Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,708 comments
its all good bro, you do you.

you have no idea what I do, I described a quick-kill method to drop a track. Today I extracted and converted 4 IDAS0 tracks to v0.80 state already before dinnertime. You also know I have only 1 hand and cant really do much in editors requiring mouse+kbd moves.

its all good bro, I do me.
yes I know, but do not compare your way of working with mine without knowing anything, we do not all work the same

Fanapryde

Paulo Ribeiro

classic double standards of the GTplanet site. I didn’t make any claims to the mod's author, I just wondered if this would be fixed in the future. and then there were two defenders at once, who explained to me that I was not sitting correctly, and I was looking in the wrong direction. I would not have written this post if all mod authors were also zealously defended in this thread, but no ...
What double standards?? We're talking about a hole under the front bumper.
The answer is simple.

Some people put their "Feelings" or perceptions of how a car handles over how it actually will handle when modeled accurately in real life.

I have no opinion either way weather or not this is a positive or negative thing, and I'm guessing some of the cars in the pack are really difficult to get data for. But there's a fundamental difference in how a convert "by-feel" mod team like Bazza's operates and a guy who focuses on doing exact 1:1 physics like Arch operates.

Sometimes this may also result in real life massive BOP/speed differences between cars not being present because they wanted to make them closely matched for league use, too, or something similar.
Lol. Not exactly what I was refering.
But alright, if someone wants to use a set of cars in a league, just have the work to BOP them, with weight and power.
That way all the users don't have to have BOP'd cars, just because a few want them for a league.
Simple.

Spotted - over on RaceDepartment
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/teckslot-slotcar-race-circuit.45817/

A little something to take you back to the slot racing days of Minic Motorways or Scalextric before we could play AC

Screenshot (777).png

Last edited:
its advance one can ... but impossible to find a photo of the interior of the Alpine A610 LM !?

View attachment 1085185
It's not the original A610 Biturbo GT2 Lm, but it's the closest I've found.

I'm just messing around with creating displays for the first time. Unfortunately, in my case the displayed image is mirrored. Is it possible to correct this?

Edit: Thanks for the solution @__EASY__

Attachments

• Screenshot_teslamodel3mpp_actk_notorika_9-9-121-17-55-55.jpg
    Screenshot_teslamodel3mpp_actk_notorika_9-9-121-17-55-55.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
badge.png

!!!!RELEASED!!! AC Legends GTC60’s Pack

sandy-start-bizza.jpg

vette-brem.jpg

904-Brem.jpg

etype-sandy.jpg

GTC-Porsche-duel.jpg

cobra.jpg

This mod is a tribute to the 60’s era of GT racing. A decade that brought us some of the most beautiful cars ever produced and the best racing ever! Many of the models in this mod where floating around the web for years. We brought them up to current AC standards using the latest features of CM/ CSP. Our goal was to use a realistic physics set, with as much real data as possible. This means that most cars have unique 'build from scratch' suspension physics, engines and gearbox. We tried to reproduce the vehicle dynamics of the era, so you do need to balance the cars, be gentle with your inputs and drive the car with your feet!

Up to 2021 standards with CSP:
  • all cars have (refracting) headlights, wipers, improved shaders, high(er) res cockpits
  • most skins are 4k scratch made by Ben Nash (or ‘reworks / rebuilds’ of existing skins).
  • all cars have proper LoD's & 3d colliders for better VR/ multiplayer/ big grid AI racing

V1.0 Credits
  • Models: Conversions / updates/ add-ons
    • DrDoomslab (models, textures/ AO and all the little details)
    • Norms (Wiper animations, rebuilt LoD’s, 3d Colliders, all the little details)
    • Ben Nash (Meisterskinner), Pasta (historic (Japanese) skins)
    Physics & AI: Bazza
    Sounds: Kunos, AMA Fmod (Porsche 904/911), Legion (Shelby 289’s), various unknown sources.
    Skins: new 4k skins by Ben Nash + many skins from the RaceDepartment community:
    Aad Gagesteijn, Andy-R, BDA, carmar, chili pepper, Gigi54, GPLGEM, GT3RSAss, Guerilla Mods, hal4000, Juergen Lung, LeSunTzu, Ned, Nico, NWRAP, Pasta2000, playwithwind, schUPpor, Smallblock Hero, Tim Lotus, The SourceOf TheNile, susanthedeath, Xedrox (sorry if I forgot someone)

Testers: Timo One, ValentinK, Dirk Steffen, capt nasties, 50ftElvis, the THR community.
Over 30.000 km testing km’s where made by the team, special thanks to Valentin and Timo for their hard work!

