Assetto Corsa in VRPC 

• Thread starter r3b3ld3
  • 515 comments
No configurations I have tried allow me to run LCS (before update and now) on my Pico Neo 3 link. The image is crushed blacks and fairly high highlights. Gamma looks great (inc. latest version) but I really want to try LCS in VR as the flat version looks superb and I was hoping to see the same improvements in VR.

Anyone running Neo 3 link over DP and have success with LCS?

excuse me going off-topic a bit (hope it is allowed since there is no Solar Crown thread) , but anyone like me I preordered Solar Crown, only to realize later that it has no VR support ?

I'm sure there will be ways to enjoy it in VR with modding... ,
here is already someone figured out one way :

(havent tried this myself yet ...
if you do try it , share your thoughts!
or if you find an even better way, please share)

Last edited:
I'm thinking about upgrading my current pc to get better performance with VR (in AC mainly)
(I know next gen NVidia and AMD cards will arrive soon, but then I'd have to also buy a whole new pc... )
my specs: Gigabyte x570, Corsair 850w Gold, 32gb ddr4 3600, Ryzen-9 5950x, Gigabyte 3070ti Vision OC 8G
oh and using Quest3 via Link cable

Max i can fit in my current case are either one of these 2 cards:
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 7900 XTX GAMING OC 24G (950 EUR new at the local pc shop)
or
ASUS ProArt GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER OC 16GB (new 1250 EUR , but I can buy a second hand with still over a year of warranty, for 1000 EUR)

I'm on the fence to get the AMD or pay a little more and get the NVidia one.

The 7900 has more GDDR6 ram (24) , but the 4080 Super has GDDR6X , which is supposed to be better...

Any thoughts / suggestions (pref. from people with experience w either of these cards , w AC on Quest 3 ) to help me decide?

I'm thinking about upgrading my current pc to get better performance with VR (in AC mainly)
(I know next gen NVidia and AMD cards will arrive soon, but then I'd have to also buy a whole new pc... )
my specs: Gigabyte x570, Corsair 850w Gold, 32gb ddr4 3600, Ryzen-9 5950x, Gigabyte 3070ti Vision OC 8G
oh and using Quest3 via Link cable

Max i can fit in my current case are either one of these 2 cards:
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 7900 XTX GAMING OC 24G (950 EUR new at the local pc shop)
or
ASUS ProArt GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER OC 16GB (new 1250 EUR , but I can buy a second hand with still over a year of warranty, for 1000 EUR)

I'm on the fence to get the AMD or pay a little more and get the NVidia one.

The 7900 has more GDDR6 ram (24) , but the 4080 Super has GDDR6X , which is supposed to be better...

Any thoughts / suggestions (pref. from people with experience w either of these cards , w AC on Quest 3 ) to help me decide?
I have a PC with a 4080 (i7 14700K, 32gb) and it works very well for me. I don't have a Q3 but a Reverb G2 which is a bit more demanding and I have it configured at 100% supersampling resolution (around 3100 X 3100) and both CPU and GPU are relatively comfortable (60-70% load) in normal configurations (I mean, daytime races, grids of up to 40-50 cars). It maintains a constant 90 fps without motion reprojection (I think that's what it's called ASW in Quest?). I've always read, especially on the CSP Discord, that AMD GPUs are not recommended for VR, especially since they don't support many technologies that NVIDIA does have (SPS and others that I can't remember now).

Back