Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 436 comments
This looks really good I hope they take their time and put a great game from the jump. Hopefully it will be on the consoles eventually

PC specs are on Steam

1727710578073.png

Oh, I know all of that. It's remarkable what's been achieved with the old AC engine. But this video didn't really demonstrate any tangible improvements over what we have with AC and CSP. One could even argue that rain effects didn't look as nice.
And I don't think people realise how limited the car and track choices might be in AC Evo, with only official content and 'approved mods' supported.
This video was Kunos's opportunity to show why AC Evo is a must-have for every AC fan out there, especially after the missteps with Competizione. But there was nothing really new on show.
Maybe there'll be deep dives over the coming months highlighting various advantages, but... first impressions last, and this video didn't really leave me wanting more, as I'm already playing what was showcased.
Yeah but those driver animations though 😜

In all seriousness it’s going to vastly depend on how the modding is implemented/allowed. It definitely looked like there was one scene in the trailer with traffic, which I’d think is a big positive for a lot of people.

The AC engine was pretty good (especially for 2013) so if they update that to use more modern hardware (and more than one CPU core at a time) they could have an even better foundation to build on. We’ll find out in ~3.5 months though!

Hot, hot! But still a long way to ps5. Crosing fingers on ps vr2. Looks great! And kunos phisics are pata negra, cant wait to play it!

Oh, I know all of that. It's remarkable what's been achieved with the old AC engine. But this video didn't really demonstrate any tangible improvements over what we have with AC and CSP. One could even argue that rain effects didn't look as nice.
And I don't think people realise how limited the car and track choices might be in AC Evo, with only official content and 'approved mods' supported.
This video was Kunos's opportunity to show why AC Evo is a must-have for every AC fan out there, especially after the missteps with Competizione. But there was nothing really new on show.
Maybe there'll be deep dives over the coming months highlighting various advantages, but... first impressions last, and this video didn't really leave me wanting more, as I'm already playing what was showcased.
First off thanks for all the modding you do for the community. It is so much of what makes this game so great.

But as a person that mainly plays online with others having so much of what now require each person to go through the process of installing mods be a part of the base game is worth a lot and is enough to justify me getting the game on day one. Sure it may not replace all the AC has become but to be honest if you give me 60 awesome cars and 50 tracks that is 3000 combos. That will keep me busy for many years. And nothing will stop me from firing up AC for those occasional hits of something off the wall.

That would be dope if we can indeed drive on public roads with cross traffic. If it’s a non-playable scene to showcase the car, oh well.

It does look intresting, i have a new pc tomorrow so will be ready when it launches, their is talk of free roam maps and traffic, but didint get much look at it in the trailer.

Would need a new pc to run this and I won’t be buying another AC on console.

Oh well, if you’ve seen one sim you’ve seen them all 😆
Why wouldn't you buy another AC on console?

AC and ACC are still two of my most played sims on PS5

Latest Posts

Back