Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,296 comments
Was wondering the same, pretty interesting. I remember a while back when they took Kunos's Porsche car and modified it then released the modified model... Had thought, hope they don't run into issues from doing this, are they trying to get shut down too??!! Now still no fix for the EGT's brake glow, version information still incorrect on multiple mods of theirs... Hopefully soon they'll flood us with a bunch of new content and updates. Here's to hoping :cheers:
yes, i need those GT1s. and considering even their releases need fixes, why not release them now and keep updating them through player feedbac?

Was wondering the same, pretty interesting. I remember a while back when they took Kunos's Porsche car and modified it then released the modified model... Had thought, hope they don't run into issues from doing this, are they trying to get shut down too??!! Now still no fix for the EGT's brake glow, version information still incorrect on multiple mods of theirs... Hopefully soon they'll flood us with a bunch of new content and updates. Here's to hoping :cheers:
I actually asked multiple Kunos employees about this, I think I have talked about it here before several years back. Basically Kunos could charge URD less if they are allowed to put the models in other games after a certain amount of time and to sell the rare models on Turbosquid for example. You might think thats dumb but URD ended up getting a lot from donations so everyone wins. For the record to my knowledge URD made the C7R, 911 RSR, and all four lmp1 cars in AC, they also made the M6 GT3 which is now in ACC ages ago. As to their situation now I will not go into detail as its private but the team is much smaller and all of them are contracting for various companies so I expect things to go quite slow for now. They will come back at some point but it is not likely to be quick that being said I've not talked with them in many months now so I don't have an up to date answer.

Guys, how do You calibrate the tacho, rev counter etc in assetto ? (without CM)

- I am doing a car, with interiors and dashboard taken from other cars that I like and fit my model, but obviously the analog gauges are not showing the correct speed and revs.
Any tools around to tackle that problem ?

A few words about that would be appreciated, thanks.

I checked mine before leaving for work and both are working. Hopefully this will sort itself out. I will test thoroughly once leBluem's package arrives.
If you think of anything I can do in the meantime, just let me know! Unfortunately my Assetto time is limited to evenings during the week.
All seems great in the final release mate - no idea why I was getting those errors earlier. It's so good to finally have a fully-realised version of this track, and one that's so well optimised now. The huge changes in elevation mean it's an absolute blast in VR with the motion rig.
I did some balloons and a blimp for it and meant to pass them to @leBluem to see if he wanted to incorporate them, but I forgot. Balloons look great in the Alpine sky against the mountains. Might do a few billboard skins for it as well.
Thanks for your AI work on this Jody. They are great fun to race against.
:cheers:

Anyone know how to convert a mod from GTR2 to AC? I found some GT4 cars for GTR2 that I'd love to see in AC but I don't have a clue about converting.

All seems great in the final release mate - no idea why I was getting those errors earlier. It's so good to finally have a fully-realised version of this track, and one that's so well optimised now. The huge changes in elevation mean it's an absolute blast in VR with the motion rig.
I did some balloons and a blimp for it and meant to pass them to @leBluem to see if he wanted to incorporate them, but I forgot. Balloons look great in the Alpine sky against the mountains. Might do a few billboard skins for it as well.
Thanks for your AI work on this Jody. They are great fun to race against.
:cheers:

I'm so glad it's working for you. This track has always been one of my favorites since it was initially converted. I guess that's why I'm willing to put so much love into it, and appreciate all the hard work of the community to help it realize it's full potential. I will still do some cameras if they are still needed. I first have to help a buddy of mine with cameras for a track called Desert Route. It's about 87 miles long and cameras may be a career job, but he's helped me so much I owe him a great deal. I have just completed the AI lines for it which are of course a prerequisite for the cameras. It was a job because he wanted the route through the desert to take a completely different path than the AI line originally provided.

nobody said to post this:

"As this is laying around long time now, take it and collect feedback on whether its worth to improve:

Le Mans 2011 sx fm4 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/oi8rbbs7o6wnd41/sx_lemans.7z/file

v0.0 Turn10
v0.5 - convert from unknown
v0.6 - by nobody
- normal chicane-layout ai already pretty good
- some workaround AI for no-chicane-layout
- added no-chicane layout, added 46 pits, now 56
- optimized all, now max 2000 DIP, before up to 5000
- sadly some bad trees, vao-patch included to compensate a bit
- no spectators/tyrewalls/sponsors at all
- 2.8 GB Video VRAM utilized
- light config: https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...onfig/blob/master/config/tracks/sx_lemans.ini "
View attachment 817691
Already looks good to me! I didn't realise FM4 track conversions were possible. There are some rich pickings there.

