Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,864 comments
Another great street car:

45307355344_0bf8de8874_b.jpg

my bad, it's not 1993 but 1983, sorry, too lazzy to fix that mistake.

157hp, 190+ km/h, have fun, Mike.

https://mega.nz/#!gkNgFQgT!M7iKdQgYMocs3TyTtG3s9-A90iWfb_3MsKVA38IHXJY

Bazza is working on a GTL '67 update to address:
Bugfixes:
- Reversed Mirrors
- Driver positions
- Steering wheel locations of Honda and Brabham
- Graphical fixes on suspension on some cars

Bazza is working on a GTL '67 update to address:
Bugfixes:
- Reversed Mirrors
- Driver positions
- Steering wheel locations of Honda and Brabham
- Graphical fixes on suspension on some cars
I am glad to hear that, maybe he should use us for beta testing on the next project.:D
We actually drive the cars, new concept.:dunce:

@Mike173 did you also touch the tires on the Supra by any chance.:eek:
331A34566691D71BA46EA2C7F572B344A10E8110

Last edited:
Is the GPL mod an update of the AC Legends F1 1967 mod? The author (Bazza) and cars are similar (only difference is they added Lotus 33). I haven't had the chance to test drive it but if the new one is better can I safely delete the old one without missing anything?

It's the same mod, the new update changed the name and improved things in all aspects

Honestly while I agree that it's annoying some little things that could be easily picked up are not right with the GPL mod, Bazza and co have done an incredible work bringing all these cars to us. It's one of the few mods that are on the same level as Kunos originals in terms of driving feel, and most importantly it's FREE!!! They've also done 4 other packs (Trans Am, GT Classics, Prototype and F1 1975) which are as good in quality. I'm just thankful modding groups like them still exist, which puts passion first and foremost instead of trying to nickel and dime everything they make. Along with VRC and RSS, Bazza's group is probably the top 3 modder in AC right now (and the only one which is completely free & puts out car packs instead of individual vehicles). Keep up the great job guys, there are people out there who really really appreciate the things you're doing 👍👍

As for the cars, the new update does make them feel a lot better. More progressive to drive and strangely a lot more similar to GPL. Obviously FFB and behaviour on the limit is a lot better, but that feeling of rotating the car with minimal steering and throttle input is still the same. IMO the Lotus and Ferrari is even better to drive than Kunos originals!

Jesus Christ guys calm down, Bazza makes very good mods and everyone makes mistakes some times.
From the tone of your post I think it might be you that needs to calm down..! ;)

This is a discussion board and all a few people have done is comment on some frustratingly obvious errors that Bazza has subsequently acknowledged and pledged to fix. That doesn't mean that people aren't grateful for the mod or impressed by it - in fact general praise for this '67 GPL mod has been universal, and well deserved.

The alternative is that everyone pretends all mods are perfect which is neither helpful to the modder or to the users. All criticism has been constructive as far as I can tell, but it's a sad fact that a lot of mods (and some games, eg Project CARS 1 & 2) get released in a 'finished' state but with fundamental errors that are instantly obvious to most users. This is fine for betas or 'nought-point-something' early access but shouldn't really happen with final releases, free or paid.

Edit: Kyalami '67 has been updated on Reboot. Perfect for this '67 GPL mod..!

https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/kyalami1967

20181117.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad to hear that, maybe he should use us for beta testing on the next project.:D
We actually drive the cars, new concept.:dunce:

@Mike173 did you also touch the tires on the Supra by any chance.:eek:
331A34566691D71BA46EA2C7F572B344A10E8110

Mike it seems like all your cars have some passion to levitation, they dont touch the ground

View attachment 782214
i didnot notice that but i believe i know why. Most of mods have erratic tyres size, like here with the supra. Obviously i change the tyre size and put the good size in tyres.ini, unfortunatly that didnt change the visual and the car is now floatting in the air.
I dont know if the physics of the car is modified with the tyre size (never done test for that) but the original ones are:
front: 235/5/R19
rear: 295/5/R19
whot? wallside= 5? never saw that IRL
acording to brand's data, the good size is:
front: 225/50/R16
rear: 245/45/R16
So there is no alternative choice, if you want the car touching the ground you have to use the original tyres.ini
if you prefer racing with the good parameters dont change the tyres.ini file.
Sorry for the inconvenience mates, but only the modder can do something.
Mike.

After work, I'll be grabbing GPL and enjoying the mod. Up until now, I didn't know the mod pack was free. I hope Bazza and company are open to donations. From everything I have read here, the pack is top notch, even with the driver getting his lean on. I'm just happy the driver isnt doing the claw. Then again, that might be funny in it's own right.

