Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,542 comments
Yesterday i discovered something "interesting" to say at least.

While i was fixing the shaders of the F1/1982 seasons cars provided by RenaultDJRTP some pages back, i've discovered that the size of the car's data.acd file was abnormaly large: over 27 MB!

So i decided to unpack the offending file, and here's what i've found:
  • 20 shortcut links that will direct to the Facebook/VK profile page of at least 10/11 people from Russia.
  • A file named "AC car mods" with more Facebook profile links.
  • "drs.ini" file containing even more Facebook profile links.
  • 10 .png files, adding 6.5 MB to the "data" folder
An "interesting" discovery indeed.

EDIT: fixed grammar.

What does it means, for a noob like me?
Just opened one 'data' folder of one car and got this. :crazy:
https://mega.nz/file/84knDToK

Does this mean, all SimDream cars I have, I should delete all of this 🤬 from all of them?

Cheers

Edit: I'm a MEGA dude too, since today. :)

Edit2: What the hell... Why MEGA ask for a key of my upload, if I chosed to obtain the link without key????

Edit3: I'm no longer a MEGA sude again, back to WeTransfer... :ouch:
https://we.tl/t-Pguiu4sgsp

Edit4: My noobism is big, was chosing the wrong option, anyway, I could swear I chosed without key, option. :odd:
https://mega.nz/file/84knDToK#LwSrPZuQ0Rr0cB9i0UukxnguvAnIFDCzWBsAvQ1lHG0

Edit5: Kidding, no more edits today. :D

Last edited:
What does it means, for a noob like me?
Just opened one 'data' folder of one car and got this. :crazy:

Does this mean, all SimDream cars I have, I should delete all of this 🤬 from all of them?

Cheers

Not the first time I've seen that bundled in a mod. Once, it wasn't even hidden in the data.acd... but I wonder what it means? Known leakers? Or something more nefarious? In any case, it's people's personal details, and I think you should probably remove the links from your comment. It all seems quite sketchy, if you ask me.

I experienced that in the Merc 190 Evo. Apparently is a bug, i saw something posted in the CSP discord app View attachment 915918

Oh lord no it is not that bad as shown in the image you posted. The lights just look like they were tinted by some cheap aftermarket parts. I can live with it since I usually don´t use the 3rd person view just saw it while watching the replay. Can someone please check if they have the same issue with the car (the Lambo Aventador SV by Kunos)?

Hi Foxeway. These files aren't opening for me. When I unpack the zip and get to the .rar files, it says there's no data in them. Would it possible for you to provide a link to individual zip files for each track update, or a single zip with all the content, but no .rar files ? Cheers.

Here is the second part of my Pit Boxes Extension Project:

Northern Europe Trackpack, including the following tracks:
- Auto24Ring by mcarno and optimized by martinsh -> pits extended from 23 to 32
- TT Circuit Assen by NightEye87 -> pits extended from 17 to 34
- Anderstorp 2007 by Rainmaker -> pits extended from 22 to 34
- Norisring 2009 by Rainmaker, Gunnar333 and SandroX -> pits extended from 21 to 30
- Daimler-Teststrecke by Edoardo Bottin and Rainmaker -> pits extended from 22 to 30
- Cadwell Park by Terra21 and Jim Lloyd -> pits extended from 18 to 28
- Top Gear Test Track -> pits extended from 10 to 24 (46 for Multiplayer)

I know I promised 8 tracks, but one track needs a little bit more fixes and it will be released separately.

I created separate layouts for all these tracks with extended pit boxes and start positions. Just download and drop into your track file, it won't overwrite anything. You do need the have the original track though.

If you don't have some of these tracks, there are links to download them in the Readme files. Get them first and then install my pits extension.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to read the "Important - readme first" files, just to avoid any problems.

NOTE: I don't guarantee that your system will handle all this tracks with extra AI cars, for example mine can handle around 23-25 AI cars and that's it.

LINK: https://mega.nz/folder/eOoQlQZZ#9sKEZR_MbJf6b_MGgBnrow

Big thanks to:
@slider666 for teaching me how to add pits properly and helping with various problems and questions, it wouldn't be possible without his help!
@Fanapryde for taking the time to create previews for each track, it's a huge Quality of Life improvement.
@LiquidSkyMan for doing his AI magic and also providing me with some excellent music to listen to while modding :)

I will release 4 more Trackpacks, next one will be called "Oceanic Track Pack" and will include 6 tracks from Australia and New Zealand. I should post it in the next few days :)

Legions 'short' version of kunos Magoni track, can be found on his blog.

2 cameras.
change 'txt' to 'ini'.
(my version had original track cameras which didn't really work due to shorter track, so my cameras are named camera_1 and camera_2.
If you have the other cameras and want to keep them in rename my cameras... camera_4 and camera_5...for them to work..cheers.)

