Votes: 101 34.1%
  • i am pleased...

Votes: 133 44.9%
  • meh, its okay...

Votes: 51 17.2%
  • no, not at all... (why)

Votes: 11 3.7%

• Total voters
Simplified interior view added to all standard cars - Shoulda been in from the start.

User control of the weather change feature - meh

Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings - Shoulda been in from the start.

Spec 2.0 Opening movie - meh.

Improved UI response and usability - possible 👍

Replay front forward/rewind. - Shoulda been in from the start.

Mid-race save feature for endurance races - meh, still won't be doing them.

Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races) - possible 👍

Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.) - meh.

Expanded Photo travel features / You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar - meh.

Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel - meh.

Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars - For the love of god, WHYYYYYY??

Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport - possible 👍

Improved physics and AI... - possible 👍

Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel - possible 👍 for those that use a wheel. No good to me though.

{Cy}

I could not have put it better myself.
so I didn't and just quoted you

The six things that would make this complete are:

Clutch improvement for G25/G27 (And possible clutch button for the controller)
Engine Swaps
AWD/FF to RWD Conversions
Livery
Full customization on standard cars

And finally:

MORE DRIFTING SUPPORT

I finished with GT5 about 2 months after it launched, and they were a great 2 months of driving, but I see nothing here to make me put the disc back in. And I have a G25, and I like to alter my car setup between races and I drive enduro, so all those new features are welcome, but lets face it this is more patching and fixing of issues than providing anything new. Hopefully the DLC will remedy that (lots of new race modification kits and more tracks and competitions please).

Frankly though the one thing that would make me play again, and that I've been holding out for since the game was announced, let alone released, is LAN play. Pretty please PD.

Amazed? Not really. Pleased? 🤬 yea!

While I'm not 100% happy with the current list, I'm sure there's some small stuff tucked away that isn't listed (ie: being able to control how much water is on the track at start, etc.) that will be great. It's nice to hear Kaz's GT-R will be in free of charge- now we just need his racing suit :D.

On the downside, new NASCARs? Really? As much as I love taking my GT5 Camery out on the TGTT, 11 is a bit too much unless their a single car will varying liveries (ie: x amount of liveries for Fusion stock car, etc.). But, whatever must go out to please the masses...:crazy:.

Hopefully the DLC is worth it. Looking forward to seeing if they put the Avendor in or the 458 Spyder :drool:. Although something does tell me Stig's suit will be DLC...:ill:

Amazed? Not really. Pleased? 🤬 yea!

While I'm not 100% happy with the current list, I'm sure there's some small stuff tucked away that isn't listed (ie: being able to control how much water is on the track at start, etc.) that will be great. It's nice to hear Kaz's GT-R will be in free of charge- now we just need his racing suit :D.

On the downside, new NASCARs? Really? As much as I love taking my GT5 Camery out on the TGTT, 11 is a bit too much unless their a single car will varying liveries (ie: x amount of liveries for Fusion stock car, etc.). But, whatever must go out to please the masses...:crazy:.

Hopefully the DLC is worth it. Looking forward to seeing if they put the Avendor in or the 458 Spyder :drool:. Although something does tell me Stig's suit will be DLC...:ill:

Isn't Nascar using the "Car of Tomorrow"? Doesn't that really mean 1 car with 11 paint jobs for this update? Kind of makes sense when you look at it that way, easy to do for PD, looks big, but it's really just one car.

I like the changes but am still dissappointed in that here we are a year into the game and still no leader boards. For many people a big part of the game is keeping track of lap times and comparing to friends as well as overall. Most of my firends have quit playing due to this missing element.

IMO leaderboards is the most glaring omission from the game, It is especially dissapointing after seeing what they had in GT5P as they had a seperate board for each car on each track and even seperate for different settings. Yet in GT5 all we have are the random time trials.

Almost a year ago Kaz had mentioned leaderboards will be coming, I thought surely we would have had them by now but it looks like the time trial stuff may be all we will get. Sad.

Eh, it's okay. The only thing that really catches my attention is endurance saves, Kaz's GTR, and being able to save tunes. I'm on the fence for online features though. Hopefully, that will FINALLY mean we get matchmaking, which I have been waiting 10 months for now. As for improved physics and AI, we'll have to see how much they've been improved before I get excited about that.

Hopefully, there will be more in the update that was left out of this list.

I like the changes but am still dissappointed in that here we are a year into the game and still no leader boards. For many people a big part of the game is keeping track of lap times and comparing to friends as well as overall. Most of my firends have quit playing due to this missing element.

IMO leaderboards is the most glaring omission from the game, It is especially dissapointing after seeing what they had in GT5P as they had a seperate board for each car on each track and even seperate for different settings. Yet in GT5 all we have are the random time trials.

Almost a year ago Kaz had mentioned leaderboards will be coming, I thought surely we would have had them by now but it looks like the time trial stuff may be all we will get. Sad.

