Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Damn power went out last night while working in Content Manager. Reset a lot of everything. Had to even put in the full version product key. Whole night spent figuring out what settings need checks and whatnot. Whoever just recently posted about this a while back, I feel and now know your pain.

If you look for the silver lining in things, now I know even better where all the settings are having to poke around each and every one again.
poke2

Last edited:
Hi Guys!

I downloaded the new Porsche (GT3) mod .... and I'm thrilled !!!!!!
But now I have a problem ....
I now start the game as normal .... everything loads as always ... I go to the vehicle selection (.... GT3 cars .. including the new Porsche GT3 ....)
Now I want to choose a new Porsche GT3 myself ..
I go to the Porsche batch..select the new GT3 ... and try to select a skin ....
but then the following happens ... a message appears:
"AssettoCorsa.exe exception"
"Breakpoint in the source program has reached a breakpoint"
I then have to acknowledge with "OK" and the game loads again from the beginning.
Now I choose the Porsche GT3 that appears there ... the race or training starts normally !!!?
So I can not choose a skin of my choice ... because then this procedure starts again.
If I start the game via the CM, I can select any skin from this great Porsche GT3.
Nevertheless, I would like to know why this error happens .... maybe someone has a problem ready and can record the solution for me ..

I have loaded the latest sol version 1.52

Combining my skin and the one from @PepperoniAC24 for Monaco 72 works like a charm (and it can be used for 66 version as well):

(yes I know, this is not the screenshot thread)
upload_2020-4-21_18-30-55.png

I think I will start re-working the 66 version and give it some authentic sponsors; at least it is not that hard since they already implemented the fake ones where I easily can recognize the real brand behind).

Uli
Hi Guys!

I now start the game as normal .... everything loads as always ... I go to the vehicle selection (.... GT3 cars .. including the new Porsche GT3 ....)
I then have to acknowledge with "OK" and the game loads again from the beginning.
Now I choose the Porsche GT3 that appears there ... the race or training starts normally !!!?
So I can not choose a skin of my choice ... because then this procedure starts again.
If I start the game via the CM, I can select any skin from this great Porsche GT3.
Nevertheless, I would like to know why this error happens .... maybe someone has a problem ready and can record the solution for me ..

Why do you even start AC with the normal launcher? Use CM and you´re fine. I never touched AC vanilla launcher since CM came to light. To answer your question I think it is related to that fact that AC only can handle a limited content while CM does not have this restriction.

This will be my last upload for a week or so as I have to redo a bit of my benchmarking, but it's probably the update I'm happiest with thus far, so here is the re-worked Alfa Romeo TZ2: https://mega.nz/file/31FFXaJZ#8AgH_R-dDLvjN_oMOvEVIF0QO2gheIyLv3Nj4nhHTFA

Changes:
- Pretty much all the shaders, driver position, exhaust position, shadows, flames, colliders, added LODs
- Physics, complete overhaul on nearly everything, engine, suspension, aero, tyres, steering, dimensions, ai, brakes, drivetrain. It now tops out correctly at just over 150mph and I'm really happy with the way it drives, tricky at the limit but very rewarding (I'm not going to lie, it's probably an absolute pig to try and drive without a wheel...)
- If you want to compare, then the neglected, absurdly fast original is on Assettoland
- Credit goes to original converter, I think smallblockhero. Then particularly BrianB for his TZ1 which formed the basis for most of my physics, albeit with quite a lot of changes.

Issues:
- For some reason I can't change the second in car camera, the one where the wheel is hidden, don't know why but if you use that view then be warned, it's in a stupid position and I don't know how to fix it.

As always, if someone wants to fix anything with the interior, then go right ahead. Also would be really appreciated if someone can do some skins for it, considering it is a racing car but only has plain colours at the moment.

93881755_10103829296742428_1914901767238189056_o.jpg

The car feels much better to drive now and the updated visuals are also highly appreciated, thank you. I found a bug when I checked the car in the showroom: there are white rectangles around the edges of the smalls screws on the hood/front.

Different topic: if all goes according to plan, skin release tonight:
Uf1OQUl.jpg

to Fall Guy:

I don't think it is because of the number of mods loaded ..
I can start all other vehicles and then select the individual skins!
So it must be somehow exactly because of this mod (Porsche GT3 ACC 2019)
I had or rather had the same problem with a URD mod (Venom).
the same thing happens with this vehicle!
... and I currently have 385 cars ....
I've already deleted two other cars ... but the error remains!

