Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
Hello Everyone. I am not sure if this is the best place to ask but hopefully someone can at least point me in the right direction. First off I am not a modder so this is all new to me. I came accross a 996 GT3 mod and want to try and fix a few basic issues I see with it. The main issue is with the tire size. It has the fronts and rears as being 225/35/R18. That is close for the front but way off for the rear. Below are the wheel and tire sizes as they should be.
  • WHEEL SIZE FRONT18 x 8.5
  • WHEEL SIZE REAR18 x 11
  • TIRE SIZE FRONT235/40ZR-18
  • TIRE SIZE REAR295/30ZR-18
I Know that Content Manager can swap tires and the tire/wheel size from the Cayman GT4 are not drastically different from the real GT3.
245/30/R19
295/25/R19

If I just swap those is there anything else in the data file that needs to be changed? It is such a drastic change from what is there now I just want to make sure it would not mess anything else up.

Ideally I would love to know how to make a correct set of tires in the right size and compound but for now just getting closer would be great.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

The safest way to do this is first make a copy of the tyre .ini inside data, that way you can always go back to what was there before the conversion.
do the tyre swap with content manager, it is not going to do anything bad. the worse is that the rear tyre might be too much in the ground or not touching because of the difference in size, front are almost the same. but this can be fix by altering rim radius. in any case it is just aesthetic, it does not affect the tyre performance, so you can try first to drive it with the GT4 tire and see how it feels.

The safest way to do this is first make a copy of the tyre .ini inside data, that way you can always go back to what was there before the conversion.
do the tyre swap with content manager, it is not going to do anything bad. the worse is that the rear tyre might be too much in the ground or not touching because of the difference in size, front are almost the same. but this can be fix by altering rim radius. in any case it is just aesthetic, it does not affect the tyre performance, so you can try first to drive it with the GT4 tire and see how it feels.
Thank you Cote! I will give it a try

Back on topic, I spent some time in the LA Canyons last night and I remain blown away. I went to the Freeroam layout and there are just so many different routes to explore and places to stop in look around. There's even intersections with stop signs where you can pick from multiple paths. The textures and scenery have improved MASSIVELY since the early versions and personally I find it beautiful to look at. In VR you can get out of the car and walk around (as far as your cord will allow, anyway) and there are lots of places to pull off on the side of the road and look out over the hills and valleys and water, it's awesome. I'm one of those weirdos that tries to keep it in my lane too. :dopey:
Was testing out this porsche when I saw Walter :lol: and yes my mirrors are off.
BBAC.PNG

It's especially ironic to read this, since the very people you're calling out are the ones who are actually providing links to mods and engaging in a lively back and forth with regard to those mods - Which is the only reason anyone’s here to begin with.

You're asking others to expend extra effort to collate their thoughts, meanwhile saying at the same time that you're too lazy to even use a scroll wheel. Everyone else needs to alter their behavior to cater to your needs, in effect. Best of luck with that. I imagine you must feel very frustrated IRL as well.

There's nothing ironic about it Kondor, and if you read the rules you agreed to upon signing up to this forum you'd understand the request. double and triple posting has always been frowned upon here at GTP, and this thread is an absolute mess with them. It's not about being "too lazy to use a scroll wheel", it's about everyone having the respect for each other to follow the AUP and not make the forum a mess.

The ironic part is you claiming I need everyone to cater to my needs, simply because I requested people follow the rules, while you're essentially saying you shouldn't have to follow the rules if it doesn't suit you. I'm not talking about people posting mod links hours apart, I'm talking about the people who keep making double and triple posts in quick succession that could all easily be contained in the single post by editing. It happens in this thread a lot, and looking at the amount of moderator edits will reveal that. Not to mention the number of times mods have asked people to stop double posting, which seems to fall on deaf ears.

If you have a problem following the rules of the forum, which you agreed to in signing up, then you should stick to Facebook.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just my OCD, but I never found the double post rule odd or particularly annoying to follow. If you have a new thought within a few seconds of posting, just edit. If you want to quote multiple people, just use multiquote. If you come back with new thoughts that is distinct from your old post a few hours later, then you can double post (usually I would still preface with "sorry for double post, mods please merge if necessary").

