Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,225 comments
I'm about to start my first career endurance race and wondered whether it's possible to resume the game if I quit at a pit stop or if I have to complete the whole race in one go? One hour is a lot to do all at once.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you have to complete the event mate.
Okay, looks like I'll have to rely on quick resume if I want to take a break. Thanks @Monkey Man.

When I started playing last week I was braking early and feathering the brakes to slow down for the apex... but waiting just a little bit later and stomping on the brakes like I had clown shoes on while turning into the apex seems to be shaving tenths off my lap time. The way they present the delta is really useful for improving my time which is great and will help me a lot in other games.

Last edited:
Be careful not to replicate my mistake, I managed to get through an entire weekend finished the last endurance race and decided to watch a bit of the replay, the game crashed when I tried to finish the replay and you guessed it - I lost the entire weekend.
Had the exact thing happen to me... This was at a time when even the controllers' menu would crash the game (Xbox).

Currently, the crashing in the menu is fixed. Not sure about the replays. Because, of course, I did not watch a replay ever since.

Had the exact thing happen to me... This was at a time when even the controllers' menu would crash the game (Xbox).

Currently, the crashing in the menu is fixed. Not sure about the replays. Because, of course, I did not watch a replay ever since.
Having had a race weekend wiped out two days ago by watching a replay I can confirm that this it hasn't been fixed. Thank god I found out before the endurance races.

I'm about to start my first career endurance race and wondered whether it's possible to resume the game if I quit at a pit stop or if I have to complete the whole race in one go? One hour is a lot to do all at once.
Sounds like we are both at the same point in the career. I have a small attention span but I think I can just about force myself to do one hour at Monza. I don't like QR because it messes with my wheel settings.

I did a multiplayer race this morning. I got rammed off the Nurburg hairpin while correctly overtaking on the inside of someone who had gone too wide. Then I realised it was the school holidays so I just quit. I'll try again after 7pm when the bairn will be in bed.

I also ordered my Logitech G Pro this morning. Maybe it's not gonna make me faster but will it make my smile bigger :)

Last edited:
I also ordered my Logitech G Pro this morning. Maybe it's not gonna make me faster but will it make my smile bigger :)
Oh it will, guaranteed.

The TrueForce element seriously enhances the track detail and immersion. Such a bonus that the game supports it.

Sounds like we are both at the same point in the career. I have a small attention span but I think I can just about force myself to do one hour at Monza. I don't like QR because it messes with my wheel settings.
I picked it up after @skazz recommended it on the Forza Horizon 5 thread and assured us that it plays okay on controller. Before that I would have avoided it like the plague due to the various horror stories I heard about its predecessor's pad support but it handles beautifully.

I also despise using QR as it causes all sorts of problems with FH5 and'll probably go for the one hour blast as well. A trapped nerve in my back means my right arm has started going numb after holding the accelerator trigger for more than half an hour but the pit stops will give me enough time to massage it back to the land of the living.

Hope the steering wheel lives up to its reputation, it sounds like a great purchase for improving the feedback and immersion of the game.

Last edited:
I picked it up after @skazz recommended it on the Forza Horizon 5 thread and assured us that it plays okay on controller. Before that I would have avoided it like the plague due to the various horror stories I heard about its predecessor's pad support but it handles beautifully.

I also despise using QR as it causes all sorts of problems with FH5 and'll probably go for the one hour blast as well. A trapped nerve in my back means my right arm has started going numb after holding the accelerator trigger for more than half an hour but the pit stops will give me enough time to massage it back to the land of the living.

Hope the steering wheel lives up to its reputation, it sounds like a great purchase for improving the feedback and immersion of the game.
Just dont be disheartened if at 1st you dont get into using a wheel, if you're used to only play with a controller..
It can take a good while to get the mindset in it, could be weeks even..

Also for me at least, i wear socks only when using pedals, helps feel the light pressure you need to apply, and makes it slip smoothly under your foot.

Of course also adjust the ffb.

Last edited:
Just dont be disheartened if at 1st you dont get into using a wheel, if you're used to only play with a controller..

Also for me at least, i wear socks only when using pedals, helps feel the light pressure you need to apply, and makes it slip smoothly under you foot.

I'm not using a wheel, was referring to @AEKara38's purchase above. Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the advice :)

Last edited:

Also for me at least, i wear socks only when using pedals, helps feel the light pressure you need to apply, and makes it slip smoothly under you foot.

I should point out that your advice is only for pedals with pure deflection. A load cell brake needs to be accurately stomped each time, so is quite tiring in socks :D

I should point out that your advice is only for pedals with pure deflection. A load cell brake needs to be accurately stomped each time, so is quite tiring in socks :D
Well then, if only for the brake, wear a shoe on the left foot only.😋
And mr comedian up above😋, can wear a bag over his head while playing anything.😁

Last edited:
Well then, if only for the brake, wear a shoe on the left foot only.😋
And mr comedian up above😋, can wear a bag over his head while playing anything.😁
But what if you heel and toe, so your right foot handles accelerator and brake?!?

oh no! You need a half shoe comprising only the outer toe section!

