Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,489 comments
Guys i need help does anybody here know a way to move the tires back? in the showroom they look fine but on the track they pop out on their original form peeps told me that there's a way to do it in the suspension.ini but i can't seem to find it is there a specific line that moves the tire back?
after that i would also need to move the tires up a bit.
View attachment 935495
shorten the wheelbase, one of the top settings in supsensions.ini

Another video I found of a trackday in Jacarepagua_br :)

Tall grass, animals running onto the track, and a road surface in such poor condition... it's amazing that this track hasn't been condemned. That's a shame because this track could be so good if it were cleaned up and the surface reconditioned and resurfaced. Of course I know this track is located in a very poor area.

There was a track near me that wasn't this bad, but they closed it about two years ago because it was becoming too dangerous for races. Apparently new student apartments are already being built where it was.

Tall grass, animals running onto the track, and a road surface in such poor condition... it's amazing that this track hasn't been condemned. That's a shame because this track could be so good if it were cleaned up and the surface reconditioned and resurfaced. Of course I know this track is located in a very poor area.

There was a track near me that wasn't this bad, but they closed it about two years ago because it was becoming too dangerous for races. Apparently new student apartments are already being built where it was.

I think Jacarepagua was demolished some years ago, before Rio olympics. :grumpy:

Just wow. Project cars 3 is gonna be one "serious" sim. Waiting for them to announce that they are ditchingand the cockpit view. You know, cause chase cam is the only way to really appreciate these excellent cars and their upgrades:

"Nick Pope: Principal Vehicle Handling Designer: So, for example, by removing tyre wear and fuel usage, we could in turn remove pitstops, which resulted in much closer and more consistent racing. Thus, the whole process of getting to the part that matters most—the actual racing and driving of these amazing cars and their upgrades—became a far easier and more streamlined affair. All these game design decisions have had great results in terms of the racing— with the tyres at their optimal range all the time and fuel at optimal load, there is no break in the action to stop for more fuel or new rubber. It’s pure racing action, and it’s just made Project CARS 3 into a much better racing-driver experience."

I'm extremely unlikely to buy it either way but I don't really see what's wrong with that. I've often wondered in fact why everyone gets so excited about tyre wear and fuel consumption in driving games, fine if you're doing endurance racing but almost all other real life racing would be massively improved if fuel consumption and tyre wear could be eliminated altogether. Tyre management in particular is pretty much the most tedious thing in modern motorsport and one of the principal reasons I gave up on F1 several years ago.

*See that ACC's GT4 DLC is very close and people likely won't use AC's GT4 content very much anymore*

*Notice that this includes the Genesis GT4 and all other GT4 mods released recently*

*Try not to cry*

*Cry a lot*

I wouldn't be too bothered if I was you, most of the GT4 content in AC is fictional or only very vaguely based on reality anyway. Anyone wanting authentic GT4 racing will switch to ACC but then I've never been a massive fan of exactly replicating real racing series, after all what's the point of having hundreds of tracks if you only ever use the same official FIA sanctioned venues and cars?

help , some mod cars do not have exterior sounds , interior sound is good but exterior missing , is there a way to resolve this without replaceing the car sound in CM , also i get this error on cars with no exterior sounds

Capture.PNG

help , some mod cars do not have exterior sounds , interior sound is good but exterior missing , is there a way to resolve this without replaceing the car sound in CM , also i get this error on cars with no exterior sounds
About the Tatuus error: just click it and CM will tell you what is wrong. It's something that the author forgot to do.

Hey everyone. Last night I was working my way through the J's and the K's for the duplicate track review project and I got to Kirkistown by @pk3r72owns and noticed the pit lane wasn't working so I fixed it and added a GrassFX config while I was at it. I didn't change anything else so it can safely overwrite the original.

Great addition. Just for information. There is a version of this track avaiable from Gilles. His track uses the same folder name (so please careful in regards of overwriting) but is different. His version has lots more track side buildings - some of them are realistic, some are fictional. Over all I prefer the version you did post.

Here is his track for comparison:

I think Jacarepagua was demolished some years ago, before Rio olympics. :grumpy:

I should have added, "if it hasn't been condemned already." I see it was demolished in 2012.

I hate hearing about a track being shut down and demolished. This would still be a great track today, if it were repaired and cleaned up. However, due to it's location, it's no surprise this has happened.

Jacarepaguá Restored Mod/Version?

I would like to see a version of the mod with the track in a "repaired" state, kind of a "what if" version. Keep the severe bumpy version, but set up another with a smoother road mesh (just don't make it glass smooth).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone. Last night I was working my way through the J's and the K's for the duplicate track review project and I got to Kirkistown by @pk3r72owns and noticed the pit lane wasn't working so I fixed it and added a GrassFX config while I was at it. I didn't change anything else so it can safely overwrite the original.

