Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,489 comments
Does anybody know if there´s any tutorial on how to create a new layout? Been looking but couldn´t find any.
I want to add a layout with a chicane in the autodromo_ruta2_sudamericano circuit that we use for track days in real life.

thanks again @pk3r72owns and everyone else who worked on your version of WSIR. we're using it in our "Spec P71" racing series online for crown victorias and it's a ton of fun.

104706977_10157394860137849_510398828451324776_o.jpg
104940141_10157394860002849_2603868941625949150_o.jpg

Thank you both.

And a question to all modders. Is there a document that lists all terms used by Kunos. You know, the terms to use inside a fbx file so that when you export it to kn5 its recognized by the game?
Such as ARROW_SPEED, INT_GLASS? Did they ever show somewhere what we should use?

Last edited:
Thank you both.

And a question to all modders. Is there a document that lists all terms used by Kunos. You know, the terms to use inside a fbx file so that when you export it to kn5 its recognized by the game?
Such as ARROW_SPEED, INT_GLASS? Did they ever show somewhere what we should use?
The document is in your AC main folder under SDK\dev take a look through there especially the car pipeline.

I hope everyone joins the new f1 classic forum site https://f1classic.net - it clearly pi**es of sim dream and that can only be a good thing!

And also, some amazing creators on here doing amazing stuff for Assetto - if this thread went boom then having 2 places to live and share up to date Assetto mod gossip and content can only be a good thing. I'm only saying all this as it makes newbies to this thread (who may be takers but some may turn out to be creators) aware of f1classic.net.

You're all doing God's work, but God will be even more impressed (and me eternally grateful) if someone who has more technical modding skill than me (zero), do some justice to the Pembrey track (grass) and make it look a tad more modern! :D

On a serious note, the modding going on here in this thread is taking AC to another level - it's like many of you have now utterly mastered it, and I can't help thinking that peeps who've jumped ship to others sims don't quite realise what awesomeness they're missing out on. :)

Last edited:
I've really enjoy Shaun Clarke's Radical SR3 and have been making skins for my own use as field fillers and posting some pics in the photo thread of this forum. @MrB00 had asked for the Jagermeister skin, so I thought I would share a few of them, if you're interested.
radical skins pic.jpg

Some are based off real schemes such as DHL, JPS, Rothmans, Red Bull, Lowenbrau and others are my own creation.
Here's the link. Enjoy!
https://mega.nz/file/n54BHCIZ#YK3SU21-u4hT8INaNbEJlBXQ8LmNPB0h8nWqN25zbRo

Yes, I just got an email from F1 Classics saying they are moving the website and Mr800 shows the correct link to them. Thanks Mr800
I Registered and looked at the Assetto Corsa tracks section. Right now they dont have all the 4 to 5 pages of individual tracks that was listed on old site. They do have the one post that lists links to many track names. I know some of them are not valid, but it is a start to finding tracks.

Last edited:
If anyone wants, they can find it here.

most of his newest rfactor and forza rips went the 50$ VIP route suprisingly. So don't except his mods to be free again he stated in an angry post that '''This support program was created to seal a pact between you and me, a pact of trust and thanksgiving, to avoid "gimme gimme" and ungrateful kids and in this way select a group of real and motivated enthusiasts'''

Zolder 1967 (ted_zolder67_reworked) - v0.9.1b Rework
Original Author: Unknown
Rework Authors: Teddie, LiquidSkyMan, Fanapryde, Mascot + others

Screenshot_tc_legends_ford_fairlane_zolder67_edited_27-5-120-18-27-50.jpg
upload_2020-6-27_18-58-1.png

Internal track TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Replaced ugly surrounding mountains object ● Removed and added tree objects ● Repositioned floating trees ● Replace unauthentic signage ● Added GrassFx to config ● Added VAO patches ● Created 3 skin packages (listed below)

upload_2020-6-27_18-49-51.png

Thanks and additional credits:
● New AI, track limits & UI-outlines, resized preview, edited in GPS location in JSON by LiquidSkyMan
● Classic Balloons provided by Mascot
● Track logo, WaterFx, and Sections provided by Fanapryde

I'm considering this still in a beta stage. There are other improvements on the 'todo' list. Additional help is needed. Cameras, authentic balloon skins, etc. Get them to me and I'll add them to future releases. Let's see how good we can make this track!!!

NOTE: I've renamed the track folder to help me keep my projects organized. You can delete the older folder named "zolder67_edited".
● Original tracks will have the format: "ted_[track_name]" (These are coming. I've got at least 5 originals in the works already.)
● Rework tracks that I've initiated with a goal of providing our community with at least a "1.0 Reworked" version: "ted_[track_name]_reworked"

Cheers,
Teddie

Guys, I forgot the config files earlier. If you grabbed it earlier, grab it again. New version has a 'b' on the end.

