Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
I mean racing is always not really just about talent to climb the ladder. Even if you have talent without some luck and ability to get funding you are pretty much stuck where you can afford. Even if you are F1 level talent. And you can't really prove any of that talent without being in a car...

GT Academy was really the beginning of what I'd call non-conventional path into racing. And more and more of that kind of path is starting to show itself, as a sign of time of how money can be made. In a sense Jimmy's way is more "self-made" than much of other methods available out there. To commit to do Youtube being a full time gig is by no means easy and its cool to see that grows into something different....all the power to him...

Last edited:
Back to mods, did more racing with the VRC ByCollin, Peugeot905's Rebellion R13 and the GTP DPi with Kunos' LMP1 cars(using NAGP? Sebring). I think VRC car balances pretty much perfectly(98-100% AI) with the 2016 919 Hybrid. The DPi is potentially too fast(I had to manually set the AI level to slower using ~94%, I think it can probably go to 96%, this this with 919 AI at 100%). Rebellion has to be slowed down as well( I ended up with 92% AI and also had to add ballast and restrictor, the AI can go like 1:39s if left untouched, I've not done faster than 1:42s without doing any real setup in the car, I can do 1:43s consistently in the Porsche/VRC cars). I had like 4-5 laps of the race in the beginning where the cars were doing nose to tail like this with me in the Porsche, it was pretty fun.

ACtC-3e5dUL9wIU4PRBlW95pcRrEGczLKCWqbTfTl93DbpvZugfjnN8usUvNa8vmyojAIhp-B2L_WhHGJOeCb35E7BNnwn-586jUYNiUYk_4JAGZJeMqFA6TLFjYxsFfuJ0I8ZOl2FhRKSPY9F3yvH7t2eqKcQ=w2560-h1440-no

ACtC-3dsXrVW6sepwAKliL-DJC9_xs5PhXs1hoR5-rrVv54XOqLDHZQaD2xwmlb5qlnkI6q89WAI2Rg7Nvbso8P3zJ4ZvZFgLRwjmNOKifstZj36lo4e1dBpKq_kV6NOgBrq46-BKK_ElgP6UnAN9IKeXhm4GA=w2560-h1440-no

I wouldn't know as I don't watch him. Certainly not interested in these weird cults where people just hand over money to people in donations because they are watching them do something that they could be doing themselves....
I find it really weird, but each to their own i guess...
You're not the only one who finds it weird. I guess some fans of these YouTubers are so desperate for validation by their heroes that they'll donate a sizeable chunk of cash in the desperate hope that they'll be namechecked live on screen. No wonder some YouTubers can earn more than heart surgeons by sitting in their bedrooms. The world has gone quite mad.
The cult of celebrity has got a lot to answer for and it's yet another reason to fear for the long-term future of our species.

(edit: and before anyone pipes up this isn't a direct attack on Jimmy Broadbent or any of the other YouTube celebrities. It's more a comment on the general stupidity of Joe Public).

Last edited:
From Fecebook. This is not my mod.

Fun to drive. For a lower powered car with wide tires, it's very forgiving and stays planted most of the time.

If you want manual shifting with an H-Pattern, go to the data folder, open drivetrain.ini, and set SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1 (instead of 0), or you can copy my edited drivetrain.ini (attached) into the mod's data folder.

Yori Yamamoto
5h ·

AE86 Update! This car easily can ride Tsukuba circuit under 58 sec!
Here some specs:
Power - 240 bhp
Torque - 184 Nm
Weight - 900 kg
Max speed - 260 km/h
Acceleration 0-100 km/h - 4.6 sec
https://drive.google.com/.../1OAXqu1RCyZdwCbeMVR1.../view...

preview.jpg

Attachments

• ya_toyota_ae86_trd drivetrain [data folder].zip
    949 bytes · Views: 88
Version 3.0 - Released 2021.02.28
Renault Mégane Trophy II (2009)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod
• RealAKP for the precious collaboration

FEATURING

• scratch made physics (as always)
• CSP aero maps
• brakes thermodynamics
• Michelin S8B tire model
• VAO patch

CHANGELOG v3.0

Aerodynamic
• revised body aero maps
• added front brake ducts aero influence

Powertrain
• tweaked auto-shifter (grip threshold and cut-off time)
• slightly increased allowed overrevving in downshift

