Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,942 comments
@Fanapryde
What do you think? I just changed one value of INT_NetSide. KsSpecularEsp: 5 instead of 40.

UPDATE:
it's clean even using the default car, untouched.
So I ask myself if you used any particular weather condition or skin

Looks good to me, but I don't get it...

Are you saying the default car does not show the issue ??
I was using the Zipanol #20 skin, but now tried some others too.
I was driving with SOL/scattered clouds, now tried several other weathers.
No change here, still have the same problem.
(Latest CSP and SOL).

The changes you made were in showroom, clicking the different structures I guess. It has been a while now, but either I forgot how to or something does not work as intended, but entering the car, clicking on something does not show anything right now. :odd::confused:

Edit: I did not change a thing, using the car as it is.
And it is the only car that has this issue for me, so...

@Fanapryde
Double click on the ag_abarth_punto_competizione.kn5 file.
It will automatically open the CM showroom.
Use the mouse to select the part of the car you want to work on.
upload_2019-2-18_23-39-59.png

click on the ... of the Material and change values.

But even if I use the default car, no changes, the windows is clean, no strange artifacts as if it was some glass off the NetSide.

Did you try changing track? What track did you use.
Keep in mind the Shaders Patch options are all active in my CM.
Funny thing is, if I disable Shaders Patch, I keep getting errors on the singles apps, so it would be a real pain in the a.... :D

Last edited:
I'm getting the same issue as Fanapryde, but with purple sky. I've asked on the shader patch discord.
It's a lovely little car, be nice to get it fixed.
I changed the driver3D steering lock to 360 to get the hands in synch with the wheel.
Also dropped ksambient to 0.05 on both types of interior plastic and dashboard so it's not like a light-absorbing black hole in there. You can now actually see the texture instead of it just looking like pitch-black velvet. There's a radio and vents hidden in there somewhere, lol. Might drop it some more.

Got it. I used to access the materials with a different approach.
Anyway, I changed the value of INT_NetSide. KsSpecularEsp to 5, but it does not change the view I had. Still exactly the same.

Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro DSG '03
https://acmodder.wixsite.com/ac-cars-reworked/audi-tt-coupe-3-2-quattro-dsg

This is our first rework in collaboration with RealAKP!

CHANGELOG
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- new tyres v10 (street, semislicks)
- new tyres textures by RealAKP
- new LODs .kn5 files
- new perfect collider by RealAKP
- tweaked suspensions setup
- added brake bias option in setup
- no clutch pedal (real car hasn't it)
- tweaked ABS, TC, EDL
- corrected gear-change times
- adjusted differential
- corrected rims dimensions to match stock car
- corrected final ratio with tyres compensation
- added red backlight in central console
- updated skins with baked AO map by RealAKP
- updated Content Manager previews
- fixed AI engine brake on downshifts
- added skin template by RealAKP
- added damage and dirt textures by RealAKP
- added visual damage (bonnet)
- added deforming bonnet (only with Shaders Patch)

About this car, is it just me or is their a very weird feeling in the force feedback? it feels to me when I drive it that it is notchy. I can see the suspension have been lifted from the M4, but the M4 does not drive like that.
beside the driving all the other details are very well done, the attention to details is great, congratulations and thank you for all the work.

Did you try changing track? What track did you use.
Keep in mind the Shaders Patch options are all active in my CM.
Funny thing is, if I disable Shaders Patch, I keep getting errors on the singles apps, so it would be a real pain in the a.... :D

It shows on every track, any weather.
I also disabled Shaders Patch and the issue was still there.
And yeah.. I had the same errors for all the apps I use. :crazy:
But that seems to be because I had installed the previous Shaders Patch by dragging into CM. I installed the latest version via JSGME which makes it easier to enable/disable without the app alerts...

And yes, all CSP extensions are active

Oops, forgot - change the ksspecular values for interior dash plastics/leather to 0.5 as well. The cockpit looks much better. Darkening the roll cage and door panels slightly helps too (drop the ksambient on these)

For the record: have you got an Nvidia card or an AMD?
My Video settings for AC are all at maximum except AA and AF at zero because I'm using DSR (dynamic super resolution)

For the record: have you got an Nvidia card or an AMD?
My Video settings for AC are all at maximum except AA and AF at zero because I'm using DSR (dynamic super resolution)

It's in my sig: nvidia GTX1080ti, all settings max (except smoke, motion blur off) MSAA 4x, AF 8x

At least cars show up throught the safety net in my car... :D

Last edited:
lol someone now looks really dumb.....

Well at least I was half right. All you seemed to do is stand on the side lines. Making someone look 'really dumb' would be wiping the floor with them, that hardly happened here little delicate one.

lol indeed

saban_nick_sad-479.jpg

@Fanapryde @Masscot
upload_2019-2-19_3-9-37.png

I changed the value of Alpha Mode to "Alpha Testing" instead of "Alpha Blending"

Masscot, can you please be more precise about the material names you changed values to?
Since I've created the LODs and I'd like to share the updated car, I want to add your values to the car, but I need the precise object names I go to change the material of:

interior_plastic, COCKPIT_HR1: KsAmabient 0.05
GEO_cockpit_HR_SUB022, interior_metal, interior_mottled: KsAmbient 0.3/0.2/0.2
interior_bump_leather, interior_plastic, COCKPIT_HR1: KsSpecular 0.5 or 0.05?

