Your Assessment of Spec 2.0

• Thread starter YellowG1
  • 125 comments

Now that we know what's in Spec 2.0, what's your assessment?

• Much more than I expected

Votes: 103 31.8%
  • A little more than I expected

Votes: 85 26.2%
  • About what I expected

Votes: 81 25.0%
  • Less than what I expected

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • A lot less than what I expected

Votes: 13 4.0%

• Total voters
I noticed on the preview pics that the change weather screen is on the high speed ring, now either I just haven't noticed before, but I didn't think there we a change weather race on there?

Does this mean change weather is available on all tracks then if it wasn't on there before?

There was always a weather change version of HSR. Just wasn't utilized in A Spec at all.

I can't wait, basically. Even if it's not everything I hoped and dreamed that GT5 would be or become, it's nice to see that some devs see value in big, free updates so long after the game's launch in the current age of trimming non-essential content from a game and releasing it as day one DLC, and it gives me hope that Kazunori might want to continuously improve GT5 to match his ambition for it, though whether or not that's technically feasible is a different matter.

I'm also hoping the car and track packs will be all good stuff and not some good stuff next to some not good stuff. Spa, Silverstone and/or Pikes Peak, not randomly generated maps, please... Also I hope the cars are real cars and not RM, Stealth or Chrome Line cars that already exist, or indeed purchasable versions of the latter two previously exclusive packs.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever raced on the weather version of HSR. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Now I have a "new" track to race on next time I upload GT5. :dopey:

I hope the AI and physics have improved significantly so that I can get back to it. Best thing for me is the G25 support, for which I hope you get more information about the road and weight shifts along with fully working clutch, but I try not to get my hopes up and fall of a cliff after the update is out :/

Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
Sweet.
User control of the weather change feature.
Sweet.
Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
Cool.
New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
OK, depending on how good it looks.
Improved UI response and usability.
Alright, I guess...
Replay forward/rewind.
Sweet.
Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
Nice, particularly considering they apparently won't be quick saves.
Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
Sounds good. More variation on shuffle races in particular is something I've wanted...
Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
Seems good.
Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
Pretty sweet.
Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
Alright, but only if they scrap the 2010 models as a result, otherwise they'll be pointless.
Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
Seems good.
Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
As long as they don't change the physics for the worse that's OK. AI improvement is obviously good.
Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.
Don't care about wheels.

Overall I'm dissapointed. To me this was more of an update than a "Spec II". I was expecting some new tracks and new events. I do understand that there will be new tracks as a DLC pack, but since they are being released as DLC I doubt they will be used much. As it is now many tracks aren't used in events. Now we will have many more tracks that won't be used in any events. I'm also dissapointed that they didn't fix the biggest issue of the game. The stupid XP system still exists. I can only hope it is removed from all future GT games.

Edit: Forgot about the GT-R. Another GT-R?!!!. Are you F.....g kidding me?

so far its content they show...bugfixes will probably be there too. Specially online bugfixes and dusk/night tracks dissaperaing.

But what im lacking is attention to improving SOUND...better sound would be a welcome feature or a DLC.

or just knock on a neighbours door and bed them to use theirs to update.

Don't you think it's a little extreme to "bed" your neighbour just to get a GT5 update? I guess unless you have a really hot neighbour.

sweet we get another gtr
2h3c0na.jpg

Why can't we get a Ford FR500 (which would fit perfectly in this game) or a Boss 302 or even the newer 2011 Mustang? Why can't we race mod a single ford, but chevy and dodge have race mod vehicles that no one even uses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_FR500

GTP_FastM3
Edit: Forgot about the GT-R. Another GT-R?!!!. Are you F.....g kidding me?

Calm down man, the GT-R is free with the update, anything free that adds more to the game is good! 👍

ampire
sweet we get another gtr

Why can't we get a Ford FR500 (which would fit perfectly in this game) or a Boss 302 or even the newer 2011 Mustang? Why can't we race mod a single ford, but chevy and dodge have race mod vehicles that no one even uses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_FR500

DLC details haven't been announced so maybe hopefully you may get some sort of car that you will like?
Personally I hope that the new BMW M5 is DLC! :D

Calm down man, the GT-R is free with the update, anything free that adds more to the game is good! 👍

DLC details haven't been announced so maybe hopefully you may get some sort of car that you will like?
Personally I hope that the new BMW M5 is DLC! :D

I get that free is good, but doesn't this game have something like 30 different GT-R's already. There are so many good European cars and even American cars missing from the game, but the one car they decide to give us is another GT-R. Kaz himself said awhile back that the game likely had too many Skyline and GT-R variants, yet awhile later gives us another one.

