Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,577 comments
This could be very beneficial to fps. You don't need to have more than 15 cars drawn, as you're not ever gonna see them while driving.

Have to figure out in what file to adjust this, as there is no slider yet apparently.

I think I found the setting in the graphics_adjustments.ini (extension>config>graphics_adjustments.ini) there is a line that state
"
[VISIBLE_CARS]
; hidden
; four values are for: LOD A, simplified render without some extra bits, LOD C and LOD D

MAIN=3, 8, 16, 28
GBUFFER=3, 8, 16, 16
SHADOWS=3, 6, 6, 16
SPECTATING_MAIN=6, 20, 40, 200
SPECTATING_GBUFFER=3, 12, 24, 24
SPECTATING_SHADOWS=3, 12, 12, 24
MIRROR=2, 4, 8, 12
"

No clue what any of it means, I guess I to experiment at a later time.

It's time for the sixth and final part of my Pit Boxes Extension Project, here we go:

Have a nice day :cheers:

Thanks for all of your pit extensions you have done! San Francisco street circuit really need it! :bowdown: I hope you do continue this, at least for individual tracks (not in large packs) I think Deep Forest Raceway and ACF-Trial Mountain Circuit can use a pit update.

Last edited:
I forgot all about that one...must have been clearing out my Mega links lol...Let me see if I can find that Porsche - It's not the flat nose by the way as that one is a private mod that has never been released into the wild.
So yeah if you mean the 964 Midnight from here

Then you can grab it from here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8rqr7rc5cn3fiv5/Porsche_911_Tuned_by_%E2%98%86SutaTheRunner%E2%98%86_V22.rar/file?fbclid=IwAR0YxgY6wXftboBJb1xhOJ9uA_-QkNchLYNG5xBMzOYhe3HnGQXQ0UxhOUE

thx, i was also hoping you had the white one in the middle the 934 i guess .have a nice Sunday !
Porsche-934.jpg

It's a bumpy track. You do realize that INDY runs on Belle Isle here in Michigan? That's my hometown track and it's ten times more brutal than Ohio. Awesome to see though but my back hurts watching it. Tell me if this doesn't make you dizzy. LOL

I'm still hopeful that someone will create a bump map/mesh (i don't really know what it's called) for Belle Isle 2017 version. It's a great little track but flat as a pancake. I don't think it has any bumps at all. I remember it just felt really weird to drive.

I have a problem (actually several) I hear the rain, I see the spray but the drops do not appear on the windshield ... I am sure it is a configuration problem but I do not know where I can modify it.
If anyone can help me, I appreciate it.

I got this, please read and verify if can help you.

"Enable the Rain app
We want to be able to use the Rain app while in game so follow these steps to enable it:

Open Content Manager
Go to Settings/Assetto Corsa/Apps
Look for ACC Ext Rain in the Activated apps list
Make sure to enable it by clicking it.
Make sure there is a tick in the corresponding box.

Map wipers to a button
When the rain drops fall on your windshield then you want to activate your windshield wipers. Follow these steps to map a button on your controller to enable your wipers while in the car for that sweet sweet immersion.

In Content Manager
Go to Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/Patch
Look for Speed up wipers which is under the Car heading
Click the Click to assign and press a button on your controller, preferably a button that isn’t currently mapped to something else.
If you have unmapped/unused buttons on your controller then you could map the Slow down wipers
You can also assign keyboard shortcuts to control your wipers.
I’ve mapped the Control + + and Control + - to speed up and slow down the wipers and Control + 0 to stop the wipers.

Setup the test drive

In Content Manager
Go to Drive/Single/Quick
Select a Kunos car
Select a Kunos track
Set the time to 12:00 noon
Set the time multiplier to 1x
Select Practice
Choose Starting Line from the Start
Hit Go!

Make it rain
Here we are in drive mode. As you can see the sky is filled with heavy clouds. Now let’s make it rain.

Use your mouse over to the apps list
Scroll down and find Shaders Patch Rain
Click this app
You can use your mouse to increase or decrease the strength of raindrop effect
Click the + button for Strength 10 times
This is the maximum strength of rain
Now activate your wipers by pressing the button you mapped earlier or just click the + next to the Wiper in the app.

Something to note is that this raindrop effect is only visible from inside the car. You will not see rain falling on the environment around you or on the car surface. This may change if the mods decide to add this functionality.

Recap

Make sure to first enable the Rain app in Content Manager.
Map a button on your controller to enable your windshield wipers.
Rain effects are only visible from inside your car and not from outside view."

