Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,921 comments
As a diversion from the multitude of car and tracks mods we have now on our hard drive, sometime spending way to much time trying to fix them instead of enjoying the game, I went back down memory lane and launched a "retro" race earlier today.:mischievous:
Single race with the Elise at Magione with the Kunos launcher.:D
First, that Elise is such a pleasure to drive, a nice change form a lots of mods I drove recently that are quite bland.
Second a nice surprise, I still had the real mirrors, the weather transition, the night day transition, the car lights, all of it, even though I did not launch the game with CM, not sure why but pleasantly surprised.:)
I think I will keep storing the mods on my drive, but revisit Kunos "vanilla" content for a while, after all this is what made me like AC so much.
After more than 4000 hours, that content is still above most everything else and the driving pleasure, with my set up, does not get old.:cool:
Just wanted to share with my friends here.:cheers:

Nice that Ferrari @Elio92 thanks for sharing! ... perfect for a tour on the old Targa Florio... hope it drives well.

EDIT:

btw.
what is the limit of installed cars in AC ?

Last edited:
Is it only me or has anybody else the same problem? The car has headlights but they don´t illuminate the track. :boggled:
The mod is probably missing the extension so it works with the Shader Patch and lightFX. Try to copy one of the extension folder from another mod and see how it looks. Here you go

Last edited:
Ive tried installing sol and now everytime I try to start a race or practice it just cancels, Ive verified the files and have the shaders on as far as I know ive got it all correctly, anything I might be missing?

Ive tried installing sol and now everytime I try to start a race or practice it just cancels, Ive verified the files and have the shaders on as far as I know ive got it all correctly, anything I might be missing?

Have you followed SOL's instructions? The mod brings a huge PDF, it's pretty straight-forward.
If you did, looking at the logs is currently your best option.

Have you followed SOL's instructions? The mod brings a huge PDF, it's pretty straight-forward.
If you did, looking at the logs is currently your best option.

I have, ive also followed a video on installing it. I found the log files but i dont even know how to check them.

Edit - It did verify 16 files when i verified it with steam after the install, i dont know if that was what it was supposed to do

Edit 2 - Ive tried launching the regular ac launcher and it seemed to work with sol some how, I had time set to 300x and i could see the time moving quickly.

Last edited:
Hi friends, anyone ever seen or want to develop one or some of these legendary Le Mans 24 Hours Ferrari?
250P, 275P, 330P, 330P2, 365P2, 250LM, 275LM, Dino166, Dino206, 275GTB. Most of them are in the GTR2 game, but certainly in the Assetto Corsa with these fantastic graphics, it would be even more fascinating to ride them.

Yep, copyright infringement about the Renault Clio.
The disclaimer on the site wasn't enough.

Sad to see your site go. It was a small collection but the driving physics is consistently one of the best out there, almost on par with Kunos originals. Copyright sucks and I understand if you want to take a break. I sincerely hope you will come back again in the future though, we need more talented and low profile modders like you in the community 👍

I don't know anything about designing websites, but IMO the meat will always be the content. If you don't want to spend too much time relaunching it then simple is best. It could just be a simple html page with "Car Name: MEGA link" and people will still flock to it if the quality is good :lol:

Goddammit. I wonder if all of these recent mod website shutdowns have been due to corporate complaints, or whether some self-righteous wannabe internet policeman from the sim racing community is going around filing complaints about converted mod cars and tracks? It all seems a bit suspicious to me.

I wonder if it's related to the new EU internet law about data protection thingy? Seems to be a wave of these strikes every few months though. It's just wayyy too much drama and effort to keep up with the modding scene these days. There are hundreds of scattered sites and not one place where all good mods are located, and it's a game of whack-a-mole with sites disappearing and reappearing. Quite frankly, the modern gaming +/- internet community is becoming more and more toxic by the day. I may be looking through rose tinted glasses but in the heyday of GPL and ISImotor modding everyone just got their heads down and helped/share with each other. Not like now where it's profit profit profit :rolleyes:

