Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 664 comments
I think the 2 missing Hyundai models will be the IONIQ-6 N and the Kona N

I don't see the Elantra N and Veloster N, for example, because it would be more difficult for Kunos to access the cars to scan them than the other two.
The Kona N is more likely since its in FH5 too but I'm not sure about the IONIQ 6 N since it isnt out yet. Maybe itll be revealed as part of the game but I'm not sure

Just to check: The Steam Wishlist says the game will be coming in January 2025, and won't take my money before then by the look of things. Will that be when the game releases feature complete or will there be an early access phase like AC1?

To be fair the ongoing success of the original AC shows that's not actually true.
The modders creating game play is what keeps many folks playing now along with the absolute most important thing, it is a decade old game with very low system requirements ( An Athlon X2 2.8Ghz ?! ) and nearly free which makes it highly accessible and also highly tunable and customizable. Who could even play AC without mods? I couldn't, it's quite lacking just as is. It didn't even break 5k players until 2020, 6 years after release, because mods. Same with BeamNG

ModLand.net began in 2014 and 5 years ago had massive growth and now has tens of thousand of cars and thousand of mods for BeamNG and a few thousand for AC. A new release can't remotely compete with that unless the community is already modding the game and making it what the community wants before release or on day 1. Just like with Quake superheroes back in the 90s.

5 years ago AC had 20% of the players it has now.

Beam NG has way more players, because it has even more growth and was at only 10% of the players playing 5 years ago.

New and shiny is not so great. Quality game play and features is. It wasn't 20 years ago or a decade ago, and it isn't now. Polished and the community expanding the platform to be what it wasn't at launch is why history shows the consistent pattern that in 5 years, EVO might be polished, and is far more likely than at launch to be ready to impress without unacceptable bugs players will walk away from.

New releases are not giving players what they want for the past decade. It's been hype nonsense and years of bug fixing as of late while folks rightfully and properly go back to what offered them the most choice to play how they want. and has grown with the community creating most of the game for them. Developers aren't bringing what's wanted, and the community more often than not has to fix it.

And if few folks are playing a new $80 release or they are disillusioned by a lacking release, they're likely to go back to the $10-$15 title everyone is playing that offers all the game play elements that the new expensive lacking release doesn't have and promises will be coming at some time in the future, likely when they open modding and the community actually builds the rest of the game.

1729729486486.png

Back