Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,931 comments
Whoever rip other game's model don't have any right on that model and CAN'T ask another sites hosting that model to remove it, claiming there's copyright infringment.
Only Turn10 Studios/Microsoft, Polyphony Digital/SONY or whoever is the real author of the model, can ask to remove it and can claim the copyright infringment!

And if you consider @AC Modder gives always the full credits to the author of the "rip/conversion", that behavior is utterly ridiculous, if you ask me.

There's always a POLITE and CIVIL way to behave in life, especially for a lovely thing as our passion, that is simracing.

@Fanapryde
upload_2019-2-19_17-7-51.png

Modding has its pros and cons. On one hand, when a game is moddable, one can really fall into searching mods, testing, deleting, searching, testing, and so on. In the end of the day it can kill enjoyment in a game. On the other hand there are some great additions and mods, often for free, sometimes paid, that really improve the game or enrich its content.

The community however... The "war" between "scratch" modders and converters. There I can see and respect the viewpoints of both sides. In the end of the day in 99% of the cases scratch made content wipes the floor with conversions in terms of quality. But it takes a hell of a lot of time to create.

But in the last weeks and months, the "war" between converters and converters... I can hardly understand it. Yes, you might have created something, but whatever you did, you skipped 90-95% of the long and tedious work of creating a model. Yes, hate those who take your mod without credits and claim it's theirs. Yes, hate those who convert or take other's work and sell it for money. But my dear... if you are credited and someone just wants to improve something and is selfless enough to share it with the community, why take vendettas? Why take down sites? In the last week we lost Reboot and Reworked. Land also has problems very often. Does it make AC better, waging these wars? Do some people really need such ego boosts?

And the "sheep" on Facebook just nod, praise you how nicely you asked to take the mods down and how can such thieves exist, and just fuel your ego. All while you are also taking the work of someone else (model) and improve it (which is the very reason you wanted to take the mod down). Double standards.

(This is directed at no-one primarily. It's just sometimes frustrating being part of this community...)

Howdy people: Can someone help me out here and maybe someone knows why I do not get lights on the road/sides when I have installed SOL and the latest version of the Shader patch? The day and night cycle works fine, but when night comes all is just pitch black even with the headlights on...Anyone? :) Thanks in advance.

Modding has its pros and cons. On one hand, when a game is moddable, one can really fall into searching mods, testing, deleting, searching, testing, and so on. In the end of the day it can kill enjoyment in a game. On the other hand there are some great additions and mods, often for free, sometimes paid, that really improve the game or enrich its content.

The community however... The "war" between "scratch" modders and converters. There I can see and respect the viewpoints of both sides. In the end of the day in 99% of the cases scratch made content wipes the floor with conversions in terms of quality. But it takes a hell of a lot of time to create.

But in the last weeks and months, the "war" between converters and converters... I can hardly understand it. Yes, you might have created something, but whatever you did, you skipped 90-95% of the long and tedious work of creating a model. Yes, hate those who take your mod without credits and claim it's theirs. Yes, hate those who convert or take other's work and sell it for money. But my dear... if you are credited and someone just wants to improve something and is selfless enough to share it with the community, why take vendettas? Why take down sites? In the last week we lost Reboot and Reworked. Land also has problems very often. Does it make AC better, waging these wars? Do some people really need such ego boosts?

And the "sheep" on Facebook just nod, praise you how nicely you asked to take the mods down and how can such thieves exist, and just fuel your ego. All while you are also taking the work of someone else (model) and improve it (which is the very reason you wanted to take the mod down). Double standards.

(This is directed at no-one primarily. It's just sometimes frustrating being part of this community...)

may hard to get if you don't spent your time creating content... it's just simply called respect... this is what happened/ing to EVERY other modding community in every other moddable game after some time... because it gets easier to mod or rip them and modders start to leave and it ends like the ac community... slowly died 👍

View attachment 800724

Maybe it's me, maybe i am stupid. But i don't think they have the rights of the model if it is not scratch made. But still they get upset if someone change something in their Forza rip. So funny.