As a rough rule of thumb i have deduced that cameras have to be numbered 1,2,3,4 etc etc to work... can't have 1,3,7,9 for example...

Attachments

• cameras_1.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 23
  • cameras_2.txt
    5 KB · Views: 21
Yesterday i discovered something "interesting" to say at least.

While i was fixing the shaders of the F1/1982 seasons cars provided by RenaultDJRTP some pages back, i've discovered that the size of the car's data.acd file was abnormaly large: over 27 MB!

So i decided to unpack the offending file, and here's what i've found:
  • 20 shortcut links that will direct to the Facebook/VK profile page of at least 10/11 people from Russia.
  • A file named "AC car mods" with more Facebook profile links.
  • "drs.ini" file containing even more Facebook profile links.
  • 10 .png files, adding 6.5 MB to the "data" folder
An "interesting" discovery indeed.

EDIT: fixed grammar.

Very useful tips mate, follow your guideline and I just found another suspcious mod here and to raise awareness. There is a PDF file inside the data.acd

Porsche 991 GT3RS 2019 v3 - from Forceful

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 61
Legions 'short' version of kunos Mugello track, can be found on his blog.

2 cameras.
change 'txt' to 'ini'.
Again mine has some other cameras in the folder which didn't really work with shorter layout so i binned them.
As a rough rule of thumb i have deduced that cameras have to be numbered 1,2,3,4 etc etc to work... can't have 1,3,7,9 for example...

My cameras are named safi hellie, so you'll know which ones are mine on track.

This is a really cool addition to Mugello IMO, fun track for smaller type cars like FIAT 500 etc.
Never really used it much as hate not having cameras for replays etc..
Enjoy..

Attachments

• cameras_1.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 23
  • cameras_2.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 23
Legions 'short' version of kunos Mugello track, can be found on his blog.

2 cameras.
change 'txt' to 'ini'.
Again mine has some other cameras in the folder which didn't really work with shorter layout so i binned them.

My cameras are named safi hellie, so you'll know which ones are mine on track.

This is a really cool addition to Mugello IMO, fun track for smaller type cars like FIAT 500 etc.
Never really used it much as hate not having cameras for replays etc..
Enjoy..
Thanks for the cameras. It is very helpful. I love Legion's additional layouts.
Only: the transition to the home straight is very bumpy, difficult to find a setup ...

Thanks for the cameras. It is very helpful. I love Legion's additional layouts.
Only: the transition to the home straight is very bumpy, difficult to find a setup ...

Yep, in fairness legion is using parts of the 'track' which were never meant to be, if you look its not even track surface its like badly rendered service road.
It's a strange one as kunos had the licence for the main track so to make the short version must of been a 10 min job....not sure why they didn't. IIRC short version is in the forza games.

I suppose its a bit like sector3 not making Brands Hatch full GP, they have Brands indy and if you look the full layout is made and ready pretty much...just needs cones removing..

I think this is really related to licensing. Safie can you please consider to do a camera for Müllenbach variant of the Nurb GP track? You wrote you wouldn´t consider but personally I do like this variant more than the other ones.

Just updated Sidekick to v1.14.1 to correct an issue where changing the settings using Content Manager could result in a config file that caused Sidekick to crash. Thanks to CdnTDog for the detailed bug report that helped me track this down!

If you've previously used Content Manager to make SideKick settings changes, your settings file might get reset on first load after updating to this version, so you should make a note of what your settings are before updating. Sorry about that.

@Foxeway
I have a question for you, in the most critically acclaimed and famously marveled circuit known to modern mankind as we know it, Carrieres de Beez, what are you using to adjust these pits? Blender? The track says it has 30 pits but when you recalculate that value, it says 0 (zero). Looked in kseditor and looks like there is around 30 pits, the thing is, if I use 12 cars on track, everything's fine, everyone's lined up well. If I use 20 cars though, cars spawn on top of each other and it's no good.
I thought I had the fixed version in the first place, oh well. Can you point me to easy way to fix this?
I used 3DSimEd to edit all these tracks. If you want I can give you a detailed explanation in a pm how to add pits using this program :)

Hi Foxeway. These files aren't opening for me. When I unpack the zip and get to the .rar files, it says there's no data in them. Would it possible for you to provide a link to individual zip files for each track update, or a single zip with all the content, but no .rar files ? Cheers.
Here it is in zip file, let me know if it works for you:
LINK: https://mega.nz/file/uP5ymI5L#9TQ8MsJN6Re0i5uEOoNkAyrL838g3Nner1Cmsa6ZNwI

Would you like me to create a zip file for you with the Southern Europe TrackPack as well?

I urge everyone to have a go at this for your favourite cars - it's so quick and easy and the results are great. I've never used Blender before but if I had a little more info (now updated in the RD post) I'd have done my first LOD within the hour. Now I know the technique and proper scaling when exporting the fbx from Blender (0.01) it'll probably take 15mins to create one LOD. As the guys says, all lights work too (edit: I lost the high-level brake light at distance). I couldn't see the transition from a 175k tri model reduced to 25k at 30m. Should be huge performance help for cars with no LODs.