Suspensions, brakes and tyres
• added Michelin S8B tire type
• implemented CSP DBW2 suspensions type
• implemented CSP bumpstop progressive spring
• implemented CSP brakes thermodynamics
• revised suspensions setup

Visual
• tweaked shaders
• minor changes on materials
• changed PBR carpaint material
• revised PBR interior materials
• added dirt on windscreen
• corrected mirrors texture
• regenerated VAO patch

Other changes
• added AI fuel consumption evaluation
• adjusted collider position
• revised setup options
• sounds volume on par with Kunos
• regenerated kn5 LoD files
• updated CM previews

DOWNLOAD

Wow! GOOD GRIP! this thing sticks and on the edge you can still get it back. Really nice job! Thanks for sharing!:cheers:

I apologize, but I had to reupload the Pescarolos, as I forgot to clear the folders from old sfx files, thus "overweighting" the download.
Neilb's Pescarolo Sport rework v0.25:
__custom_showroom_1614539205 (2).jpg

Download(405mb)

And here are all the Orecas I've made so far.
Neilb's Oreca 03 rework v0.1:
__custom_showroom_1614538993 (2).jpg

Download(290mb)

As always, all credit goes to original creators and NeilB1971. If theres something wrong with it, let me know and I will try to fix it. Cheers:cheers:

Last edited:
I apologize, but I had to reupload the Pescarolos, as I forgot to clear the folders from old sfx files, thus "overweighting" the download.
Neilb's Pescarolo Sport rework v0.25:
View attachment 994713

Download(405mb)

And here are all the Orecas I've made so far.
Neilb's Oreca 03 rework v0.1:
View attachment 994712

Download(290mb)

As always, all credit goes to original creators and NeilB1971. If theres something wrong with it, let me know and I will try to fix it. Cheers:cheers:

Thank you for your great work.

Version 3.0 - Released 2021.02.28
Renault Mégane Trophy II (2009)
CSP v0.1.72 or above required

CREDITS
• AssettoGarage for the base mod
• RealAKP for the precious collaboration

FEATURING

• scratch made physics (as always)
• CSP aero maps
• brakes thermodynamics
• Michelin S8B tire model
• VAO patch

CHANGELOG v3.0

DOWNLOAD

Thankx a lot. Unfortunatly this is one of the few mods (like some of the GT4 cars posted here lately) the instantly crashes with a "race cancelled" Message, meaning even selecting practice it won't start but CM gives me the"Race Cancelled" message (i'm on CSP 0.1.72-preview1 and CM 0.8.2245.37760 and SOL 2). Anyone maybe got a tip for me?

I mean racing is always not really just about talent to climb the ladder. Even if you have talent without some luck and ability to get funding you are pretty much stuck where you can afford. Even if you are F1 level talent. And you can't really prove any of that talent without being in a car...

GT Academy was really the beginning of what I'd call non-conventional path into racing. And more and more of that kind of path is starting to show itself, as a sign of time of how money can be made. In a sense Jimmy's way is more "self-made" than much of other methods available out there. To commit to do Youtube being a full time gig is by no means easy and its cool to see that grows into something different....all the power to him...

GT Academy was a great publicity stunt, but many drivers in that, certainly Jan were already heading the right way anyway.

Anyway it is what it is. Regardless i am looking forward to seeing Jimmy race, he's done some karting and some track days, i guess they will stick him in a quick driver programme which will teach him the main stuff.

To clarify, i have no animosity towards Jimmy, I just don't don't understand these 'fans' who donate money on live streams for hours.
If he wants to exploit them then good on him.

SirSpats has just announced his £2.99 a month join up fee on youtube to get some avatars and badges..... i get why they do it...i don't get why people pay for this stuff.

New age of interactivity I guess? If people don't consume traditional content anymore(TV or whatever) and being able to interact with the content creator is something the traditional media don't offer?

I feel like a great many people, even without winning the GT Academy got a good boost out of pretty much otherwise non-existent career in racing related field. Even if I guess in the end they may or may not made a successful career out of the experience. Jann being the most successful and probably the luckiest perhaps in terms of landing in the right team and the right event. Heitkotter who the same year won the US competition didn't get as good of a draw. But I think he still would not end up being involved into a racing/driving related field(I think he does driver coaching now) without that. He was a multi-time SCCA national champs in autocrossing before he won the GT Academy so its not like he was unfamiliar with hustling a car fast, but people don't end up turning that into a job normally.

