Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,225 comments
Well on the PS5 it does feel a bit different. But I have been on GT7 for a few weeks waiting for this update. First--where is the 23' season--I could only get the new cars to show up as an option in open race. I had gone to start a season but no season shows the new cars. So I go to single race and select open--Then the new cars show up. Anyone else having that issue?
Yeah I noticed the same thing. The cars have the correct teams and liveries but I think the season will be coming later. But I did notice that in Open Season you could be racing against the same AI driver twice. In one race there was a Vanthoor in an Audi and one in the BMW. In another race I was running as Rahel Frey in the Iron Dames Lambo against Rahel Frey in their old 488 Ferrari.

I've got major problems besides the lighter steering.

I can't feel track details which might have to do with the lighter steering but also I can't hear the car going over bumps and kerbs at times. In this video the car hits the first kerb at the Inner Loop at Watkins Glen but there is no sound, then it hits the rest of them and you hear it.

The race engineer will not speak when he's supposed to. You will see "personal best" but he doesn't tell you. Or at the start of the race he usually says "stay in double file" or something like that but he doesn't now. Also when the green light hits at the start I think he is supposed to say "go, go, go" or "green, green, green".

But worst of all is during a quick race about halfway in, the car suddenly loses brakes and steering. I don't remember seeing any amber color in the brake and throttle indicators. I thought they always stayed green or red.

Oh and a little bonus glitch. Passing completely through another car.

Now all of this only happens in a race. Free practice is completely normal.

I'm going to try again tomorrow night to see if it was just a one off problem but I kind of doubt it.

Lots of bugs for sure. I also got lighter ffb but no problems just increased it a bit. Have you reported any of these? I try to submit as much as I can so they know what’s going on.

I tried out last night nothing extensive just a couple of quick laps on Kyalmai or however it's spelled. I tired the new Aston Martin. Nice car I think I will get the new DLC when I get paid. Liking the new update so far need to race though.

Lots of bugs for sure. I also got lighter ffb but no problems just increased it a bit. Have you reported any of these? I try to submit as much as I can so they know what’s going on.
Yes I did, each one of them. I also posted over in the game support forum and several other people have reported the same issues.

This might be the final straw that pushes me over to the dark side of racing on PC. I just don't know how I can do it with limited space. But I'm so tired of console updates not working or causing more problems then having to wait several weeks until the fixes can get approved. Plus all the lights etc. would finally work on my Fanatec wheel if I were on PC.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
After the update yesterday for acc ps5, the Game is unplayable.
After starting the race the game hangs up. After a few seconds the game tries to continue, but crashes again. Anyone the same problem? Pls help

I've got major problems besides the lighter steering.

I can't feel track details which might have to do with the lighter steering but also I can't hear the car going over bumps and kerbs at times. In this video the car hits the first kerb at the Inner Loop at Watkins Glen but there is no sound, then it hits the rest of them and you hear it.

The race engineer will not speak when he's supposed to. You will see "personal best" but he doesn't tell you. Or at the start of the race he usually says "stay in double file" or something like that but he doesn't now. Also when the green light hits at the start I think he is supposed to say "go, go, go" or "green, green, green".

But worst of all is during a quick race about halfway in, the car suddenly loses brakes and steering. I don't remember seeing any amber color in the brake and throttle indicators. I thought they always stayed green or red.

Oh and a little bonus glitch. Passing completely through another car.

Now all of this only happens in a race. Free practice is completely normal.

I'm going to try again tomorrow night to see if it was just a one off problem but I kind of doubt it.

On further testing I've had cars lose grip and lock the throttle on as well. I'd report those issues.

This game doesn't seem to get much love :(. I really want to play it more than I do, but I am struggling with the steering and the wonky steering wheel animation.

Wow seems so weak support again for console versions, shame.
Mine was ok the one short time i tested it.

But all your posts show how this isnt so good, and Kunos said they have so good close working relation now with the port devs..., yeah..

Sure hope ac2 on ps5 will be much better dealt with. Plus they say how sales are so good on console. I don't know.., but ill wait for a hot fix patch maybe before playing more in case my game too messes up.

I haven't done a race yet so I haven't run into issues described here. Also I don't use a wheel so I wonder if that could be part of the issue that wheel support is jacked up?

