Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,542 comments
Porsche 992 Carrera S: I'm trying these gear ratios listed below. I think they could still be shortened and tweaked to match the real ratios and get better performance out of the car, and someone with more experience could likely do a better job than I.

These settings are in the drivetrain.ini file. You'll have to unpack the data.acd file to get to it.

[GEARS]
COUNT=8 ; forward gears number
GEAR_R=-3.55 ; rear gear ratio
; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=3.977
GEAR_2=2.857
GEAR_3=2.257
GEAR_4=1.730
GEAR_5=1.225
GEAR_6=1.000
GEAR_7=0.820
GEAR_8=0.620

FINAL=3.925 ; final gear ratio

[GEARS -ORIGINAL
COUNT=8 ; forward gears number
GEAR_R=-3.55 ; rear gear ratio
; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=4.89
GEAR_2=3.17
GEAR_3=2.15
GEAR_4=1.56
GEAR_5=1.18
GEAR_6=0.94
GEAR_7=0.76
GEAR_8=0.61
FINAL=3.12 ; final gear ratio ]

Apparently both 7th and 8th are "overdrive" gears but the original mod's ratios for 1-6 are sluggish, and the settings I'm trying still make the car feel "heavy" in the drive train.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1119091-992-gear-ratios-are-shorter-than-in-the-991-a.html

Original gears are real life gears and absolutly correct. gear 7 and 8 are "overdrive" gears for fuel saving. The car reaches max speed in 6th gear with 308 km/h. Like this it is intended from Porsche AG.
A little more drag for this mod would be nice, because I can go 314 km/h top speed at 6th gear, which is to fast.:)

Does anyone know if there's a finished version of Ascari Race Resort for AC? I remember there was a very good version for rF1, and if I remember correctly somebody started working on this track for AC some years ago. Haven't found anything.

POST UPDATED! :banghead:

Here are all my aforementioned changes to The Rollovers' DPi's. If this is inappropriate then let me know.
  • Changed UI to match real-life brands, names and some statistics.
  • All physics are swapped and adjusted with the GTPlanet's DPi's.
  • All cars have re-configured LED shift lighting to match with new engines.
  • Glowing brakes applied to the Nissan and Mazda (The Caddy and the Acura have no such function integrated originally).

Is it a general consensus that the GTP physics of these DPI cars are preferred over the Rollovers variants, but the Rollover 3D models are preferred over the GTP variants? Just wondering why the mix mash...thanks.

Does anyone know if there's a finished version of Ascari Race Resort for AC? I remember there was a very good version for rF1, and if I remember correctly somebody started working on this track for AC some years ago. Haven't found anything.
I know of one really bad version (that I did not even keep). Atm no other available for AC I'm afraid.

Hello Guys,
Algarve at Portimao has been of my interest because of the many Chris Harris videos on youtube, so I used to drive the old version alot. Right away 2 sections came to mind as being very different and watching the video a couple more times, well, you guys are the experts so maybe take one more look to see if everything is ok. Corner 6 seems too steep or deep (if you watch the video, it doesn't seem to have that steep angle. The 2nd thing I noticed is that between corners 13 and 14 it seems to have too much space compared to the video.
Well, as I said, I'm new, just trying to help with a track I like.
Cheers

Here's a part of my growing collection of historic driver skins.
I copied my content/texture folders, as individual skin.ini skin configs for each car & skin are not viable. It's meant to be something like a "resources bag".
To archive the suit without lines (as seen in the picture below) I've edited my historic driver models materials (UseDetail:0) on both gloves and suits for driver_pudding, driver_60, driver_70, etc. This has no consequences as is easily reversed by turning the value to "1", if for whatever reason you prefer the sparco lines.

File contains mostly gloves (20 variations) and suits (25 variations). I'm not a helmets guy (I've only includded the pudding variations and Siffert's helmet), and thankfully most historic cars come with a helmet included.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h4sox1k3l1yv20y/%281930-early_1970%29_Historic_Textures.rar/file

I'm now starting the 70's, with the inclusion of more elaborated suits and sponsors. I hope to release the full decade once finished, then continue with the 80's, and so on.

EDIT: I'm sorry for not including previews! But you can drag the files into any skin and try them on CM Showroom.

ZFMnIok.jpg

Excellent, what I needed.

So I've successfully installed Content Manager and donated to get a key for the full version. Nice to be able to install Mods using it rather than the manual way (shows you how long it's been since I installed an AC mod). A couple questions:

1) For anyone using VR, how do you get Content Manager to show up in your VR headset like the default AC launcher does via. Steam? The way it stands now I'll have to remove my HMD every time I end a race and want to start a new one, so not ideal.

2) I installed the Custom Shaders Patch and it works, but it's quite a bit too bright/washed out for my HMD. It's got about a billion options but I'm trying to find where within the Custom Shaders Patch options I might find a Gamma and Saturation control? (I already have the default AC post-processing set to "Default_Dark" with 120% saturation. That looked fine, so it's definitely the Custom Shaders Patch blowing things out).

Everything seems to be in order in the folder of the track, but does not want to work in Asseto. This folder was built for the eastern game of Asseto Corsa. Could this be forbidden to us? Write, I will delete.
https://sharemods.com/0pf0fsrc71rt/acjp_fujispeedway.rar.html

It will not work because track is not complete. For example models ini file request acjp_fujispeedway.kn5 or FSW2019_GRID.kn5 that are not in the track folder.

Nope should be about 5 or 6 replay cams.
Maybe something went wrong via the transfer to mega link as works for me.
Can anyone else try them?
My game crashes when I change the cameras with f3. I also only have the one interior camera.

Camera files go into the tracks data folder don't they?

I renamed camera_1.ini to camera.ini which gave me 1 additional one, but sometimes very high above track, sometimes black, sometimes like it is supposed to be. Something doesn't seem to be right.

Thanks!
Like I said before, I'm also doing ad_crew files for each car.
They are kinda generic, but I'm using the correct sponsors and creating some kind of design whenever necessary.
Here's a new preview:

knIAw6J.jpg
I can not find the .kn5 files of these 3D models in the AC folders anywhere. Can anyone tell me their name and the place where they lie?

My game crashes when I change the cameras with f3. I also only have the one interior camera.

Camera files go into the tracks data folder don't they?

I renamed camera_1.ini to camera.ini which gave me 1 additional one, but sometimes very high above track, sometimes black, sometimes like it is supposed to be. Something doesn't seem to be right.

Remember there is 3 layouts on this track and none of them have cams by default. I'm pretty sure you always have to start with cameras.ini then subsequent ones need to named cameras_1.ini and so on. If you rename cameras_6.ini to cameras.ini, they all work fine, but you have to put them in all 3 layouts if you want them available to all.

No worries - i'm glad you got your VR sorted!

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/willow-springs-big-willow.32338/

the link to 1.0 works now!

View attachment 914211

Just wanted to follow up here, while it may not be "to scale" to WSIR, as a fictional track, it is still quite fun to drive. Thanks again for doing it!

Also, for cathedral rock, some of the curbing specifically the curbing coming onto the front straight from the last corner does not act like curbing. i touched it expecting it to raise the car on the curb, instead it acted like grass and sent me sideways haha. Not a huge deal, but, figured I'd let you know of that little bug. LOVE LOVE LOVE the elevation changes on the course :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back