Votes: 101 34.1%
  • i am pleased...

Votes: 133 44.9%
  • meh, its okay...

Votes: 51 17.2%
  • no, not at all... (why)

Votes: 11 3.7%

• Total voters
It's free, it has blacked out interiors for standards that I was hoping for a long time ago, has more than I thought it would have, and it's free. What's not to love? :)

I just want to know who was asking for more NASCAR?? Seriously, I want more cars not NASCARS, even if I have to buy them from the game dealership or whatever.

Yeah, I'm pleased with the Spec 2 features. I'm most excited for the G27 support and interior view on standards, and was pleasantly surprised that they were updating the NASCAR cars.

Have yet to try it and I am very happy with what's coming. My entire punch list against GT5 was addressed. Only thing left to add is the ability to change wheels on the standards.

It's free, it has blacked out interiors for standards that I was hoping for a long time ago, has more than I thought it would have, and it's free. What's not to love? :)

^^ Exactly.

My love for GT5 will never fade.

Great work PD:tup:

Wow... 11 new Nascar models... I was hoping to get more new, premium, cars added to the game, and by that I don't mean Nascars, because personally, I hate Nascar... overall, everything added to the game is a plus, so of course I am satisfied with getting a larger update, but I still wish for more cars (and more options for the cars) to be added to the game.

I'm going to keep my hopes up for this “racing car pack”, more PREMIUM cars to the game dammit! 👍

Last edited:
I'm very excited. I am looking forward to the new NASCAR's. I was wondering if they were going to update them like NTG2011 did.

Yes and no. Yes I like what we are getting, however, I am kind of shocked that there actually isn't more coming. However that can all change with the release of the DLC. If we get all old tracks and a drag strip as DLC and maybe an old muscle car pack in the future, I'll stop complaining. Until then, I can only hope.

The latter 2 things are all I really want. If we get those then I will be set.

In a word, NO.
but I will go with meh, it's OK, because it's at least a fix for two things that were broken.
Nothing Innovative or interesting though.
Still no matchmaking.
Simplified interiors instead of fully custom standards. seriously? MEH!

How do you know? Did Kaz tweet saying there are going to be no more updates or Spec updates?

If he hasn't by now, he isn't going to. He's not going to wait until the hour before and say hey here is another 20 things I didn't mention.

iridegravity
In a word, NO.
but I will go with meh, it's OK, because it's at least a fix for two things that were broken.
Still no matchmaking.

You are either very stupid or extremely arrogant..

In a word, NO.
Still no matchmaking.

agree 100%

I'll decide how impressed I am when I see it with my own eyes. Until then it's all hearsay, conjecture and speculation.

Well, it's something.

Most companies forget about a game past two month of its release, and center around creating a "new" game -understand "new" as a game with the same things just a couple of minor fixes and somewhat new content, like FIFAs, Call of Duty games, etc- for you to pay the full price and forget about the previous costumers.

I'm starting to wonder if the game is really profitable for Sony/PD since by the time GT5 has been in development there has been like 40 Call of Duty, 79 Need for Speeds, 99 FIFAs and so on, which are charged at full price and reuse the same stuff over and over.

It's like FIFA 06+07+08+09+10+11+12 = 420€
GT5 05-11= 60€ But they have been working nonstop and continue to do so.

Last edited:
Well I just voted pleased. But, I could be AMAZED! I just won't know until I find out whether my G27 wheel works.

When you wake up.

I'd expect so as well. Japanese stock markets are closing as Europe wakes up which means the Japanese working day ends when Europe wakes up so unless PD had someone working night shifts then it will be up when you wake up if you live in Europe or if you live in AMerica, as your getting home.

I'm not happy... 👎

Sounds is a BIG problem I have with the game. The cars still sounds are very off. Big turbo applications sound like naturally aspirated cars, unless you position the camera JUST right to hear the spool and BOV... Absolutely ridiculous to hear a 600hp+ car sound like it's making below 1bar. Forza has much, much more realistic sounding cars.. (To be clear, I am NOT a forza fan and I do not own an xbox, but I have friends who do)

Power delivery is still very unrealistic, especially from a stand still. No high hp car is going to track in a straight line while blowing away all drive tires. Forza got this one right..

The online car restrictions are weak: Lamborghini road cars, Ferrari road cars, GT1, etc. No balance changes were made with certain cars - The same cars are going to win the online races every time considering all things equal in their respective restrictions (cheese crap). Those cars that should have had their handling and grip characteristics improved have not (namely the Mp4-12C).

Adding different paints to an already included car model is certainly not adding eleven new cars. They're NASCARs for crying out loud... Oh, and surprise, a new GTR which I couldn't care less about.

The only positive thing for me I have noticed from this update is the AI will ram you now and the menus are quicker. Battlefield 3 is sure to get me off this monotonous time sink of a game lol.

Generally bling and some welcome time reduction in loading. nice to be able to finally assign g27 steering wheel controls but ofc its not working as intended, also while on the g27 which works fine on F1 2011, the manic x2010 snake dance is still as operational as ever on straights hammering the life out or the DF motors in the wheel.
Reduction in payouts and not sure if xp been nerfed also, although the payout reduction has been partly offset with the bonus system.
A button to help you give more hard earned cash to them for tracks, some of the pay to play stuff of MMO's creeping in there it seems.
So not that much for my play style although I think the hard core players will get a lot more out of it especially with the DLC.
So no not happy with it really, if they had just solved the issues with the g27 wheel I would have been ecstatic.

Back