Kunos already have a good laser scanned model of Nordschleife and Nurburgring (which I drove a lot in AC, great fun), which will probably just need some tree model and shader updates. But it would only be relevant if they decided to actually license the 2024 season, which is seeming unlikely.

Great update, love the physics.
Dont race online much so have not experienced any bugs yet.
Really like the FFB, although I had to raise the gain from 55 to 70 ( except Oulton Park 65 ).
I use the corner at Oulton Park namned Island Bend to set my FFB.
If your wheel goes numb through that corner lower your gain.

I can really recommend these settings: ( Fanatec DD Pro 8 Nm ):
In game:
Gain: 70
Min. Force: 0
Dynamic Damping: 80
Road Effects: 0
Frequency: 400
Steer Lock: 1080

Wheel settings:
Max steering angle: 1080
Overall FFB strength: 100%
FFB Scaling: Peak
Natural Damper: 25
Natural Friction: Off
Natural Inertia: Off
FFB Interpolation Filter: 2
Force Effect Intensity: 70
Force Effect Strength: 100%
Spring Effect Strength: 100%
Damper Effect Strength: 100%

Great update, love the physics.
Dont race online much so have not experienced any bugs yet.
Really like the FFB, although I had to raise the gain from 55 to 70 ( except Oulton Park 65 ).
I use the corner at Oulton Park namned Island Bend to set my FFB.
If your wheel goes numb through that corner lower your gain.

I can really recommend these settings: ( Fanatec DD Pro 8 Nm ):
In game:
Gain: 70
Min. Force: 0
Dynamic Damping: 80
Road Effects: 0
Frequency: 400
Steer Lock: 1080

Wheel settings:
Max steering angle: 1080
Overall FFB strength: 100%
FFB Scaling: Peak
Natural Damper: 25
Natural Friction: Off
Natural Inertia: Off
FFB Interpolation Filter: 2
Force Effect Intensity: 70
Force Effect Strength: 100%
Spring Effect Strength: 100%
Damper Effect Strength: 100%
I never race online. My issues are strictly in single player quick race mode. Practice is fine with no issues. If that's the way the cars are supposed to feel in regular race mode then I agree with you, they do feel a little better. But I can't trust anything other than practice mode right now until it's fixed.

I never race online. My issues are strictly in single player quick race mode. Practice is fine with no issues. If that's the way the cars are supposed to feel in regular race mode then I agree with you, they do feel a little better. But I can't trust anything other than practice mode right now until it's fixed.
I have only raced in practice mode, which feels great.
Shame about all the bugs in the other modes.

This update is beyond broken on PS5, like I literally cannot play the game, shame on whoever thought this passed QA testing. I start a session and right as I start driving the game just hangs and my ffb goes nuts, then it cuts to my car being crashed, then hangs again. $40 for a game that I literally cannot play? What is going on? Did they even play for five minutes because this happening anytime I try to jump into a session

Last edited:
Since the new patch on the Xbox I've been racing fine, however the spotter has been really flaky: It doesn't appear occasionally, and it doesn't speak during lap 1 (and sometimes at other moments during the race).

Ok PC players, I need your help. I've got my friend's PC all set up, the game is downloaded. However I don't have any FFB or road feel. It's just numb. Plus the rev lights etc. are not working on my Fanatec CSL DD & Formula V2 rim. What am I doing wrong or which settings do I need to look at.

I'm using the recommended Fanatec settings.

CSL DD
(Compatibility Mode recommended)
Tuning Menu Settings:
  • SEN 1080
  • FF 100
  • FFS Peak
  • NDP 20
  • NFR Off
  • NIN 3
  • INT 4
  • FEI 100
  • FOR 100
  • SPR 100
  • DPR 50
  • BLI User Preference
  • SHO 100
  • BRF User Preference
In-Game Settings:
  • Steer lock: 1080
  • Gain: 70
  • Min Force: 0
  • Dynamic Damping: 100
  • Road Effects: 0

I'm so fed up of patches that break perfectly good games. Like last week I was playing this and perfectly happy with it, now I'm waiting on a fix patch to even make it useable again. Hopefully it comes quickly. I've had the downforce bug where the car suddenly just loses all ability to to turn in or stop, happen in just about every race as well as AI cars just stopping dead. Its so frustrating. Why don't they test these things properly?

