Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Crazily, I just put in some laps and tyre temps work now :odd: I tried a wide variety of cars (some tyre model V5, some V6), tried tyre blankets on/off, tried tyre wear on/off. They all work properly and heat up & cool down as it should (although it still cools down too easily). With some drifting I managed to reach 100 C in the McLaren P1. Also front wheels heat up much easier than rears, even in high powered RWDs. The temp displayed in pit garage works too, but only when tyre wear is on (if tyre wear is off it says N/A).

I don't know what happened, but I'm a happy bunny now :D

Moving on to another issue, has anyone experienced torque steer in AC? In GT and rFactor if you drive an FWD and take a tight hairpin, then mash the throttle on/off rapidly you can feel the wheel pulling side to side. In AC I tried the Abarth and did not get anything. Do you need to turn on canned effects (one of them is called slip effect I think) for this to happen? Normally I wouldn't have a problem turning on canned effects but in AC with its already weak FFB it covers up too much steering information.

:odd: What did you do to make that happen ? Does that mean you can use I/M/O temp for dialing tire pressure and camber ? Did you try this on the same track or different track ?

:odd: What did you do to make that happen ? Does that mean you can use I/M/O temp for dialing tire pressure and camber ? Did you try this on the same track or different track ?

I have no idea. The only change I did was put the sound fix file for broken mods, which I doubt have anything to do with physics at all.

Technically yes, you can use temps for dialling camber. I did not try changing camber to see if it makes a difference though.

For the sake of consistency, I have been doing all my tests at Silverstone International (before and after temps fixed itself). Didn't change grip or weather settings at all.

The only advice I can give is probably try switching tyre blankets and tyre wear on/off. Probably that triggered something in the game's files that makes temps work.

Weird eh?

Moving on to another issue, has anyone experienced torque steer in AC? In GT and rFactor if you drive an FWD and take a tight hairpin, then mash the throttle on/off rapidly you can feel the wheel pulling side to side. In AC I tried the Abarth and did not get anything. Do you need to turn on canned effects (one of them is called slip effect I think) for this to happen? Normally I wouldn't have a problem turning on canned effects but in AC with its already weak FFB it covers up too much steering information.

I feel torque steer, but usually it's more of a lightness than a pulling, and it can vary from car to car. As for the slip effect, so far as I can tell all it really does is add a generic vibration when you start to slip the tires and doesn't seem to actually impact the physics or feeling of the car (besides adding a vibration).

I'm just going to be "that guy" and ask if anybody knows when the C7 and Ford Mustang drop. Weren't they suppose to drop at the beginning of the year?

I feel like that they're keeping them from us until the console launch.

I'm just going to be "that guy" and ask if anybody knows when the C7 and Ford Mustang drop. Weren't they suppose to drop at the beginning of the year?

I'd wager all their focus right now is on getting the console version prepped for release, as it should be. I'm hoping that there will be a raft of goodies waiting for us once it is released.

I'd wager all their focus right now is on getting the console version prepped for release, as it should be. I'm hoping that there will be a raft of goodies waiting for us once it is released.

Thought I read somewhere that it will be first quarter for those two free cars. So it shouldn't be long

I see, thanks! Yeah, I kinda figured that, however considering they've announced it and all, I thought they were already ready for release. Oh well, I'm just going to wait then :dopey:

I see, thanks! Yeah, I kinda figured that, however considering they've announced it and all, I thought they were already ready for release. Oh well, I'm just going to wait then :dopey:
Given the press demos, I'm sure they've already submitted something to both Sony and Microsoft, but they will no doubt be working on a final build and/or launch day patches.

I'd be willing to bet those are launched with the console launch. Just to make things together

Crazily, I just put in some laps and tyre temps work now :odd: I tried a wide variety of cars (some tyre model V5, some V6), tried tyre blankets on/off, tried tyre wear on/off. They all work properly and heat up & cool down as it should (although it still cools down too easily). With some drifting I managed to reach 100 C in the McLaren P1. Also front wheels heat up much easier than rears, even in high powered RWDs. The temp displayed in pit garage works too, but only when tyre wear is on (if tyre wear is off it says N/A).

