Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,494 comments
Yes I am part of the team, I help with the physics, talking with other teams for models, references and research and funding. I've had a less to do with the Lexus and Honda this time around due to work sadly. As for how the files are laid it that is due to the partnership with circuit hawaii, I apologise if its a hassle.

Ok I think I get where you are coming from. Just to make sure before I get Charles to upload a patch please try this.

aaeacfb4f5265267a04ddbcab79e1571.png

Open CM showroom and select the banner

d9e261ffa618b426b59fa09b89739295.png

On the right click the three dots next to the right of Name: int_windshield

A window should pop up and click change values.

93357c45f2d54f68e03a29bb9ed322e1.png

Set the values for the three fresnel parameters as 0 and click save. close the showroom and try and see if that fixes your problem. Let me know if it does help and I'll throw up a patch.
Thanks, yes - this is what I already did as a temporary fix. I can't really understand the comments from people saying it's not noticeable - if you drive over a red/white kerb, for example, the sun strip flashes red/white from the reflection.
(You need to click the dots next to 'Material', not 'Name' to access the shader value editing).
It's less noticeable on some of the other cars (due to roll cages) but it is still there. It'd be good to get it eliminated from all cars if possible.
Also, just a suggestion, but if this sun screen had slight translucency you'd be able to see the lettering (and environment) through it, and it would react to different light levels. Always a nicer effect than a blank strip (unless the real cars have 100% opaque ones of course).
One other thing that would be nice is that the driver model currently used has his elbows sticking out at 90 degress as if his armpits are on fire. It looks really unnatural. Again, this is one of those things that looks really odd in VR but probably isn't noticeable in 2D. I've not tried changing the driver myself but I can't see any reason why this driver model has been chosen as there's plenty of room for his elbows to be down by his side in a more natural position like in most other cars/mods. Maybe it's something that could be looked at too? Like I said, it might have got missed completely if the modeller/testers don't use VR.
Great cars though, as I've said before. Very nice to look at and drive. Please pass my thanks on to the rest of the team.

Last edited:
@letsdothis97 I would also like to complement the cars. They are a delight to drive. Just as I expected. Congrats and thanks to everyone involved. Was driving the cars yesterday on the updated Suzuka and they drive at the pro level of Kunos, RSS, URD. So much fun. It is evident from a plane just how much work and talent went into making these. I especially like the ai, as it is very challenging and aggressive, but not stupid. Not a field a lot of developers pay attention to. I'm sure those niggling points will be ironed out (don't drive in VR, so I don't notice them at all) but can already say, this mod pack is top notch, exactly the type of content that makes assetto corsa still number one in sim racing in my opinion. Great job and thank you again. 👍

Last edited:
^ Well doesn't that just answer my questions real fast... Thanks! So where can I adjust the overall window width? (I'm on a 4k screen so width is no prob) I have been doing the CM pack unpack for some other stuff... Wow. The complexity (and simplicity) of CM is staggering. The animation software I used back in the 90s (Symbolics, later Mirai, and Wings3D is a spinoff) had even greater interface depth, but this stuff is all so practical and effective. I should go donate to CM again...)
If you are already using the grid view in full screen view that is all you get.
If you have the grid screen open as a smaller than your screen window you can just grab the edge of the window with your mouse and resize it.

The cars handle just like high downforce cars should, very nice even wobbles correctly. But it seems they accelerate from medium speeds to top speed too quickly. & I doubt they should even reach over 180mph. I'm getting low 6:1n's on nordschleife as opposed to 6:25's with URD DTM mods.
GT500 cars of that year in some cases were producing around 700bhp, they are ridiculously fast limtied by their gearing which was shorter outside of fuji for acceleration, they should in all seriousness decimate the DTM cars to the point where they can go toe to toe with lmp1 cars.

@letsdothis97 further to my earlier reply, the whole roof liner of the GTR also reflects the road so flashes/flickers quite a lot. The fresnel = 0 trick fixed that too.
(the dashboard fans are a nice touch too but the rotation axis on both is slightly off-centre. I guess this was deliberate to simulate shake but IMO looks like the fans are about to break. It's not necessary, perfectly-centred fan blades would look better IMO).

GT500 cars of that year in some cases were producing around 700bhp, they are ridiculously fast limtied by their gearing which was shorter outside of fuji for acceleration, they should in all seriousness decimate the DTM cars to the point where they can go toe to toe with lmp1 cars.
Yes. These are the fastest thing in the world in "production" cars, maybe the fastest non open wheel cars. And have been for some time now. Just look at the track records on Suzuka...6 sec faster than formula 3, 20 sec faster than GT3. Crazy.

https://www.suzukacircuit.jp/en/race_record/

Sorry for the double post, I didn't realise a lot of people had questions and feedback.