The biggest dissapointment was that this update doesn't really add any content to the game. Sure it fixes alot of problems that were issues for many players. If I did a survey of issues among GTPlanet I'm guessing the two biggest over time would be:

1. Lack of A-spec events and many championships with limited races

2. XP system

3. License system has no bearing on gameplay (2 and 3 are really the same issue)

In my mind a "Spec II" is suppose to be a new and improved version of the game, more than just patching issues. By not fixing the two biggest issues I don't think it qualifies.

Last edited:
Some good points & some bad points more Nascar come on !!!! another GTR I can live with.
Shuffle racing is fun one of the best online modes bar if you get donkey of a car so that improvment is welcome.
Mid race save,s so if i understand correct that means still having to drive for 12hrs in 24 hrs before you can save thats lame if its correct.
Better AI will be welcome still no standards to prem not happy with that one,but maybe the DLC will change stuff like that,I do not exspect them to upgrade every car to prem never did, but some would be nice as long as its not even more Skylines & GTRS.

First thing I though was "Now we know what's in it, cool!"

Second thing was "Still no livery editor? Do they not know what people want or do they just not care?"

I still can't assess something that isn't available and I haven't even seen yet. Shouldn't we be assessing Spec 2.0 when it's actually available? It's far more relevant to assess the new features rather than a list of the new features.

The only thing missing that I really want is 100% customizable HUD. Other than that everything looks great and useful. I'm pretty sure there are more things being added that people will find as they start playing it.

I get that free is good, but doesn't this game have something like 30 different GT-R's already. There are so many good European cars and even American cars missing from the game, but the one car they decide to give us is another GT-R. Kaz himself said awhile back that the game likely had too many Skyline and GT-R variants, yet awhile later gives us another one.

The biggest dissapointment was that this update doesn't really add any content to the game. Sure it fixes alot of problems that were issues for many players. If I did a survey of issues among GTPlanet I'm guessing the two biggest over time would be:

1. Lack of A-spec events and many championships with limited races

2. XP system

3. License system has no bearing on gameplay (2 and 3 are really the same issue)

In my mind a "Spec II" is suppose to be a new and improved version of the game, more than just patching issues. By not fixing the two biggest issues I don't think it qualifies.

I agree with you, A-spec is a mess as it currently sits. Love the update but thats all it is, still fixing what should be there Day 1. We still dont have leaderboards.

There's some interesting stuff in there (online, AI + physics improvements), it'll be interesting to see how they turn out. I really thought some kind of broad leaderboard support was guaranteed, what with GT5P's servers getting closed recently. It's a headscratcher, they'd add a lot of fun, and replay value imo, and they feature in all the competition, nearly a year now and still no sign, ........... we may have to wait till Gt6 :nervous:

I still can't assess something that isn't available and I haven't even seen yet. Shouldn't we be assessing Spec 2.0 when it's actually available? It's far more relevant to assess the new features rather than a list of the new features.

another wonderful quote!

• Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
-Thats neat, but im a bumper cam user
• User control of the weather change feature.
-I like this, but truthfully I havent done many rain races
• Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
-Awesome
• New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
-meh
• Improved UI response and usability.
-the menu system has been improved to a pretty comfortable level but improvemets are always welcome
• Replay forward/rewind.
-Its about time
• Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
-I know alot of people want this but to me it seems a bit weird in that real life endurance races dont have save points, 24hours is 24 hours. ive only done the 4 hour enduro and 500km race. can you "tag in" a b-spec driver in longer races?
• Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
cool, Id like to get online more
• Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
-neat
• Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
-not bad
• Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
-meh
• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
-meh
• Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
improvements in this area are Always welcome
• Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.
Awesome, its about time

I will say two things.

Two years ago Kaz said he needed two more years to complete GT5.

This update to me completes GT5.

Nuff said.

I will say two things.

Nuff said.
more like duct tape and chewed gum..

Standard cockpits werent needed. Looks ugly and distracting.

I will say two things.

Nuff said.

I agree, despite so many delays, it was still unfinished. Perhaps it will always be, but after this update it will be a lot less unfinished than it was :)

Back