Last edited:
Zolder 1967 (ted_zolder67_reworked) - v0.9.1b Rework
Original Author: Unknown
Rework Authors: Teddie, LiquidSkyMan, Fanapryde, Mascot + others

View attachment 935622 View attachment 935628

Internal track TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Replaced ugly surrounding mountains object ● Removed and added tree objects ● Repositioned floating trees ● Replace unauthentic signage ● Added GrassFx to config ● Added VAO patches ● Created 3 skin packages (listed below)

View attachment 935621

Thanks and additional credits:
● New AI, track limits & UI-outlines, resized preview, edited in GPS location in JSON by LiquidSkyMan
● Classic Balloons provided by Mascot
● Track logo, WaterFx, and Sections provided by Fanapryde

I'm considering this still in a beta stage. There are other improvements on the 'todo' list. Additional help is needed. Cameras, authentic balloon skins, etc. Get them to me and I'll add them to future releases. Let's see how good we can make this track!!!

NOTE: I've renamed the track folder to help me keep my projects organized. You can delete the older folder named "zolder67_edited".
● Original tracks will have the format: "ted_[track_name]" (These are coming. I've got at least 5 originals in the works already.)
● Rework tracks that I've initiated with a goal of providing our community with at least a "1.0 Reworked" version: "ted_[track_name]_reworked"

Cheers,
Teddie

Guys, I forgot the config files earlier. If you grabbed it earlier, grab it again. New version has a 'b' on the end.

Nice work @Teddie keep it up! I haven't had the chance to test it properly but notice your 3rd skin is to remove spectators, is that all it does? Then may I suggest adding a section to the extension config that achieves the same thing but will be more streamlined for those people who don't particularly like spectators. Such an option is available in CSP and will get rid of the need for another skin:

[SPECTATORS]
MESHES = mesh_01, mesh02,

Replace the meshes with actual spectators object meshes.

Nice work @Teddie keep it up! I haven't had the chance to test it properly but notice your 3rd skin is to remove spectators, is that all it does? Then may I suggest adding a section to the extension config that achieves the same thing but will be more streamlined for those people who don't particularly like spectators. Such an option is available in CSP and will get rid of the need for another skin:

[SPECTATORS]
MESHES = mesh_01, mesh02,

Replace the meshes with actual spectators object meshes.

Thanks, man. I think I want to give folks the option to keep spectators if they want, if they're not using the option globally in CM. I actually like racing with them on on some tracks, but not on others (especially hillclimb) so I also make those no spectator skins for hillclimb tracks where the spectators are badly done. But there are some tracks where the spectators are done really well. But I like giving folks as many options as possible. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, man. I think I want to give folks the option to keep spectators if they want, if they're not using the option globally in CM. I actually like racing with them on on some tracks, but not on others (especially hillclimb) so I also make those no spectator skins for hillclimb tracks where the spectators are badly done. But there are some tracks where the spectators are done really well. But I like giving folks as many options as possible. Hope that makes sense.
Of-course, cool man :cheers:

Guys i need help does anybody here know a way to move the tires back? in the showroom they look fine but on the track they pop out on their original form peeps told me that there's a way to do it in the suspension.ini but i can't seem to find it is there a specific line that moves the tire back?
after that i would also need to move the tires up a bit.
View attachment 935495

Well, for starters... if you're looking at it showroom and adjusting data you need to be sure you have ticked the box (Align using data) then go from there. Also be sure that you have removed or renamed the data.acd to data.bak or something or it will continue to read from the acd even when there's an open data folder present. From the looks of it something is off with the wheelbase and if your wheelbase is correct the model is wack, but if the model isn't wack and your wheelbase isn't off then check the cg location.

another stupid question is there a way to reduce the torque without changing the bhp number?
View attachment 935538

Use torque helper and mess around with the turbo and you'll see how to adjust torque.

Hey everyone. Last night I was working my way through the J's and the K's for the duplicate track review project and I got to Kirkistown by @pk3r72owns and noticed the pit lane wasn't working so I fixed it and added a GrassFX config while I was at it. I didn't change anything else so it can safely overwrite the original.

Just some minor things and tested the Kirkistown track and the new changes are very good. I did quick AI race on the DRY version of the track and notice that because of the fast lane line is going by very close to the pit exit is and so is the right side line, that the AI cars briefly go a little bit into pit surface and slow down on allot of laps. Also I notice there is nothing/settings for the main track or ROAD for the SURFACES files. Only thing in the SURFACES files is for settings for the PITS. Pit area does work great.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back