At the end of the day most mass consumed media and commercial interests are about turning eye balls into $$$. The products is whatever the person can think of to market, as long as its nothing illegal or nefarious I think its interesting what can be marketed into real $$$.

I guess some fans of these YouTubers are so desperate for validation by their heroes that they'll donate a sizeable chunk of cash in the desperate hope that they'll be namechecked live on screen. No wonder some YouTubers can earn more than heart surgeons by sitting in their bedrooms

People donate because they appreciate the entertainment he provides. He makes money the same way Tiger Woods does: people like to watch him do what he does. All those Tiger Woods fans could play golf themselves, Tiger Woods makes "more than heart surgeons" for playing a game, etc.

Maybe you're too old to "get" YouTube. I think I can say that because a) I'm 66 and b) I didn't get into watching YouTubers till I got into sim racing and discovered a lot of the info I wanted was in YouTube video by the likes of Jimmy Broadbent, Chris Haye, Boosted Media, Barry Rowland (another old guy), and so on. At first I grumbled, "why aren't these guys writing blogs, why do I have to watch a video, blah, blah" but I decided to accept that that's the way it is these days (hell, I really preferred pre-web Usenet, truth be told). I'm more of a fan of scripted content (Chris Haye is great at this - a real artist with AC visuals) than streaming, but while I never watch long streams in full watching people drive the same tracks as I do can be instructive.

As for Jimmy Broadbent, check out some of his older video where he talks about his struggles with mental issues and how sim racing and joining YouTube helped him, and look at the charity races he's held to raise money for mental health. He's a guy from a background that usually precludes getting into motorsport and he's found an alternate path to a drive a real race car. It's really not so different than some rich "gentleman driver" getting into racing via his bank account, but when the race starts everyone has to be at least somewhat competent.

I don't mean to be too critical of your attitude towards YouTubers; to each his own. Buy you might be missing some stuff you'd really enjoy.

Thankx a lot. Unfortunatly this is one of the few mods (like some of the GT4 cars posted here lately) the instantly crashes with a "race cancelled" Message, meaning even selecting practice it won't start but CM gives me the"Race Cancelled" message (i'm on CSP 0.1.72-preview1 and CM 0.8.2245.37760 and SOL 2). Anyone maybe got a tip for me?

As written in the post, this mod need at least 0.1.72.
Preview1 is prior to that version.

Certainly not interested in these weird cults where people just hand over money to people in donations because they are watching them do something that they could be doing themselves....
I find it really weird, but each to their own i guess...

Weird cult ? People have been paying for entertainment for ages, and guess what ; Youtube is... Entertainment. It's a new form of work, too, and you wouldn't turn down the money if you were doing that eh ? It's another thing 'old' people don't get, I guess ? After all you pay for the cinema, concerts or football - things you could be doing yourself.
I only donated one time - and it was for SuperGT's charity stream (the 200 Laps of Nürburgring 24H). Why ? He deserved it and he's a pretty sound guy.
Now people donating 50-100€... That's another story. But saying it's a weird cult is a bit mean.

People donate because they appreciate the entertainment he provides. He makes money the same way Tiger Woods does: people like to watch him do what he does. All those Tiger Woods fans could play golf themselves, Tiger Woods makes "more than heart surgeons" for playing a game, etc.

Maybe you're too old to "get" YouTube. I think I can say that because a) I'm 66 and b) I didn't get into watching YouTubers till I got into sim racing and discovered a lot of the info I wanted was in YouTube video by the likes of Jimmy Broadbent, Chris Haye, Boosted Media, Barry Rowland (another old guy), and so on. At first I grumbled, "why aren't these guys writing blogs, why do I have to watch a video, blah, blah" but I decided to accept that that's the way it is these days (hell, I really preferred pre-web Usenet, truth be told). I'm more of a fan of scripted content (Chris Haye is great at this - a real artist with AC visuals) than streaming, but while I never watch long streams in full watching people drive the same tracks as I do can be instructive.

