Your Assessment of Spec 2.0

• Thread starter YellowG1
  • 125 comments

Now that we know what's in Spec 2.0, what's your assessment?

• Much more than I expected

Votes: 103 31.8%
  • A little more than I expected

Votes: 85 26.2%
  • About what I expected

Votes: 81 25.0%
  • Less than what I expected

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • A lot less than what I expected

Votes: 13 4.0%

• Total voters
Seeing that it hasn't been released yet, and there might be other extras that haven't been mentioned yet, I'm reserving judgement.

Seeing that it hasn't been released yet, and there might be other extras that haven't been mentioned yet, I'm reserving judgement.

Same here. Edit: That said, I really am hoping for new tracks, either as part of Spec II, or as DLC.

Authentic718
Two words: irrelevant post

Unless you're being sarcastic I don't know how you can see that. This is an amazing and content filled update for FREE. :)

It's the other half of the game that should have been included at launch.

What, you think it's worth paying for this crap? Lol.

• Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
I don't care as I don't use cocpit view, but some many people wanted it that it's cool :)
• User control of the weather change feature.
Great! No more waiting for ages to do particular photo.
• Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
Good, but I could live without that.
• New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
Doesn't matter to me.
• Improved UI response and usability.
Really good, I like changes :)
• Replay forward/rewind.
Double awesome!
• Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
Endurance races here I come!
• Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
With upgraded shuffle races I might get back online.
• Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
Cool little feature. After seeing driver at Kyoto I was expecting this.
• Added “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
HHave to see it first.
• Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
Don't care about it.
• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
Was watching N24 this year so it's nice addition to me :)
• Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
Please let it be competetive AI
• Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.
Don't care but I'm sure it's very important for some of players :)

I was expecting some standard -> premium upgrades, and course maker improvements, but overall I'm very happy with SpecII

Exactly although having said that I'm really liking what they have told us about. I can't wait, only 5 more days to go

It's the other half of the game that should have been included at launch.

What, you think it's worth paying for this crap? Lol.

If it should have it would have. PD has already stated they wanted more time.

Typical douchery. I swear peoples are weird for attention.

Same here. Edit: That said, I really am hoping for new tracks, either as part of Spec II, or as DLC.

They have already stated one of the three DLC packs is courses so the only hopes/wishes you should have are how many and what tracks they are not that we are getting some

They have already stated one of the three DLC packs is courses so the only hopes/wishes you should have are how many and what tracks they are not that we are getting some

I'll believe it when I see it. :)

Now the AI is improved and we have mid endurance saves I actually have motivation to do the 2 24h races, it's all that's left for me to do. I wasn't really looking forward to hot lapping for 24 hours straight.

Maybe because the Cars than PD is using are the SPRINT CUP Ones (Ford Fusion, Toyota Camry and Chevy Impala) instead NATIONWIDE Ones ( Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang)

In the Sprint cup, the Penske team races the Dodge Charger so they are in the Sprint cup, albeit with just the one team

In the Nationwide series there are teams running the Chevy Impala, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang and Toyota Camry.

Anyway back on topic, the update looks good, especially the saving endurance races, and im sure there will be more to it as well.

Very surprised to be getting it in 5 days as well, looking forward to being able to fit the endurance races in without unnecessary electricity usage :)

Unnecessary electricity usage amen

Now the AI is improved and we have mid endurance saves I actually have motivation to do the 2 24h races, it's all that's left for me to do. I wasn't really looking forward to hot lapping for 24 hours straight.
I hope there can be multiple mid-race saves at once. I don't know if it'll come in handy for everyone, but if PD got it figured out now, I'd expect to be able to have multiples saved up.

I did Le Mans over 3 days and really enjoyed it but couldn't bring myself to do it again with The Ring as you need so much spare time with nothing else to do it's so difficult to manage. I can't wait to see dawn breaking in real time over The Ring it should be awesome (I only hope it doesn't start to rain halfway through the night)

another_jakhole
Unnecessary electricity usage amen

I hope there can be multiple mid-race saves at once. I don't know if it'll come in handy for everyone, but if PD got it figured out now, I'd expect to be able to have multiples saved up.
It would be so good to have both 24h saved mid race. Do 2 hours on le sarthe, have a break, do 2 hours on nurburgring. Do that for a couple of weeks and you'll be done without having a load of boredom.
smilerftm
I did Le Mans over 3 days and really enjoyed it but couldn't bring myself to do it again with The Ring as you need so much spare time with nothing else to do it's so difficult to manage. I can't wait to see dawn breaking in real time over The Ring it should be awesome (I only hope it doesn't start to rain halfway through the night)

If it rains at night and I have like 1000BHP then I'm screwed :S

Excellent. I drive interior view whenever possible so this will be great, if the black/simplified cockpits have a decent speedo and rev counter so I can get rid of the HUD even better.

Great stuff. Hopefully this will be available in Arcade as well as Online.

Fantastic, no more remembering and frantically adjusting settings when the lobby vote means we switch from somewhere like the Nordschleife to somewhere like Tsukuba.

Not important but I am still looking forward to watching this. I really like the current opening titles and I hope they have also include the Spec 1.0 opening movie WITHOUT the credits in GT:TV. The later scenes of driving in Tokyo (?) are great but partially ruined by the scrolling credits.

My loading times have never been bad but any reduction in load times and increases in userability are always welcome.

• Replay forward/rewind.