But what if you heel and toe, so your right foot handles accelerator and brake?!?

oh no! You need a half shoe comprising only the outer toe section!
Sounds like Fred Flintstone was onto something. You could always try a pair of these:

IMG_20230814_212133.jpg

Last edited:
Those are mildly disturbing haha!

Just back to the special events.... Haven't had any in over a month now. I'm on XSX. Any known reasons?

I wrote a while back that Oulton Park feels really cramped and bumpy in a GT3 - Like an even worse roller coaster than Zandvoort due to feeling so small and unstable.

On the other hand, the BMW M2 Clubsport from the Challenger pack is slower and has very little aero, and it seems to handle the bumps at Oulton Park a lot better. You can comfortably push there without the kind of tightrope feeling you get from a GT3.

It kind of reminds me of racing old BTCC cars at Oulton Park in Codemasters games over 20 years ago :D

Finished my first endurance race at Monza and screwed it up at the end by colliding with one of the backmarkers. No champagne for me and I was so gutted I forgot to press restart :D but that hour went by in a flash, can't wait to try the next one at Silverstone.

Pretty sure you have to complete the event mate.
You can save mid-race. It does not save automatically, you need to do it yourself from the pause menu. Also useful before pitting or just regularly in case something goes wrong.

If I remember correctly, you can not save while in the pits, but any other time during the race should work.

I've been disqualified a couple of times in my endurance race and as far as I can tell it's either because I drove too fast in the pit lane, accidentally cut the corner on the way out or didn't change my driver but the game doesn't tell me. Do I have to select another driver manually while I'm in the pits? It looks like it does it automatically.

Unfortunately the link to the user guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xo52PFjuMrvILXtC-5R_9yS_9lGox6PS6JzA19Qjvz0/edit?usp=sharing) doesn't seem to work for me.

Last edited:
I've been disqualified a couple of times in my endurance race and as far as I can tell it's either because I drove too fast in the pit lane, accidentally cut the corner on the way out or didn't change my driver but the game doesn't tell me. Do I have to select another driver manually while I'm in the pits? It looks like it does it automatically.

Unfortunately the link to the user guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xo52PFjuMrvILXtC-5R_9yS_9lGox6PS6JzA19Qjvz0/edit?usp=sharing) doesn't seem to work for me.
I find the easiest way is to select the driver change before the race starts.

I find the easiest way is to select the driver change before the race starts.
I think endurance races require two driver changes though. The driver changed automatically in the sprint races though so maybe it's something else. On my attempt I'm going to crawl into the pit lane and see what happens as I only slowed down while approaching the pit.

I'm unfamiliar with the HUD so I'm not sure on how to read all the information. @Tiberius_85's advice will come in very handy here, or would if I knew what to look for. Guess I need to start hitting up the web for advice or my ACC career may be at an end.
They said there are currently no plans but may (or may not) change in the future.
It's funny but the racinggames.gg article you quoted is based on an interview Marco Massarutto gave to @Jordan for this very website.

Last edited:
I decided to spend some time checking on all the major GT3/GT4 series tracks used around the world in 2019-2023, to compare to ACC. It's a bit big, so I'll spoiler it:

The GT America series also races at the street/airport tracks in St. Petersburg, FL and Nashville, TN. I know a lot of folks don't like street circuits, but I find them kind of fun.

I'm unfamiliar with the HUD so I'm not sure on how to read all the information. @Tiberius_85's advice will come in very handy here, or would if I knew what to look for. Guess I need to start hitting up the web for advice or my ACC career may be at an end.
Finally completed (and won) an endurance race after I worked out you have to bind a button or two to cycle the multifunction display, then fiddle with it while driving to manually assign a driver for the next stint and add at least a litre of fuel.

The above probably seems obvious to everyone else but I wish this kind of thing worked out of the box. I'll be glad to get back to sprint racing after this.

Last edited:
Finally completed (and won) an endurance race after I worked out you have to bind a button or two to cycle the multifunction display, then fiddle with it while driving to manually assign a driver for the next stint and add at least a litre of fuel.

The above probably seems obvious to everyone else but I wish this kind of thing worked out of the box. I'll be glad to get back to sprint racing after this.
Thanks for the tip-off. I got my Logitech G Pro wheel last week so I'm just hotlapping or doing quick races at the moment until I get used to it. It's very different to my old G923 feel-wise and the buttons are not in the same places. Once I'm happy I'll do the 1-hour Monza.

Latest Posts

Back