Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,906 comments
how many advertising hosts does GTP load every page and auto refresh?
just some of the DNS requests...
htlb.casalemedia.com
htlb.casalemedia.com.edgekey.net
akamaiedge.net
dualstack.exchange-prod-223589462.eu-central-1.elb amazonaws.com
districtm.io
33xchange-1576862511 us-east-1.elb amazonaws.com
tag.1rx.io
i.clean.gg
aws-fr bidswitch.net
cdn.intergi.com
cds.t4x6h8u2.hwcdn.net
alb-aws-fr-bswx-3-1125904451.eu-central-1.elb amazonaws.com
intergient.com
threadloom.com
cds.b3g8v4w6.hwcdn.net
cds.j3z9t3p6.hwcdn.net
skimresources.com
cds.j3z9t3p6.hwcdn.net
highwinds.com
config.playwire.com
z.moatads.com
static.doubleclick.net

Total of 172 DNS requests to refresh this page.
Total of 64 full HTTPS handshake connections for every page

I have already complained about the new advertisements, this is horrible.

Can't tell with freaking broadband, quick as a flash... but yeah, that is a lot... Imagine anyone nowdays with dial-up... :eek:

BTW, still need to catch up and drive your Alfa 'G' release version for some constructive feedback...

Loch Rannoch v1.00pre
View attachment 978595 View attachment 978596

changelog:
- corrected elevated mesh
- fixed missing shadow on mountain slope
- fixed reflection on water from start obs/flag
- added cams

Routes:
Main (v1.0) - 12 pit/start spots
Freeroam (v0.9) - trackday, freeroam, drift, rally, rallyX, scenic, BETA AI, custom surfaces
Keep Left Route - todo
Reverse - todo
RallyX - todo

Bugs:
Freeroam AI is very imperfect and beta, worth a try w/trackday
Freeroam shaders and other bits are not release quality

Suggested main road cars: DRM, Hillclimb, Vintage GT/TC, etc
Suggested freeroam cars: Alfa GTam, ACLegends TC, WRC/Rally, Drift

credit:
rF conversion - @RMi_wood
main route smooth mesh - @TheRealCeeBee
main route AI - @LiquidSkyMan
main route camera - @DaBaeda
Textures including water are from the original rF sources

:: DOWNLOAD ::

please report any unknown bugs in main layout, thank you
link???

That's a fun "all-out" track, with plenty of run-off area if you screw up a turn. I ran a few test laps in the Pavey Longhood.

The quality is okay, but a bit dated, and the visible track surface needs a few more polygons to round them out better, and it definitely needs cameras (@DaBaeda ?).

Cams for Olavarria Track.
Thanks to damone13x for the track.
Thanks to imported_ApexVGear for posting the track.
Have Fun.

Attachments

• aa_olavarria_cams.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 370
Can't tell with freaking broadband, quick as a flash... but yeah, that is a lot... Imagine anyone nowdays with dial-up... :eek:

BTW, still need to catch up and drive your Alfa 'G' release version for some constructive feedback...

So much good feedback about 99c, which was not "perfect spec suspension (and received complaints from 2 people who drive with controllers, but know lots about physics, and how my inaccuracies let the car down)", Another tried to compare my physics to the rF2 version, acting like I disrespected the original work. The rF2 has physics so bad the car is not driveable, has no semblance of a real spec anywhere and the model was 12% too big.

I have been tempted to release an optional data.acd based on v0.99c
Will be nice to hear your feedback, thanks

This will probs sound like a pretty dumb question, but where typically would you find the torque figures in the car data files??? perfectly well acquainted with power figures, but torque is seemingly absent from my looking.

its not Xmas, is it?
Toad Circuit is not released. (it is however ready and 1.0)
Other tracks like Mario Sherbet Land are available in beta. They will be updated and released as a Xmas special.
View attachment 978620

I was responding to this and thought it was released. Don't be snotty...(its not Xmas, is it?)

upload_2020-12-16_14-35-9.png

So much good feedback about 99c, which was not "perfect spec suspension (and received complaints from 2 people who drive with controllers, but know lots about physics, and how my inaccuracies let the car down)", Another tried to compare my physics to the rF2 version, acting like I disrespected the original work. The rF2 has physics so bad the car is not driveable, has no semblance of a real spec anywhere and the model was 12% too big.

No probs Donnie 👍... TBH still stuck liking your 'C' release - coincidence? Have all your releases to date, so to fairly compare against... It will take some time though...

upload_2020-12-17_6-40-25.png

link fixed for Loch Rannoch
(sorry it was those adverts loading up my laptop)
to be honest, when I clicked the link in the quote, it was there and worked.
thus was my response! But clearly your second quote the link was missing and from the post!