As for Jimmy Broadbent, check out some of his older video where he talks about his struggles with mental issues and how sim racing and joining YouTube helped him, and look at the charity races he's held to raise money for mental health. He's a guy from a background that usually precludes getting into motorsport and he's found an alternate path to a drive a real race car. It's really not so different than some rich "gentleman driver" getting into racing via his bank account, but when the race starts everyone has to be at least somewhat competent.

I don't mean to be too critical of your attitude towards YouTubers; to each his own. Buy you might be missing some stuff you'd really enjoy.
You seem to think I was talking about Broadbent even though I specifically said I was talking in general terms about the cult of YouTube "celebrity".
I do watch Barry as his content actually appeals to me but I'd never consider donating to him (or any of them) because they're already making a good wedge from ad revenue. I'm already paying by having to watch all those friggin' adverts for them. I'd rather give the money to cancer research or some other more deserving cause, but that's just my opinion. I fully accept that other people can spend their own money however they like. I just wonder sometimes why they do it.

Weird cult ? People have been paying for entertainment for ages, and guess what ; Youtube is... Entertainment. It's a new form of work, too, and you wouldn't turn down the money if you were doing that eh ? It's another thing 'old' people don't get, I guess ? After all you pay for the cinema, concerts or football - things you could be doing yourself.
I only donated one time - and it was for SuperGT's charity stream (the 200 Laps of Nürburgring 24H). Why ? He deserved it and he's a pretty sound guy.
Now people donating 50-100€... That's another story. But saying it's a weird cult is a bit mean.

It's all a weird cult these days. Just look at politics.... but anyway. Steering well clear from talking about modded content now and as it was my fault, before the mods pop in i'll say, each to there own, so long as it doesn't cause harm or division crack on.

And Jimmy is actually a very small fish in a bigger pond, the fortnite youtubers and minecrafters make multi millions.

Last edited:
As written in the post, this mod need at least 0.1.72.
Preview1 is prior to that version.
I'm with the 1.72 preview 1 and it works very well, I don't really want to change to have problems. I prefer to wait for a version that has been tested without bugs.
For those who have tested the latest versions of CSP, which is the safest: 1.73 preview 1 or 1.74 preview 4?

So here is my basic updated version:
https://sharemods.com/5jid6puxnpba/mission_redone_v0.01.7z.html

All I did were some material updates and a basic config with GrassFX.
At everyone: feel free to improve it further. It's just a beginning.

Thanks for the update @gunnar333... Don't mind if I do! However, to get it done properly, I feel the pit-grid would be best relocated to another position...

WIP
For the time being though, a few gem-features have been added, like:
- revised/improved pit AI-lane (now working in Track-day mode)
- track & ambient lighting
- rain FX
- assorted close-up and distant cameras
- semaphore (green) lighting

mission_redone__improved-ai-lane.jpg

As can be seen from the 1st image above, the AI has a hard time locating the pit-exit. Instead, the AI ends up piling-up - not anymore!

mission_redone__day-night.jpg

Will endeavour to complete in the next few days... currently under heavy test/review... In the meantime, enjoy the video, cheers.

Last edited:
I'm with the 1.72 preview 1 and it works very well, I don't really want to change to have problems. I prefer to wait for a version that has been tested without bugs.
For those who have tested the latest versions of CSP, which is the safest: 1.73 preview 1 or 1.74 preview 4?
I have no complaints about 1.74p4 so far. The performance increases have been nice too.

Thanks for this. 1,300+ tracks and many I don't have yet....1st one I tried was Gingerman and it is broken a lil....

It doesn't have an AI line so I did a dirty basic one to get it going. I also baked a VAO patch(not sure if it made a difference?)

The grass is horrendous. If anyone within the group here that can do grassfx, it could use it badly.

What drew me to it first was the cool timing tower in the picture for the track. There isn't one building structure around the whole track, so that could use a more advanced fix.

https://mega.nz/file/jLohyahJ#ky94RQIfpTGengfIbtKo21kY6-4cHmB3x-QT2Af1wy8

These are just tracks I find, i think it may be an abandoned project at this point which is a bummer because Gingerman is the track everyone in the Midwest seems to use to gauge how fast they are in real life (time attack), so i would have figured it would have been a bit more clean haha.

