Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
I haven't played this in a while (last time I played was before the new update). Whenever I load a race with a modded car, the game crashes. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to download updated car mods?

Okay, being the idiot I am, I was deleting broken mods and clearing my recycle bin. When I was checking forums and mods, I realized the Zonda R wasn't a mod. For whatever reason I thought it was and I thought it was a broken mod and deleted. Is there any way to get it back? Do I have to reinstall Assetto Corsa?

Okay, being the idiot I am, I was deleting broken mods and clearing my recycle bin. When I was checking forums and mods, I realized the Zonda R wasn't a mod. For whatever reason I thought it was and I thought it was a broken mod and deleted. Is there any way to get it back? Do I have to reinstall Assetto Corsa?

Do a steam cache integrity.

Open Steam, go to Library->Right Click Assetto Corsa->Properties->Local Files->Verify Integrity Of Game Cache.
It'll take some minutes and redownload all missing files. When you do this, all modified original files like sounds, graphics stuff etc. will be overwritten too. If you cannot launch a car after doing this, you might've had a soundmod for it. If that's the case, either re-install it, or delete the GUID.txt from the SFX folder of the car.

If i could pre-order it already i would:

futurama.jpg

- Changed BMW M235i Racing fuel tank capacity to 85l
- Changed graphical size of front tyres of Lotus Evora S
- fixed difficulty level on Special Events
- weather light normalization
- Updated FMod to 1.05.14 - probably you need to rebuild your banks
- New Fmod SDK project, please read the provided txt in the project folder
- New LaFerrari sound set
- Improved stereo image
- Fixed sound displacement for 4.1 speakers configuration
- Fixed abnormal pan settings for 458 Italia samples
- Corrected typos on LaFerrari tyres and adjustments on vehicle balance
- Corrected typos on Nissan GT-R GT3 tyres
- Added dampers settings on BMW M235iRacing and Alfa Romeo 155 Ti V6
- Adjusted McLaren F1 GTR bonnet camera inclination
- McLaren P1 now has an active aero brake rear wing as per McLaren latest software update.
- Fixed rear left brake caliper on BMW M3 E92
- Fixed center rear mirror on Lotus Evora S
- BMW 1M lights fixed
- Fixed setup toe alignement bugs for Lotus Elise SC S1,S2

Ak1504
- McLaren P1 now has an active aero brake rear wing as per McLaren latest software update

Interesting, does this mean the wing 'flips' more realistically now ?, or something else ?

Excited to try out both the P1 changes, & the LaFerrari changes tonight.

Interesting, does this mean the wing 'flips' more realistically now ?, or something else ?

I'll answer my own question for reference, the 'active aero brake' is just as it sounds, the wing dynamically moves & adjusts angle according to braking, but I haven't tested to see if the animation from 'manually-disabled DRS' to 'full-height' has changed any.

I kinda fell in love with the Lotus 49. It sounds soooo good! :eek:

It's also a joy to power-slide around 1966 Monza 👍

Also gave Salzburgring a try recently, wonderful mod-track with plenty of subtle beauty.
Screenshot_ks_mclaren_p1_salzburgring_19-4-115-20-33-56.jpg

It's also a joy to power-slide around 1966 Monza 👍

I usually drive it over the Nordschleife, it's quite a beast and you really gotta watch out for the wheel spin at the first and second gear, but other than that it's an absolute peach over it. Current best is a 6:50:643 BTG and there was a lot of room to spare, especially in the Wippermann and Brünnchen area I like to rip the car a little too hard and slide around like a mad man :lol:

Last edited:
A question that's popped into my head.

McLaren P1, in the real world it's a open-diff with 'simulated' LSD characteristics via the brakes, is that properly simulated in AC ?, or does it have a round-about way of simulating its 'LSD' in the game ?

It is, it's just been re-uploaded again, like there was a channel-switch or something. :odd:

RD covered it yesterday, and people were already asking the same thing.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-lamborghini-teaser-video-revealed.105650/

In other news, Suzuka was officially announced for GSCE :D
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/stock-car-extreme-kansai-officially-announced.105728/

And if you check on Facebook, you'll see the Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003 Racecar is coming to AC too 👍

scg.jpg

Back