Cheers

Your comments about the Fitch are interesting since according to Wikipedia a Fitch topped out at 155HP whreas a Yenko could be speced up to 240HP. And your former colleague DED's opinions on the Corvair are interesting as well:

"And it is here too, that we have to go on record and say that the Corvair is — in our opinion — the most important new car of the entire crop of ’65 models, and the most beautiful car to appear in this country since before World War II...Our ardor had cooled a little by the time we got to drive the cars — then we went nuts all over again. The new rear suspension, the new softer spring rates in front, the bigger brakes, the addition of some more power, all these factors had us driving around like idiots — zooming around the handling loop dragging with each other, standing on the brakes — until we had to reluctantly turn the car over to some other impatient journalist … The ’65 Corvair is an outstanding car. It doesn’t go fast enough, but we love it.”
I've always loved the looks of the car and always considered it a lost opportunity for a segment of American cars to be designed with traits generally admired in european cars. In my next update when I include additional lods, I may change the width of the rear tires as at the moment they are slighly wider than the fronts.
For anyone interested in the history of a decidedly un-American old school American car, a good article with excellent photos can be found here.
https://silodrome.com/chevrolet-corvair-history/
:gtpflag:

David E. was always an eager stooge of the auto industry. He managed to utter some universal truths, but let's not forget that he thought the Rover 2000TC was the greatest thing since sliced bread (never mind that he was on the hook for Jimmy McWilliams, Rover's PRO, for several trips to Scotland to hunt grouse with complimentary Harrington & Richardson Double Twelves). All of us adoxographic scribes at the time were bent over double to disprove Ralph Nader's assertions that the Corvair was a ticking time bomb. Yes, the '65 was in every way a better car than the 1st gen (you can see where the Chaparral 2 got its styling). And yes, Fitch's Corvair was slower than Yenko's, it was intended are more of a boulevardier's bolide than the Stinger; I never drove it on Fitch's home track (Lime Rock), nor anywhere but the street. Yenko always hyperinflated his cars' specs, but at Nelson Ledges (pic), the Stinger was a dog.

Yenko Corvair @ Nelson Ledges.jpg

Been playing around with this and to modify the setting, you have to change the graphics_adjustment.ini file in document folder and not the one in the Assetto Corsa root folder. Changing the one in the root folder doesn't do anything. Here's the best way to explain it and it does work and will impact fps. I even tried it out setting everything to 1 and it's kind of funny to see no cars you're racing against except for the shadow underneath.

1st number is LOD A = Full detail
2nd number is LOD B = slightly less detail
3rd number is LOD C = even less detail
4th number is LOD D = least amount of detail

In the first example below, MAIN = 3,8,16,28 translate to 3 cars with LOD A, 8 cars with LOD B, 12 cars with LOD C and 28 cars with LOD D are visible

MAIN means the main race, Shadows means how many cars have visible shadows and detail level, spectating are related to replay and mirror are cars visible in mirror

MAIN=3, 8, 16, 28
GBUFFER=3, 8, 16, 16
SHADOWS=3, 6, 6, 16
MIRROR=2, 4, 8, 12

I think I found the setting in the graphics_adjustments.ini (extension>config>graphics_adjustments.ini) there is a line that state
"
[VISIBLE_CARS]
; hidden
; four values are for: LOD A, simplified render without some extra bits, LOD C and LOD D

MAIN=3, 8, 16, 28
GBUFFER=3, 8, 16, 16
SHADOWS=3, 6, 6, 16
MIRROR=2, 4, 8, 12
"

Been playing around with this and to modify the setting, you have to change the graphics_adjustment.ini file in document folder and not the one in the Assetto Corsa root folder. Changing the one in the root folder doesn't do anything. Here's the best way to explain it and it does work and will impact fps. I even tried it out setting everything to 1 and it's kind of funny to see no cars you're racing against except for the shadow underneath.

1st number is LOD A = Full detail
2nd number is LOD B = slightly less detail
3rd number is LOD C = even less detail
4th number is LOD D = least amount of detail

In the first example below, MAIN = 3,8,16,28 translate to 3 cars with LOD A, 8 cars with LOD B, 12 cars with LOD C and 28 cars with LOD D are visible

MAIN means the main race, Shadows means how many cars have visible shadows and detail level, spectating are related to replay and mirror are cars visible in mirror

MAIN=3, 8, 16, 28
GBUFFER=3, 8, 16, 16
SHADOWS=3, 6, 6, 16
MIRROR=2, 4, 8, 12

Ok this works and works well. like Bherm said, all is correct.

