Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,908 comments
Umpopular opinion, but here I go: I classify La Canyons as a visually weak work. Meaning that, in the visual department, most racing tracks create a greater sensation of actually being there. It's just what assetto emulates best, there's not much mystery to it. I've had this issue with simtraxxx also, as they also pretend to emulate elaborated landscapes, and it all feels to pretentious. All in all, I have a superior inmersion into this kind of landscapes in American Truck Simulator.
Plus, the left-right-left-right layout is kinda boring, lol.

I drove a couple of the layouts this weekend in VR and it was one of the most incredible and beautiful experiences I've ever had in sim racing. I felt so much like I was there that I could almost smell the salt water. I pulled off on a couple of the big shoulders, got out of the car and just looked around enjoying the scenery. I remember the early versions of his tracks, they have come a very very long way since those early days and IMO it's an incredible piece of work from a hobbyist working alone in his computer den. Not sure how it feels on flat screens but in VR it was really incredible. YMMV.

Unpopular opinion, but here I go: I classify La Canyons as a visually weak work. Meaning that, in the visual department, most racing tracks create a greater sensation of actually being there. It's just what assetto emulates best, there's not much mystery to it. I've had this issue with simtraxxx also, as they also pretend to emulate elaborated landscapes, and it all feels to pretentious. All in all, I have a superior immersion into this kind of landscapes in American Truck Simulator.
Plus, the left-right-left-right layout is kinda boring, lol.

Has anyone received an extra layout version for 1.0 that donated and received the extra layouts for 0.81? Is there extra layouts for 1.0? I don't want to donate again and it's now missing Angeles Crest downhill that was fun.

Here a nice render I came across (offtopic)

ferrari-340mc-22rjcv.jpg

RTM mods are *great* for populating offline (vs the AI) races. Their cars are all Frankenstein-like conglomerations of various Kunos pieces, but none of that matters when they're handled by the AI anyway.

As long as they generate somewhat realistic laptimes (not always guaranteed lol), they're fine to look at - from a distance! I think of them as "moving scenery".

As long as they generate somewhat realistic laptimes (not always guaranteed lol), they're fine to look at - from a distance! I think of them as "moving scenery".

Their rolling garbage. That RTM link above has been around for a long time. Go ahead and look at some of them. Their a clunky, wonky train wreck.

Their rolling garbage. That RTM link above has been around for a long time. Go ahead and look at some of them. Their a clunky, wonky train wreck.

Yeah, that folder is mine. Someone I gave access to it shared it publicly so I went ahead and made it public again with the additional RTM mods I've acquired since then. I also have an Assetto Garage folder on Mega if anyone is interested.

...I also have an Assetto Garage folder on Mega if anyone is interested.

I am interested if it contains any "oldtimers" (pre '80) or some old historic tracks ported from GTL, rFactor1 or GTR2.

...but if I am not mistaken they are on modern rally cars ?

Wow fantastic car

Yes, a nice blend of vintage and modern design... stumbled upon it on a Greek site, so I suppose the artist is Greek

here another one... a modern take on the 300 SLR:

mercedes-300slrg2j8v.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can people please stop double posting? I've seen a number of mod posts in this thread telling everyone to stop it, but it continues page after page. It's especially annoying when you have a bunch of pages to catch up on and the same people are making double or even triple posts, often for just one or two lines per post. Edit your damn post if you have something else to add...

Can people please stop double posting? I've seen a number of mod posts in this thread telling everyone to stop it, but it continues page after page. It's especially annoying when you have a bunch of pages to catch up on and the same people are making double or even triple posts, often for just one or two lines per post. Edit your damn post if you have something else to add...

It's especially ironic to read this, since the very people you're calling out are the ones who are actually providing links to mods and engaging in a lively back and forth with regard to those mods - Which is the only reason anyone’s here to begin with.

You're asking others to expend extra effort to collate their thoughts, meanwhile saying at the same time that you're too lazy to even use a scroll wheel. Everyone else needs to alter their behavior to cater to your needs, in effect. Best of luck with that. I imagine you must feel very frustrated IRL as well.

Anyway - This GeroDa74 guy has some incredible mods, including the absolutely epic 909 Bergspyder (previously posted). They all seem to have working config files for the shader patch - really top notch stuff (just scroll through his pics, each one has a download link).

The Ferrari password is GeroDaEVS btw.

Last edited:
Kondor, thanks for that, looks great in cm. Do you happen to know where to get that show room above? Or any others? Tired of beach/industrial/showroom.

I been looking for this livery for the KS Mclaren MP412c GT3...
2015-pacific_racing.jpg

...but its been removed from RaceDepartment for unknown reasons. Does anyone managed to get a download link for this livery?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back