i didnot notice that but i believe i know why. Most of mods have erratic tyres size, like here with the supra. Obviously i change the tyre size and put the good size in tyres.ini, unfortunatly that didnt change the visual and the car is now floatting in the air.
I dont know if the physics of the car is modified with the tyre size (never done test for that) but the original ones are:
front: 235/5/R19
rear: 295/5/R19
whot? wallside= 5? never saw that IRL
acording to brand's data, the good size is:
front: 225/50/R16
rear: 245/45/R16
So there is no alternative choice, if you want the car touching the ground you have to use the original tyres.ini
if you prefer racing with the good parameters dont change the tyres.ini file.
Sorry for the inconvenience mates, but only the modder can do something.
Mike.
It is very easy to fix, just go in tyres.ini and change radius.
[FRONT]
NAME=Street
WIDTH=0.2250
RADIUS=0.34500
RIM_RADIUS=0.2160
ANGULAR_INERTIA=1.4273
probably removing 2 or 3 will do the trick. for the supra RADIUS=0.30500 front and back puts the tires back on the ground.
each tire needs to be done.
531C91D186588595A9172347350F5978BBC968BD

Last edited:
About the last GPL 67 for AC, I got the curiosity to compare the "Kunos Lotus 49" and the one reworked by physics from Bazza, It had been initiated after some words seen on a forum.
I read (maybe on the "F1 Classic Forum") something like "the car has better physics than the "original" from Kunos".

Well, I never put my booty in a Lotus 49 (even in a stand !) or any Formula 1, dreamcar, dragster or moon rover BUT... I searched the meaning of the words of these guy and why did he felt it !?
After some deep thoughts, consulting some books about philosophy, the meaning of the life and some scientists publications... I FOUND, the car is just easier to drive !!!
I killed a thousand billions of neurones for this result..!

Now seriously, if someone wants to make a little return on the original GPL from Papyrus (and as an old "GPL addict", I’m aware about the front drive which was completely wrong, It's admitted when you are not like some dummie fanatics !), what were the driving feelings !?
The 7 different cars were absolutely a jewel by physics for their own characteristics (qualities and defaults) and... the Lotus 49 was the faster. That's a fact It was the hardest and the most "vicious" car.
If you was not able to drive it correctely, you was in a sad situation with anger and frustration, and that's the same feeling with the Lotus 49 made by Kunos.

So where is the truth ? There is not !
I can just tell that I felt, with pleasure, a better taste of "the art of driving" with the Lotus 49 from Kunos.
I'm not saying the Lotus 49 from Bazza isn't good and tasty, I'm just saying that I prefer the "original taste" by Kunos. ;-)

I noticed a strange thing with the V8 Cosworth DFV from Bazza..!
It seems, around 6000 rpm, a little and quick acceleration felt by instrument and sound, did you felt it !?
Please, let me know ! ;-)

Cheers Gentlemen ! ;-)

Last edited:
1967 Grand Prix Legends v2.1b hotfix has been released! Y’all know where to find it.

Yeah, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j13m4cjz4058ing/20181125+AC+1967+GPL+2.0++Full+++hotfix+v2.1b.rar

;)

Bugfixes:
- Fixed swapped mirrors
- Improved A-arm fixing points (Brabham, Eagle, Honda)
- Fixed steering wheel position on Honda and Brabham
- Swapped Honda engine sound
- Added shift delays for flappy paddle shifters.

ToDo, mid/ long term:
- Model upgrades for BRM, Cooper and McLaren (quickfix for Mc could be skinning an Eagle)
- LOD's for BT24, Eagle Honda
- Improve sounds

2003 Subaru Impreza JGTC GT300 Updated

View media item 45577
Updated Tires to Version 10

Updated Sound

Fixed Flames

Fixed Dash Cam

Added Traction Control and ABS Options

Various Errors in CM Corrected

Updated Preview

Packed Data into .acd

Download

Pass:Apexxer

Edit 11/24/2018

Corrected Tire Size Issue

Updated Link
Here is the difference between good mods and free "nothing" . First of all, this was RWD subaru , but modder did it AWD...no reason to continue :)

Here is the difference between good mods and free "nothing" . First of all, this was RWD subaru , but modder did it AWD...no reason to continue :)

This. You actually saved me the time to try this out. AC is a simulator, so, the way to get the most out of it is actually "simulating" stuff.
I once even tried an Evo that had DRS.
Keep it real people.

Bwoah !
———————
By the way, I read this morning some good news about the RA300 sound in « F1 Classic ».
I was not alone to get this bad feeling and I saw the same video for example ! ;-)

Gentlemen, I wish you a good day ! ;-)

Last edited:

Like it was very difficult to revert it to RWD. Just be thankful of the time that people invest in trying to improve a paid (or not) mod which was 🤬 in the first place, so that the community that can't invest the same amount of time or doesn't know how fix the issues can enjoy. Sorry if I prefer to drive something that has a minor mistake on it than sign up to a shady website that offers nothing or paying $69,99 (that's $10 more than my PS Plus subscription that gives me 24 games a year) for a freaking car that, in reality is going to get leaked and fixed by someone who knows what's he doing instead of simply ripping and porting something and calling it a day.

This. You actually saved me the time to try this out. AC is a simulator, so, the way to get the most out of it is actually "simulating" stuff.
I once even tried an Evo that had DRS.
Keep it real people.

What kind of Evo was it? Why would you even try to use DRS in an Evo in the first place? It is something so easy to disable that I wouldn't even get mad about it, personally. And finally, I guess that people can't put their personal touches in a car because it's not «actually "simulating" stuff».

/rant

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back