Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
You need to click on, Use 3D Settings, then off you go. It can always be reverted back to previous via the restore button so no worries.

Last edited:
You need to click on, Use 3D Settings, then off you go. It can always be reverted back to previous via the restore button so no worries.

Tried too , but the DSR Option is "Greyed Out" did some research on the www seems its either a) install issue b) driver issue . to be honest as i'm running everything at the Max with 24 cars and not even using 50% of my CPU i'm quite happy to leave it as is ;)

Tried too , but the DSR Option is "Greyed Out" did some research on the www seems its either a) install issue b) driver issue . to be honest as i'm running everything at the Max with 24 cars and not even using 50% of my CPU i'm quite happy to leave it as is ;)
Fair play mate! Anyway, bit drained now and got my beer goggles on after watching the Rugby, so close yet so far! However, if you get curious then watch the video above, only takes a few clicks and the difference is very noticeable.

I was looking at new a new tv for my living room today, 42", 1080p and 240hz. :eek: Under $400 USD too.
More than likely it's still a 60hz tv, post processing takes it to 240hz. Still a good deal of course and the post processing looks great on movies and such. Mine is 60hz native/120hz with Motion Flow and looks great.

I use a 32" Insignia 1080P TV I got from Best Buy for $200 for my driving rig gaming screen, and a $400 42" Sharp 1080P for everything else including controller based gaming/internet browsing/movie watching. They seem to work ok.

Just getting back to the tire pressure chat a few pages back. I use dashmeter pro and find when left at default pressures during the race they creep up towards 40psi when hot wich is way to much. I find 21-23 psi cold depending on the car to work the best once they get heated up.

Also for those not using dashmeter it's worth the few bucks it costs.

One thing guys.
If I use CTRL + T to change TCS setting from 0 to X (X maximum number car got) to off and again 0 when I set TCS in Factory before go in the track, all those settings are related on TCS "Factory" or it changes it to TCS "On" while "Factory" is only the 0 setting?
Also, there are ways to "setup" them or are they fixed, so only way to understand which is optimal is to test?

One thing guys.
If I use CTRL + T to change TCS setting from 0 to X (X maximum number car got) to off and again 0 when I set TCS in Factory before go in the track, all those settings are related on TCS "Factory" or it changes it to TCS "On" while "Factory" is only the 0 setting?
Also, there are ways to "setup" them or are they fixed, so only way to understand which is optimal is to test?

I've kinda been wondering this too, with the McLaren P1 with everything but ABS off, you can see 'IPAS' pull-back as wheelspin creeps-in while keeping the pedal down, like it senses it and kinda behaves in a faux-TC manner, limiting output until grip is retained.

Not entirely sure if that's how 'full-IPAS' works in the actual car's race-mode, or if there's some sort of 'nanny-system' in place with ABS set to factory.

I tested 2 cars and here's what I found.

With both cars, I could never return to default TCS once I started the Ctrl-T cycle.

McLaren P1 default TCS is 12%
Setting 1 is 10%, 2 is 14%, 3 is 19% and 4 is 26%. Off is obviously off.

Alfa 4C default TCS is 11%
Setting 1 is 13%, 2 is 20% and 3 is 27%

Seems really strange that you can't return to default. I'll try more cars later.

Tip of the day gentlemen; change your PP filter to S1 evolution and bump up saturation to 120 👍
On default there is this blueish tint + when you select overcast conditions (heavy clouds), you almost can't see the track as everything is way too dark.

S1 evolution makes your cockpit look better too, as on default they are also a bit on the dark side.

One thing that's been bugging the hello out of me , is when i'm racing the Lotus 98T why the hell are the other 98T's so much quicker.

Then I found out about the Boost Button.............D'oh :dunce:

Omg this car is now bonkers :lol:

One thing that's been bugging the hello out of me , is when i'm racing the Lotus 98T why the hell are the other 98T's so much quicker.

Then I found out about the Boost Button.............D'oh :dunce:

Omg this car is now bonkers :lol:

The exact same thing happened to me, I couldn't figure out how I was getting smoked in the RUF online only to find out about the boost button.

My favourite moment: Gave it to a cousin to drive with 10% boost on the 98T. Let them have half a lap of feeling in decent control. The moment they started relaxing on the wheel I hit the 100% boost. Between the Lesmos at Monza. Face was priceless...

The boost button is on your keyboard, not your wheel, it's the 1 and 0 key above the letters (not the keypad on the right side of the keyboard). See below.
Damn that's a shame, i can't put my hands off the wheel and search for the 1 button on my keyboard, or that will be a definite crash...

The boost button is on your keyboard, not your wheel, it's the 1 and 0 key above the letters (not the keypad on the right side of the keyboard). See below.

I can't be reaching for my keyboard when my hands are full of force feedback!

Ummm..........you could always hit it before you take off from the starting line? I wouldn't think you'd want to be adjusting it mid-lap anyway.

It's actually 1 through the 0 key at the top of the keyboard. 1 = 10% 2 = 20% ....0 = 100%

Damn that's a shame, i can't put my hands off the wheel and search for the 1 button on my keyboard, or that will be a definite crash...
I had a YB race at Eastern Creek and needed to hit the full boost after I got it into second gear so I labeled it with a white sticker.

Well I went to the Nurburgring last weekend. Enjoyed riding two laps shotgun with Kristof (forum member).

Assetto corsa is really really really bad. The number of spectators in Touristen Fahrten mode is way to high in the game.

;)

Layout wise is spot on. Awesome how they have recreated this piece of asphalt in the game.

Assetto corsa is really really really bad. The number of spectators in Touristen Fahrten mode is way to high in the game.

;)

That's it, I'm selling my rig.

vysUmffUa9o4g.gif

Well I went to the Nurburgring last weekend. Enjoyed riding two laps shotgun with Kristof (forum member).

;)

That always depends on the day and especially the weather. Go there on Carfreitag or after VLN races and there are going to be A LOT of people, again always depending on the weather. At some points it doesn't really make a lot of sense. There are never going to be a lot of people near the T13/old pit, but that's just for the "livelyhood" of the game.

But I guess since you used the ;) smiley, it was just irony. At least I hope :lol:

of course it was.
AC is ace in every way.

Did I mention I witnessed the LaFerrari drifting through corners. It was so awesome. What a machine that is.

Latest Posts

Back