Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,712 comments
Uli
no no ... I have everything up to date .... CM ... CSP ...
maybe my system is not good ....

but actually my system works with all other mods
I can drive with the maximum number of cars on all tracks ... I always have an average of 90+ fps
in LeMans I can drive with 50 vehicles and a good 70 FPS at a high setting
What the hell monster PC are you running man? I'd quite like to know because my current setup usually drops below 50 when I have 40 cars at LM on a medium setting

Once we talking about FPS and optimization: is there any guide or setups for fine-tuning the Content Manager, SOL and CSP for driving with AI and mod cars? Sometimes it becomes very difficult for a PC (framedrops, freezes etc), although it keeps 60 fps almost at maximum settings.
Sorry if this question may be off-topic.

Overall I love the car (Porsche's are my favourite overall) but I noticed it felt quite "jumpy"

I suck at setups though :lol: I'll try using a larger travel range and see how it feels

Softening up fast rebound (the rate at which the shock returns 'home') dampers and spring rate would settle this car.And more than 30mm of front shock travel.
ehh - nm, just remembered this isn't a 1.0 and the phsyics aren't done, or "not happy" with it.

Once we talking about FPS and optimization: is there any guide or setups for fine-tuning the Content Manager, SOL and CSP for driving with AI and mod cars? Sometimes it becomes very difficult for a PC (framedrops, freezes etc), although it keeps 60 fps almost at maximum settings.
Sorry if this question may be off-topic.

Theres a ton of car mods that don't have a number of lod's, putting a large burden on your rig, more so with a large grid of them.
translation = theres a lot of trash mods out there, chose wisely :D

Last edited:
Update from VRC: They have laid out the track surface. We should have a drivable WSIR by the beginning of June.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 42
I share skin that I finished for autopolis_oita. I am open to comments. The download link for the track is in the readme file. I hope you like it.https://mega.nz/file/npI0TawL#nYWSOXATgveAbO3kZ3pP8LbAkhzodGhTm_jGfnzKOwA

It changed in contrast, color balance and brightness on the surface of the track, trees, buildings, bridges and others.

I always liked this track a lot, but I think the colors were not suitable.
I'm still not entirely happy with the sand trap, but I haven't managed to give it the effect I want.

Attachments

• 20200420154424_1.jpg
    20200420154424_1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200420154519_1.jpg
    20200420154519_1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200420154539_1.jpg
    20200420154539_1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Theres a ton of car mods that don't have a number of lod's, putting a large burden on your rig, more so with a large grid of them.
translation = theres a lot of trash mods out there, chose wisely :D

Yep, I already noticed that "some" (= most) cars and tracks are simply not optimized (the lack of levels of lords you mentioned, a huge bunch of polygons, 2/4/8K textures etc.).
It is almost always beautiful and very impressive as the comlete work, but it is not user friendly.
And, apparently, that’s why for the MP either original Kunos cars/tracks are used, or mod cars and tracks that have been tested over the years.
I myself express the obvious thoughts. %)
Anyway, thanks for the answer!

Last edited:
I share skin that I finished for autopolis_oita. I am open to comments. The download link for the track is in the readme file. I hope you like it.https://mega.nz/file/npI0TawL#nYWSOXATgveAbO3kZ3pP8LbAkhzodGhTm_jGfnzKOwA

It changed in contrast, color balance and brightness on the surface of the track, trees, buildings, bridges and others.

I always liked this track a lot, but I think the colors were not suitable.
I'm still not entirely happy with the sand trap, but I haven't managed to give it the effect I want.
So much better thank you! It's very nice to drive now, it just needs the trees sorting out - they flicker due to duplicates on top of each other. Who made the track originally? I could fix it.

So much better thank you! It's very nice to drive now, it just needs the trees sorting out - they flicker due to duplicates on top of each other. Who made the track originally? I could fix it.
The only name I find is Omukun.
I would say have at it. Making things better is more gooder.

Yes, I also noticed the problem of flickering trees. Unfortunately I don't know how it could be fixed. I do not know who is the author of the track. I wonder if that will be a problem of overlapping trees or shadows?

Yes, I also noticed the problem of flickering trees. Unfortunately I don't know how it could be fixed. I do not know who is the author of the track. I wonder if that will be a problem of overlapping trees or shadows?
I should be able to come up with a config that will fix that without touching the original files, also I'll add grass_fx at the same time. Bare with me :cheers:

I would just remove all of the trees along the track since the real track does not have any of those annoying trees.

AutopolisCircuit_aerial.jpg

iks
I would just remove all of the trees along the track since the real track does not have any of those annoying trees.

AutopolisCircuit_aerial.jpg
That would certainly be a lot simpler! Maybe the trees are hiding something? Bad layout or missing objects? I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I can do.

Hmm I just tested my copy and it extracted Monaco '66 no problem. Do you want my version of the converter sending over in case it comes handy for future projects?

Not so much that it didn't work but that it outputs ASCII format and Blender can't understand that. For tracks anyway 3DSimEd does an error free export to FBX.

Would anyone be able to fix the grass on Rockingham?

Either a way of deleting the bright green patches or darkening it. It'd be nice to have the tracks grass done to the same level as the other btcc tracks but i'm sure that's a fair bit more work.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed how terrible the 3Dgrass was as it is drowned out by the grass from CSP(why aren't you using it?).
I gave it extreme material settings hopping it would show up with CSP's grass but it didn't work, so I'll delete it in the next update.

Thank you! Your version of Willow Springs is fantastic! The atmosphere and all the elevations are great. I love how light it is about the fps.
This track was one of my favorites in Pcars, and it was really missing in Assetto Corsa. The addition of the Mascot's balloons made it just perfect!
I'm sorry, I know that this isn't the screenshot forum, but I couldn't resist to show how beautiful this track can be.
Thank you! :cheers:

Glensheil by Grant Hendry updated:

https://mega.nz/#!FHQhSYyC!Ko2qhsVYLfCFG5DDasuLVb-CChVZzWpII5q1fAudru0
Version 0.1.5
Up to 530 miles of free roam driving including off road.
2 gravel hillclimbs
2 AI lines suitable for Trackday mode
4 Race tracks
1 mixed surface track
2 grass tracks
Multiple touge style mountain roads
Track map works
Known stuff, some buildngs are floating and some trees and rocks are on the road. I removed most of them but still some remain. None of them have collision physics yet but will once the road is clearThe vertex normals for the trees need adjusted. Water needs fixed and most impostantly i know i need signs, signs and more signs. Now the track is more or less finalised in layout i can start making buildings and signs and other Scottish stuff
Check my previous post on how to set up your ini to get the best smoothness from the track
Thanks
Me
A fully paid up member the Finnish United Creative Kollective

The scenery is simply beyond words. Really really appreciate the work! My only concern is indeed the track smoothness. I didn't find the ROAD surface inside data/surfaces.ini. Exactly how can I set it up?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back