Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,539 comments
Before my reinstall I had a toggle for hi/low beams mapped to my steering wheel. Now all I can find key assignments for is "Headlights" and "Flash Headlights". Am I missing something?

As I already had a previous version installed I followed the directions on your page and just copied in the new files(careful to zip up my old ones first). Worked great when I loaded the game but I couldn't see the second row. Jumped out of the game and reread your page and saw I forgot to enable it, so did that and now every time I go into the game sidekick is missing and doesn't even show as a selectable app. Jumped out a few times ensuring it's enabled everywhere and even disable and re-enabled it. No luck. Even copies the new files in again. Clicked on reset in CM for the sidekicks settings. The new sidekick just won't show. Reverted files back to previous version and all good to go again. Not sure what happened, but the only thing I didn't try was a fresh install as didn't want to loose my settings, laptimes etc.

Not sure if you've run into this already or not, but would love to try the new version if I can keep my previous info as well as the new additions look really great.

Complete failure to start suggests the app is crashing, but I'm not seeing any other reports of that. Could be specific combination of settings that I've missed in testing.
If you don't mind trying it again, and grabbing the py_log.txt file from C:\Users\<yourusername>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\ from after it fails to work, I can have a look and if there are any clues as to what the problem is.

Release Nissan Skyline R30 Super Silhouette V1.2 , fixed some stuff;pivot for steering,added shift light etc.. changes in changelog.txt,have some fun
upload_2020-4-29_11-43-22.png

https://mega.nz/file/0FolHYgD#oizlIhiD0yGuW0Gq8HcjKrkYooUFibJ8Xs2Yqg6wgyk

If it wasn't for CSP and all the mods out there, I doubt anyone would care for AC today lol

I would. I was thinking this the other day regards a thread on RD about steam game time.
I spend 90% of my precious game time on AC, a great deal of that time isn't even driving /racing.
But, the underlying fact is, that if AC felt wrong, or didn't have the FFB I feel it has, which i like, I wouldn't bother with it.

Basically if AC felt like PCars2 I wouldn't care about all the extras on offer, or spend 3 hours working out how to make new track cameras!
Or spend hours trying to get mod cars to feel right (to me).....
Or spend time taking pictures.

At the core it has for me the best feeling FFB and just works so well, the rest of it is fantastic, but without the first bit I never play it.

So everyone of my 1200 odd hours, even on the loading screens looking at my screen shots..is worth it..

There is a transparent fog (shown below) at sonoma (0.9 & fps_fix_40pits_VAO).
It is the "heavily optimized" version by P1ButtPlug.

This transparent fog occurs only at one section of the track just where the esses start (as shown below), and can be seen from the ground up to the height of the bumper bar.
Can this brilliant track be fixed by any chance??
Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Yep,this one is 2.1 some more fixes that was missing from the 2.0 version like steering wheel rotation point .
I think the confusion is that yours has v1.2, not v2.1 in the UI (and in your post).
What didn't help is that the v2.0 posted yesterday had no revision number. This always causes confusion and is such a quick thing to edit.

@Jaba12 , your update is nice but has borked the shifting animation (which wasn't perfect before, but much better that the one you put in)

I think the confusion is that yours has v1.2, not v2.1 in the UI (and in your post).
What didn't help is that the v2.0 posted yesterday had no revision number. This always causes confusion and is such a quick thing to edit.

@Jaba12 , your update is nice but has borked the shifting animation (which wasn't perfect before, but much better that the one you put in)
Ooops,my goof with the version number, shift anim is under work, gonna check that one as soon as i'm back home.

Ooops,my goof with the version number, shift anim is under work, gonna check that one as soon as i'm back home.

I've updated the version number to v2.1 and corrected the shifting animation. If you are working on a better shift animation then please update it again (mine is close, but not perfect).
This is a great car now - looks and sounds really nice and feels great to drive.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xlzo2kzlinvj314/nissan_skyline_super_silhouette.7z/file
(link available for 14 days, so in fifteen days expect first posts from brand new members along the lines of "yo bros, link dead need this car upload again now"

Does anyone know how to achieve realistic sparking effects with particlesfx in CM?

Ideally I want to have occasional sparking but only at medium/high speeds.

I've updated the version number to v2.1 and corrected the shifting animation. If you are working on a better shift animation then please update it again (mine is close, but not perfect).
This is a great car now - looks and sounds really nice and feels great to drive.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/xlzo2kzlinvj314/nissan_skyline_super_silhouette.7z/file
(link available for 14 days, so in fifteen days expect first posts from brand new members along the lines of "yo bros, link dead need this car upload again now"
Thanks Masscot, some point i'll revise that anim ;this one is such a classic it deserves all the love :-)

POST UPDATED! :banghead: UPDATE 2

Here are all my aforementioned changes to The Rollovers' DPi's. If this is inappropriate then let me know.
  • Changed UI to match real-life brands, names and some statistics.
  • All physics are swapped and adjusted with the GTPlanet's DPi's.
  • All cars have re-configured LED shift lighting to match with new engines.
  • Glowing brakes applied to the Nissan and Mazda (The Caddy and the Acura have no such function integrated originally).

Original post updated (again...). Acura's physics now properly swapped (I did a whoopsie), as well as several minor tweaks.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back