Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,855 comments
Thank you for the track! is that Porsche 924 GTP?! Please if you would let us know where to get it?
924 GTP/GTU/GTO is not released yet, the interior dials are wonky
(physics are done along with matching VIN # skins and specs for 3 versions based on real data)
I did write @Shokeus for an update as I have a v.02 and applied it to my v0,01 but there was no fix.
Another bug is the front left (maybe all) the wheels are off-center axis and produce a "wobble"
AFIAK only v0.02 (with my physics) was ever "released"

Unless these bugs are fixed (not by me) I cant see any reason to release this car THB

Last edited:
Brainerd/Donnybrooke

edit: if someone wanted to maybe, i dunno, make side-lines and maybe some AI for the 2 variants I'd be very appreciative, since the track layout most likely isn't going to change (aside from the bumps)

Hi, I tried to make a decent AI-solution for the main layout. But that is not easy. The challenge is the big step across the road after start/finish-straight. Most racecars driven by the AI get airborne here. I forced them to reduce speed dramatically with an AI_hints.ini.

Please give it a try. For street legal cars the value in the AI_hint file can be changed or disbled completely.

The track looks verys nice.

Attachments

• gb_brainerd.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
ACTK Ford GT40 MKII '66 v1.6.1
Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Add animation Wipers
Extended physics for rain integrated in data.acd
CSP required
Download http://www.assetto-fr.tk in public section

Screenshot_actk_ford_gt40mk2_spa_2-0-121-2-57-6.jpg

Screenshot_actk_ford_gt40mk2_spa_2-0-121-2-57-48.jpg
Update 3d model, thanks @Josuracer
Add news skins, thanks @gergerger

Last edited:
Mine is set for 1080 but I am literally turning it until the wheel on screen quits turning. Everything works great on tracks except Monaco. I can get a formula 2 around the turn just not F1 cars. Again, I do not race them much and when I do, it wont be on Monaco anyway. I just do not like the track. I am currently running GT3's around Bathurst to try to get better there. Very challenging track but fun.
You cannot change steering ratio of the car by fiddling with settings of your steering wheel. The problems is in the physics of the Formula Hybrid 2020. There is fixed steering ratio 13,5:1. However IRL the teams use lower value for Monaco race, for example 11,5:1 or something like this. You need to change car.ini in data.acd to do it.

Last edited:
924 GTP/GTU/GTO is not released yet, the interior dials are wonky
(physics are done along with matching VIN # skins and specs for 3 versions based on real data)
I did write @Shokeus for an update as I have a v.02 and applied it to my v0,01 but there was no fix.
Another bug is the front left (maybe all) the wheels are off-center axis and produce a "wobble"
AFIAK only v0.02 (with my physics) was ever "released"

Unless these bugs are fixed (not by me) I cant see any reason to release this car THB
Thanks for your info. I hope it will be finished someday

Hi, I tried to make a decent AI-solution for the main layout. But that is not easy. The challenge is the big step across the road after start/finish-straight. Most racecars driven by the AI get airborne here. I forced them to reduce speed dramatically with an AI_hints.ini.

Please give it a try. For street legal cars the value in the AI_hint file can be changed or disbled completely.

The track looks verys nice.

Edit - ok now, thank you

Last edited:
Update 3d model, thanks @Josuracer
Add news skins, thanks @gergerger
Thanks for the updates.
There's a small black object floating between the dashboard and the windscreen - maybe part of the windscreen wiper?
Also, quite a few cockpit elements are pure bright white so look unshaded, including the transmission tunnel (which seems to have some broken geometry).
Could these please get some attention if there's time?

You cannot change steering ratio of the car by fiddling with settings of your steering wheel. The problems is in the physics of the Formula Hybrid 2020. There is fixed steering ratio 13,5:1. However IRL the teams use lower value for Monaco race, for example 11,5:1 or something like this. You need to change car.ini in data.acd to do it.

@kimiraik @mrtomcat66

Go to Settings>Assetto Corsa>Controls and look at the Steering setup. For my T300RS, "Degrees" is set to 1080, and "Auto-adjust scale to match car's steer lock" is on or checked. Test different settings with the Formula Hybrid 2020 and other cars. If you watch my video and observe the steering rotation, with the correct line, I can make the Grand Hotel Hairpin with the Formula Hybrid 2020.

