Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,541 comments
I have no idea but i bet it won't be cheap. I'm just gonna put my pc and monitor in the garden and sit in the rain - can't get more realistic than that :D

This reminds me of a time I was playing battlefield. The wife came down not very happy I was sat there totally engrossed in the game with the smoke alarm going off and the drier in kitchen bellowing smoke out. She screamed did you not hear it or notice all the smoke I replied I thought it was the game

sorry bit off topic

In those photographs and videos that I saw about the races, offset, and off-season of the year 1938 - took part in W154 with a wide grille. I could not find evidence of his participation in the races of the 1938 season.
The new version of the car was ready in the winter (this is indicated in the material to which you gave the link), and although it formally turns out that this is a 1938 car, it has nothing to do with the 1938 Grand Prix season. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would like confirmation of this. This car participated in the 1939 season and looks more like a W165. Sorry if I miss some information due to poor knowledge of the language.
https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/heritage/silver-arrows/mercedes-benz-w-165-1939/

In those photographs and videos that I saw about the races, offset, and off-season of the year 1938 - took part in W154 with a wide grille. I could not find evidence of his participation in the races of the 1938 season.
The new version of the car was ready in the winter (this is indicated in the material to which you gave the link), and although it formally turns out that this is a 1938 car, it has nothing to do with the 1938 Grand Prix season. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would like confirmation of this. This car participated in the 1939 season and looks more like a W165. Sorry if I miss some information due to poor knowledge of the language.
https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/heritage/silver-arrows/mercedes-benz-w-165-1939/
mmmm i will see...

I have a car with a small windshield that is not visible in the showroom or previews but it is there. Basically it just doesn't reflect light. I tried to copy materials from another car, etc. with no luck yet. Anyone have a quick guide on how to fix this?

Virtual Desktop

Ah, OK, thanks. I do already have that, but I haven't really needed it prior to this point as the default AC launcher shows up automatically using the "Big Screen Theater" mode or whatever Steam calls that, and that works well.

I'm thinking maybe I'll try renaming the default launcher and then moving the Content Manager launcher into the main AC directory and renaming it as the default launcher (i.e. do the trick that is used for games like FO4 with the Configurator - which is a substitute launcher for Bethesda titles). That might trick STEAM into launching Content Manager. Maybe. Anyone tried this?

My game crashes when I change the cameras with f3. I also only have the one interior camera.

Camera files go into the tracks data folder don't they?

Nope.
OK this track is a weird one file structure wise...here goes. Fingers crossed i'll make sence.

So go into folder, click into 'dry track' file.
in THAT data folder within, place the cameras.

Do the same with the 'wet track' folder..etc

If yours is the same one from RD, then there is also the main track folder that is a bit all over the place...
go into the 'data' folder which will have the 'dry' and wet' folder under it and copy and paste the camera's in there..

You now should have the cameras on 'dry' 'wet' and the random track that is neither wet nor dry...but is actually just the dry track!

Only just found out the tyroen chap made Angle-sea and the big willow and cathedral tracks!

Dude any chance you could open up the coned off parts of Kirkstown?

Also whilst i am being bold....anyone fancy doing a grass fx config for kirkstown?
It has a really wonderful chicane which is a lot of fun.. a very random little track which is very well made...and i can see why now i know who made it..

I renamed camera_1.ini to camera.ini which gave me 1 additional one, but sometimes very high above track, sometimes black, sometimes like it is supposed to be. Something doesn't seem to be right.

Right ok you need the camera.ini for the rest to work.....i'll re post and follow the instructions above...

Also fixed the black issue already...

Sorry really bad triple posting. Forgive me.

extra camera for big willow. rename file to 'ini' instead of 'txt'

Worth pointing out also that if you have say 2 cameras for a track so lets same the big willow track.
You should have camera.ini
camera_1.ini
camera_2.ini

etc.
I have 12 cameras for big willow now so mine says 'camera_13.ini'

Please make sure YOUR folder has cameras all going up in numbers '1 2 3 4 5 6..........' etc etc...

cheers.

Attachments

• cameras_13.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 26
I cannot wait for this to happen. The weather was pretty rainy during the first day of the 1970's 24 hours of Le Mans race and this would look great combined with the vintage Le Mans track and the Porsche 917LH.
It would be perfect a proper le mans 1970 track with real sponsor and billboards like the 1970 24 hours race. and also the 917s opponent: the ferrari 512 coda lunga.

It would be perfect a proper le mans 1970 track with real sponsor and billboards like the 1970 24 hours race. and also the 917s opponent: the ferrari 512 coda lunga.

I love the 512S Coda Lunga, alongside with the 330 P4 (closed cockpit version) they are definitely my favorite Ferrari racecars. If a decent quality Coda Lunga pops up in the AC modding scene, I will be there to give it some 8K skin treatment.

View attachment 915404 View attachment 915404 Good evening, does anyone know where you can find this Mod? Alfa Romeo 155 GTA by MSC
Anyone who has it and wants to share it? Thanks
maxresdefault.jpg

I love the 512S Coda Lunga, alongside with the 330 P4 (closed cockpit version) they are definitely my favorite Ferrari racecars. If a decent quality Coda Lunga pops up in the AC modding scene, I will be there to give it some 8K skin treatment.
there is a 512 coda lunga converted for assetto corsa but is totally garbage, the 3d model is a punch in the balls.

You are the one who worked on New Hampshire, right? I would kill for the road course there, and when I looked at your track in 3dsimed it looks like you've got the road course pretty much modeled in there. Any chance you could make a variant of that track with the road course layout?

It is done, but I wonder who would you kill? lol Get it here in our FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940405266010495

or here :P

https://mega.nz/file/eLBGDAjT#bm89nMW6DT2-VyriPN1ujDq2SotL7d059CFyFA3vtr8

wtKWqp9.jpg

WSNSYd0.jpg

Last edited:
Right ok you need the camera.ini for the rest to work.....i'll re post and follow the instructions above...

Also fixed the black issue already...

OK, following @norms tip, I renamed cameras.ini to camera_1.ini (like it was initially and renamed camera_6 to camera.ini
That did the trick.
Btw: I deleted that lonesome data folder and placed the cameras in the data folders from _dry and _wet.

Now going to try your new download and see what that does ;)

Edit: first 18 seconds from camera 7 (TV camera 1) are rather strange, then it goes to normal:

kirk1.png

kirk2.png

Last edited:
2) I installed the Custom Shaders Patch and it works, but it's quite a bit too bright/washed out for my HMD. It's got about a billion options but I'm trying to find where within the Custom Shaders Patch options I might find a Gamma and Saturation control? (I already have the default AC post-processing set to "Default_Dark" with 120% saturation. That looked fine, so it's definitely the Custom Shaders Patch blowing things out).

In CSP: settings / lightingfx /, lower the brightness from 300% to 100%.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back