Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,542 comments
I think this is really related to licensing. Safie can you please consider to do a camera for Müllenbach variant of the Nurb GP track? You wrote you wouldn´t consider but personally I do like this variant more than the other ones.

Yep will do. Truth is, I am ashamed to say, i got lost on it!
Ended up missing the turn off and went round whole track got really annoyed and binned it....!

I'll give it another go..:lol:

Thanks very much Foxeway. Really appreciate the reupload. This zip opens for me just fine. Funnily enough, I didn't have any issue with the Southern Europe TrackPack, so I'm good wit that one. Thanks again! :cheers:
No problem, enjoy! :cheers:

Hello Guys, what a great forum here, nice job to the creator.
And really thanks to @All for taking live more and more.
I start to modding and I want to have the same "gt3_exhaust_glow.ini" effect on my Huracan NIMBUL.
I try to put the lines in my ext_config.ini but without success
Do you know what I miss ?
thanks to all

Capture d’écran (163).png

I think this is really related to licensing. Safie can you please consider to do a camera for Müllenbach variant of the Nurb GP track? You wrote you wouldn´t consider but personally I do like this variant more than the other ones.

Right here's one:
Müllenbach variant of the Nurb GP track. (from legions blog). https://perendinator.blogspot.com/2019/05/
change 'txt' to 'ini'.

Attachments

• cameras_1.txt
    5 KB · Views: 24
Hi! Did you manage to do it?

I've been using a XBOX One controller to open the virtual desktop from SteamVR and navigate through it eveytime I exit a race/practice. So, at the end of the race/practice, I take my hands of the steering wheel and have to always blindly search the controller on my desk, but it's the only way that it works without having to remove the headset, once my VR headset is a Lenovo Explorer that didn't come with controllers - it works very well inside racing games, but I can't say the same for other type of games.

Cheers :)

I haven't had time to give it a try yet. Unfortunately my "free time," such as it is, tends to come in chunks so it might be days or weeks before I can try that. If I give it a try I'll be sure and stop back to post my results.

I'm in the same boat, HMD (Pimax 5K+) but no motion controllers as I wanted it mostly for Racing SIMs. I'm enjoying Fallout 3 through VorpX a lot though, which also works great with a standard Xbox controller. Skyrim VR also works with standard controllers, but honestly, even with every interesting mod in the world Skyrim is just strangely boring to me. But there are games you can play with your HMD and regular controllers that provide excellent experiences (IMHO go for Fallout 3 plus VorpX - runs very well and looks great).

I have a thread specific to VR topics: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/vr-pimax-5k-impressions-for-racing-sims.390403/#post-12964388

I am a she for a start. And secondly I was practising on this track so had loads of cameras which i suggested if wanted i could upload here....

The 'extra' cams work fine my end and i did post fully explaining why they won't and it is because the track folder is a bit messed up.....

If you don't like the 'extra' cams then feel free to go back to having none...
cheers.

I apologize for ignoring the gender neutrality ("his/her") I should have included. It did occur to me, but it seemed overly fussy, so I passed. No excuse; I was wrong. But I still wish the 'extra' cams were a 'drop in' proposition.

Last edited:
I apologize for ignoring the gender neutrality ("his/her") I should have included. It did occur to me, but it seemed overly fussy, so I passed. No excuse; I was wrong.

No it's cool.
Did you sort out those cameras in the end?

Guys two new cameras for Croft, this is the track on RD not the one of legions blog.
Mine are cam 3 and cam 4 because i have others in the folder, please rename yours if you have different amount.
Cameras only work if they all go up in number orders low to high..

If you want to see them in action check out the AC video section on this forum.

Attachments

• cameras_3.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 33
  • cameras_4.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 34
No it's cool.
Did you sort out those cameras in the end?

Guys two new cameras for Croft, this is the track on RD not the one of legions blog.
Mine are cam 3 and cam 4 because i have others in the folder, please rename yours if you have different amount.
Cameras only work if they all go up in number orders low to high..

If you want to see them in action check out the AC video section on this forum.

