Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
So as it turns out, I forgot about half the cars in the Dream Pack. Seriously, I literally had no idea they were there so when I launched the game today I found a selection of awesome cars I haven't driven yet.

I still can't get over how good value that pack was, I'm not sure if we will be seeing a Dream Pack 2 in the future but hey I'm all for it.

The McLaren P1 surprised me, I actually thought it would be really hard to drive but its pretty tame and stable. The problem was I got a bit too used and was all calm and then it just jolted and surprised me out nowhere as I crashed into the guardrail :lol:

Some more images from Gamersyde:
image_assetto_corsa-28436-2851_0001.jpg

image_assetto_corsa-28436-2851_0004.jpg

image_assetto_corsa-28436-2851_0005.jpg

image_assetto_corsa-28436-2851_0009.jpg

So as it turns out, I forgot about half the cars in the Dream Pack. Seriously, I literally had no idea they were there so when I launched the game today I found a selection of awesome cars I haven't driven yet.

I still can't get over how good value that pack was, I'm not sure if we will be seeing a Dream Pack 2 in the future but hey I'm all for it.

The McLaren P1 surprised me, I actually thought it would be really hard to drive but its pretty tame and stable. The problem was I got a bit too used and was all calm and then it just jolted and surprised me out nowhere as I crashed into the guardrail :lol:
Yes, the P1 is amazing. Been a while since I drove it but yesterday I took it out on a green Nordschleife + road tyres and omg. :drool:
Btw, here is a nice list of what's coming for AC: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ent-in-assetto-corsa.23854/page-3#post-477519

Some more images from Gamersyde:
image_assetto_corsa-28436-2851_0004.jpg
Ah, the Nismo. Really looking forward to taking that out on the ring as well.

How many cars are available in the base game for PC? I think it's unfair to charge people for DLC just because it the game is out of early access. I'm pretty sure there's less cars available than pCARS.

How many cars are available in the base game for PC? I think it's unfair to charge people for DLC just because it the game is out of early access. I'm pretty sure there's less cars available than pCARS.

You get 37 cars and 16 tracks from the get go. Considering that these cars and tracks are very well made, I think it's a very decent amount of content from the start.

But the main thing, and the reason why I personally think that the DLC is very much worth it especially if you consider the price, is that you actually get A LOT of added content with a laser-scanned and very accurate Nordschleife with various layouts and another 10 cars for about 10 or 15 bucks. If you compare the content to something like a DLC for Battlefield, where you get 4 new maps and maybe 5 new weapons or Forza Motorsport/Horizon, where you pay the same or even more money for a DLC with no tracks and less cars.

So the value of these Dream packs is actually pretty outstanding and actually worth picking up.

It's interesting to note that the overwhelming sentiment I saw in this forum, RD, VirtualR etc. was that Kunos wasn't charging enough money or it was outstanding value for the first DLC pack. My stance has always been the same regarding DLC. People are more than willing to pay for quality content as long as they see good value in it and the response to the Dream Pack confirms that for me.

There will be 5 free bonus pack coming, and more free cars coming. The DLC are mostly tracks and expensive race/special cars, aka dream pack. Pcar may have more cars, but some of their car feels similar to one another, and their stock cars is not as good as AC IMO, especially on drifting.

One thing I miss a lot when it comes to GT6 is the fantastic environment colour palette.

Anyone know any mod (such as a filter Natural Graphics Mod or something else) that will make AC look a closer to GT6 colour palette?

I believe I heard (i.e. not necessarily true) something a while back about the track being too expensive to license. Hopefully they will able to afford the track license given their recent success and/or if AC does well on consoles. Crossing fingers.
Watching Le Mans in the weekend has made my hands itch for some LMP and GT action on a properly laser scanned La Sarthe. :)

Maybe but Project cars has it and that didn't have a mega budget. It's more likely to be practicality. After all, most of the track is public road for nearly all the year and it does take time to laser scan the Assetto Corsa way.

Not to mention that Forza sponsors Le Mans (they even have the Forza chicane) and pCARS has licensed some kind of Le Mans tie-in. Getting approval to laser scan the track under those existing agreements might prove even more difficult!

Back