My hat's off to you. The every car for every track leaderboards would make me play fervently. I don't know why. If I wanted to take my sub 100hp old school beetle to Sarthe and see if I could beat everybody else, I could. That would be fascinating to me. Why is that so hard to do? Surely somebody's thought of it somewhere at PD.

Sharkyzero
My hat's off to you. The every car for every track leaderboards would make me play fervently. I don't know why. If I wanted to take my sub 100hp old school beetle to Sarthe and see if I could beat everybody else, I could. That would be fascinating to me. Why is that so hard to do? Surely somebody's thought of it somewhere at PD.

👍

Meh. It's all right. Addresses two major issues in Replays and game saves, but compromises cheaply on the Standard conversion. Only convertibles and cockpits worth the effort, not that the black frame and speedo treatment wasn't a nice touch. Totally pointless though if you cant put rims, a hood and wings on the cars. Thats the change we wanted and asked for most. Still no matchmaking either, so it's a flop when it comes to a competitive fair sim online. DLC tracks is good. What's a gear package though?
telemetry and data logging tools? hmmmnnn

Spec II looks awesome, but why does PD not get time trials like there were in Prologue? It could even just be the cars available in arcade mode. That would increase the enjoyment of the game by at least another 50% for me. I really thought the Mercedes time trial was great, would love to see more of this.

?
Simplified interior view added to all standard cars
User control of the weather change feature
Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings...
Spec 2.0 Opening movie
Improved UI response and usability
Replay front forward/rewind3. Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings...
Mid-race save feature for endurance races
Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)...
Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.)
Expanded Photo travel features / You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar...
Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel
Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars...
Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport
Improved physics and AI...
Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel

Can I ask for the source of this, as most lists I've seen don't list this:

Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.)

Well, if it really is referring to the graph display, it really isn't a Spec II feature anyway, but I'd really like to know where that's from?

I'm happy with the planned updates. If they only added support for my G27, I'd be ecstatic, but there's so much more that I can't wait to get the download.

Some of the things in this update are nice. I can't say it's anything I'm really excited about but it's nice that they're listening to the players complaints and adding to/patching the game. I just had to buy a new wheel and went with the Driving Force GT instead of the G27 (on sale) because of the lack of full support so even though it's great that it's going to be added it leaves me a little mad. It's a little lopsided on the car additions but free is free. Personally I hate NASCAR, so I don't care much about new stock cars. Kind of excited at the opportunity to choose time of day and/or weather though. All in all it looks like a good update and there's probably more that hasn't been mentioned.

Engine Swaps
Livery

And finally:

MORE DRIFTING SUPPORT

I'm happy with the planned updates. If they only added support for my G27, I'd be ecstatic, but there's so much more that I can't wait to get the download.

They are adding support. :lol:

Meh. It's all right. Addresses two major issues in Replays and game saves, but compromises cheaply on the Standard conversion. Only convertibles and cockpits worth the effort, not that the black frame and speedo treatment wasn't a nice touch. Totally pointless though if you cant put rims, a hood and wings on the cars. Thats the change we wanted and asked for most. Still no matchmaking either, so it's a flop when it comes to a competitive fair sim online. DLC tracks is good. What's a gear package though?
telemetry and data logging tools? hmmmnnn

Where is this asked for the most? source?

Totally pointless though if you cant put rims, a hood and wings on the cars. Thats the change we I wanted and asked for most.

edit: corrected..

xDriftzzinc

Engine Swaps
Livery

And finally:

MORE DRIFTING SUPPORT

👍

I am eagerly looking forward to spec 2. Especially the cockpit view for standards. Support for the G25 also. My biggest hope for is the ability to limit or eliminate the use of the power limiter in online play. Other desires include the ability to make longer tracks with the track editor, and more vintage cars.

I'm happy with it, but I think it needs more than simplified interior views. Polyphony needs to step it up and match Forza by rolling out premium version of all the standard cars, not just giving us a cruddy interior shot.

Engine Swaps
Livery

And finally:

MORE DRIFTING SUPPORT

Pretty sure you just asked for Forza...well trading nice graphics and physics for goofy customization for cars.

Holy sour grapes batman. Forza 4 has graphics every bit as good as GT5 and the scenery is much better. Both games are good in their own way. Why do so many people who play GT revel in hijacking these threads with really pompous comments against Forza? Enjoy GT5 and Enjoy Forza. That's what I do. It's a lot more fun than acting immature and letting the giant chip on your shoulder drive you into the ground.

A few things that are prob for there own thread but:
1. 'Improved UI response and usability', what is this?
2. 'Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings...' what is this lol?
3. 'Mid-race save feature for endurance races', is this feature only able to be used on endurance races? Or did you just put that because thats what its most likely to be used for?
3.b. lol, 'Mid-race save feature for endurance races', can the race be ssaved then we can do another race then go back to the saved race? Or is it simply save, quit, go back to the saved race or its lost?

Back