Forza Motorsport 4 Tracks and Circuits

Camino Viejo de Montserrat

In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Full Circuit Reverse, Extreme Circuit, Short Circuit, Short Circuit Reverse, Mini Circuit, Mini Circuit Reverse

Bernese Alps
In-game circuit variations: Festival Circuit, Festival Circuit Reverse, Stadtplatz, Stadtplatz Reverse, Club Circuit, Club Circuit Reverse

Fujimi Kaido
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Stage B, Stage A Reverse, Stage D Reverse, New Hillclimb, Full Circuit Reverse, Stage C, Stage B Reverse, Old Hill Climb, New Downhill, Stage A, Stage D, Stage C Reverse, Old Downhill

Hockenheimring
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Drag 1/4 Mile, National Circuit, Short Circuit

Iberian International Circuit
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Full Circuit Reverse, Short Circuit, Short Circuit Reverse, Mini Circuit, Mini Circuit Reverse

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
In-game circuit variations: Long Course, Drag 1/4-mile, Indy Racing League Circuit, NASCAR Circuit.

Ladera Test Track
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Full Circuit Reverse, Short Circuit, Short Circuit Reverse, Mini Circuit, Mini Circuit Reverse

Maple Valley Raceway
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Short Circuit, Full Circuit Reverse, Short Circuit Reverse

Mugello Autodromo Internazionale
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Club Circuit

Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Short Circuit

Rally di Positano
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Full Circuit Reverse

Road Atlanta

Sebring International Raceway
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Club Circuit, Short Circuit

Silverstone Racing Circuit
In-game circuit variations: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, Silverstone International Circuit, Silverstone National Circuit

Suzuka Circuit
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, West Circuit, East Circuit

TopGear Test Track
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, West Circuit, West Circuit Reverse, Drag Mile, Outer Loop, Outer Loop Reverse, Drag 1/4 Mile, East Circuit, East Circuit Reverse, Drag 1/2 Mile

Tsukuba Circuit

Twin Ring Motegi
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, East Circuit, West Circuit, Super Speedway

ACU has already done Hockenheimring before. It's either an rfactor or Forza conversion, I'm not sure.

Silverstone, Mugello, and the Nurb are already in the game via Kunos.

The AC trackreboot project did updates (or conversions?) of Suzuka and Sebring.

There is a Tsukuba mod https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-circuit.2629/ on RD, though its a really inaccurate Gran Turismo 4 (or 5?) conversion, I would love to see a better version of that track! And the Top Gear track would be a dream come true. :drool:

Last edited:
Already looks good to me! I didn't realise FM4 track conversions were possible. There are some rich pickings there.

Forza Motorsport 4 Tracks and Circuits

Camino Viejo de Montserrat

In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Full Circuit Reverse, Extreme Circuit, Short Circuit, Short Circuit Reverse, Mini Circuit, Mini Circuit Reverse

Bernese Alps
In-game circuit variations: Festival Circuit, Festival Circuit Reverse, Stadtplatz, Stadtplatz Reverse, Club Circuit, Club Circuit Reverse

Fujimi Kaido
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Stage B, Stage A Reverse, Stage D Reverse, New Hillclimb, Full Circuit Reverse, Stage C, Stage B Reverse, Old Hill Climb, New Downhill, Stage A, Stage D, Stage C Reverse, Old Downhill

Hockenheimring
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Drag 1/4 Mile, National Circuit, Short Circuit

Iberian International Circuit

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
In-game circuit variations: Long Course, Drag 1/4-mile, Indy Racing League Circuit, NASCAR Circuit.