Thinking the big picture, my dream would be every auto manufacturer in the world banding together to preserve CAD and performance data for all of their cars (past & present), and make it available to anyone with a reasonable price (cheap for individual license, more expensive for game devs and commercial use). New models' data will be delayed by 1-2 years (game devs can pay more to get earlier) to avoid theft by competing manufacturers. This way racing sim development costs can be driven lower and we'll hopefully start seeing real innovations in the place where it really matters: gameplay. Modding will be pretty much uniform with no good/bad 3D models, just how well each modder translates the data into each game. Extending from this idea would be race track owners around the world also banding together to laser scan each of their circuits, and making it available in a similar manner to above. This way even if we all end up riding in electric autonomous cars in the future and fossil fuel motorsport has gone forever, we will still have the digital replicas of every car and track to enjoy in the virtual world 👍

Sad to see your site go. It was a small collection but the driving physics is consistently one of the best out there, almost on par with Kunos originals. Copyright sucks and I understand if you want to take a break. I sincerely hope you will come back again in the future though, we need more talented and low profile modders like you in the community 👍

I don't know anything about designing websites, but IMO the meat will always be the content. If you don't want to spend too much time relaunching it then simple is best. It could just be a simple html page with "Car Name: MEGA link" and people will still flock to it if the quality is good :lol:

I wonder if it's related to the new EU internet law about data protection thingy? Seems to be a wave of these strikes every few months though. It's just wayyy too much drama and effort to keep up with the modding scene these days. There are hundreds of scattered sites and not one place where all good mods are located, and it's a game of whack-a-mole with sites disappearing and reappearing. Quite frankly, the modern gaming +/- internet community is becoming more and more toxic by the day. I may be looking through rose tinted glasses but in the heyday of GPL and ISImotor modding everyone just got their heads down and helped/share with each other. Not like now where it's profit profit profit :rolleyes:

Thinking the big picture, my dream would be every auto manufacturer in the world banding together to preserve CAD and performance data for all of their cars (past & present), and make it available to anyone with a reasonable price (cheap for individual license, more expensive for game devs and commercial use). New models' data will be delayed by 1-2 years (game devs can pay more to get earlier) to avoid theft by competing manufacturers. This way racing sim development costs can be driven lower and we'll hopefully start seeing real innovations in the place where it really matters: gameplay. Modding will be pretty much uniform with no good/bad 3D models, just how well each modder translates the data into each game. Extending from this idea would be race track owners around the world also banding together to laser scan each of their circuits, and making it available in a similar manner to above. This way even if we all end up riding in electric autonomous cars in the future and fossil fuel motorsport has gone forever, we will still have the digital replicas of every car and track to enjoy in the virtual world 👍
I think some guy in Dereks mods facebook group had it taken down

This is just inspired! I always wondered why the big (and little) automakers think the bit of small change they receive from their simracing licensing fees outweighs the huge amount of goodwill and marketing impact this kind of approach would generate amongst us simracers as their biggest and probably loudest fans. Same for tracks... surely there'd be heaps more people turning up for track days at the local circuit if they could build up confidence virtually before heading out on the real tarmac.

I don't think it's just a question of fossil fuel motorsport being consigned to history, though. The most insightful part of your post is the suggestion that track owners, automakers, and anyone else with a stake in the future of the automobile should band together and collaboratively encourage sim racing as a way to recapture the joy of driving that has been lost as cars have become the victim of their own success (i.e. traffic jams). It seems to me there is a real possibility that if cars become autonomous and so shareable and public transport becomes the preferred solution to traffic jams, then fewer and fewer people will learn to drive and when that change has run its course in a few short decades then the worldwide market for cars could shrink dramatically. So it's not just a question of nostalgia for pre-electric motorsport but if automakers want to keep selling more cars they need to make more people want to drive again and a well resourced and supported sim racing scene could help with that.

Assetto Corsa:

Porsche 911 RSR 2018/19 updated car with new exhaust, front bumper(wider grill opening and added details on it, flaps),
headlights update, new lods, New 3d tire model with new textures, Led strip lights on roof.
Added IMSA position number and car number glow.

Fully compatible with CM/Shaders lights patch.

Sounds by ACFAN
Skins by cartapaquete, bm91, Sirknight224 and Kunos.

Thank you all for the help and permission granted to use your work!

NOTE: You need the original Kunos DLC Porsche 911 rsr 2017 installed becase our install file
checks if you have them or it wont install.
This is standalone version.

Install the car into your root folder Assetto Corsa.