I'd have thought making money and or claiming copyright on mods made without full permission of the car manufacturer (not the mod originator) has got to be seriously flawed. Removing a mod at the request of the mod originator is an informal nicety. I'd have thought Toad's, sorry Thode's rudeness and arrogance was misplaced at best, unless of course he has written permission from Renault. You guys may of course know otherwise.

latest version should be 1.23 ;)
Well the link in your group leads to 1.21 and it shows up as 1.2 in AC. Anyway, the banner area has terrible reflections in cockpit (could be solved by reducing fresnel/fresnelEXP IIRC), the data display rev indicator looks bad overlapping the base texture, the cockpit materials could use a bit more detailed textures, it's very flat now, but it's not too bad in game, and those webs on the sides could be a little darker because they stand out too much, but it's also a fine detail. The first 2 issues I mentioned would be the priority for me, personally. Take it as constructive feedback. If you and your team are satisfied with it it won't be changed anyway :)

That's the downside for not having a FB account...
My version is still 1.02... :banghead:

Btw: @GUERILLA Mods : has the newer version working wipers ?
I was in Guerilla Mods FB group but got unceremoniously ejected for no other reason than I happened to be in some other FB groups.

It's the superstar status that some modders bestow upon themselves that I find funny. It's fed by sycophantic adulation from their disciples and they start to believe their own reviews and elevated status.

I've got a lot more time for the polite and humble modders who seem to do it for the love of modding rather to achieve some warped social status.

Last edited:
Social medias may show visible vacuo ! ^^

The thought "No Limits I'm Powerful" given by the disciples to "THEIR" superstars isn't a good thing, a "clever" thought should be move by some criticism, construstive obviously.

It's an other debate, very interesting by the way.

Damned, I forgot to test the last amazing version of Donington by Brun !
Link to RD
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/

I saw the news was yet done but a refresh for a jewel can be a good thing ! ;-)

Last edited:
I don't really understand the meaning of private FB group to release mod.
But obviously it's not the best way to gain popularity. Latest video from Guerilla mods posted two weeks ago have only 71 views.
Perhaps it's to keep control on the mod ? But without knowing that it exists, without being able to test it, once again, what's the meaning ?
It's sad that a work (moreover if it has been lovely polished) stay out of sight of the sim racing community.
Imagine x4fab shader light patch on private FB group !?

PS: I take guerilla mods as an example but the same goes for BZ simworks and others private groups.

I don't really understand the meaning of private FB group to release mod.
But obviously it's not the best way to gain popularity. Latest video from Guerilla mods posted two weeks ago have only 71 views.
Perhaps it's to keep control on the mod ? But without knowing that it exists, without being able to test it, once again, what's the meaning ?
It's sad that a work (moreover if it has been lovely polished) stay out of sight of the sim racing community.
Imagine x4fab shader light patch on private FB group !?

PS: I take guerilla mods as an example but the same goes for BZ simworks and others private groups.

yes, same with some of those japanese modders who dont share at all. that guy who makes Super GTs for example.

i can understand that some guys dont wont to see there work ending up on Assetto Mods on FB when they run their own Facebook.

Its like making a meme, you dont get upset when you see it elsewhere, you are happy it is spreading, recently i saw my brawn livery i made in a video and was very happy.

URD is making an M6 now... Wish they could take one day to update their EGT so the brakes glow though... and get their version numbers correct for both the EGT and DTM mods...

I wish they could also sort out the JT5 Shiro 2016 - skin 12 & 46 so the shaders light patch work for the sky.... default skins 1 & 24 are fine, and while they are at it, get those wipers working ;)

JT5-Shiro-1.jpg

JT5-Shiro-24.jpg
JT5-Shiro-12.jpg
JT5-Shiro-46.jpg
URD-JT5-Shiro-non-working-wipers.jpg

Here is a refresh on the Clio pack for others that may miss it!

Download

Pass:Apexxer

Well... if "superstar" status is something they desire, they're doing themselves and everyone else an injustice severing themselves away from the 'community' with their private groups. Just reading what they write in their rules shows us a vast structure of mentality. It is interesting indeed...

Congratulations guys for shutting down one more site...... just keep with your mentality, don"t respect nobody, and you"ll know very soon what makes different between modding and editing.... keep on movin" I found a evidence about unfair play

Attachments

• Screenshot (129).png
    Screenshot (129).png
    33.9 KB · Views: 71
@Masscot
Yep, it could be the same. I found the link elsewhere by the way.

p.s.
There's an issue with the central mirror. I'm trying to fix it as we speak.
Basically the BLM Car app can't see the central mirror because the name is wrong.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back