Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Although there are updates coming, and more content in-coming, right now I think the thread title, as it is, is appropriate for the time being.

The Lamborghini Teaser got re-uploaded
-http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-lamborghini-teaser-video-revealed.105650/

And a new car may be coming, in the form of the SCG 003C #N24 Racer.
-http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-glickenhaus-newest-baby-the-scg-003c-coming.105713/

Maybe "Assetto Corsa I News and General Discussion I The Lamborghini Teaser" or something if you must edit it.

Currently half price on Steam, if anyone who doesn't have it.

Yup I just took advantage of that. I have only just got PCARS and Grid:AUtosport fairly recently, but £23 to drive a 458 Italia around the ring, well I couldn't resist.

I think I'll grab the Dream Pack version, and yes, also got PCARS and DiRT Rally...but it hasn't been on offer for yonks and been wanting to try it out.

I got AC w/ the Dream Pack back at normal price, and I don't regret it at all. However I am waiting to see how P.CARS both matures & gets its issues (big or small) sorted out before buying, if it hits sale then yeah I'll probably get it.

But right now, DiRT Rally is looking more enticing, and it's only what ?, $20$35 bucks until it goes up ?

Edit* Nvm, $35, don't know where I got $20 from

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel like the only person who has had a positive pCARS experience. As someone who really loves AC, pCARS is worth a shot. Maybe wait till a Steam sale if you're still not sold...

You're not alone. Haven't played it (pCars) much, but I enjoyed taking the R8 LMS Ultra around Brands Hatch. With the Jack Spade tweaks the ffb is quite decent.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who has had a positive pCARS experience. As someone who really loves AC, pCARS is worth a shot. Maybe wait till a Steam sale if you're still not sold...
I was a little worried when I first bought Project Cars but with some FFB tuning it's actually quite good. A bit buggy (pit stops especially) but the career is fun and more engaging than the likes of AC. AC is far more detailed though and the content it does have is more polished. The proper triple screen support, track details, physics and FFB are all brilliant. Still, I'm having quite a bit of fun with Project Cars and I do recommend it (on PC at least)

I'm dying to try pCars, i bought it off steam for PC but it had some kind of error loading, and now I'm waiting for my cousin tech expert to fix it! Its been very hard to get some solid referance on how the physics stack up against AC tho .................

I'm dying to try pCars, i bought it off steam for PC but it had some kind of error loading, and now I'm waiting for my cousin tech expert to fix it! Its been very hard to get some solid referance on how the physics stack up against AC tho .................
Best reference is just to try it yourself and see what your hands tell you. :)

You are far from the only person that likes Project CARS. I like AC but I'm spending more time in pCARS, I Ike the track/car selection, FFB (TX wheel), sounds, and lively environments.
It is a good addition to my library.

Every time I think about buying pCARS I look at their carlist and realize there is scant little there for me. Maybe when the price comes down to $10 or so. In the mean time if I want more of a "race experience" than AC offers I just boot up the Historix mod on rFactor. I decided on Ac over pCARS over 2 years ago because without modding the content (cars) that I want won't ever be available.

Seems like the Toyota GT-86 is another of the free cars coming with the Bonus Pack.

11270663_1144388425587474_4281563785768372552_o.jpg

Has anyone had any issues lately, with the Yellowbird or Ferrari F40, where the steering in-game no longer matches that of their real-world wheel ?

I went to take the Yellowbird out at Magione, and a few corners in on my outlap, I noticed something was 'off' when steering into turns. So I stopped and did a quick lock-to-lock test to see how things where - and sure enough, the steering is off, in-fact I'd said the in-game is greater than 900', as when I do 180' with my wheel, the in-game wheel is almost 200' into a rotation, and it doesn't stop one I reach 900', it just keeps rotating.

I found the same issue occurs with the Ferrari F40, but that's it from what I've tried since, Super cars (P1, LaFerrari) are fine, mod cars (180sx, Ascona C GT, various F1 cars) are fine as well, it's just these 2 it seems.

I've done all the Profiler/Game setting checks, re-did my own and everything and it's all in order, there should be no issue, but something is incorrect somewhere, so I thought I'd ask here and see if I'm the only one, Google just brings back 'Settings' results, which as I've said are as should be. :boggled:

Has anyone had any issues lately, with the Yellowbird or Ferrari F40, where the steering in-game no longer matches that of their real-world wheel ?

I went to take the Yellowbird out at Magione, and a few corners in on my outlap, I noticed something was 'off' when steering into turns. So I stopped and did a quick lock-to-lock test to see how things where - and sure enough, the steering is off, in-fact I'd said the in-game is greater than 900', as when I do 180' with my wheel, the in-game wheel is almost 200' into a rotation, and it doesn't stop one I reach 900', it just keeps rotating.

I found the same issue occurs with the Ferrari F40, but that's it from what I've tried since, Super cars (P1, LaFerrari) are fine, mod cars (180sx, Ascona C GT, various F1 cars) are fine as well, it's just these 2 it seems.

I've done all the Profiler/Game setting checks, re-did my own and everything and it's all in order, there should be no issue, but something is incorrect somewhere, so I thought I'd ask here and see if I'm the only one, Google just brings back 'Settings' results, which as I've said are as should be. :boggled:

Hi, that could be "as designed", the RUF and F40 have more than 2.5 turns lock to lock in real life, so if you have a 900 degree wheel the wheel in game will have to turn a little extra to make the full 1080 or so degrees of the real cars.

Hi, that could be "as designed", the RUF and F40 have more than 2.5 turns lock to lock in real life, so if you have a 900 degree wheel the wheel in game will have to turn a little extra to make the full 1080 or so degrees of the real cars.

Ah, that I did not know about those two, and here I was thinking it was a game-issue. I guess my solution will be to adjust my FOV & hide the virtual wheel then, which I already did once with the Yellowbird, not the end of the world 👍

JvM
Isnt there a 'max rotation for virtual wheel' setting in the options? Could work.

I know that is an option in GameStockCarExtreme and other gMotor2-based sims, but I can't remember if it's in AC's settings somewhere or not, didn't spend much time in-there today, did a bunch of career-races and achievement-hunting instead. :D

Ah, that I did not know about those two, and here I was thinking it was a game-issue. I guess my solution will be to adjust my FOV & hide the virtual wheel then, which I already did once with the Yellowbird, not the end of the world 👍
You can just hide the wheel but keep the same FOV. That's what I do.

You can just hide the wheel but keep the same FOV. That's what I do.

I did try that too, but it ended up 'bugging' me more than I liked, so I started adjusting my FOV to put my real-world wheel where the old one kinda was, despite my setup not being all that accommodating for it, and found myself preferring that for these cars.

Tried the same idea in other cars too, and couldn't stand that either for them, so I'm a picky mother:censored: :lol:, some cars it's fantastic, others it just feels off-putting. :boggled:

Also the in-game rotation limit is in AC, but it only goes to 450', and I don't know if it'd solve the 1:1 ratio issue or not. It could just stop the in-game wheel at it's max rotation, separate to what I'm still doing in the real world, but I haven't checked that specifically.

While I'll probably stick with PC, it's great to see Kunos expanding to PS4 and XBox. As long as PC uses continue to get an improved experience and they don't shift focus to the console versions, I'll be happy.

Great to see all the new cars in the video too!

Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Countach
GT-R Nismo
SCG003
GT-86
Ferrari F138(2013 F1)
Audi Sport Quattro

Its funny because i checked there FB page about 10 minutes before they possted it and i happened to see the trailer on youtube just now. I thought i had better check their page again incase it was a hoax. This is awsome news

Back