Combining my skin and the one from @PepperoniAC24 for Monaco 72 works like a charm (and it can be used for 66 version as well):

(yes I know, this is not the screenshot thread)
View attachment 913113

I think I will start re-working the 66 version and give it some authentic sponsors; at least it is not that hard since they already implemented the fake ones where I easily can recognize the real brand behind).
When i done my 72 version, i made it to use it with your billboard skin so they complete each other, i really enjoy your skin, thanks a lot for all the time you put in it.
But my skin is not fully compatible with the 1966 track, in the 1972's one there is only one main tarmac texture in the 1966 there is 3, same with the dockramp texture.
I already done a 1966 skin, i could share it (same as the 1972, i do not touch billboard, or just a few)
In the movie "Grand prix 1966" you can see in detail the billboard of 1966, already made some investigation here some picture that could be use to make texture.
0eb999d79560d422e6542f66f4bf1094.jpg b3ca5b469d213f32db3189e492813595.jpg d8fe93ff209a9618b0382877adf264ec545b1705.jpg d99c0f73fd3402ed6f9bd5dac26cbdf8.png ecusson-bsa.jpg eda9644fa8a86354005ccd4e943196c0.jpg ferodo_0_79340.jpg L-518474-1379072513-3192.jpeg.jpg MARTINI-logo.png plaque-metal-vintage-bp-zoom-solexine.jpg TNNPzVCydi_dunlop-7.jpg

Uli
Hi Guys!

hi! the car wont work without the latest custom shaders patch and content manager, if you use cm and the issue persists please contact me via discord

Skin for monaco_1966
List of changes
-change all the tarmac texture
-change all dock ramp texture
-change all vegetation (pines, palm tree etc)
-change color of the side of the main straight line (blue and white unsteed of blue, if someone can tell what are the sponsor, i could add them, just put white and blue because the sponsor are white and blue but on the old footage, really hard to recognize who they are)
-change contrast of some restaurant etc

I really like the overhaul feel of this skin and really like the work on the tyremarks

Attachments

• Screenshot_wrc_hyundai_i20_2017_FR_Col_de_Privas_29-1-120-21-29-26.jpg
    Screenshot_wrc_hyundai_i20_2017_FR_Col_de_Privas_29-1-120-21-29-26.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_wrc_hyundai_i20_2017_MonteCarlo_Shakedown_29-1-120-20-6-44.jpg
    Screenshot_wrc_hyundai_i20_2017_MonteCarlo_Shakedown_29-1-120-20-6-44.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_wrc_hyundai_i20_2017_Rally_St_Joseph_30-1-120-17-57-39.jpg
    Screenshot_wrc_hyundai_i20_2017_Rally_St_Joseph_30-1-120-17-57-39.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_grb_r5turbo_maxi_2_EdimbourgRatho_21-4-120-12-14-49.jpg
    Screenshot_grb_r5turbo_maxi_2_EdimbourgRatho_21-4-120-12-14-49.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 73
Would anyone be able to fix the grass on Rockingham?

Either a way of deleting the bright green patches or darkening it. It'd be nice to have the tracks grass done to the same level as the other btcc tracks but i'm sure that's a fair bit more work.

Screenshot_btcc_audi_rs3_rockingham_motor_speedway_21-4-120-18-35-4.jpg

Finally able to make my first RIM mod :)

However notice the white color skin mode I made is not as pearl white as it should be, any hint ? Thx in advance .

Attachments

• F50GT.jpg
    F50GT.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 45
Big thanks. This car is so much fun to drive :dopey:
Took her to Historic Kyalami for a couple test laps and ended up doing a lot more laps than I really had time for. Going very far sideways in corners and still catching...

@Real Toonces absurdly fast ? Not according to what I found:
""""" The TZ2 was only built as racing version; it was equipped with an Autodelta-prepared twin plug, dry sump lubrication 1,570 cc (1.6 L; 95.8 cu in) DOHC straight-4 engine producing around 170 bhp (127 kW) at 7000 rpm. With this engine the car reached top speed of 245 km/h (152 mph)."""""

I reached (stock) 223,6 @Kyalami.

This cars screams for some nice racing skins (and a working windscreen wiper :D)

View attachment 913098

Absurdly fast wrt the first ver.

I recently got the Imola chicane layout on RD (made by Ez Robson); the strange thing is that the start/timing line is still at the default location; anyone here willing to fix it?

Other weird thing? there's no map for that layout

Anyone able to launch through the AC launcher versus CM? My game hangs if I try the AC launcher.

Why would I want to use the AC launcher through Steam? Basically because my uncle uses the AC Launcher to configure his wheel. CM does not, for him, seem to help with his wheel configuration (G29). He could be doing something wrong or a setting could be wrong. Using all the sources on the net, both lut files and FFB files, videos and other settings, his wheel just does not behave like it should for him. I am trying to help solve his issue.

His issue? Seems like oversteering and driving technique based on description, but since he lives beyond my borders, it is hard to determine technique. I want to see if I can get the wheel set up properly. Do any of you use less than 900 degrees of rotation?

Thanks

I recently had a problem caused by probably a Win10 bug. CM couldn't access some files. Running CM as administrator was a temporary fix and helped me isolate the cause. Maybe try running it as administrator?

Welp, didnt work. Still fails. The message it gives me is "tool compact.exe failed to run, more information in CM logs." - it seems to run for a bit and then gets to one point and dies. I think one of the cars or files somewhere might be causing it. But I need to see the logs and dont know where those are kept?