I don't know what happened, but I'm a happy bunny now :D

If temps are working this is absolutely game changing. Can someone else test this to confirm? Most of you will be on well before me:guilty:

About the Abarth, double check to make sure TC isn't on. I'm not sure if the car has it but it might cause this behaviour. If it's off then you'll have to dial in the settings somewhat. I use different profiles for different cars already and it comes in pretty handy.

I feel torque steer, but usually it's more of a lightness than a pulling, and it can vary from car to car. As for the slip effect, so far as I can tell all it really does is add a generic vibration when you start to slip the tires and doesn't seem to actually impact the physics or feeling of the car (besides adding a vibration).

I'm not feeling anything at all, the wheel is just outputting constant force even if I know the front wheels are supposed to be fighting for grip. There's another FFB setting (enhance understeer effect), maybe that's the one I'm thinking about.

I also tried accelerating from a standstill without holding the wheel. I know in real life the wheel will start twisting back and forth, but in AC the wheel just stays straight.

If temps are working this is absolutely game changing. Can someone else test this to confirm? Most of you will be on well before me:guilty:

About the Abarth, double check to make sure TC isn't on. I'm not sure if the car has it but it might cause this behaviour. If it's off then you'll have to dial in the settings somewhat. I use different profiles for different cars already and it comes in pretty handy.

I always run with all aids off. By settings do you mean FFB gain? I dialled in the Abarth with FFB check (have mine set at 95).

Eek, I was really hoping AC wouldn't fall into the delayed release pitfall, but I guess this is the norm now. Too bad, after some of the release/delay/release/delay fiasco's we've had (like GT5 and PCars) this kind of thing isn't good for one's public image (sim racers aren't exactly a forgiving or understanding lot). I hope this doesn't mean any PC updates are going to be delayed until June...

Eek, I was really hoping AC wouldn't fall into the delayed release pitfall, but I guess this is the norm now. Too bad, after some of the release/delay/release/delay fiasco's we've had (like GT5 and PCars) this kind of thing isn't good for one's public image (sim racers aren't exactly a forgiving or understanding lot). I hope this doesn't mean any PC updates are going to be delayed until June...

I feel like every next gen game was delayed. "for polishing"

I feel like every next gen game was delayed. "for polishing"

I know, that's why I was hoping AC wouldn't succumb to this trend and would start off on a good foot.

Well after all the outcry about unfinished games when they're released, I understand why they'll want to delay it.

I do too, but was hoping a couple years of polishing on the PC would help them avoid this. I think I just heard all the console players let out a collective sigh followed by "Oh, not again........". Let's just hope this is the only delay.

"The delay will "ensure the console release delivers the most polished experience for simulation racing fans," 505 says,"

I know there aren't a lot of ways to phrase that but that's pretty much what the wookie said when PCars was delayed. :ill::ill::(

"The delay will "ensure the console release delivers the most polished experience for simulation racing fans," 505 says,"

I know there aren't a lot of ways to phrase that but that's pretty much what the wookie said when PCars was delayed. :ill::ill::(

Well.. Bell said. "But we know that these extra days will allow us to provide the best game experience that our fans deserve. "

You can't really put AC against GT Sport...
Well we don't know anything about GTS yet, or AC on consoles for that matter, but we know that GTS isn't a full size game and the two might be quite comparable. GTS might be lacking in main game features and put it on the same relative level as AC in terms of car and track count. Not sure if AC is going into E-Sports and likely nothing to do with the FIA but likely the FIA thing is just a series of TT's ala GTAcademy anyway.

Releasing them at the same time might not be such a great idea for AC but who knows when GTS will arrive. The near total lack of communication leads me to believe that GTS will not arrive in the spring as promised anyway...

Well.. Bell said. "But we know that these extra days will allow us to provide the best game experience that our fans deserve. "

And that worked out brilliantly. :lol:

This could put AC right against Gran Turismo Sport's BETA.

That's presuming GTS doesn't encounter its own delays, and based on PD's history with meeting original release dates......well, I think we all know how that goes. :P

1.5 coming sometime in March.

vtKtthR.png

Back