Special Thanks:
Youtube Channels: Mike from Simracing604, Scotty from 2Old4Forza, Jake from GPLaps, Michael from SingleRacer and Billy Strange Racing for their contagious passion for historic simracing. You might also check the SirSpatsgaming channel for the latest modding news!
Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/m9d6ks7h9bnv2wl/2021_10_08_AC_Legends_GTC_60s_Pack_v1.0%282%29.7z/file

Note for proper installation:
For proper installation of the original Kunos cars follow detailed instruction in the manual, on the regarding pages (page 5  Alfa ; page 8  Ferrari)

You need ‘Kunos Ferrari 70 Anniversary DLC pack’ to install the Ferrari 250 GTO
Another show-stopper of a mod! I've only tried the 904/6 so far and it's eerily realistic (it's a car I've actually driven on a race track: Solitude). Bonus: default setup works right out of the box! Congrats to Bazza and Porsche maestro Mac Ten!

Last edited:
Tsk, yeah right...

I just searched on Google if that Toyota just featured in that game and so far, it hasn't, so stop pretending that SimDream to you is still scammy as before by converting cars from other games and selling them, it defenitely seems they changed and redeemed themselves completely thankfully.
wich toyota ?

they havent released any they keep showing some WiP pictures from blender.. i can load any car and pretend iam working on some things... so dont pretend they changed their policy antonio.

if they would , they would remove all of their conversions they still sell on their website.
why dont you support them if you believe they changed ? i know where you got their f1 mod from ;)

Release

License Plates for the CM paint shop
Added : Swiss, Belgian Old, Belgian, Belgian New, Germany and Spain
Original plates creator : velofosse from racedepartement
Instalation : Extract the Europe folder in C:\Users\....\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data\License Plates

Download: https://sharemods.com/uufplk5hx6z0/Europe.rar.html

I updated the plate pack
Changelog :
Added old french plate

thank you all for your help , yes this is the version of race I am looking for , the one that drove at the 24h of Le Mans (1994) , but I think that there is simply no photo ....

work of the day ... , except that it fly its advance ...
View attachment 1085224
Are you sure, that no photo?

I really imperssed by japanese motorsport magazines from the 90's. :D (I got some from torrent)

But now I didn't need to search in my collection, because it was 1 minute to found on flicker :D

I think this is which you are search for.
(Download the biggest size!)

wich toyota ?

they havent released any they keep showing some WiP pictures from blender.. i can load any car and pretend iam working on some things... so dont pretend they changed their policy antonio.

if they would , they would remove all of their conversions they still sell on their website.
why dont you support them if you believe they changed ? i know where you got their f1 mod from ;)
GR010, I also subscribed to their mail newsletter a couple of years ago which links to their blog posts, the latest one is all about that Toyota where the first picture posted there is the same as the one you shared here.

(Then again is kind of useless if we already recently got it from URD before...)

Personally I like the 2019 version way more than the "2021" version from RD. Better graphics, assets, details. Gave the update a second chance but binned it immediately. Crap. Maybe the 2021 version is more accurate but at least I never been at Magny Cours track so I can´t judge.
Thanks, I'll stick with what I have then :) Can't wait for a real quality version of Magny-Cours, love this track.

I get this every time I try to use the ac_legends_gt_nissan_gtr and a few other cars. I tried different versions ofCSP and get the same msg....anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• AC.jpg
    AC.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 14
Tsk, yeah right...

I just searched on Google if that Toyota just featured in that game and so far, it hasn't, so stop pretending that SimDream to you is still scammy as before by converting cars from other games and selling them, it defenitely seems they changed and redeemed themselves completely thankfully.
that newest F1 mod of theirs has ripped content all over it. They are scammy and thiefs. They have not changed at all

The answer is simple.

[..]

I have no opinion either way weather or not this is a positive or negative thing, and I'm guessing some of the cars in the pack are really difficult to get data for. But there's a fundamental difference in how a convert "by-feel" mod team like Bazza's operates and a guy who focuses on doing exact 1:1 physics like Arch operates.
[..]
The answer is not so simple, nor as black & white as you state. Deeply offended by a quote as 'by-feel' mod team, you should know better...

