Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,541 comments
It is done, but I wonder who would you kill? lol Get it here in our FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940405266010495

or here :P

https://mega.nz/file/nDhFUKaA#FtXwmSlAy9D5ZBuJXCG1EsRAEy0UDhd7tMcw_6y8oxo

wtKWqp9.jpg

WSNSYd0.jpg

:bowdown: I'll kill whoever you ask me to. I've been waiting years for this moment!

OK, following @norms tip, I renamed cameras.ini to camera_1.ini (like it was initially and renamed camera_6 to camera.ini
That did the trick.
Btw: I deleted that lonesome data folder and placed the cameras in the data folders from _dry and _wet.

Now going to try your new download and see what that does ;)

Edit: first 18 seconds from camera 7 (TV camera 1) are rather strange, then it goes to normal:

kirk1.png

kirk2.png

Yeah sorry that was the one to avoid, was just a marker one and didn't want to delete it.
Thinking about it now i could delete it and rename the rest...
My cameras are 'normal' with a number after them..

Here it is ladies & gents.....I suggest toying with it to get the most out of it.

If you've got the old version, delete it first. ...

Please download the new version from today. I didn't do any QC on that model and it turned out there were quite a few niggles I should have caught, sorry about that.
Please check it out iRoush and update your links as well.

And if I've doubled down on my lack of QC let me know.

Are you referring to this one?
maxresdefault.jpg

If yes, this definitely counts as a crime against motorsport. I guess the 3D model is from the rFactor 1 WSC 1970 mod, the wheels are from a Porsche 917K, so to summarize it is just a pain to look at. :(
yes, i am referring to this one, if you look at the front wheels you can see the rims stretched.

Please download the new version from today. I didn't do any QC on that model and it turned out there were quite a few niggles I should have caught, sorry about that.
Please check it out iRoush and update your links as well.

And if I've doubled down on my lack of QC let me know.

Thanks Zero! i'll take a look a little bit later :)

Couple underlining things said here with this video. There are incredibly talented and clever people participating in the AC mod scene, and Assetto Corsa is the best all around car sim/racer/collector/whatever in the world.

Gran Turismo was a breakthrough and why a lot of us are even here. I think what Kunos Simulazioni gave us with AC could be considered a similar breakthrough.

I think this guy is onto something here.
95411501_1417276175141769_4268420524050219008_o.jpg

95138150_1417275585141828_7056651268990697472_o.jpg

95142441_1417275608475159_8776797035522162688_o.jpg

I was kind of thinking about taking the direction myself that if we can't have accurate karts per se, doesn't mean we can't have fun karts to drive none the less. I was still working on the original karts though with completely rethought physics. Lose some of the kart aspect and introduce more weight transfer so that the wheel has more feel in it. Make the slides predictable and easy to catch. I don't want to say Mario Kart but at least introduce an aspect where driving them produces smiles and not disappointment.

I was kind of thinking about taking the direction myself that if we can't have accurate karts per se, doesn't mean we can't have fun karts to drive none the less. I was still working on the original karts though with completely rethought physics. Lose some of the kart aspect and introduce more weight transfer so that the wheel has more feel in it. Make the slides predictable and easy to catch. I don't want to say Mario Kart but at least introduce an aspect where driving them produces smiles and not disappointment.
Aha, these are a stroke of genius. These should be standard issue at amusement go kart concessions everywhere.

Is it a general consensus that the GTP physics of these DPI cars are preferred over the Rollovers variants, but the Rollover 3D models are preferred over the GTP variants? Just wondering why the mix mash...thanks.

Performance-wise the GTP versions are alreay more accurate:/ feel more polished:
  • The cars aren't slower than a LMP2
  • Each cars feels different and reasonable
But the Rollovers' models are noticeably better as well:
  • Correct rims/ brake lights/ cockpit/ several small details for the Caddy
  • An overall better Mazda with LODs (but needs fix w/ the wrong tire tread textures using @gladbecker 's Sebring skins)
  • An accurate Acura models
  • The first-ever proper Nissan model

Couple underlining things said here with this video. There are incredibly talented and clever people participating in the AC mod scene, and Assetto Corsa is the best all around car sim/racer/collector/whatever in the world.

Gran Turismo was a breakthrough and why a lot of us are even here. I think what Kunos Simulazioni gave us with AC could be considered a similar breakthrough.
So many talented people in the AC modding scene. It's a joy to be a part of it.

Warning to friends who created Monaco_72, finally after many tests, I managed to find the error, in which the cars hit the guardrails, and the chicane after the tunnel. First step: from the Mod F1 1971, I created the 1972 F1 mod for testing, it is practically the same cars, in a few days I intend to make the skins of Marlboro-BRM, Yardley-McLaren and some other modifications that I can get. Second: testing like this, they continued to beat. Third: I tested with Mod F1 1975 by Bazza, without problems. Fourth: I copied all the DATA files, from a standard car, Lotus 72D (original), to each car of the Mod. Fifth: starting from the errors in the loading, I was correcting what the problem was. In the end everything went well, I went to the track, no car crashed. Pole Postion, Jackie Stewart 1m23.XXX, Pole at the Monaco GP in 1972 Emerson Fittipaldi 1m21.4. Difference for the twentieth time in the test, plus or minus 2 seconds. Conclusion, seeing the files that I modified, the files that give problems, are the ones related to the car setup, brakes, suspension, etc. For they cause the car, either to not turn the curves, or to jump a lot. I intend to do the same procedure in Mod F1 1976, which has the same problem in Monaco_76_85. That was it for now.