Thanks, yes - this is what I already did as a temporary fix. I can't really understand the comments from people saying it's not noticeable - if you drive over a red/white kerb, for example, the sun strip flashes red/white from the reflection.
(You need to click the dots next to 'Material', not 'Name' to access the shader value editing).
It's less noticeable on some of the other cars (due to roll cages) but it is still there. It'd be good to get it eliminated from all cars if possible.
Also, just a suggestion, but if this sun screen had slight translucency you'd be able to see the lettering (and environment) through it, and it would react to different light levels. Always a nicer effect than a blank strip (unless the real cars have 100% opaque ones of course).
One other thing that would be nice is that the driver model currently used has his elbows sticking out at 90 degress as if his armpits are on fire. It looks really unnatural. Again, this is one of those things that looks really odd in VR but probably isn't noticeable in 2D. I've not tried changing the driver myself but I can't see any reason why this driver model has been chosen as there's plenty of room for his elbows to be down by his side in a more natural position like in most other cars/mods. Maybe it's something that could be looked at too? Like I said, it might have got missed completely if the modeller/testers don't use VR.
Great cars though, as I've said before. Very nice to look at and drive. Please pass my thanks on to the rest of the team.
OK the banner issue should get patched soon, thats down to Charles as he runs the website. As for the driver model none of us had vr so we didnt test that, definitely something to think about in the future for testing. As the the GT-R roof being reflective that may take longer to fix because non reflective carbon fiber looks weird so I'll need to get a good balance.

@letsdothis97 I would also like to complement the cars. They are a delight to drive. Just as I expected. Congrats and thanks to everyone involved. Was driving the cars yesterday on the updated Suzuka and they drive at the pro level of Kunos, RSS, URD. So much fun. It is evident from a plane just how much work and talent went into making these. I especially like the ai, as it is very challenging and aggressive, but not stupid. Not a field a lot of developers pay attention to. I'm sure those niggling points will be ironed out (don't drive in VR, so I don't notice them at all) but can already say, this mod pack is top notch, exactly the type of content that makes assetto corsa still number one in sim racing in my opinion. Great job and thank you again. 👍
Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot, the teams gone through a lot and we are improving with every project. Personally I dont think we are up there with RSS just yet, they are on another level and this hobby requires years and years of improvement. Hopefully we can work again with URD like with this pack.

ahem...

ATtENtIOn, PlEaSe!

...Thank you.

This is an essential download for the Donkervoort D8 GT4 mod. There have been a few different versions of the car being uploaded here by various people attempting to fix things (mainly the licence plate). While this is appreciated, it has led to me receiving negative feedback about the v1.1 upload that I didn't initially understand and caused some miscommunication. I was told that the car was too slow, and the auto-shifting didn't work properly. I was initially confused as I hadn't changed the car's stats since the original version from April 19th was posted, yet after reviewing the latest post here and the original version, it has come to my attention that someone has changed the data file with intent from it's original specifications. This has caused a number of issues, which have been remedied by replacing the data file with my version from April 19th.

I am not angry at anyone, or pointing fingers at anyone, it's just that a version of this mod has now been spread which does not carry the original intent or specifications from me. As such, it is important that you delete your current version of the car, no matter when you downloaded it, and replace it with the newest version available which has been tested and approved by me.

So included in this new Version 1.2 are...

- A deleted licence plate from @GzeroD, thanks for the help there.
- UI changes for the country.
- Changes to the description so I don't look illiterate.
- A slight tweak of the transmission. Upshifts and downshifts have been quickened by a tenth of a second.
- My original unchanged specs from Version 1 that are balanced to GT4 cars.

Naturally, this version includes all visual changes from Version 1.1 posted a few days ago. Darkened springs and altered stripes from @MrB00

Thank you for downloading this latest and correctest version of the mod. Please enjoy, and apologies for the inconvenience.

View attachment 918163

Thanks for the update.
May I suggest you change the sound to Audi Sport Quattro instead of KTM X-Bow R, since the D8 has an Audi 5 cylinder. Personally I did the change via CM.

I'm not sure having a chicken (sic) named after you is desirable?

Chic.PNG

Personally I'm a big fan of Pride chicken.

fanapryde chicken.png

(sorry)

OK the banner issue should get patched soon, thats down to Charles as he runs the website. As for the driver model none of us had vr so we didnt test that, definitely something to think about in the future for testing. As the the GT-R roof being reflective that may take longer to fix because non reflective carbon fiber looks weird so I'll need to get a good balance.

It doesn't appear to be CF in the GTR. The roof seems to be part of the roll cage (the objects are linked when editing materials, anyway) so removing fresnel values affects both. I think it looks good with all fresnel = 0 because the roll cage had a reflective silver appearance like cast aluminium, whereas now it looks like grey painted steel. Solves the roof reflections too.

