Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Only my second day with Asseto Corsa ,never has version 1 . Impression so far , quite happy with it , added GT_Ace's Visual Mod , grabbed the 787B as soon as i could and have spent the last 8-10 hours sorting out the wheel settings .

Overal i'm quite impressed with the game and will spend most of my time on the Nordschleife , just trying to get round without crashing .

weird thing , I seem to crash in the same places as I did in GT5/6 :dunce:

Holy S. Just gave the P1 another go and got a 6:16 BTG :lol:
And I even had quite a few errors, so just give me some time and I'll give you a sub-6:10 BTG :eek:

I cannot get enough of the Nordschleife, it's ridiculous :D

Last edited:
Only my second day with Asseto Corsa ,never has version 1 . Impression so far , quite happy with it , added GT_Ace's Visual Mod , grabbed the 787B as soon as i could and have spent the last 8-10 hours sorting out the wheel settings .

Overal i'm quite impressed with the game and will spend most of my time on the Nordschleife , just trying to get round without crashing .

weird thing , I seem to crash in the same places as I did in GT5/6 :dunce:

Don't worry, many of us are still 'fresh' to AC, and your not the only one crashing @ Nurb, I keep forgetting to avoid the rumble strips I always rode in GT :nervous:

Holy S. Just gave the P1 another go and got a 6:16 BTG :lol:
And I even had quite a few errors, so just give me some time and I'll give you a sub-6:10 BTG :eek:

Could you share your tire pressures/ambient temp/surface & any tweaks to the default setup ?. I'd like to have a reference of what others are doing, as I can't seem to find settings for the P1 I end up happy with.

Could you share your tire pressures/ambient temp/surface & any tweaks to the default setup ?. I'd like to have a reference of what others are doing, as I can't seem to find settings for the P1 I end up happy with.

Ambient Temp: 15°C
Tyre Pressure: 22psi front/21psi rear
Surface: Green
Other tweaks: 3.3 front camber/ 2.8 rear camber

Could you share your tire pressures/ambient temp/surface & any tweaks to the default setup ?

Does anyone have any tips or resources for adjusting tire pressures? I've never touched them, have no clue as to how to better adjust them but I know they can make a big difference in performance.

Does anyone have any tips or resources for adjusting tire pressures? I've never touched them, have no clue as to how to better adjust them but I know they can make a big difference in performance.
I don't have much of a clue neither, but i find the standard settings always way too high, i lower them to between 21 and 24 and i also have the tendency to leave a bit more air at the front or back depending on where the engine is located (more weight needs more pressure). That last part is from my real life experience with a volvo 440, as you might know a real racing machine :lol:

Anyone know how come the standard pressures are so high always?

Lower the pressure to have more grip plus more heat into the tires. Increase to have more top speed(don't know how good this is modeled in AC) and less heat.

So in lower temperatures you probably want to lower quite a good bit the tire pressures.

Also, as Aris(phisics dev) said, on road cars, as it happens in real life track days, you'll want lower pressures (as normal preassures for road use won't be optimal of course) and add negative camber.

Have fun ;)

EDIT:

I don't have much of a clue neither, but i find the standard settings always way too high, i lower them to between 21 and 24 and i also have the tendency to leave a bit more air at the front or back depending on where the engine is located (more weight needs more pressure). That last part is from my real life experience with a volvo 440, as you might know a real racing machine :lol:

Anyone know how come the standard pressures are so high always?

In road use you won't need optimal pressures, as that will heat your tires faster, and with that wear them out faster also.

:lol::lol::lol:

So me system is now

Intel Core i7 3770K @3.50ghz
8gb dual layer memory
750 watt psu
GTX 970

should be enough to kick the crap out a few games for a while...................at least :rolleyes:
I wish I was patient and waited for the 900 series cards when I bought my 780. The 970 looks to perform about the same but has more memory and is a lot better priced.. That's PC gaming though right..

I wish I was patient and waited for the 900 series cards when I bought my 780. The 970 looks to perform about the same but has more memory and is a lot better priced.. That's PC gaming though right..

No doubt in a few . days / weeks / months yet another card will come out an do the same to the 970 , that's PC's though , constant updates .

figure mine will be future proof for only about 12 months at the most .

@20832 - Wow, what a difference having decent tire pressures made. I guess I've been setting them too high (high 20's) and letting my own tuning-thoughts fight it out (low-profile tire construction vs. manufacturer recommendations, other silly ramblings).

I wasn't happy with my own settings, as I kept getting alot of 'skidding'/understeer when I didn't want it, but having pressures more suited for the conditions was a huge improvement. I don't think I'm still getting 100% from them as my tire temps were only peaking around 60'C on the road tires, which Kunos states 75-85'C is optimum, so I'm sure there's more performance on the table. 💡

(I'm also starting to accept my 'pace' is probably around that of TopGear Presentor/Gentleman Driver :dunce:)

I guess I'll be testing/setting by pressures & conditions more thoroughly from now on. 👍

I think you are fine with that 780. I just replaced my 780 with a EVGA GTX 980 Super Clock and I'm a little disappointed - not that big of a difference.