Good suggestion thou man.

Anyone able to launch through the AC launcher versus CM? My game hangs if I try the AC launcher.

Why would I want to use the AC launcher through Steam? Basically because my uncle uses the AC Launcher to configure his wheel. CM does not, for him, seem to help with his wheel configuration (G29). He could be doing something wrong or a setting could be wrong. Using all the sources on the net, both lut files and FFB files, videos and other settings, his wheel just does not behave like it should for him. I am trying to help solve his issue.

His issue? Seems like oversteering and driving technique based on description, but since he lives beyond my borders, it is hard to determine technique. I want to see if I can get the wheel set up properly. Do any of you use less than 900 degrees of rotation?

Thanks

I use the G29 through CM and its totally configurable... so not entirely sure whats up on his end....

EDIT: Just realized its the G920 I use... so nvm yeah it might not be fully compatible although thats rather weird as it totally should be. Maybe try contacting the developer of CM directly and see what options you have?

Last edited:
Uli
Hi Guys!

Its hard telling what you are doin.
You just go to content/cars, select car on left, pick skin then click drive taking you to the launch screen. Then 'GO'. Or the drive at bottom, (quick launch).
You're doing this and getting errors?

gvlb.png

I use the G29 through CM and its totally configurable... so not entirely sure whats up on his end....

EDIT: Just realized its the G920 I use... so nvm yeah it might not be fully compatible although thats rather weird as it totally should be. Maybe try contacting the developer of CM directly and see what options you have?

Funny. My nephew and brother who have the same wheel (G29) have no issues. Not sure how to help. My nephew plans to provide pics of all his settings to see if this will help.

Otherwise:
Those who use CM, can you launch AC through Steam? Some in the community note changes in physics when using CM versus AC Launcher.

Its hard telling what you are doin.
You just go to content/cars, select car on left, pick skin then click drive taking you to the launch screen. Then 'GO'. Or the drive at bottom, (quick launch).
You're doing this and getting errors?

gvlb.png
Thanks for the explanation everything had reinstalled (the Porsche Mod) .... then everything worked but only when I started via CM.

But always had an error message at the end of the race. The whole computer is then frozen.

During the race it often jerked at certain points ... when the new Porsche was there ...

Now I have deleted this mod (Porsche GT3 ACC 2019) again ...

Strangely everything works again ... no crashes ... no stutters ...
somehow my computer does not tolerate this mod .... too bad !!!
Maybe the mod will be modified ... I hope so

Skin for monaco_1966
List of changes
-change all the tarmac texture
-change all dock ramp texture
-change all vegetation (pines, palm tree etc)
-change color of the side of the main straight line (blue and white unsteed of blue, if someone can tell what are the sponsor, i could add them, just put white and blue because the sponsor are white and blue but on the old footage, really hard to recognize who they are)
-change contrast of some restaurant etc

I really like the overhaul feel of this skin and really like the work on the tyremarks

Cadeaux:

Videos for yours skins 1966 and 1972

Uli
Thanks for the explanation everything had reinstalled (the Porsche Mod) .... then everything worked but only when I started via CM.

But always had an error message at the end of the race. The whole computer is then frozen.

During the race it often jerked at certain points ... when the new Porsche was there ...

Now I have deleted this mod (Porsche GT3 ACC 2019) again ...

Strangely everything works again ... no crashes ... no stutters ...
somehow my computer does not tolerate this mod .... too bad !!!
Maybe the mod will be modified ... I hope so

If you're talking about the 911 recently released, its recommended you run the latest (1.52) shader. Maybe that was causing your issues if you weren't using the latest. :cheers: It runs fine here.

If you're talking about the 911 recently released, its recommended you run the latest (1.52) shader. Maybe that was causing your issues if you weren't using the latest. :cheers: It runs fine here.
no no ... I have everything up to date .... CM ... CSP ...
maybe my system is not good ....

but actually my system works with all other mods
I can drive with the maximum number of cars on all tracks ... I always have an average of 90+ fps
in LeMans I can drive with 50 vehicles and a good 70 FPS at a high setting

Speaking of the'19 Porsche911 released, if your spine feels it's ready to crumble:
very short vid, watch it behave and don't cheat looking under the video. Seems CM reset track skins with update:D

Default setup

Spring rates are mid, fast rebound on dampers is on the higher side but that front travel range = this is why its a spring board.
50o6.png

Last edited:
Speaking of the 2019 911 released, if your spine feels it's ready to crumble:
very short vid, watch it behave and don't cheat looking under the video. Seems CM defaulted track skins with update:D

Default setup

Spring rates are mid, fast damp/rebound is on the higher side but that front travel range = this is why its a spring board.
50o6.png

Overall I love the car (Porsche's are my favourite overall) but I noticed it felt quite "jumpy"

I suck at setups though :lol: I'll try using a larger travel range and see how it feels

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back