Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
Thanks for respecting our rules mate! We're just trying to avoid guys who reupload our mods to make profit with it! nothing against you as a person! ;)

I understand, you know I did not mean any harm, actually in the contrary, I just wanted to let people here know of what you are doing.
The comments on your FB post about me are very negative in tone, it looks like people believe I was trying to harm you and your group, it does not look good on me and is not what I deserve.
It would be fair to remove it or set the record straight.
Thank you in advance.

I understand, you know I did not mean any harm, actually in the contrary, I just wanted to let people here know of what you are doing.
The comments on your FB post about me are very negative in tone, it looks like people believe I was trying to harm you and your group, it does not look good on me and is not what I deserve.
It would be fair to remove it or set the record straight.
Thank you in advance.
Sorry buddy was just trying to get in contact with you on fb no offence at all (from my side) ;) the problem why people react like this is mostly because a lot of guys share links of mods everywhere... this sadly helps thieves like those who call the mods their own or reupload them to money generating sites like deposit... a lot of modders stopped to share their work with the community since it`s a pretty common thing these days...

PS: would still like to get in contact with you on fb ;) post will get removed then!

Cheers,

Timo

1951 Ferrari 212 Export Vignale Spyder V1.0

46060043_1015728911950194_2028463227985199104_o.jpg

212 likes needed for this one to be released. Help spread the word. https://www.facebook.com/geroda74/?...FMvQBosgbwQPv3mk-QpYUmcHXuGrFrZe7Ew1Ltcq-1Xil

To whet the appetite for potential incoming GT Sport conversions...

Actually, this is a year old or more. Has there been much DLC?

Last edited:
His mods have already been exploited on the evil satanic FB page known as 'assetto car mods' so no damage to geroda intended here with this post

I'm 100% sure I already had his rather gorgeous Porsche 909 Bergespyder, but can't find it in my collection. The LODs were always broken so the car disappears a short distance ahead of you in spec races (leaving the driver floating in air) and I couldn't work out how to fix it properly - the normal techniques didn't seem to work. In the end I effectively ignored lod1 by unpacking the data and editing the lods.ini to:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=0

[LOD_0]
FILE=gd_porsche_909_bs.kn5
IN=0
OUT=5550

...which is a clumsy way of doing it but it works. It's a pretty efficient model anyway so the lod1 isn't really missed.

If anyone can fix the lods and preserve the lod1 at the same time then please post the ini.

It's a lovely little car. He allows sharing of the download link with proper credits. The author is Assetto Corsa Geroda74 sim mods

https://sharemods.com/jgj1222zparn/...4adACrnJ-7CVKBjEi1USVmEFRGDH2YCBbdSkAkUXw_kGU

46091579_1015945088595243_3681193736139702272_o.jpg

Exciting news from the shaders Discord:

peterboese Today at 8:34 PM

SO whats going on with the weatherFX: weatherFX is a replacment for the present AC sun, sky, cloud and fog render. It will solve many limitations AC has. Sun: - sun is rendered correctly (global position, size, graphic look) - due to the correct position full day/night cycles are possible - look and illumination is separated (many possibilities for modifikations) Sky: - a complete new sky render is used. It doesn't work the AC render way. The new sky render already produces realistic colorfades and is tweakable in many ways. It solves the major problem of AC's linear colorfaded sky. The new one produces a much more believable distance. - additional spherical color gradients can be drawn in the sky. Clouds: - the new cloud render uses normal maps, to get the cloud textures some volume - every cloud could be managed individually - clouds can be lit from all sides (front, back....) with different graphical results Fog: - a complete new fog render is used. It produces much more realistic pictures and has many more parameters to customize. - the fog is separated for ground, sky and every single cloud. - the main difference to the present AC fog: In full blend, every part(sky, ground) gets the same color. Now thick fog is easily possible - impossible with Kunos fog. So weatherFX is the new base for doing weather. It has much more functions and options, but here are some keynotes: - full 24h cycle - correct sun path for every global position on every date - correct moon path per global position (correct visual shadow on the moon) - complete earth's star map - correct position - new sky render - new fog render - new cloud render - Online compatibility (daytime for the first release) (the goal is also online day/night cycles) All credits goes to Ilja, who has build an absolute gamechanger with this!!!

SOL It will use nearly all features of the new weatherFX. The first release of Sol will include the 7 standard weather. With the further releases i will provide dynamic weather changes and weather effects like flashes. Later i will do a little kit, so you can create your own custom weather with a few parameters. The biggest goal of Sol will be very realistic changing weather generated out of real data. Due to everything is in development and Ilja is restless , there will be big changes from version to version. But what i can definitly tell you: With the new weatherFX, AC starts its second life cycle. The difference to the present AC is huge. And i am serious, the 24h cycle is just one small feature of the whole thing - and yes it works absolutely great....

So not looking for links but curios if people would share their 3 favorite street car mods and 3 favorite race cars. I am always looking out for ones that come close to the real world version of the car. Anyone want to share their list?

You only need to send a join request and you will be in. We are planning to introduce some restrictions as other groups are doing, but I always try to solve these things talking with the people. But it's imposible to avoid this ripping, leaking, etc. The worst part is when some people use the mod to take profit with links using adverts etc... Or people who edit the mods and claim as "their work". You know...
If I put the links in YT this will be even more dificult to control. I would like to do in that way, but some people don't respect.

Regards

Hey Beto, good to hear your reply. Unfortunately as I stated above, I am anti facebook so I would not be able to join your group. I respect your decision to keep things private, so I guess I'll just have to keep finding your mods through "backdoor" ways. I'm not going to repost them in public or anything like that so you can rest easy. Anyway, I hope the outcome can be better but it is your work, and you are entitled to how you want to distribute it.

Looking forward to your next project :cheers:

So not looking for links but curios if people would share their 3 favorite street car mods and 3 favorite race cars. I am always looking out for ones that come close to the real world version of the car. Anyone want to share their list?
Top 3 race cars:
1. BMW E36 V8 JUDD ( free on RD and a hillclimb car)
2. Ferrari FXX (dont think to close to RL but free. Apexxer shared an updated version not to long ago)
3. No particular but the GT500 mod from chivas is awesome and free aswell

top 3 road cars: I dont really care for accurate cars because I just throw them around on a hillclimb. But since you like realism;
1. Acura NSX classic from Siim Annuk (free on RD and very realistic imo)
2. Ferrari F50 and Enzo from asettoracer are nice. Stolen but i like the physics. aspecially from the f50. (free as well)
3 .Mclaren 720S (free and feels quite realistic)

918 RSR (2011)
it is originally from assetto garage and had a ton of bugs. Did my best but I think the engine isnt accurate.... dont know how to fix that tho so if someone could help me out I would really appreciate it because I loooove concept cars like this.
I cannot help with the engine but I fixed the digital instrument. :)

Attachments

• digital_instruments.zip
    465 bytes · Views: 36
View attachment 784352
918 RSR (2011)
it is originally from assetto garage and had a ton of bugs. Did my best but I think the engine isnt accurate.... dont know how to fix that tho so if someone could help me out I would really appreciate it because I loooove concept cars like this.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1841g5y5m2f1qr2/918_RSR.rar
That's such a horrendous model though. Is it from a cell phone? Like an old Nokia? :D
Why not just drive the Kunos 918 Spyder? It's gorgeous.
Or the crazy 947 bhp 918 Spyder Roadster Rennkunden mod?

The only good thing about this Assetto Garage 918 is that it uses the same steering wheel as my 918 Fanatec one.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back