Warning to friends who created Monaco_72, finally after many tests, I managed to find the error, in which the cars hit the guardrails, and the chicane after the tunnel. First step: from the Mod F1 1971, I created the 1972 F1 mod for testing, it is practically the same cars, in a few days I intend to make the skins of Marlboro-BRM, Yardley-McLaren and some other modifications that I can get. Second: testing like this, they continued to beat. Third: I tested with Mod F1 1975 by Bazza, without problems. Fourth: I copied all the DATA files, from a standard car, Lotus 72D (original), to each car of the Mod. Fifth: starting from the errors in the loading, I was correcting what the problem was. In the end everything went well, I went to the track, no car crashed. Pole Postion, Jackie Stewart 1m23.XXX, Pole at the Monaco GP in 1972 Emerson Fittipaldi 1m21.4. Difference for the twentieth time in the test, plus or minus 2 seconds. Conclusion, seeing the files that I modified, the files that give problems, are the ones related to the car setup, brakes, suspension, etc. For they cause the car, either to not turn the curves, or to jump a lot. I intend to do the same procedure in Mod F1 1976, which has the same problem in Monaco_76_85. That was it for now.

Mostly it's this entry in ai.ini

[LOOKAHEAD]
BASE=19.6

With exceptions of course that number should never be more the 30 (300) and values like above are more common.
It is how many waypoints the AI is looking ahead. With a value too high the AI will cut corners. With a tight chicane, like at Monaco, by the time the AI gets to the chicane it is actually looking well past it and tends to drive through it as if it wasn't there!

LOL thats amazing... is that released yet?

Given that on the UI it says 2017, i made my further adjustments based on the 600hp 6.2 V8 including some ai tweaks

View attachment 915319

And also, here's the acd file on my google drive:

Not sure that this acd file is the correct one? limited top speed compared with the GTP version. Also tried to mod the acura and that car is now super loose at corner exit, which is interesting as none of the existing models are loose like that...Thanks anyway!..;)

Performance-wise the GTP versions are alreay more accurate:/ feel more polished:
  • The cars aren't slower than a LMP2
  • Each cars feels different and reasonable
But the Rollovers' models are noticeably better as well:
  • Correct rims/ brake lights/ cockpit/ several small details for the Caddy
  • An overall better Mazda with LODs (but needs fix w/ the wrong tire tread textures using @gladbecker 's Sebring skins)
  • An accurate Acura models
  • The first-ever proper Nissan model
Thanks, Appreciate the clarifications!...;)

Hey, I've updated Sidekick with a few new features and bug fixes:

sidekicke14.jpg

https://www.nutrimatic.cc/assetto-corsa/sidekick-v1-14/

As I already had a previous version installed I followed the directions on your page and just copied in the new files(careful to zip up my old ones first). Worked great when I loaded the game but I couldn't see the second row. Jumped out of the game and reread your page and saw I forgot to enable it, so did that and now every time I go into the game sidekick is missing and doesn't even show as a selectable app. Jumped out a few times ensuring it's enabled everywhere and even disable and re-enabled it. No luck. Even copies the new files in again. Clicked on reset in CM for the sidekicks settings. The new sidekick just won't show. Reverted files back to previous version and all good to go again. Not sure what happened, but the only thing I didn't try was a fresh install as didn't want to loose my settings, laptimes etc.

Not sure if you've run into this already or not, but would love to try the new version if I can keep my previous info as well as the new additions look really great.

Hi Friends. As posted already ACF (Assetto Corsa Fanboy) has deleted all his AC-related-videos from his Youtube channel. And those videos had the links to his tracks. By accident I did realize that his Google Drive files are still available.

If you are interested just follow the link below (his version of the GT3-track "Complex String") and then hit the "shared-with-me" button. Then you should be able to DL all the tracks and car-mods in this folder. I hope it will work for those who want that great content.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_PIPW6QI7JZIG-A_-yk7qwmfhH9224jy

This car is now very nice, it has been upgrade big times since the original release! But please fix the pivot point for the steering?

Just fixing the pivot point + some other tweaks;shift light, screws here and there, fixed turbo gauge ,uploading when i get it finished.

just follow the link below (his version of the GT3-track "Complex String") and then hit the "shared-with-me" button

Appreciate the idea, but that's not quite how Google Drive works. If you've already downloaded or viewed the tracks previously, then yes, you'll see them, but you'll also see literally everything else you've ever downloaded from Google Drive, regardless who shared them, and ACF's tracks will likely be far and few between for most of us as we've downloaded lots of other things too. There will also likely be many items missing for anyone who hasn't previously viewed them. You can certainly view someone's shared folders, but you would have to have a link directly to said folder.

Appreciate the idea, but that's not quite how Google Drive works. If you've already downloaded or viewed the tracks previously, then yes, you'll see them, but you'll also see literally everything else you've ever downloaded from Google Drive, regardless who shared them, and ACF's tracks will likely be far and few between for most of us as we've downloaded lots of other things too. There will also likely be many items missing for anyone who hasn't previously viewed them. You can certainly view someone's shared folders, but you would have to have a link directly to said folder.

Thank you for the correction. I hoped it would work that way. Sorry.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back