A little additional info. first three lines are for cars infront of you when you drive and the mirror for the ones behind. It's not like RF2, where 12 means 12 closest around you. Moving on, the numbers are reversed. What that means: last number shows total amount of cars shown (28 in this case), third number means: of those 28, 16 are quality lod c or better, second number means: of those 16, 8 are lod B or better, and the first means: of those 8, 3 are lod A. So by default we see 3 lod A, 5 lod B, 8 lod C and 12 lod D cars in front of us.

Maybe an example. I want to see max 14 cars in front of me and max 3 in the mirror. Of those i want 3 to be lod A quality, the rest can be lod D, so the wors quality. I will put in the first line: 3,3,3,14. Behind me, all 3 can be lod D, so i put: 0,0,0,3.

Same story for shadows. If a car is not drawn, you can still see a black shadow of it on the road.

Ok, did a test. Took 30 Guerilla GT4s, as they seem to be the ones that take up most resources. Did this:

MAIN=3, 6, 9, 14
GBUFFER=3, 6, 9, 14
SHADOWS=3, 6, 9, 14
MIRROR=2, 2, 6, 7

And yes there is a difference. It's like chosing to drive with 21 cars for example, even a little better, cause i reduced the quality of some of them. This is nice, i would before get an additional stutter here and there with 24 Gerilla gt4's, but now none with 30 of them.

And now i finally understand why mirrors are such frame killers. If they are off, AC draws only cars in front of you, if they are on, AC draws all cars in the field. Resolution, quality ,... not as important, the amount of cars behind you determins the difference in fps with mirrors on or off. Untill today that is. Now we can easily do 3 or 4 cars in the mirror, and all those in lod D, and we can see massive gains in fps. Especially if you are high in the rankings in a race.

Last edited:
There is nothing you can do about it.
It is your choice to keep the mod and use it as is or boycott this nonsense.
I do not even download a mod to have a look at it if I know it is encrypted.
If I ever accidentally download one and find out it is encrypted, thats the exact moment when I delete it.

The 22B is available - I have seen it in some places - a fantasy tuned version of it is available for example on the AC Pursuit discord in a free download pack. Obviously, realistic physics would have to be built around it.
There really is not a single reason why anyone would have to use an encrypted mod. That stuff is nasty.
There is a good reason to use encrypted mod.How it drives and I put that above all.Love their 2 Honda S2000 mods I cant say that for all other I tried...same about MR2 and that Subaru.IMO
But I also think encrypted mods are silly....

Last edited:
I'm still hopeful that someone will create a bump map/mesh (i don't really know what it's called) for Belle Isle 2017 version. It's a great little track but flat as a pancake. I don't think it has any bumps at all. I remember it just felt really weird to drive.
Would be nice. I remember that now seeing as I haven't used it in a while. I think you reminded me why. Going to give it a go though tonight.

FANTASTIC UPDATE! This is perfect for the new RSS Formula America 2020 mod.

First test laps

So, Mid Ohio? :D I have a really good looking version of it, but if the real track was this bumpy, an Indycar wouldn't last ten laps.

It was at one time (at least) that bumpy. May have been repaved (I haven't been there in 30 years).

Last edited:
It's a bumpy track. You do realize that INDY runs on Belle Isle here in Michigan? That's my hometown track and it's ten times more brutal than Ohio. Awesome to see though but my back hurts watching it. Tell me if this doesn't make you dizzy. LOL

Gee-ZUS! That's one rough ride!

Mid Ohio doesn't look that bumpy. For an older track, it's still mostly smooth, with a few notable bumps here and there. The version/mod I have throws the RSS indycar all over the place. It's driveable, but definitely not as smooth as this.

I wish LilSki would undertake Mid-Ohio so we can see exactly how bumpy it is (or isn't). More than that, I wish he would do Sebring. Even though sim racing cars are too tough to be shaken to pieces (and/or the races are too short), no one does surfaces better than LilSki, and it would be great to have America's oldest endurance course added to his masterpieces (Bridgehampton, Riverside, the Glen, Elkhart Lake, etc.). Plus, that would increase the chances that we might see the classic 12-hour on the ever-increasing coverage of eRacing on TV/streaming.

A question friend, I don't know if I understand, I downloaded the "addons", from "ks_monza66". It's just the layout and skins, or the cars will go through the chicanes, after the pits, and the Ascari variant, I saw them, at the test weekend I did, but no car goes through them. I misunderstood, that is, just skins and layout, did I install it wrong? Thank you very much in advance.

I had the same prob.

Ok this works and works well. like Bherm said, all is correct.