I finally got FFB on the PC once I installed the Fanatec control panel and updated the driver etc. I guess the wheel needed to be recognized as a device by the PC. Still don't have the lights working. I'm going to install Fanalab today to see if that helps. But once FFB got turned on.....HOLY ****!!! The detail coming back through the wheel is amazing.

What I can't figure out is that I only have FFB if the wheel is in yellow mode (compatibility). In PC mode (red light) I have nothing.

I just had one of those bad moments on the Xbox: Doing a single race against AI the screen suddenly went grey for a second, then my car stopped completely and ghosted as all the AI went by.

Nasty bug.

Shame, because the actual driving when it works is really good.

I've deleted ACC more times than I can count. The sound is amazing. The driving is amazing. It just isn't optimized for console. I'm on PS5

After watching a YouTube interview with the dev where he gushed about console racers and said they were "as, or more, passionate than PC racers" he went on to say there is no difference between the PC and Console experience with this latest update.

So, I reinstalled and took the update and it's been underwhelming.

I'm playing GT7 with PSVR2 and F123 and both those games run flawlessly on my PS5. I didn't say they are better, they just run so smoothly, I can't make time for anything else.

Last edited:
I finally got FFB on the PC once I installed the Fanatec control panel and updated the driver etc. I guess the wheel needed to be recognized as a device by the PC. Still don't have the lights working. I'm going to install Fanalab today to see if that helps. But once FFB got turned on.....HOLY ****!!! The detail coming back through the wheel is amazing.

What I can't figure out is that I only have FFB if the wheel is in yellow mode (compatibility). In PC mode (red light) I have nothing.

I started ACC after months of pausing just to try the new Ferrari. A hotstint @spa reminded me immediately how great it feels and brought a new personal best in lap nr. 5! (I went the easy way and chose a finnish silver driver...) Now I wonder what the McLaren EVO can do as I use and love my McLaren wheel. 😁
Happy racing, "fellow gauls"!
Gorefast

ASSETTO CORSA UPDATE – JULY 6TH

ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Patch Notes, July 6th

KNOWN ISSUE

Some players may experience a crash when adjusting the minimum force in the force feedback control options in sessions when a Thrustmaster T150 is plugged in – to be patched ASAP.

Please adjust settings in the main menu before entering sessions.

Assetto Corsa Competizione: PlayStation 5 (version no: 1.9.1.2) Patch Notes – July 6th

GENERAL FIXES

Fixed an issue while driving using the T150 Thrustmaster wheel causes the title freeze intermittently for periods of time.

Fixed an issue where player’s cars lose all traction and continue accelerating to excessive speed

Updated the McLaren 720S Evo Car model images in setup menu are from the non-Evo model of the 720S.

Fixed an issue where the Nürburgring pit wall fencing loads in with bright pink colours.

Fixed an issue in Valencia, player’s car may suddenly become non-functional in Free Practice on track after multiple setup changes.

Fixed an issue in which loading a save game affects active Controls Locked penalties.

Fixed an issue when incorrect car spawn in various sessions.

Fixed an issue where race information disappears

Fixed an issue where the Force Feedback on the BMW M2 is too heavy/stiff, and clipping occurs when turning the wheel.

Assetto Corsa Competizione: Xbox Series X |S (version no: 1.9.1.1) Patch Notes – July 6th

GENERAL FIXES

Fixed an issue while driving using the T150 Thrustmaster wheel causes the title freeze intermittently for periods of time.

Fixed an issue where player’s cars lose all traction and continue accelerating to excessive speed

Fixed an issue where race information disappears

Fixed an issue where the Force Feedback on the BMW M2 is too heavy/stiff and clipping occurs when turning the wheel.

Fixed an issue with the UI occasionally missing a cursor focus on “CONTINUE” on the results screen of Championship races

That loss of traction is familiar: I was driving a GT3 on Zandvoort and out of nowhere the car lost all grip under straight line braking and spun repeatedly before heading into the gravel.

Looked cool on the replay though :)

Latest Posts

Back