Excellent. I hate missing the "moment" when it comes to taking photomode shots in replays. This will also be super useful for those of us that run longer online races and would like to review pit strategy etc.

I don't really play A-Spec but depending on how it is implemented I may try the longer endurances now.

Awesome! Online is so much fun already so I'm hoping enhancements will only increase the thrill. More details please Kaz. Hopefully the mention of shuffle means we will get a couple of shuffle race classes with appropriate tyres. Hopefully the narrowing down car types includes:

- PP and bhp/weight regulations that can be combined (e.g. less than 177bhp AND greater than 900kg AND less than 415pp.
- Race/road/rally/concept selection.
- Drivetrain specifications (e.g. FR, MR and RR only).
- Specify car age (e.g. 1992 or older).
- Specify whether the power limiter/ballast can/can't be used or even better a percentage/kg limit (e.g. no cars power limited by more than 5% or with more than 40kg of ballast).
- Put all premium cars (preferably all cars inc. standards) on the recommended car list (allows the host to create a stock car room with a varied field).

• Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).

I rarely use photomode but I'm sure this will be fun for the folk that do.

I rarely race NASCAR but a more varied pack is always good.

• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).

Lovely car. Looking forward to using it at the Nordschleife.

Can't judge this until we see it.

Excellent stuff, I use a DFGT at the moment but will probably upgrade when it finally gives up the ghost so this will be useful then.

All in all I'm happy as Larry and I'm really looking forward to playing with the new online features.

A few things I wish they had added:

Caster angle. It's an important alignment angle, is adjustable on every car I can think of and makes no sense to not have it.
Camber for all 4. And make it be able to go through the full swing from negative to positive. Much more lifelike.
Backing up a page in Seasonals. When the race is over and you've won, and you click on the red man, why bring you all the way back to your home page? There's 4 more races to do, do I really have to back through 3 pages to get to the next race? If I want to go to my home screen I'll do so. In other words, each click of the red man should equal back one page to the previous, not an entire leap to home. Maybe standardize this throughout the game and/or add a homepage button if you need to quickly jump there.
Oil changes online. Hate having to exit a lounge to change oil then find that I can't get back in afterwards.

A little more. I'm kind of glad to see yet another GT-R in the game. No, that's my honest opinion, no sarcasm.

I don't care as I don't use cocpit view, but some many people wanted it that it's cool :)
Great! No more waiting for ages to do particular photo.
Good, but I could live without that.
Doesn't matter to me.
Really good, I like changes :)
• Replay forward/rewind.
Double awesome!
Endurance races here I come!
With upgraded shuffle races I might get back online.
Cool little feature. After seeing driver at Kyoto I was expecting this.
HHave to see it first.
Don't care about it.
Was watching N24 this year so it's nice addition to me :)
Please let it be competetive AI
Don't care but I'm sure it's very important for some of players :)

I was expecting some standard -> premium upgrades, and course maker improvements, but overall I'm very happy with SpecII

Couldn't have put it better myself 👍

Can;t complain about such a big free update but......................... Most of that should have been day 1, where is the a-spec events? Championships? Needs triple what is there now....

Unless there is new a-spec events spec 2 won't get me playing again. where is the flag system, qualifying, start from grid? I dont get why this keeps getting ignored.

Last edited:
Now that we know what Spec 2.0 will contain:

Great. I hate the bonnet view.

Amazing. Not sure if this means time change also but either way this is a plus for realism.[/quote]
meh.
meh x2
UI? Can someone explain what this is?
• Replay forward/rewind.
👍👍👍
don't care a ton about this stuff. Unless "expanded online lounge features" means allowing a rolling start.
I'll believe it when I see it. That's what they said about the new online challenges and the AI aren't any better at all.
THIS I can get excited about. It's super annoying not being able to map the G25.

What's your impression? Was the above what you expected, more than you expected, or about what you would expect?

Less is more with this company. It's like being the kid at Christmas whose parents didn't have a lot of money (I actually was that kid). You learn to appreciate what you have. (I do.)

**** Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).****

Let's hope this includes allowing the lobby host to select cars from their 'own' garage for the selection of other users to use (rather than currently just the 'recommended' garage ones).

and also - what about having a set number of AI in online races too? - and then have the ability to choose the difficulty of that AI? (F1 2011 does this, and F2010 was allowing it last year). - of course, this would only work if the improved AI (as mentioend in the 2.0 update, is really THAT improved).

Now that we know what Spec 2.0 will contain:

• Replay forward/rewind.

What's your impression? Was the above what you expected, more than you expected, or about what you would expect?

In a word, Excited!
There several updates that got me thinking "sweet! can't wait for that!"
It is a great improvement, to all areas of the game.
Nobody should be unhappy about this.

The only thing we can assess at this point is the announcement of the update, not the update itself. No one really knows what the full impact of all the changes will be until we've done some hands-on gaming. Certain elements, such as the 'improved physics and AI' alone could be a monumental change or a complete dud, who knows.

I'll vote after I put some game time in after the update. I want to see how much better the AI is, instead of taking their word for it.

I noticed on the preview pics that the change weather screen is on the high speed ring, now either I just haven't noticed before, but I didn't think there we a change weather race on there?

Does this mean change weather is available on all tracks then if it wasn't on there before?

HSR has had the weather option since launch. But it kind of seems that the option might be available to more tracks, as well as time change, nothing confirmed yet though.

Back