I'm not sure how the settings affect the Logitech wheels. Thrustmaster wheels (TX, T300RS, TS-PC Racer) seem to be completely integrated with AC's control and FF system, almost as if they developed and tested AC while using these wheels. Of the different sims I use, they provide great feedback, but in AC, it's excellent, and every car drives as I would expect with the settings above, as long as the car/mod was set up with the correct steering ratio.

Finally got to this print, doing a MATRA one next for this wheel, will cast them in brass at work next week

View attachment 982431

View attachment 982432

Looks great! Do the bolt heads fit as expected? I often have to compensate for some contraction on FDM prints. I'll probably get a large-volume resin printer sometime later this year. In the interim, my 3D printer dealer might give me a deal on one of the smaller models.

This is the "mod" I recently completed for Thrustmaster wheels, an upgrade that replaces the stock collar, so it only takes a 1/4-turn to release and attach wheel rims, and doesn't require a screwdriver. It's printed with durable ABS and thick outer walls. I've been testing it for a couple of weeks, repeatedly swapping wheels between driving sessions, and it works perfectly. It's been tested on a TX and T300RS, and a TS-PC Racer is arriving tomorrow for testing installation and extended use, with it's different internals and higher torque.

TM-QUICK-R_20-1220_0392.jpg TM-QUICK-R_20-1220_0393.jpg

Unfortunately, an STL for this can't be shared.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know wheel texture is pretty bad actually. I'm working on it.
For the exhaust flames, there is no change since 0.1.0. Did you activate "New flames" in CSP - Particles FX ?

I was refering to the exhaust tail pipes which are not seen anymore

Look great! Do the bolt heads fit as expected? I often have to compensate for some contraction on FDM prints. I'll probably get a large-volume resin printer sometime later this year. In the interim, my 3D printer dealer might give me a deal on one of the smaller models.

This is the "mod" I recently completed for Thrustmaster wheels, an upgrade that replaces the stock collar, so it only takes a 1/4-turn to release and attach wheel rims, and doesn't require a screwdriver. It's printed with durable ABS and thick outer walls. I've been testing it for a couple of weeks, repeatedly swapping wheels between driving sessions, and it works perfectly. It's been tested on a TX and T300RS, and a TS-PC Racer is arriving tomorrow for testing installation and extended use, with it's different internals and higher torque.

View attachment 982434 View attachment 982435

Unfortunately, an STL for this can't be shared.
Resin for casting purposes is very tight, a little pricier but for a reason, typically 0.1 to0.15% shrinkage to be expected in the print but that is offset in the cast cycle where the casting powder expands, usually under 0.5% total

Finally figured out how to crunch the 1 meter DEM data into useable sizes in Blender, without loosing too much detail for both Nasho and Ten Mile but decided to do ten mile first.

A few questions:

1. ANyone know of a texture painting tool that allows me to paint texture directly onto the meshes that will work for reimport to Blender? I have 3dcoat but it exports its own UVMAP that Blender will not play with nicely and this track requires a LOT of dynamic painting of those rockfaces around the edges... :(

2. Bump Map texture in Assetto, when I assign them they "work" on faraway thing like mountain sides, but when I try assign them on things like the rockfaces next to the road they are flat. Anyone understand how to "increase" the bump map to make it more obvious on items closer to the road?

video of the rockfaces I am trying to emulate, prefer not to have to model it, track will be killer heavy as it is with tree meshes.

Looks like you're doing just fine, tedious tweaking and manoeuvring, but ok... Way way ahead in modelling skills... In terms of paint apps, currently using Gimp and PhotoScape-X, and not familiar with Blender import capabilities that may be of assistance - can check and see - what import-format is best which blender plays better with?

Last edited:
This is the great Porsche GT2 RS 2018 by Kass.
Can somebody fix it for rainfx?

Please!

Remaining Post!
Hello Modders,
don´t want to disagree somebody, but still need some help, please.
I downloaded Blender and watched on youtube some instructions to make windsheelds and wipers for rainfx.
I always get disappointed about my results.
Can somebody help me?
Or can somebody give me contact-infos from M.Kass who did this mod?
It´s my favorite mod-car. It´s very fast and in my opinion very realistic to drive.
Thanks.

This is the great Porsche GT2 RS 2018 by Kass.
Can somebody fix it for rainfx?

Please!
Here´s a picture about my problem!
No wipers, no windshield for rainfx.
How to fix it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_porsche_911_gt2_rs_2018_gt_autodromo_lago_maggiore_3-0-121-15-30-52.jpg
    Screenshot_porsche_911_gt2_rs_2018_gt_autodromo_lago_maggiore_3-0-121-15-30-52.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 36
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back