Ladera Test Track

Maple Valley Raceway
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Short Circuit, Full Circuit Reverse, Short Circuit Reverse

Mugello Autodromo Internazionale

Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit

Rally di Positano
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Full Circuit Reverse

Road Atlanta

Sebring International Raceway
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, Club Circuit, Short Circuit

Silverstone Racing Circuit
In-game circuit variations: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, Silverstone International Circuit, Silverstone National Circuit

Suzuka Circuit
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, West Circuit, East Circuit

TopGear Test Track
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, West Circuit, West Circuit Reverse, Drag Mile, Outer Loop, Outer Loop Reverse, Drag 1/4 Mile, East Circuit, East Circuit Reverse, Drag 1/2 Mile

Tsukuba Circuit

Twin Ring Motegi
In-game circuit variations: Full Circuit, East Circuit, West Circuit, Super Speedway
Indy and Motegi please :)

What's the issue with the brake glow?

rumours go mans is from forza5, idk really, i am not the source ;)

Bernese Alps

didnt know bernese layouts had names, and balloons would be are a great addition, i also wanted at some point, but forgot too

rumours go mans is from forza5, idk really, i am not the source ;)

Bernese Alps

didnt know bernese layouts had names, and balloons would be are a great addition, i also wanted at some point, but forgot too
I'll tweak the balloons soon and put them out with some billboard skins.

I actually asked multiple Kunos employees about this, I think I have talked about it here before several years back. Basically Kunos could charge URD less if they are allowed to put the models in other games after a certain amount of time and to sell the rare models on Turbosquid for example. You might think thats dumb but URD ended up getting a lot from donations so everyone wins. For the record to my knowledge URD made the C7R, 911 RSR, and all four lmp1 cars in AC, they also made the M6 GT3 which is now in ACC ages ago. As to their situation now I will not go into detail as its private but the team is much smaller and all of them are contracting for various companies so I expect things to go quite slow for now. They will come back at some point but it is not likely to be quick that being said I've not talked with them in many months now so I don't have an up to date answer.
if they really did the LMP1 cars I am really impressed but I personally doubt that because their own LMP1 mod is pretty crappy compared to the Kunos release.... and why did not kunos just hire all of them if they thechnically work for them?

nobody said to post this:

"As this is laying around long time now, take it and collect feedback on whether its worth to improve:

Le Mans 2011 sx fm4 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/oi8rbbs7o6wnd41/sx_lemans.7z/file

v0.0 Turn10
v0.5 - convert from unknown
v0.6 - by nobody
- normal chicane-layout ai already pretty good
- some workaround AI for no-chicane-layout
- added no-chicane layout, added 46 pits, now 56
- optimized all, now max 2000 DIP, before up to 5000
- sadly some bad trees, vao-patch included to compensate a bit
- no spectators/tyrewalls/sponsors at all
- 2.8 GB Video VRAM utilized
- light config: https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...onfig/blob/master/config/tracks/sx_lemans.ini "
View attachment 817691

yes, this is definetly a Forza 5/6/7 version of Le Mans, not 4.
this is the best Le Mans for Assetto Corsa imo.

EDIT - Its from Forza 7!!!!!
The Porsche Building before the Ford chicanes is the final clue :)

Forza Motorsport 4... it seems :)
upload_2019-4-29_23-12-14.png

i had to add the porsche logo, it wasnt there; i also looked at all fm vers and nearrest match was not fm7, not fm6, not fm5, but before, i stopped at this fm5 vid:

maybe the unknown converter added that building from somewhere else, bc ther sorroundings after fm5 are too much, even fm5 is too much, but maybe something is missing

Last edited:
Guys Is there anyway i can match up the wheels to the body work if i have swapped over suspension ini's?
You have to correct track width and wheel offset values in suspensions.ini and make sure to have the correct tire dimensions in tyres.ini to have the correct wheel positions in the 3D model.

This is super easy to do with the help of content manager (just check what you are doing in the CM Showroom while editing the correct files).

Has never worked for me... I can see the ambiance of the glow but the disc has no glow, this is regarding version 1.15 with shader patch 1.25 preview 49. I had even posted on RD about it with no answer but to disable the brake effect in CM and that still didn't fix it for me.

@delpinsky

If you look at the rotor node names and then look at the brakes ini under the effects section the name of the rotors are a complete mismatch, tried fixing it myself with no effect...

Exactly my impression... The layout is really accurate! I like it more than the 2017 version.

But did I miss something somewhere? I am not seeing a night version with this track, only a Chicane and No Chicane version...

I had an issue with brake rotor glow in a mod I edited recently - with some mods you have to SIGNIFICANTLY increase the color channel values in order to be able to see the rotor glow (after fixing any mismatches in the node names).

For adjusting brake rotors I usually record a short replay file of the car in question at night in a long braking zone - I then cut down that video to see just the braking zone. Loading this short video is the quickest and easiest way to see any changes in brakes.ini (use F5 and F7 cameras to easily observe the brake disks).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back