Thank you for doing some new Croft cameras. I've been racing here with @norms and doing really badly so it'll be helpful to watch the replays and hopefully I can learn how to take those corners a bit better.
You're on fire with doing these cameras by the way :)

I have any issue with tire marks on tracks, (skid and cornering). They appear to above the track surface. I know there was an option in CM to adjust this, but I can't find it now, I'm using version 1.52. When driving in traffic it almost looks like driving in snow tracks. Anyone else experiencing this?
track issue.jpg

Hello Guys, what a great forum here, nice job to the creator.
And really thanks to @All for taking live more and more.
I start to modding and I want to have the same "gt3_exhaust_glow.ini" effect on my Huracan NIMBUL.
I try to put the lines in my ext_config.ini but without success
Do you know what I miss ?
thanks to all
View attachment 916126

We can't see anything clearly on your picture (picture is too small and text is blurry).

nevertheless, real name mesh object is Inner_exhaust and I 'think' that I see
ExhaustMeshes_MultiMap = exhaust_inner
in your file

so mesh name must match.

and other car write it like that :
[INCLUDE: common/gt3_exhaust_glow.ini]
VAR_0=ExhaustPoint, 0.36, 1.85, 0.35
VAR_1=ExhaustLightPoint, 0.36, 1.75, 0.35
VAR_3=ExhaustMeshes_MultiMap, EXT_Exhaust
VAR_7=ExhaustRadiusThicknessInv,0.01
VAR_6=ExhaustRadiusInner, 1
VAR_8=ExhaustAreaScale,35, 35, 80
VAR_9=ExhaustNormalsK, 0.85
VAR_10=ExhaustLightRange,0.2
VAR_2=ExhaustGlowTint, 0.1

so perhaps try that way.

edit: obviously, replace EXT_Exhaust by the name of your mesh.

You really have to admire the amount of seen and unseen detail in this mod. Because the body model consists of several differents parts it's a difficult mod to skin but I decided to zoom in while in CM showroom an came across this; all in a mod that could have easily skipped this detail. Bravo!
Remember this when you see the inevitable complaint about non-animated wipers :rolleyes:
View attachment 915740

This will get better in time
upload_2020-4-30_18-27-49.png

upload_2020-4-30_18-28-29.png

Hi Jari, isn't all that hidden detail just taking up unnecessary resources? We do all we can to get the model object/tri count down for better performance so I'm struggling to see what the point is in adding detail under the bonnet and in the boot. I know there are options in the showroom to open bonnets and doors but it's not like AC has a proper ForzaVista mode for gazing at tiny details. I'd much prefer a version of the car with all of that hidden stuff removed, TBH.

Hi Jari, isn't all that hidden detail just taking up unnecessary resources? We do all we can to get the model object/tri count down for better performance so I'm struggling to see what the point is in adding detail under the bonnet and in the boot. I know there are options in the showroom to open bonnets and doors but it's not like AC has a proper ForzaVista mode for gazing at tiny details. I'd much prefer a version of the car with all of that hidden stuff removed, TBH.
Nah man, leave it as is, I'm honestly loving the direction they're taking to my Skyline lol

With proper lods won't be a problem, more likely removing engine and other hidden stuff for lod 1 ,going under 10mb with it i think. The devil is in the details they say :-)

Hi!
A strange question arose: how many free mods were released by the URD and where to find them all? They don’t say anything about them on the website and this makes search a bit difficult.

Just updated Sidekick to v1.14.1 to correct an issue where changing the settings using Content Manager could result in a config file that caused Sidekick to crash. Thanks to CdnTDog for the detailed bug report that helped me track this down!

If you've previously used Content Manager to make SideKick settings changes, your settings file might get reset on first load after updating to this version, so you should make a note of what your settings are before updating. Sorry about that.

Mate, I don´t know whats wrong with the sidekick app recently but I cannot run AC any longer with your app enabled. It just produces heavily stuttering. The only option for me is to disable it completely. Could it be the culprit to deactivate the second window you recently added to your app? Before it just was fine without any probs. It´s a pity since this app is the only one I think is really mandatory for AC.

Mate, I don´t know whats wrong with the sidekick app recently but I cannot run AC any longer with your app enabled. It just produces heavily stuttering. The only option for me is to disable it completely. Could it be the culprit to deactivate the second window you recently added to your app? Before it just was fine without any probs. It´s a pity since this app is the only one I think is really mandatory for AC.
Imo disabling the second row stops this massive stuttering, at least for me. I would like to have it enabled, as it looks nice and gives a lot of usefull additional informations, but I had no chance.
On the other hand, didn´t tested new version yet.

So thanks to a collab between @GzeroD, @norms, and myself (I guess I can just say Legion haha) we have made the GT4 Mustang mod even better for you all. Huge thanks norms for updated the AO mapping and reflections. Completely changed the look of the car. And of course GZeroD for being the original creator and helping us fix little nuances we've found. I have a few things that I need to clean up in the mod files this evening but I think this will be it for awhile, the GT4 mustang has been nailed. That is unless, there are any sound modders on here that I can possibly bug for some help on updating the cars sfx. Either way, look for the link tonight :) Teaser to warm your hearts:

95483238_10157229361422849_3270671811276177408_o.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back