Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
of course it was.
AC is ace in every way.

Did I mention I witnessed the LaFerrari drifting through corners. It was so awesome. What a machine that is.

No, you didn't, but here he is :lol:

Just finished my first Multiplayer sessions, a lot of fun with the right people. The Zonda R around the Tourist Nordschleife is just completely retarded, my fastest lap of the day was a 6:02:478 :lol:

I know i'm a spoiled child, but i'm already wondering when they are going to release more content. Any ideas when the next dream pack might hit the digital shelves?

I think we have enough content for the time being, and enough mods to fill in the gaps. I'd really like to see features added next, and some polishing.

There's plenty of good ones, some so good it's hard to tell it's not a Kunos track. There have only been a few (of the dozens and dozens I've tried) that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. At the very least, almost all of them are far better than any Gran Tursimo track.

There's plenty of good ones, some so good it's hard to tell it's not a Kunos track. There have only been a few (of the dozens and dozens I've tried) that I didn't thoroughly enjoy. At the very least, almost all of them are far better than any Gran Tursimo track.
I'm a bit anal when it comes to detail. For example i didn't like snoopy's ring, and on the Le mans track it disturbs me that the stands on the main straight are wrong. A lot of them are just bare bones and have these cross shaped threes here and there, but not much else apart from the layout which is more or less correct. Donington, Paul Ricard and the '88 tracks have been worthy additions though on the other hand.

In any case i wouldn't mind a Kunos Zandvoort and Brands added soon.

I'm a bit anal when it comes to detail. For example i didn't like snoopy's ring, and on the Le mans track it disturbs me that the stands on the main straight are wrong. A lot of them are just bare bones and have these cross shaped threes here and there, but not much else apart from the layout which is more or less correct. Donington, Paul Ricard and the '88 tracks have been worthy additions though on the other hand.

I'm glad I'm not afflicted with that condition. :D As long as I have steady frame rates, no screen tearing, and correct grip I'm quite happy. I dealt with Gran Turismo's graphics issues for so long that it doesn't take much to please me.

Fortunately content and features are separate at Kunos. So we will continually see more of both.

If it were up to me I'd pull a few guys from the content department and stick them in the features department for a few months so we can start to thoroughly enjoy AC's potential instead of fantasizing about it. I believe Kunos is made up of just over a dozen employees so if they keep the labor divided then any progress will remain at a slow trickle.

If you have a team that small you need people who can wear multiple hats. I'd guess if you can model a car/track then figuring out how to implement false starts, reverse grids, and tire restrictions for online races would be fairly easy to learn. Oh well, maybe we'll get those features for Xmas.

Last edited:

Mod Brands Hatch is great, actually! Got it the other night. In my opinion by far the best mod track is Barbagallo Raceway. Highly recommended downloading that one.

Mod Brands Hatch is great, actually! Got it the other night. In my opinion by far the best mod track is Barbagallo Raceway. Highly recommended downloading that one.
I already had Barbagallo but will download Brands after checking it out on youtube 👍

If you have a team that small you need people who can wear multiple hats. I'd guess if you can model a car/track then figuring out how to implement false starts, reverse grids, and tire restrictions for online races would be fairly easy to learn. Oh well, maybe we'll get those features for Xmas.
Writing code and graphic art are two very different jobs like say an English teacher and a brick layer.

ps. been 'modding' tonight and added Brands, Interlagos and Suzuka and the Lambo Countach.
All are great mods!

So even for someone as fixed on detail as myself, with a bit of filtering there's indeed a lot of great content available.

I have a 'condition' other than visual standards or benchmarks ;), my condition is I get 'stuck' on car/track combo's for almost weeks-at-a-time :lol:

I need to start keeping a 'list' of mod tracks to try, and treat it like a 'bucket-list'. Currently I'm holding out for a update to the Yas Marina circuit, so I can hoon a P1 around in a better 'night' setting, but something will probably come up prior to that update (thinking something with the Alfa GTA)

I'm a programmer and I can't build nothing better than a match box in 3d. So no, they can't do both in most cases.

ps. been 'modding' tonight and added Brands, Interlagos and Suzuka and the Lambo Countach.
All are great mods!

So even for someone as fixed on detail as myself, with a bit of filtering there's indeed a lot of great content available.

Good to know. I will have a good look at those. Even though Snoopy did a good job, the AC Nordschleife is something different. And that is what I am looking for to trash my sparse spare time.

From Facebook:

"We want to thanks all of you for your awesome support: as better as we can. This is just an expectation of things to come: as a gift."

11059934_1105012019525115_958245843597066425_o.png

I'm new here to the Assetto Corsa family. Just bought a new controller (along with a keyboard and a mouse), and I've decided to spend some time for my other week of spring break to play this game as I wait for Project CARS, which has been delayed until mid-May at the earliest.

Bought Dream Pack 1 along with the main game for $55 ($50 for main game, $15 for Dream Pack 1, $10 savings as combo).

Any recommendations on where I should start off?

Last edited:
If you can, get a wheel and pedal combo. Then take the 458 out on the Nordschleife

This, the 458 is a good starting-car if you're used to driving-dynamics in general, but if you've never used a good wheel before, it wouldn't hurt to start in something slower and work your way up, just like you would in real life. I'd suggest the FF Fiat Abarth and a smaller track, or just working through the career.

Also once you get a wheel, make sure you get it setup properly, no clipping, use a correct & comfortable FOV, and make sure your visual settings are set how you want.

There's a plethora of information out there, searching should always get a answer to a question, if not there's plenty of players here who are helpful. 👍

Back