Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
Hey, this was actually pretty decent mate. Road surface felt fine, and while I could nitpick plenty about some of the graphics scenery it's really not bad either. Thanks for that. đź‘Ť

I would strongly beg to differ on that topic, but that's just me. :dopey: Sometimes the experience is about more than the numbers on the spec sheet, and I have a feeling the Porsche would win in the smiles-per-mile department more times than not, and for me that's the most important factor.
Totally agree in principle, but I've actually driven both cars (2018 V6 Camaro, '87 Porsche 930). The Porsche seems like it'd be fun to people who just want to cruise around (and it is), or people who missed out when these cars were new. A comparable car that is still fun to actually drive hard is an E30 M3. The 930 was nothing like that car (well, except they have the same rear suspension). My S2000 didn't put up big numbers either, but it was a blast to drive. The 930 wasn't like that either. I'm not talking about numbers, I'm talking actual driving dynamics and how rewarding it is to push the car.

But yeah, I love them to look at and just cruise around town. I was referring specifically to the performance driving aspect - nothing else. I'm not very nostalgic about that, having driven competitively. For that, a car is a tool. Some tools are better than others. The 930 was OK for an 80's car. By modern performance driving standards, it's pretty bad. At a track, even that new 4-banger Turbo Camaro would eat it alive. For one thing, it had the slowest steering of any car I've ever driven. I mean, it was like driving a small truck. Not fun, but also not something you'd notice unless you were driving it hard. Which no one does these days (see below).

The other bad thing? They're now worth so much that no one brings them to track days anymore like they used to. Same thing with the 964 turbo's. They're all garage queens that non-car guys buy as an "investment". Also, it's gotta hurt when your 80's supercar is getting dusted at the COTA club circuit by hordes of mildly modded Miatas and caged/stripped stock motor Stangs running Hoosier slicks. Then again, those guys embarrass a lot of "supercars" ;)

When you unpacked the data.acd file and got the data folder, did you remember to remove the data.acd file? Just checking :) Because I have no trouble to get it working.

AC uses the data.acd as 1st priority, so even if you unpack the .acd, AC will still use it if you haven't deleted it.

Reading through the comments, I was unaware that sharing that RTM folder was against the rules. Figured it wouldn't be a problem since I had seen RTM mods shared in this thread

Totally agree in principle, but I've actually driven both cars (2018 V6 Camaro, '87 Porsche 930). The Porsche seems like it'd be fun to people who just want to cruise around (and it is), or people who missed out when these cars were new. A comparable car that is still fun to actually drive hard is an E30 M3. The 930 was nothing like that car (well, except they have the same rear suspension). My S2000 didn't put up big numbers either, but it was a blast to drive. The 930 wasn't like that either. I'm not talking about numbers, I'm talking actual driving dynamics and how rewarding it is to push the car.

But yeah, I love them to look at and just cruise around town. I was referring specifically to the performance driving aspect - nothing else. I'm not very nostalgic about that, having driven competitively. For that, a car is a tool. Some tools are better than others. The 930 was OK for an 80's car. By modern performance driving standards, it's pretty bad. At a track, even that new 4-banger Turbo Camaro would eat it alive. For one thing, it had the slowest steering of any car I've ever driven. I mean, it was like driving a small truck. Not fun, but also not something you'd notice unless you were driving it hard. Which no one does these days (see below).

The other bad thing? They're now worth so much that no one brings them to track days anymore like they used to. Same thing with the 964 turbo's. They're all garage queens that non-car guys buy as an "investment". Also, it's gotta hurt when your 80's supercar is getting dusted at the COTA club circuit by hordes of mildly modded Miatas and caged/stripped stock motor Stangs running Hoosier slicks. Then again, those guys embarrass a lot of "supercars" ;)

All fair, and probably accurate points. And I'm speaking from complete ignorance, having never driven a Porsche, vintage or otherwise. That being said, if I was at a track day and given the choice of a modern Camaro, modded Miatas, race-prepped Mustangs, or an old Porsche, I'd take the old Porsche every time and I'd have a huge smile on my face as those other cars flew by me. Everything you just described about the old 930 sounds very appealing to me.

That's just totally me though, and even if I came away saying "Man, that thing handles like s***!" I'd still be smiling because I'm one that enjoys the challenge of driving an uncooperative car far more than extracting ultimate performance of a well-behaved track machine. In AC I'd take the Carrera RSR over the GT3R 1,000 times out of 10, I like the car to fight me, I like to feel like I tamed a beast that wanted to kill me, I want to feel like...
tenor.gif

:D

The Skugga is just a design exercise, Mihael Merkler is just a guy designing stuff coming from his imagination, not connected to Koenigsegg.
The latest model from Koenigsegg is the the Koenigsegg Jesko.
The one:1 is an older model, no longer manufactured.

https://www.koenigsegg.com/car/one1/

This particular mod does not even look like the Skugga design, it is just an other one:1 rebadge, but no change was made to the original one:1 mod

Last edited:
Last edited:
That 911 Carrera R-Gruppe thing, how does it compare driving wise to the excellent Carrera RS Touring 2.7 by Full Throttle? Reason is it's a 300+ MB mod and I'm running out of HDD real estate here thanks to this thread :crazy::lol:

Also, I was hoping that Koenigsegg is an update of the original. It's a shame that a lot of good older mods in RD are just left like that. We need your help @Apexxer !

He has a point. Instead of maybe begging for these mods without searching maybe you could one for the team and buy a mod that isn't widely available and make it accessible for all of us. The people who leaked the RTM mods, especially the anonymous individual who leaked the Ford GT90, all have plenty of respect because they went out of their way and spent their money to help make these mods available to anyone. I do highly recommend using the search bar on here or searching other forums like cs.rin.ru or even the Assetto World group on VK first before asking for mods.

Damn I didn't know people actually bought those mods :scared: I always assumed it's a guy from the inside that leaks it. Respect to whoever bought all the cars in that massive pdf file a few pages back :bowdown:

Maybe we should start a Patreon to buy all shoddy paid mods and make them all free for all. Probably against the T&C though :lol:

@LeGeNd-1

If you direct me to that 2,7 Touring i will gladly compare it.
In the mean time I'll send You a reduced version of the R-Gruppe, with just a few cars.

For me it is a keeper... not a car to chase fast laps on ordinary tracks, but hard to beat on rally tarmac narrow roads.
It is hard to drive it fast, but a ton of fun on roads under 180-200 km/h.

share_911rsnyk51.jpg

That 911 Carrera R-Gruppe thing, how does it compare driving wise to the excellent Carrera RS Touring 2.7 by Full Throttle? Reason is it's a 300+ MB mod and I'm running out of HDD real estate here thanks to this thread :crazy::lol:

Also, I was hoping that Koenigsegg is an update of the original. It's a shame that a lot of good older mods in RD are just left like that. We need your help @Apexxer !

Damn I didn't know people actually bought those mods :scared: I always assumed it's a guy from the inside that leaks it. Respect to whoever bought all the cars in that massive pdf file a few pages back :bowdown:

Maybe we should start a Patreon to buy all shoddy paid mods and make them all free for all. Probably against the T&C though :lol:
we did something like that and got scamed by RTM in the return...... They now force you to give them money via Paypal friends which basicly means you have zero rights as a customer and cant get your money back

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back