Download here https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR3lQeI8N...J!G2D_E1PzCuoG4S7-FbKE1_DzwQhl8cngJpqhZ48GKOo

Or here https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l7r8ivil...ihdfM8lGOkpKr2N1VudZsZxSgVYVYqaSo3Joq4kkFc6BY

https://www.facebook.com/UnitedRacingDesign/posts/1942629729199525

Thank you very much for your words.. I really appreciate this! :)
Yes, right now I'm a bit off.. But I love Assetto Corsa and love cars, so I'll come back, maybe just posting here! :gtpflag:

Hi all, I'm re-posting this to see if someone out there can can help me with this problem. I'm trying to get the Jag XE in the game and do a version with the light-bar removed, but everytime I export the fbx I lose the rim blur texture on the wheels - see pic. The first two stages of blur work fine, but the third stage, when the wheel is at full speed, is invisible.

I've checked the object and material settings in kseditor and everything looks correct (active, transparency set, alpha and textures set correctly) and the blurred objects.ini is correct but I cannot get the rim blur texture to show up on the car!

I've tried importing and exporting with ks editor, 3dsimed and 3dsmax - but same result with the rim blur each time.

Does anyone have any other things I could try?
rim blur6.jpg

Attachments

• rim blur5.jpg
    rim blur5.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hi all, I'm re-posting this to see if someone out there can can help me with this problem. I'm trying to get the Jag XE in the game and do a version with the light-bar removed, but everytime I export the fbx I lose the rim blur texture on the wheels - see pic. The first two stages of blur work fine, but the third stage, when the wheel is at full speed, is invisible.

I've checked the object and material settings in kseditor and everything looks correct (active, transparency set, alpha and textures set correctly) and the blurred objects.ini is correct but I cannot get the rim blur texture to show up on the car?

I've tried importing and exporting with ks editor, 3dsimed and 3dsmax - but same result with the rim blur each time.

Does anyone have any other things I could try?View attachment 801682

Where can I download that car??

This is just inspired! I always wondered why the big (and little) automakers think the bit of small change they receive from their simracing licensing fees outweighs the huge amount of goodwill and marketing impact this kind of approach would generate amongst us simracers as their biggest and probably loudest fans. Same for tracks... surely there'd be heaps more people turning up for track days at the local circuit if they could build up confidence virtually before heading out on the real tarmac.

I don't think it's just a question of fossil fuel motorsport being consigned to history, though. The most insightful part of your post is the suggestion that track owners, automakers, and anyone else with a stake in the future of the automobile should band together and collaboratively encourage sim racing as a way to recapture the joy of driving that has been lost as cars have become the victim of their own success (i.e. traffic jams). It seems to me there is a real possibility that if cars become autonomous and so shareable and public transport becomes the preferred solution to traffic jams, then fewer and fewer people will learn to drive and when that change has run its course in a few short decades then the worldwide market for cars could shrink dramatically. So it's not just a question of nostalgia for pre-electric motorsport but if automakers want to keep selling more cars they need to make more people want to drive again and a well resourced and supported sim racing scene could help with that.

Thank you, glad to see someone sharing my vision :) Fundamentally I just love cars and driving, and I just want to make sure that future generations can also enjoy it like we do now, even if the world has changed completely and road based transport is no longer recognisable to us. Much of human history has been lost just like that because they didn't have the technology to preserve it at the time. But today for the first time ever we have the means to do so, and it would be a shame to lose 100+ years of automotive and motorsport history given how much it has shaped modern society (seriously, wherever there are humans there are always roads and cars). Of course I'm looking at the big & long future picture here, which probably doesn't mean anything to car manufacturers/track owners/game developer executives who only care about short term profit margins. At the end of the day it's just a business for them, but for us the true fans it means a lot more. Same thing with the movie/music industry - once a studio/label goes bankrupt the only ones keeping the art alive will be the fans. I just hope one day humanity will be mature enough to aim for the preservation of our culture in the long run instead of putting individual interests and short term profits in first place.

Anyway, enough philosophical rant. I need more mods to tie me over till the next ACC update :lol:

Oh good grief legend1 :rolleyes:
I really doubt your "philosophical rant" will hit the billions of people on planet earth in the heart.

You play a video game. Save the world before it all goes in the sewer? Lordy. :gtpflag:
Call Elon Musk and tell him pronto to shudder all vehicle progression. For the children!!!

@Chiwi Assettoland has the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 2017 without lightbar. :cheers:

Great! Wish I knew how it was done though without encountering the rim issue ! I'm obviously missing something.

Edit: Never mind - rim blur is missing on the assettoland version as well

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back