Last edited:
Not at my racing rig right now, so I can't be too precise but... if you look in the Track Adjustments tab in the CSP settings page, there's something called 'Force AI Lights', or something like that. If you make sure that isn't ticked, AI cars shouldn't have lights on during daylight. If they still do, the error is generally in the track config file, but that's another story to fix.
Thanks! That fixed it. Just another 'tick in the box' that I did not notice when playing for Sherlock Holmes and hoover over all the tabs, options etc. It's indeed a new feature in CSP1.52 and I installed a complete filter MOD (with 'auto' CSP adjustments). The creator enabled that Force AI lights.

WEATHER FX:
upload_2020-5-6_10-51-56.png

Nissan 240SX USDM 2.0 from Slivkas Garage
Support for shader patch: working turn signals, wipers, doors, seat belt and so on.

Is this the first 240SX in AC? I find that hard to believe but it's the first one I've got.

View attachment 918254 View attachment 918255

https://sharemods.com/fnxi6ke685b8/nissan_240sx_sl_stock.7z.html

AI cars seem to be squatting on collapsed suspension, but your own car is fine. Anyone know why?

There's loads of drift 240's, I think this is the first standard one I've seen though!

Oh very nice! Really reminds me of that track. Damn you're fast, any estimated timescale for this one?
This one has been in development for ages! :lol: Just needed a change of scenery from the cathedral rocks, and spotted that issue. I think Washington is like 3rd in my list to be released so no idea on a time estimate, sorry!

(might give you guys a preview build if you're nice!)

Support for shader patch: working turn signals, wipers, doors, seat belt and so on.

Is this the first 240SX in AC? I find that hard to believe but it's the first one I've got.

AI cars seem to be squatting on collapsed suspension, but your own car is fine. Anyone know why?

Aw shame it is US spec'd. Great addition nonetheless; tired of all the awful drift-only variants around.

There's loads of drift 240's, I think this is the first standard one I've seen though!
Yeah, I thought I'd seen a few in the past but a little while ago I deleted any car with a 'drift' tag so they are probably binned. Kind of regret doing that now that people are puting grip tunes on them as there were some lovely widebody kits on a few different cars.

This one needs a shifting animation adding.

Enkay74s 2019 skins for btcc are again of very good quality and a nice addition.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/btcc-2019-21-car-skin-pack.32748/

There are also three new cars for the season, the new BMW (which drives as the others), the Subaru (which is a modified WRX from Rollovers tcr pack) and a new Honda Civic.

And there is a problem with this car, as it crashes the game. Somebody on Rd found the problem. Can anybody please tell me where I can find this setting to change? Been searching, but not been successful. Here is his post:

"I found the problem (I think), but couldn't correct it. One of the objects seems to be named incorrectly:

blur-jpg.369690

As can be seen in the above pic, all the other wheel parts have two objects GEO_RIM_Blur??_SUB0 and GEO_RIM_Blur??_SUB1 while the left front only has the ...SUB0 object. The ...SUB1 object actually exists in the right place (see red arrow), but is named incorrectly (see the right most arrow in the objects list).

I think.
upload_2020-5-6_11-25-32.gif

I tried to rename the object in 3DSIMEd, exported the .kn5 but the error persists. Unfortunately, I don't know nearly enough to solve this..."

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello, I just have a basic question.

If I want rename a car folder (exemple : seatibizawtcc -> wtcc_seat_ibiza), what are the file in the folder that i must rename ?

Thanks.

Vanilla:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ks_monza66_6-5-120-11-43-37.jpg

1962:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ks_monza66_6-5-120-11-42-47.jpg

1966 Revamp:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_ks_monza66_6-5-120-11-41-50.jpg

This is the last main addon for 1966 version, I will start 1971 at the moment
and hopeful for a new version tonight

Concerning some objects and walls I use, for BTB users I willshare with people who want, my xpack with the guard rail base of kunos geometry, did as a wall, + some objects etc for oldies tracks

Enkay74s 2019 skins for btcc are again of very good quality and a nice addition.

There are also three new cars for the season, the new BMW (which drives as the others), the Subaru (which is a modified WRX from Rollovers tcr pack) and a new Honda Civic.

And there is a problem with this car, as it crashes the game. Somebody on Rd found the problem. Can anybody please tell me where I can find this setting to change? Been searching, but not been successful. Here is his post:

"I found the problem (I think), but couldn't correct it. One of the objects seems to be named incorrectly:

blur-jpg.369690

As can be seen in the above pic, all the other wheel parts have two objects GEO_RIM_Blur??_SUB0 and GEO_RIM_Blur??_SUB1 while the left front only has the ...SUB0 object. The ...SUB1 object actually exists in the right place (see red arrow), but is named incorrectly (see the right most arrow in the objects list).