Last edited:
About this car, is it just me or is their a very weird feeling in the force feedback? it feels to me when I drive it that it is notchy. I can see the suspension have been lifted from the M4, but the M4 does not drive like that.
beside the driving all the other details are very well done, the attention to details is great, congratulations and thank you for all the work.

Thank you, having RealAKP in our team adds a lot to our mods. :D

I think this is a good opportunity to explain how we work: first of all, none of us is an engineer, we would never be able to draw a suspension from scratch, so we prefer to use something designed by Kunos, obviously based on the suspensions type of the car we are working on.
But apart from that, setup wise, everything else is decided by me personally: ARBs, spring values, dampers settings, bumpstops gaps.. this is why the Audi does not drive like the M4 at all, despite sharing the same suspensions geometry.
For all the rest, we try to feed the AC simulator with real data, and when we do not find them, we try to approximate them based on that car reviews.

It's a rework that takes about a week, certainly not scientifically perfect, but we hope it's enjoyable anyway!

Last edited:
@Fanapryde @Masscot
View attachment 800614

I changed the value of Alpha Mode to "Alpha Testing" instead of "Alpha Blending"

Masscot, can you please be more precise about the material names you changed values to?
Since I've created the LODs and I'd like to share the updated car, I want to add your values to the car, but I need the precise object names I go to change the material of:

interior_plastic, COCKPIT_HR1: KsAmabient 0.05
GEO_cockpit_HR_SUB022, interior_metal, interior_mottled: KsAmbient 0.3/0.2/0.2
interior_bump_leather, interior_plastic, COCKPIT_HR1: KsSpecular 0.5 or 0.05?

I can't remember exactly (I'm not at my rig and maybe won't be for a couple of days) but I think I dropped ksAmbient to 0.05 for all cockpit plastics/leathers and raised ksSpecular to 0.5. This was to bring out texture detail in these materials and stop the dashboard looking like a big black light-absorbing velvet slab. YMMV so try these and see what they look like, and tweak accordingly.

I also dropped ksAmbient for the roll cage and door panels so they were mid-light grey instead of white. This was purely personal preference.

@Fanapryde did changing the value of Alpha Mode to "Alpha Testing" instead of "Alpha Blending" solve the window webbing transparency issue for you? Is the sky now normal through it?

Yep, copyright infringement about the Renault Clio.
The disclaimer on the site wasn't enough.
Goddammit. I wonder if all of these recent mod website shutdowns have been due to corporate complaints, or whether some self-righteous wannabe internet policeman from the sim racing community is going around filing complaints about converted mod cars and tracks? It all seems a bit suspicious to me.

Goddammit. I wonder if all of these recent mod website shutdowns have been due to corporate complaints, or whether some self-righteous wannabe internet policeman from the sim racing community is going around filing complaints about converted mod cars and tracks? It all seems a bit suspicious to me.
I'm so sorry for you, sincerely !!!
What the hell is actually with the good contributors !?

Thank you! :guilty: it was good till it lasts..
Actually I don't know what's happening, but surely I do not have the patience to redo the site from scratch..

Thank you! :guilty: it was good till it lasts..
Actually I don't know what's happening, but surely I do not have the patience to redo the site from scratch..

Redo? You didn't save yout code?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but as a developer I never used services like Wix :embarrassed:
Whenever I want to put up a website I simply buy a domain and rent a remote machine somewhere ahah

Redo? You didn't save yout code?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but as a developer I never used services like Wix :embarrassed:
Whenever I want to put up a website I simply buy a domain and rent a remote machine somewhere ahah

No, didn't save anything. Actually I don't even know if the free version of Wix allows it.

Thank you, having RealAKP in our team adds a lot to our mods. :D

I think this is a good opportunity to explain how we work: first of all, none of us is an engineer, we would never be able to draw a suspension from scratch, so we prefer to use something designed by Kunos, obviously based on the suspensions type of the car we are working on.
But apart from that, setup wise, everything else is decided by me personally: ARBs, spring values, dampers settings, bumpstops gaps.. this is why the Audi does not drive like the M4 at all, despite sharing the same suspensions geometry.
For all the rest, we try to feed the AC simulator with real data, and when we do not find them, we try to approximate them based on that car reviews.

It's a rework that takes about a week, certainly not scientifically perfect, but we hope it's enjoyable anyway!

Sorry about your site, I hope you will find a way to revive it.
About the TT, I am not complaining in any way, I just wanted to signal my feeling about it, as a feedback, keep up the good work.:)

Hello friends, do you happen to have the following cars in AC? Endurance World Championship 72/73/74/75 Alfa Romeo and Le Mans. The Matras that disputed Le Mans in 72/73/74 ... The Mirage that disputed Le Mans in 74/75 .... or someone who knows how to convert. Thank you very much in advance!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back