As for posting updates to mods, Apexxer got this down pat. He would edit the original post, AND post a new message saying mods XXX have a new update, with a link to the old edited post. Keeps things neat, no forum rules are broken, and we still get a notification that a mod has been updated. What more could you want?

At the end of the day, this thread is a mod repository but not in a way RD's download section is. I've been following every post since 2016 and it's a lot of work, but I have also gotten a lot out of it. Unless Jordan decides to make a dedicated download page like GT6's Track Editor section, it's always going to be a bit messy and a bit more work to keep up than RD's alert system. On the good side, we should be thankful that this thread hasn't been closed or sent a takedown notice by RTM and co considering the amount of "grey area" mods that have been posted.

What's the changelog?

I have updated the Brabham bt62 that @jimclark06 posted about earlyer. And so i wanted to post here to try give something back. I know its not much but i hope it will please some people. I have updated:

New body mesh as there where smoothing issues.
Converted all textures to DDS.
Added some New textures.
Redone all MATTs to mirror Kunos settings.
Redone mirrors.
Changed power to reflect the real cars output. Also added a -13% power (you can choose in DATA) as they dont say of the power reading is from the engine or on road power figures.
New camers,
replaced sound for Maz GT4.
Updated driver anim so it should stay on the wheel.
Made lighting for Shader mod.
Added extra skins by Greenhell Racer (thanks).
And thanks to Shokeus Schangele.

All the UVW's for the body and the inside are messed up atm. I plan on trying to fix them, but UVW mapping is not my best suit and takes me a long time. Hope you enjoy,
Cheers.

Orignal link

can someone make a template for the Brabham?
would try to make this skin
brabham_bt62-front-qtr-view-2-5ocw.jpg

I have updated the Brabham bt62 that @jimclark06 posted about earlyer. And so i wanted to post here to try give something back. I know its not much but i hope it will please some people. I have updated:

New body mesh as there where smoothing issues.
Converted all textures to DDS.
Added some New textures.
Redone all MATTs to mirror Kunos settings.
Redone mirrors.
Changed power to reflect the real cars output. Also added a -13% power (you can choose in DATA) as they dont say of the power reading is from the engine or on road power figures.
New camers,
replaced sound for Maz GT4.
Updated driver anim so it should stay on the wheel.
Made lighting for Shader mod.
Added extra skins by Greenhell Racer (thanks).
And thanks to Shokeus Schangele.

All the UVW's for the body and the inside are messed up atm. I plan on trying to fix them, but UVW mapping is not my best suit and takes me a long time. Hope you enjoy,
Cheers.

Orignal link
you probably forgot to mention it but the changes are from DrDoomsLab over at cs.rin.ru

Last edited:
I second this, can we also get templates for any of The Rollovers mods or decent templates for any of the RTM mods too
I made one myself but parts of the wireframe arelayered on top of each other. It makes it impossible to do the skin

Which cars?
the Brabham
@Apexxer

You can make car templates with content manager:

Click select a part of the body in custom showroom, on the right window hit the 3 little dots on the top entry.

Select show Mapping (if i'm not mistaking right now) and then it should open the wire-frame of the selected part.
Save that and repeat for the rest of the body parts. Afterwards merge them together in photoshop and thats basically it.

thats how you create one yourself

Hi Guys

Got a question about Assetto Corsa (may be a little dumb...:rolleyes:)
So, I like cars, but I also like bikes. Now, here's my question: Is there any chace to get some bike-mods for AC?

Wish you all a great Day (Night)

LionRacer

Hi Guys

So, I like cars, but I also like bikes. Now, here's my question: Is there any chace to get some bike-mods for AC?

LionRacer
I mean there are 3-Wheelers in AC but Bikes are totally different from physics etc.
Its probably possible to make something on 2 Wheels, but it will not move like a bike.

But too any modder- prove me wrong :D

Hi Guys

LionRacer

Not possible.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back