I think. View attachment 918260

I tried to rename the object in 3DSIMEd, exported the .kn5 but the error persists. Unfortunately, I don't know nearly enough to solve this..."

Thanks in advance

I also noticed the same problem with the civic , hope there will be a fix soon , but for the time being I was working on my own reworked wtcr to be on par with modern grid and the skins work on it so I’m happy , also the Subaru I noticed the wheels have no movement as in no animation, have you seen this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Enkay74 said that he would try to solve this problem. Temporary solution is to take kn5 file from Rollovers TCR mod (wtcr_civic_type_r_fk7_wtcr.kn5) and rename it to btcc_civic_type_r_fk7.kn5 - worked for me.

Welcome @sab001,
unfortunately I don´t really know what causes this effect. Maybe this one in Smart Shadows from CSP?
But as you see mine are default, so I didn´t experimented with them yet:
View attachment 918121

On the other hand, you reminded me of something.... :scared::sly:

Ahem, *cough, cough* this Solitude ... *cough* 1964 *cough* I´m getting old.. *cough, cough* totally forgot to share it here with you all. Again... sorry ... :D

A lot of work and time spended in improving the track and I wanted to improve it even more, but I heard just before christmas that Fat-Alfie is doing a new scratch made version. Don´t know how long this will need to be released, but I lost interest in working on it since then, as Fat-Alfie´s version will surely be awesome like all his tracks. :)
So this went to drawer and just now taken out there... :)

Yapp, Ok, it is as it is. See it as placeholder till Fat-Alfie´s one will be released. If someone will take this and will work on it, that should be no prob.
I asked Rainmaker before and got his permission to modify and re-release his old tracks. Thank you, sir! :bowdown:
Many ones where involved getting this done so far, so I thanks them all too:
  • @leBluem made most of lights
  • @norms some extra trees and hided some holes in treewalls
  • @Fanapryde did the initial start to work on it by asking if I could reduce this amount of crowdwalls and he did a lot of testing and given many feedback
  • from Jonah Hax and the VAC Team on discord a lot of testing and feedback too
  • Fat-Alfie helped with pointing me how to fix sticky tree walls
It´s to long ago, hope I didn´t forgot anyone.
Still not optimized in performance, some weird bushes and ugly horror buildings and light flickering trees on track, but as mentioned before, take as placeholder if ya like. I´ll not put a lot of work on it, if not very buggy things appear... :scared:
Working imo so far:
  • seasonal changes
  • lights, even blinking emercency lights on some vehicles
  • new grass with flowers
  • new water shader
  • removed a lot of crowdwalls
  • overall brightness, contrast adjustments
  • vao-patch
  • unsticky some treewalls
  • some new trees
  • fixes here and there
Enjoy it till a way better version rises ... :)
Hopefully soon... :)

https://sharemods.com/hna1pddcxcix/solitude1964.7z.html

Wow mate you suprise me every day! :) Anything on your HDD you wanted to share and forgot? ;)

Wow mate you suprise me every day! :) Anything on your HDD you wanted to share and forgot? ;)
Lol, I´m afraid there are some more in my drawer. :D
Some tracks still wip., others I´m searching for permissions and others I didn´t found time and occasion to release it yet.
Some tracks as reworks but most ones just configs and vao-patches. Many bad made gilles75 conversions, but many of them aren´t still really good, but imo a bit better. :D
Maybe I´ll make some config packages instead of releasing them track by track. We will see... ;)

haha It's me again with something strange again... ;)

This Nissan drives ok but when I go into trackday/race mode the AI Nissan has become a kind of low rider and drives accordingly. Don't tell me there is a button you can press like the old Citroens with hydraulic suspension.

vxgdg.jpg

When starting with AI it seems the AI is thrown on the track and then the suspension breaks and my car is ok?! Cheating 2.0

@letsdothis97 I did edit my previous post after I noticed the same issue reported by Masscot, but it looks like you replied before the edit was saved. It doesn't bother me as much, but yes, it's there. I've seen other mods where this is even worse--reflections on the inside of the windscreen, dashboard, even sides of seats. Now THAT's annoying, especially for VR users.

This is a great set of cars that's already wonderful to "sit in," listen to, and drive. When people get a little nit picky, it's usually because they really like what's been done, and by taking care of these last "tiny" details, it will be a "perfect" mod, as it's already so close to being so. When someone releases a bad mod, most people don't even bother.

Again, good work on this! I'm driving them again this morning before getting back to work.

Gotta get at least below 1:48 on Suzuka. Some gearing ratio adjustment, maybe some aero tweaks, I should be able to do it. Some mods, I don't even want to bother, but with these, I definitely want to. Now if we just had Twin Ring Motegi... I hope by this weekend... or next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back