Track is loading without issues in both CM and AC launcher for me

Last edited:
This will probs sound like a pretty dumb question, but where typically would you find the torque figures in the car data files??? perfectly well acquainted with power figures, but torque is seemingly absent from my looking.

2 files:
engine,ini and power.lut

every dyno sheet should show torque. Google images is your friend here
Unfortunately its not easy to extrapolate 1 figure to a curve from a standard spec listing, however you will know 2 things:

example engine spec:
300nm Torque @ 4000rpm
400hp @ 8000 rpm

1. your torque figure can never exceed 300mn before or after that 4000rpm
2. same for HP.

I use the CM curve generator for visualization and hand edit my curves
but some people use https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/

note: be sure to set powerloss, i think that calc uses 30% which is rather high even for a 4wd street car. I use 13% as a rule

Last edited:
2 files:
engine,ini and power.lut

every dyno sheet should show torque. Google images is your friend here
Unfortunately its not easy to extrapolate 1 figure to a curve, however you will know 2 things:

example engine spec:
300nm Torque @ 4000rpm
400hp @ 8000 rpm

1. your torque figure can never exceed 300mn before or after that 4000rpm
2. same for HP.

I use the CM curve generator for visualization and hand edit my curves
but some people use https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/

note: be sure to set powerloss, i think that calc uses 20% which is rather high even for a 4wd street car. I use 13% as a rule

ah, so it's kind of relative all other things regarding power and TL then? thanks for that! i was starting to question my sanity regarding that a little bit.

it also doesn't help when some mods have figures that are wildly inaccurate to reality. like the AG/Assettoland Marcos LM 600 GT2 (The car which spurned this question) was about 200kg overweight and 60-75hp of of the real thing.

how many advertising hosts does GTP load every page and auto refresh?

just some of the DNS requests...
htlb.casalemedia.com
htlb.casalemedia.com.edgekey.net
akamaiedge.net
dualstack.exchange-prod-223589462.eu-central-1.elb amazonaws.com
districtm.io
33xchange-1576862511 us-east-1.elb amazonaws.com
tag.1rx.io
i.clean.gg
aws-fr bidswitch.net
cdn.intergi.com
cds.t4x6h8u2.hwcdn.net
alb-aws-fr-bswx-3-1125904451.eu-central-1.elb amazonaws.com
intergient.com
threadloom.com
cds.b3g8v4w6.hwcdn.net
cds.j3z9t3p6.hwcdn.net
skimresources.com
cds.j3z9t3p6.hwcdn.net
highwinds.com
config.playwire.com
z.moatads.com
static.doubleclick.net

Total of 172 DNS requests to refresh this page.
Total of 64 full HTTPS handshake connections for every page

I have already complained about the new advertisements, this is horrible.
You've moaned about it in this thread but I don't see a complaint about it.

You also can't expect the site owner to see every single post in every single forum.

Comments, complaints and suggestions concerning GTPlanet go here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/site-support.5/

Cams for Olavarria Track.
Thanks to damone13x for the track.
Thanks to imported_ApexVGear for posting the track.
Have Fun.

Thanks @damone13x, that's a good job and the track is fun to drive, I noticed though there's no pit_lane file in the ai folder, could this be fixed?

Last edited:
Hello! Has anyone got RainFx for jr_mosport (Mosport 2019), or indeed any other version of the track, that they could post? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: sorry I just found Mosport 2020 has it. I am hoping it will transfer across

Last edited:

I feel like I need to comment on this, since I already have commented about the c and d versions of the car. 0.99g is very very good, best of both worlds.

Main "problem" for me is the difference at the brake feeling. c version had more "immediate" brake feeling, that first bite of the brakes you could feel it when you slightly press them on a 670Kgr car in order to maintain speed and to position the car before the corner. g version needs more press in order to return the correct feeling. Of course it is also a matter of equipment. I am using the T3GT pedal set with brake mod installed, if this will make any difference to your approach, or will help you understand what I am talking about.

In any case the car is a pure beast and is always fun to drive it - at 0.99c & 0.99g versions.

P.S. Negative feedbacks will always be present, mainly from users with gamepads, because in our case i.e. a slight press at the gamepad will result to instant lock of the brakes. They are the same testers I believe that lead modders of GT3 cars with giant ceramic brakes to calibrate them in a way that when you press the brakes at 200 km/h to get the feeling that you have drum brakes all around.......

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back