Why would you not just use the LOD generator from RD? It's considerably faster, makes a full set of LODs and can work in the background while you're doing other things. Is there any advantage to this method? Only thing I can think it's useful for at the moment is on the rare cars that cause the LOD generator to throw a hissy fit.

Here is the second part of my Pit Boxes Extension Project:

- Cadwell Park by Terra21 and Jim Lloyd -> pits extended from 18 to 28

Hi, I had a copy of this track that had been extended to 24 pits but when we used it for an online league race we had a problem with drive-through penalties. There was something wrong somewhere (maybe with the original track/maybe the extra pitboxes?) and when people had to do a drive-through thanks to a jump start it didn't register that they'd entered the pits.

Do you know if that is something that would be easy enough to check when you're extending?

I used 3DSimEd to edit all these tracks. If you want I can give you a detailed explanation in a pm how to add pits using this program :)

If you don't mind, I'm also interested to have some knowledge about modifying that (using 3dsimed), for example, I saw that player car at Anglesey circuit during track day is almost on AI pit line (obviously, AI crash into your car :) )
And if you know how to manage spot location for hotlap start, and how to manage timer. Because one track, I don't remember which one yet, count the hotlap start to s/f line as a complete lap. making a record absurdly low.

Why would you not just use the LOD generator from RD? It's considerably faster, makes a full set of LODs and can work in the background while you're doing other things. Is there any advantage to this method? Only thing I can think it's useful for at the moment is on the rare cars that cause the LOD generator to throw a hissy fit.
I've never used LOD generator but will give it a go. I'd kind of forgotten about it but I think I might have seen some weird results - can't remember. Perhaps people were being too critical about it compared to hand-crafted LODs. I just saw that @leBluem developed it so I have renewed faith in its ability. Thanks for the tip.

Hi, I had a copy of this track that had been extended to 24 pits but when we used it for an online league race we had a problem with drive-through penalties. There was something wrong somewhere (maybe with the original track/maybe the extra pitboxes?) and when people had to do a drive-through thanks to a jump start it didn't register that they'd entered the pits.

Do you know if that is something that would be easy enough to check when you're extending?
Do you remember if the ghosting effect was happening in the pitlane? I mean cars going through each other without collisions in the pitlane. If it was not happening, then probably when someone added new pit boxes, he might have accidentally renamed the pitlane into something else and the game didn't recognize it as pitlane, which is why drive-through did not register. This is a possible explanation.

Could you check if drive-through works with my version? As far as I know everything should be okay.

If you don't mind, I'm also interested to have some knowledge about modifying that (using 3dsimed), for example, I saw that player car at Anglesey circuit during track day is almost on AI pit line (obviously, AI crash into your car :) )
And if you know how to manage spot location for hotlap start, and how to manage timer. Because one track, I don't remember which one yet, count the hotlap start to s/f line as a complete lap. making a record absurdly low.
I know how to do all that, I will try to write an easy to follow guide for you and others interested and post it here :)

Do you remember if the ghosting effect was happening in the pitlane?

Could you check if drive-through works with my version? As far as I know everything should be okay.

Pretty sure it was, we always do it to VR users as it messes with their head :lol:

Harder to arrange an online race but I guess I can test it offline with AI and see if it works?

Pretty sure it was, we always do it to VR users as it messes with their head :lol:

Harder to arrange an online race but I guess I can test it offline with AI and see if it works?
Okay, I tested it offline with AI and sadly it's broken as well. There seems to be something wrong with this track, I don't know how to fix this :/

Very useful tips mate, follow your guideline and I just found another suspcious mod here and to raise awareness. There is a PDF file inside the data.acd

Porsche 991 GT3RS 2019 v3 - from Forceful
IME; Forceful is legit, and a decent guy. But he's not that meticulous about cleaning up his files before release. That PDF is likely a remnant of whatever 3D model he based the car on. I'm more worried about the huge amount of redundant files (old backups, full-size PSDs, outdated textures etc.) in his skin folders, with e v e r y single release....

I've never used LOD generator but will give it a go. I'd kind of forgotten about it but I think I might have seen some weird results - can't remember. Perhaps people were being too critical about it compared to hand-crafted LODs. I just saw that @leBluem developed it so I have renewed faith in its ability. Thanks for the tip.

Were those people that were being critical on RD by any chance? :lol:

If you want examples of what it produces, all the cars I've reworked used the LOD generator with the standard settings. It's far from perfect and nothing like as good as the scratch made stuff from the best modders, but it's super easy once setup and works for 90% of cars. I'll have to see how easy this blender method is, I've a couple of cars that I really like that get borked by the LOD generator so more options are always good.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back