....only worse.

I spent €90 on this and it was a waste of money...sorry...but thats how i feel.

the online servers for GT7 are terrible
There aren't any. Well, there are, but only in FIA races (and probably the Toyota event). Elsewhere, GT7 is peer-to-peer - every console in a given lobby is a server and a client. Data doesn't go to a central server after the lobby has been created.

Try this:

There aren't any. Well, there are, but only in FIA races (and probably the Toyota event). Elsewhere, GT7 is peer-to-peer - every console in a given lobby is a server and a client. Data doesn't go to a central server after the lobby has been created.

Try this:

It doesn't matter if the game is peer to peer...it does not work. ...I could play GT Sport for weeks and not get kicked out of the game...so its a step backwards....you can defend it all you like but this game is flawed.

It doesn't matter if the game is peer to peer
It very much does if you're actually interested in fixing a problem you have.

I provided that help for you.

it does not work.
... for you. If it didn't work at all we'd see widespread complaints, just like when update v1.07 took the game offline globally.

This suggests an issue at your end. I provided help for you to fix (or ameliorate) it.

you can defend it all you like
I didn't. I gave you a link to help you solve (or at least ameliorate) the issue you're experiencing.

It's odd that you're reacting like this to someone helping you.

Leagues seem to have a higher rate of jittering than on GT Sport. Its intermittent but i suspect it has something to do with GT7 because the league has stayed constant but the jittering has been observed by multiple people of multiple different players.

I thought the daily races were also hosted on PDs servers, with only the player created lobbies being P2P, or was that changed in GT7?

Last edited:
It very much does if you're actually interested in fixing a problem you have.

I provided that help for you.

... for you. If it didn't work at all we'd see widespread complaints, just like when update v1.07 took the game offline globally.

This suggests an issue at your end. I provided help for you to fix (or ameliorate) it.

I didn't. I gave you a link to help you solve (or at least ameliorate) the issue you're experiencing.

It's odd that you're reacting like
Odd ?? Its odd you expect the average Joe to follow those instructions in your link......i dont need to do that for every other on line game i play..my opinions on this games on line faults is not aimed at you....please dont take it so personally.....but the fact remains.....Unkown errors and mid game defaults are not faults at my end.

Odd ?? Its odd you expect the average Joe to follow those instructions in your link......i dont need to do that for every other on line game i play..my opinions on this games on line faults is not aimed at you....please dont take it so personally.....but the fact remains.....Unkown errors and mid game defaults are not faults at my end.
If I can be the intermediary, I think instructions were provided as a bit of assistance.

However, should we be doing P2P in this day and age? Not in my opinion. At least, there should be more proper, official server hosted events.

Its odd you expect the average Joe to follow those instructions in your link....
I don't expect anything.

However, you have an issue, I have provided a solution (written so that the "average Joe" can follow it). You can avail yourself of it and help yourself or... not. If you actually want your issue solved, you should.

i dont need to do that for every other on line game i play
Indeed, that's why it's pinned in the GT7 forum and not every forum... and why the very first line states that GT7 is a bit sensitive to poor network environments.

But it will help with every other game you play too.

5G connection
Holy crap.

1652640908756.png

Although more likely you'll actually just be everyone else's problem if you're trying to drive racing cars with a tethered mobile connection with a latency more easily measurable in weeks than milliseconds.
my connection fault?...I think not.
Yeah, we've established this, in both possible meanings.

I've given you the solution, I've explained the issue, and you clearly don't want to actually solve the issue because you just want to complain about it... so this is going nowhere.

Take the advice or don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back