A little additional info. first three lines are for cars infront of you when you drive and the mirror for the ones behind. It's not like RF2, where 12 means 12 closest around you. Moving on, the numbers are reversed. What that means: last number shows total amount of cars shown (28 in this case), third number means: of those 28, 16 are quality lod c or better, second number means: of those 16, 8 are lod B or better, and the first means: of those 8, 3 are lod A. So by default we see 3 lod A, 5 lod B, 8 lod C and 12 lod D cars in front of us.

Maybe an example. I want to see max 14 cars in front of me and max 3 in the mirror. Of those i want 3 to be lod A quality, the rest can be lod D, so the wors quality. I will put in the first line: 3,3,3,14. Behind me, all 3 can be lod D, so i put: 0,0,0,3.

Same story for shadows. If a car is not drawn, you can still see a black shadow of it on the road.

Ok, did a test. Took 30 Guerilla GT4s, as they seem to be the ones that take up most resources. Did this:

MAIN=3, 6, 9, 14
GBUFFER=3, 6, 9, 14
SHADOWS=3, 6, 9, 14
MIRROR=2, 2, 6, 7

And yes there is a difference. It's like chosing to drive with 21 cars for example, even a little better, cause i reduced the quality of some of them. This is nice, i would before get an additional stutter here and there with 24 Gerilla gt4's, but now none with 30 of them.

And now i finally understand why mirrors are such frame killers. If they are off, AC draws only cars in front of you, if they are on, AC draws all cars in the field. Resolution, quality ,... not as important, the amount of cars behind you determins the difference in fps with mirrors on or off. Untill today that is. Now we can easily do 3 or 4 cars in the mirror, and all those in lod D, and we can see massive gains in fps. Especially if you are high in the rankings in a race.

Well, oddly, I haven't this lines:

MAIN=3, 6, 9, 14
GBUFFER=3, 6, 9, 14
SHADOWS=3, 6, 9, 14
MIRROR=2, 2, 6, 7

Neither here graphics_adjustment.ini file in document folder nor here Assetto Corsa root folder .
Now, where can they be? :eek:

You have to add this section manually in the graphic_adjustment.ini file in the document folder. The setting below is my setting

[VISIBLE_CARS]
MAIN=3, 4, 5, 17
GBUFFER=3, 4, 5, 17
SHADOWS=3, 4, 5, 17
MIRROR=2, 3, 4, 6

Well, oddly, I haven't this lines:

MAIN=3, 6, 9, 14
GBUFFER=3, 6, 9, 14
SHADOWS=3, 6, 9, 14
MIRROR=2, 2, 6, 7

Neither here graphics_adjustment.ini file in document folder nor here Assetto Corsa root folder .
Now, where can they be? :eek:
You have to put it in documents, but you should have defaults in root folder. Do you have 1.57 CSP installed? This is a new feature for 1.57.

Thanks very much for the car..! You should have been promoting it here, I didn't realise it was yours. Don't be worried about mentioning your own work :)
Have you looked into PBR shaders yet for the cockpit? These are great for making metallic objects look extremely realistic.
It's only my second mod and I need to learn for PBR Shaders...I saw that on other mod and it's clearly the next level of realism

I wish LilSki would undertake Mid-Ohio so we can see exactly how bumpy it is (or isn't). More than that, I wish he would do Sebring. Even though sim racing cars are too tough to be shaken to pieces (and/or the races are too short), no one does surfaces better than LilSki, and it would be great to have America's oldest endurance course added to his masterpieces (Bridgehampton, Riverside, the Glen, Elkhart Lake, etc.). Plus, that would increase the chances that we might see the classic 12-hour on the ever-increasing coverage of eRacing on TV/streaming.

Unfortunately we do not have a Sebring rendition in AC that comes close to the character of the real track.
The nicest looking one is the Track Reboot Sebring version.
A little more bumpy but in many details problematic one is a RTB built version you can find on RaceDepartment.

Now as far as Sebring goes, the very, very best rendition thus far is the rF2 DLC release of Sebring.
As low as my opinion in general about rF2 is (spitting out some very nonsensical tire related telemetry data first and foremost), Studio123 has absolutely knocked it out of the park with their Sebring DLC track and the incredible quality of that track is worth to buy rF2 + Sebring DLC + the GTE car pack if not just for hotlapping and enjoying getting your teeth knocked out and your discs shattered.

I hear their Circuit de la Sarthe is equally impressive but when that released (despite being a huge Le Mans fan) I had rF2 loooong deleted off my hard drive and not installed it since.

I read that Kevin has no interest in building Sebring as he finds the track bland. Thats a shame as it is one of the most important tracks in Porsche racing history.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back