Hey guys....bought Assetto Corsa a couple days ago. Loving it so far...Just been playing Career right now. Just a quick "eye candy" question. I have all my settings on Ultra and running a consistent 80-90 FPS with about 10 cars on the track and although the detail is very nice the color seems "washed out"...Is there something else I can do other than adjusting my TV settings?? I like my TV the way it is....If I could only darken the screen some but I cant seem to find anything in the video settings on the game...Or is the washed out look is what I get with Ultra settings

Hey guys....bought Assetto Corsa a couple days ago. Loving it so far...Just been playing Career right now. Just a quick "eye candy" question. I have all my settings on Ultra and running a consistent 80-90 FPS with about 10 cars on the track and although the detail is very nice the color seems "washed out"...Is there something else I can do other than adjusting my TV settings?? I like my TV the way it is....If I could only darken the screen some but I cant seem to find anything in the video settings on the game...Or is the washed out look is what I get with Ultra settings
There are a few filters up on Race Department that may help - I use one as I too thought v1.1.1 brought with it a more washed out look but don't remember off hand which one.

Luna-C's PP Realism Filter 0.03
PP Filter For Assetto Corsa

Blackcelica's Photo Real PP Filter 1.1 FINAL for AC1.1 DLC

Dynamic View 2 & 3 1.1
Improvements of the original Dynamic View

Natural Graphics Mod 2.0.1a
V1.1 and Nordschleife ready

I think you are fine with that 780. I just replaced my 780 with a EVGA GTX 980 Super Clock and I'm a little disappointed - not that big of a difference.
Yeah if I were to upgrade I reckon I will wait at least 2 generations. Will last long enough for that I think and means it should be a significant upgrade worth the money. Plus components are super expensive in Aus

color seems "washed out"...Is there something else I can do other than adjusting my TV settings??

Have you fiddled with the saturation setting? Crank that up if you haven't yet and see what you think.

acsetting_zpswensajea.jpg

I'm also sure Kunos meant "Colour" and not "Color" ;)

There are a few filters up on Race Department that may help - I use one as I too thought v1.1.1 brought with it a more washed out look but don't remember off hand which one.

Luna-C's PP Realism Filter 0.03
PP Filter For Assetto Corsa

Blackcelica's Photo Real PP Filter 1.1 FINAL for AC1.1 DLC

Dynamic View 2 & 3 1.1
Improvements of the original Dynamic View

Natural Graphics Mod 2.0.1a
V1.1 and Nordschleife ready

Thanks....how do I apply these??....Do I have to download these in my Assetto Corsa folder???...Im new...sorry

Thanks....how do I apply these??....Do I have to download these in my Assetto Corsa folder???...Im new...sorry
First try pulling up the menu on the right hand side while on the track, and scroll down through the icons. I think the 7th one down is "Post Processing Filters", it looks like an old school move projector. Click on it when you are on a scenic piece of track and stopped, and a small box will pop and you can use the mouse to move through different preset filters. If one of those doesn't float your boat try adjusting sliders or one of the custom PP filters as suggested above.

No doubt in a few . days / weeks / months yet another card will come out an do the same to the 970 , that's PC's though , constant updates .

figure mine will be future proof for only about 12 months at the most .
No I think you will be fine for a lot longer than a year. :) It depends a bit on what games you play of course. If you stick to PC sims most of them are light on the grahics cards. The exception to that will be PCars I guess. But the nice thing is that you can always lower settings and still have a perfectly playable game. And when your card starts to struggle some time in the future you have the option of lowering settings even more or getting another one (used) of the same type and run them in SLI.

On top of that CPUs nowadays last for an eternity, so that's nothing to worry about either. :)

First try pulling up the menu on the right hand side while on the track, and scroll down through the icons. I think the 7th one down is "Post Processing Filters", it looks like an old school move projector. Click on it when you are on a scenic piece of track and stopped, and a small box will pop and you can use the mouse to move through different preset filters. If one of those doesn't float your boat try adjusting sliders or one of the custom PP filters as suggested above.

Didnt even know there was a menu on the right side....Ill give this a shot tonight thanks again

@Lewis_Hamilton_ My Color saturation was set to 100 but I noticed the slider wasnt all the way over so I slid it to 106 (as far as you can go) and it made a huge difference

Windscreen :lol::lol::lol:

Well, it's true. Everyone one of my cars in AC has a filthy windscreen, some so bad I can barely see through if there's a glare. My crews in R3E and GSCE are much higher caliber and always have my windscreen nice and clean before releasing me onto the track. They got a raise, my AC crew is back at the shop cleaning the bathrooms as punishment. Hopefully they do a better job on the toilets than they do on my windscreen. :irked:

It should go to 120, that's what mine is at. Still looks a bit washed out to me, but part of that's because my lazy pit crew never cleans the windscreen.

Windscreen :lol::lol::lol:

Well, it's true. Everyone one of my cars in AC has a filthy windscreen, some so bad I can barely see through if there's a glare. My crews in R3E and GSCE are much higher caliber and always have my windscreen nice and clean before releasing me onto the track. They got a raise, my AC crew is back at the shop cleaning the bathrooms as punishment. Hopefully they do a better job on the toilets than they do on my windscreen. :irked:

Hope they don't use the same brush.

Dirty windscreen is part of an "Italian Job"??!! lol :lol::lol::lol:

Like I said Im rather new to this but was wondering if AC supports brake vibration...you know.. like when your ABS starts to kick in and your brake will start Vibrating???

I also have to agree about the dirty windshield.....looks like they are made of plexyglass

Back