All specs are based on the FIA homologation papers, where possible I build the suspensions based off drawings or scaled from pictures from the afore mentioned papers. In a few cases we had guys measuring their cars, drawing suspension diagrams in CAD to determine roll centers... No I don't go to the detail level as Arch goes (big respect!) for these old cars that is overkill (you always have to do guesstimations, besides that a physics engine isn't perfect either.)

The answer is not so simple, nor as black & white as you state. Deeply offended by a quote as 'by-feel' mod team, you should know better...

All specs are based on the FIA homologation papers, where possible I build the suspensions based off drawings or scaled from pictures from the afore mentioned papers. In a few cases we had guys measuring their cars, drawing suspension diagrams in CAD to determine roll centers... No I don't go to the detail level as Arch goes (big respect!) for these old cars that is overkill (you always have to do guesstimations, besides that a physics engine isn't perfect either.)
I'm sorry that you're offended, Bazza. But my experience the times I've worked with you has definitely been that you'll go off-base with data just to get the correct "Feel" from the car - and including test drivers as slow and unskilled as the 2old4Forza and THR communities instead of paying a professional like me for my time and taking the extra steps to ensure the final product is like-real accurate rather than "feels okay" really just proves that you don't care about making the final product as accurate as a Modder like Arch would.

You can be offended, or you can get better, your choice really. There are different ways to go about making a mod and I have no skin in the game; I have my preferences and my contractual obligations to use original and accurate mods on the platforms that host my racing series and I'll stick to them.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that you're offended, Bazza. But my experience the times I've worked with you has definitely been that you'll go off-base with data just to get the correct "Feel" from the car - and including test drivers as slow and unskilled as the 2old4Forza and THR communities instead of paying a professional like me for my time and taking the extra steps to ensure the final product is like-real accurate rather than "feels okay" really just proves that you don't care about making the final product as accurate as a Modder like Arch would.

You can be offended, or you can get better, your choice really. There are different ways to go about making a mod and I have no skin in the game; I have my preferences and my contractual obligations to use original and accurate mods on the platforms that host my racing series and I'll stick to them.
You "could" release a alternate physics mod, couldn't you? That would really be the solution, wouldn't it? Im sure the community would enjoy it, wouldn't they? Probably you should do it, shouldn't you? Maybe its better to complain, that will push everyone to do better right? Praising yourself seems to be your actual goal here, isnt it? Otherwise you would stop crying in public and just do right?

or not... it seems
too bad someones ideas are different than yours, you seem quite poophurt by someones free time, effort and individual creativity.

The answer is quite simple... fix it or dont use it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that you're offended, Bazza. But my experience the times I've worked with you has definitely been that you'll go off-base with data just to get the correct "Feel" from the car

The last time we worked together was years ago, a lot of experience gained and a whole different approach was taken by then...

- and including test drivers as slow and unskilled as the 2old4Forza and THR communities

Why do you always have to offend people? Try to treat others like you want to be treated yourself

instead of paying a professional like me for my time and taking the extra steps to ensure the final product is like-real accurate rather than "feels okay"
The last time we worked together your feedback was in the same line, in contrary to the aforementioned teams which provided me with deep analysis, drove 30.000km for Balancing the performance, made Motec analysis, measured their cars, and so on....

really just proves that you don't care about making the final product as accurate as a Modder like Arch would.
With all the extra data gathered, the car maybe more accurate, but racing should also be fun!

Maybe Arch can hire you?

The last time we worked together was years ago, a lot of experience gained and a whole different approach was taken by then...

Why do you always have to offend people? Try to treat others like you want to be treated yourself

The last time we worked together your feedback was in the same line, in contrary to the aforementioned teams which provided me with deep analysis, drove 30.000km for Balancing the performance, made Motec analysis, measured their cars, and so on....

With all the extra data gathered, the car maybe more accurate, but racing should also be fun!

Maybe Arch can hire you?
maybe for the next mod we will let my cousins husband go test drive them... his name is Johnny Cecotto.

So everyone can be happy.. or not.
Maybe there is another Rusty who claims he has more knowledge than a real race driver..

i dont get why certain people have to complain of every little detail. just be happy you can have these great cars in AC for nothing .

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back