Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 579 comments
Well PSVR2 will be supported on PC mainly because ACEVO will use SteamVR.

Regarding the console version, the only thing Marco has said is that it will come out after the launch of the PC 1.0 Release build, just like what happened with AC1 and ACC.
Yeah, and it’s annoying. They sell as many or more copies on console, I believe they have said relatively recently.

Somebody is going to have to help me figure out the Fanatec Fanalab thing of assigning settings to games instead of presets. I've got 5 games for 5 presets right now and I don't want to have to constantly switch out settings for AC EVO with one of the presets.

Somebody is going to have to help me figure out the Fanatec Fanalab thing of assigning settings to games instead of presets. I've got 5 games for 5 presets right now and I don't want to have to constantly switch out settings for AC EVO with one of the presets.
Supposedly Fanatec under their new ownership will be redoing their software going into the new year and there are no clues as to what may or may not change.

But if you will be playing on console you probably have at minimum a year or likely a bit longer better before EVO will release on the console.
Will probably be at least the fall of 2025 at an optimistic best before EVO will get a full launch even on the PC and not ne in a beta early testing version.

Supposedly Fanatec under their new ownership will be redoing their software going into the new year and there are no clues as to what may or may not change.

But if you will be playing on console you probably have at minimum a year or likely a bit longer better before EVO will release on the console.
Will probably be at least the fall of 2025 at an optimistic best before EVO will get a full launch even on the PC and not ne in a beta early testing version.
I'm on PC. You've got AC EVO, Ian Bell's GTR thing, plus anything else I might want to try but I'm out of presets.

This all sounds incrediable to say the least, a career mode with an economy, and option to customize and tune cars. is what i always wanted for an ac title, this would be a true game changer, if see all those ideas being featured this will wipe the floor with all of sim racing market, none of sim racers has actully Done this before,

I already belive the first ac was ahead of any of pc sim racers,
And this could go next level the pontential is huge to say the least,

Very hyped for this game now.

Last edited:
I dont know if you guys know anything about a leak bzt here it is from reddit.

IMPORTANT: Since nobody bothers to actually read, YES MOD SUPPORT IS COMING but post launch and in a way to support good modders "in a more creative way" and prevent asset ports from other games (that's in the official Kunos interview with everyeye.it, you can read more below).

In early May of 2024, user "iknowstuff99" (very appropriate name, obviously a throwaway account) posted a .txt file on various sim racing Discord servers containing information about Assetto Corsa EVO with no source. The user stuck around for some more time to just chat and discuss the info he gave.

The following are the contents of the .txt file, posted on a public simracing Discord server:

============================================

INFO ON AC EVO.
Do not let this raise your expectations. The source for this information is unknown, and obviously not final. We have marked with (C) the confirmed features, (M) the features that might come and (S) the ones that are for the most part speculation. If one point contains 2 markers it is something in between.

(C) Will feature a huge 2500 square KM open world map of the real life area around (and including) the Nurburgring. Including highly detailed towns, all of the roads present in real life down to a 1:1 recreation.

(C, reported by locals) The map features real life landmarks correctly recreated. Some locations have been reportedly manually scanned by the dev team for maximum fidelity, such as Adenau.

(C) Traffic AI will be present on the roads and will react to your actions in a fairly realistic manner. AI traffic will be bound to the same physics as the rest of the player cars. AI might also be doing track days on the open world Nordschleife during opening hours.

(C) It will maintain the high level of realism that AC and ACC are known for, with even better physics and simulation. Roads will never be exaggerated in size for comfort.

(C, M) There is a possibility for an extensive player driven market and economy. There is a chance for social areas made in collaboration with the real life locations.

(C, S) If the economy is present, players might be able to own, sell, extensively customize and modify their cars and build a history on them to raise value.

(C, M) Players will be able to partake in jobs of all kinds, from pizza delivery to track taxi laps.

(S) There might be limited quantity/unique vehicles with special mods or references.

(M) Chances are more open world maps will be added. Almost confirmed locations are: Italy, Japan. Speculations around France, England, USA are also present.

(C, partly confirmed by the devs) Graphics will receive a hefty bump in quality and performance. Their in house engine apparently has similar capabilities to UE5 with technology similar to Nanite. Ground fidelity and quality has also received a significant boost. Textures, lighting, materials etc also look a lot better. No info on Ray Tracing or similar.

(C) Game servers will go beyond 100 users per server, if not double.

(M) Game servers might be divided per regions, with seamless transitions together with friends when travelling in Germany. Each of these servers will have huge player counts.

(C) Custom and player hosted servers will still be present. Normally the game will send you into the official open world, but one can choose to see a server browser. Game will try to match you with your friends or teammates if not using server browser.

(C) There is a half fictional loop of the autobahn that completes the real life highway. This is to make a loop for gameplay purposes.

(C, S) Players will almost surely be able to own homes, garages and even businesses like tuning shops, parts shops, clubs and so forth.

(C) There will be no -official- mod support.

(S) There might be a chance for modders to create their own tuning parts.

(M) Cars could have onboard Spotify radio/Spotify.

(C, by the developer) The physics model has not lost quality, as it has been initially worked on by the original developer before leaving.

(S) Console launch will happen at a much later date. Crossplay could be possible.

(S) Custom dirt/gravel road physics and correctly deformable terrain.

Release date is set to hit Early Access later 2024 on Steam. Price is unknown. Recommended specs are unknown. VR support is unknown.

I can't tale any of the above seriously otherwise I'll lose my mind with excitement. However, a career mode customized around what WE want to do and the cars and economy WE want to dictate? Sold. Want to drive a ****box from 100hp to a 400hp track weapon? Then yes please, I want that. Can only hope we get a plethora of "normal city cars" to mess around with!

All this constant talk about VR and no one asks them about that (PSVR2)? Or at least says, we asked but they declined to answer?
We're not there, this is just a transcription of the video stream rebuilt into something bitesized and usable.

There's been almost no talk about the console versions at all yet, so I wouldn't hold out any hope for PSVR2. The fact that KS itself dealt with the porting for AC to PS4/XB1 - while ACC was ported by d3t under Keyword for 8th Gen, and Untold Games for 9th Gen - does generate some possible light that it may happen though.

I can't tale any of the above seriously otherwise I'll lose my mind with excitement. However, a career mode customized around what WE want to do and the cars and economy WE want to dictate? Sold. Want to drive a ****box from 100hp to a 400hp track weapon? Then yes please, I want that. Can only hope we get a plethora of "normal city cars" to mess around with!
Dude, I would love to see mundane ****boxes in EVO so that we can turn them all into trackday beasts around their confinements, official or modded, plus they would work perfectly as traffic cars in free roaming!

Back