For anyone downloading this fresh, it has zero cameras, i did these a while back.
I know cameras are in plentiful supply these days on here but might as well have them.
Pop into the data files, the file structure is messed up so all three data files (in dry and wet track files too)

Attachments

• kirkistowncamszip.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 52
Ah I see what you both are talking about. They goofed up on doing the folder structure for Laguna Seca reverse track. All the other kunos tracks they did correctly so you have both the forward and reverse tracks. The AI folder, Data folder should have been put into a separate folder and look how they did the other reverse tracks in how to do it. The way Laguna Seca reverse files are setup in the .2 version will overwrite the forward direction files.

I only installed one of the reverse tracks which was Spa to see how it worked. And if Laguna Seca files/folders were structured like Spa Reverse, you should get both forward and Reverse.
The .2 version of kunos reverse tracks are done pretty good, interesting to go in reverse on Spa.

Added: Corrected: Here is how the Laguna Reverse "file structure" should be. These are just the files from the Race Dept Kunos Reverse tracks version .2 post. You still need the original files for Laguna Forward direction for these to work - cannot give you those. Hopefully they will fix Laguna Reverse in newer updates

Link to correct file structure below:

Thanks a lot !

Hi, I'm searching for a realistic data for Caparo T1, I Saw the link from Apexxer, but it is not working, the actual setup that I m running looks innacurate, because I'm doing 1.02 time on TopGear test track, but the lap time récord for this is nearly 1.10...can anybody help me?

There's a criminal shortage of decent stock 350z mods in AC but I found this one which has issues, but I think might be one of the best.
What do you say @AC Modder, might be a good future project? It'd be good to have a definitive stock 350z worthy of the badge.
The basics are in place and it drives quite nicely but it really needs:
  • PBR shader overhaul
  • cockpit geometry smoothing (door handles, vents etc)
  • new door speaker DDS
  • proper OEM paints
  • new headlight/taillight config
  • wipers
  • cockpit AO
  • tacho needle recentering on its axis

Screenshot_nissan_350z_stock_acu_interlagos90s_27-6-120-18-24-17.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ypp7kcblqfx9o3/nissan_350z_02.7z/file

Last edited:
Which part of CM is that please?
go to the car you want to see then click ok then go to the car's icon on the top left you should see one big circle and 3 other small circles click on the last 3rd cirle that looks like a tool then you need to click on the 3 dots that are near the power curve click on it and 3 options should appear click on the recalculate curves using data only option and there you should see the power of the car.

I'm extremely unlikely to buy it either way but I don't really see what's wrong with that. I've often wondered in fact why everyone gets so excited about tyre wear and fuel consumption in driving games, fine if you're doing endurance racing but almost all other real life racing would be massively improved if fuel consumption and tyre wear could be eliminated altogether. Tyre management in particular is pretty much the most tedious thing in modern motorsport and one of the principal reasons I gave up on F1 several years ago

I get your point fully. But this move speaks volumes about the approach that the developers are taking to the whole concept of a "game", not just this aspect. They have two options when it comes to driving "games", stick to as much realism as possible and with that sacrifice all the casual gamers that play dosens of games every year and buy and play a game for few months before moving to another game or even genre. Or they make the game easier to play, to have the game appeal to bigger masses of players, who are not willing to take months to get to the level when they can start enjoying the game. And they can say it a 100x times, but there is no middle way. Nobody can convince me of that. Codemasters have beeb trying to find the magic formula for this for over 10 years, and they fail every time. And I highly doubt that SMS will be any better off.

And if there was any doubt before, this move seals the deal for me, that SMS clearly chose the second path. They are willing to cut corners to make the game more arcade like to attract more casual gamers. And if they cut the corners here, who knows where else they did that. Once you start cutting corners, there is no stopping anymore. You clearly don't believe that they are gonna have no tyre wear and no fuel consumption, but everything else is gonna be 100% realistic. I don't believe that and neither should you. Why would they stop here? What would be a point in that? Why not eliminate oversteer spinning of the cars for example? That also helps with closer racing. And so on, and so on.

This is moving the game closer to forza or gran turismo and away from AC, Rf2 or even their earlier products. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Not my cup of tea, but a lot of people enjoy arcade racing games. Many more than those that enjoy sims for that matter. So they have every right to do that. But what is ridicolus in this whole story is that they are not willing to let the Sim racing fans go. They want everybody to drive their game. And statements like these insult the intelligence of the sim racing community. Im sorry but they do. They go on and on, on how this is gonna be the most realistic sim, but then they say in the next sentence, that you will be able to drive the same way with a wheel or with a controller. How is that possible. Come on, how ignorant do they think an average Sim Racer is. Just because you slap a name Project cars on the game (which was arguably a sim up until this version) and go around saying this is sim racing at its finest, doesn't make it so. They are greedy and want to take money from both worlds, but if you ask me, they are not gonna be very sucesfull in neither one. And time will tell if I'm right.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back