Last edited:
On behalf of the Reboot Team:

Screenshot_ag_porsche_996_gt3_2004_nrms_acu_chicago_street_28-1-121-1-21-28.jpg

Chicago Street from GRiD Autosport version 1.2

v1.2 notes:

• now fully vanilla ac compatible
  • added cams by DaBaeda
  • added rain_fx
  • adjusted lit config, added lit pollution, fixed some issues with buildings
  • added some balloons flying off on start finish
  • added Easter egg in a window somewhere on the track, with CSP enabled (and particleFX/smoke on) you can find it a bit easier ;)
  • if you think the track is too dark, remove vao-patch: "acu_chicago_street.vao-patch"

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ctp5h01a1goqmq1/acu_chicago_street.7z/file

Many thanks to all who contributed and to ACU for the initial unreleased conversion!

Enjoy :cheers:

Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport reworked version of reworked version by Fall Guy

This was always one of my favorite tracks to watch champ car at. Looks great, hopefully at some point someone get can get rid of the massive apex cones that are around the track, one item that I truly think devalues the quality of the track. Otherwise, amazing updates!

Yeah, great car. Nice to have refractive lights, plus fogs and angel eyes too.
I still think Remco/Abbo90's E34 M5 tops it for the overall driving experience though. The sensation of weight transfer in their car is phenomenal.
Open for link...lol

Newcastle track (Australia)

I just did a test on the paid version Newcastle 500 by VRA (virtual australia racing).
Website here : http://virtualracingaustralia.com.au/index.php/newcastle-500-track/
it's a disaster with the AIs (12 to 20 cars same problems), huge colisions from the 1st corner once the race has been relaunched 5 or 6 times, it works but new colisions in some corners regardless of the mods and cars used except with the V8 Supercars !!! (Kunos versions or mods)
So I imagine that the AI Lines was made with the V8s I don't know ...
During the races, the AIs return to the pits after already 1 or 2 laps ... and hit the walls at the entrance to the pits so yellow flags ...
so for a paid version it's not fantastic !!!!
On the other hand in terms of graphics the track is really very beautiful !!! with a lot of decorative and realistic elements, very clean and imersive !

I also tested the free version 2019 updated here by shin96 with AI by kevink2 (Newcastle Street Circuit)
It is really much better because no bugs and collisions with AI but it is less beautiful but it's free so ...

I share with you some pictures of the colisions on the paid version and to compare the graphics.

does anyone want to work on AI files?
I can provide the track privately
these AI collision bugs are a real shame because the track is really beautiful !!!!

Newcastle 500 by VRA (paid version)
View attachment 991381

Newcastle Street Circuit (free mod)
View attachment 991382

collision bugs (kunos and mod car versions) on Newcastle 500 (paid mod) except with V8 Supercars
View attachment 991383
View attachment 991384

with V8 Supercars OK !!!
View attachment 991385

BTW - Downunder had its 1st V8 Supercars race for 2021 over the weekend at Mount Panorama (Bathurst), and without Scottie (currently in the USA trying out the Indycar series - hope he does well)... In his absence, the doors have been left wide-open for current and upcoming drivers to take the helm...

@ClaudioWRC74 and other interested GTP members that have acquired the Newcastle 500 2019 paid-mod track, may be interested to know that I've been working tediously over the last four weeks on improving this track (not-3D-related). And after countless attempts of creating and testing, believe I may have cracked it...

For those that have the track, you may have noticed the AI has major issues exiting and entering the pit area - colliding with walls, creating chaos at turn 1, and also during some turns around the city streets... In most instances, the AI over-runs those important turns, causing additional and unnecessary chaos...

So far, the work remains WIP and is currently being thoroughly tested (when time allows that is).

New features include:
- AI lines (pit and fast lanes)
- track side-lines (necessary evil to keep the V8's in order)
- track-lighting for evening racing
- rain FX (of course)
- several replay cameras to taste
- grass FX (still to review if required)

There are 6 short videos on YT for those members that would like to know how the updates/testing has been progressing thus far - enjoy.

Other AI-issue short-test-videos
1. pit-entry link
2. pit-exit link
3. pit-exit (T1 extension) link
4. turn1 AI start-lap link
5. turn1 AI progressive-lap link
6. turn1 AI start (refer above)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back