Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,717 comments
Track is missing collisions on walls. Just found my next rework project :)

Edit

@FireBall_959

Quick fix

Download the files below remove the .txt extension at the end and but them inside your track folder. Replace when asked
What's the physroad.kn5 in your model.ini? I don't see that kn5 in either Rainmaker v1.1 or EASY v1.3.

If this is added to what I just uploaded, you'll have to edit model.ini ([MODEL_*]), so you don't overwrite stuff, and then put the models numbers in sequential order for it all to work.

Hi everyone.

Do you know what happened to BE_modding?
I was only able to catch some of their cars before their facebook page closed

Here they are. Norma M20 FC GEN 2 and GEN 3
Screenshot_bem_norma_m20fc_gen2_varano_28-10-121-20-58-3.jpg

What's the physroad.kn5 in your model.ini? I don't see that kn5 in either Rainmaker v1.1 or EASY v1.3.

If this is added to what I just uploaded, you'll have to edit model.ini ([MODEL_*]), so you don't overwrite stuff, and then put the models numbers in sequential order for it all to work.
My test on Adelaide 2011.

Easy version + 28 pits + kevink2 update.

@KevinK2

28 pits version, no collision wall
20211128213630_1.jpg

Standard version, ok
20211128214055_1.jpg

Last edited:
@KevinK2

As said before it is just a quick fix. I am working on it and will prepare a version with your stuff and addons included. Till then I have just added collisions to original track

Is it OK or do you want me to do this for the track while in wip phase?
Yeah that's great. Let's just try to keep the updates/mods consolidated as much as possible to create less confusion. Thanks for looking at the wall issue. Seems good to me. But what's that physroad.kn5, is that something in the works, or am I missing something?

@JV82, no idea man, I just did the ai and some stuff that had nothing to do with the physical track. Maybe try original Rainmaker version, and/or insert what pugsang just posted.

Edit: just checked, looks like it has something to with the 28 pit version, which has a different kn5.

Last edited:
No it is from my work, I have prepared a new physical road mesh for Rainmakers version

You can download the track so far here

If @JV82 is going to work on this maybe I should stop or what. I am completely lost now....

Last edited:
Before I make a fool of myself and make an extension on top of 2017 version 0.9.1 of Algarve by projectreboot, maybe there is a more up-to-date Algarve to use? As far as I can tell, the version we have doesn't even have GrassFX and has X-style spectators?! Surely someone wanted to bring this great circuit to 2021?

there's a version made by marc13000, but i don't remember if he includeed my update or not. In any case i have my personal version stored in my HDD and somewhere here on the forum :D

Before I make a fool of myself and make an extension on top of 2017 version 0.9.1 of Algarve by projectreboot, maybe there is a more up-to-date Algarve to use? As far as I can tell, the version we have doesn't even have GrassFX and has X-style spectators?! Surely someone wanted to bring this great circuit to 2021?
There's a version 3.0 from Zwiss, Marc_13000 and gunnar333 that has grass, rain, lights:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7o030anzo18n0ax/zw_algarve_v2.0_by_ZWISS.rar/file

BTCC 1990 TEAM LABATT'S FORD SIERRA SKINS

zyn4PrT.jpg

jVRs0v4.jpg

Download link

I'll be doing some more retro skins from the same era provide people like these one. My thought is to single downloads rather than big skin pack, so people can pick & choose what ones they want to keep. If anybody would like to put any input into these skins I'm happy for that to happen send me a PM if interested. I do have request to done have another Sierra skin to done which my next skin to release.

BTCC 1990 TEAM LABATT'S FORD SIERRA SKINS

zyn4PrT.jpg

jVRs0v4.jpg

Download link

I'll be doing some more retro skins from the same era provide people like these one. My thought is to single downloads rather than big skin pack, so people can pick & choose what ones they want to keep. If anybody would like to put any input into these skins I'm happy for that to happen send me a PM if interested. I do have request to done have another Sierra skin to done which my next skin to release.

Nice. And the skin fits fine on this one too: ford_sierra_cosworth_rs500_dtm_90s (J.Leman,Akina Style 3.0)

No it is from my work, I have prepared a new physical road mesh for Rainmakers version

You can download the track so far here

If @JV82 is going to work on this maybe I should stop or what. I am completely lost now....
If I understand what @JV82 was trying to say is that there is still a wall collision problem. But I think after checking it's something to do with the 28 pit version only that @Foxeway created a while back., and not the original nor the EASY version.

So I would say keep going for sure, but not sure if you want to look at the 28 pit version as well. I never noticed anything, as I never really did any wall riding, lol. I linked the Foxeway version in the readme of my upload, or you can search around here for it if you don't have it.

v1.01
Minor Fix
Add EXT_CONFIG and TV Cams by CrisT86
Am I the only one getting a smearing effect on the edge of the skybox? Its like there is a band where the texture is missing, so it smears the textures in front across that part of the horizon.

Edit: something in the new actk_autodromopenuelas.kn5 - reverted to the old kn5 and smearing is gone.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Do you know what happened to BE_modding?
I was only able to catch some of their cars before their facebook page closed

Here they are. Norma M20 FC GEN 2 and GEN 3
View attachment 1096583
Thanks, that's a newer version than the one I had installed... some new skins too... 👍
But yes, afaik the guys are not working on public releases any more. There some info about it a few pages ago in this thread.

Last edited:
Am I the only one getting a smearing effect on the edge of the skybox? Its like there is a band where the texture is missing, so it smears the textures in front across that part of the horizon.

Edit: something in the new actk_autodromopenuelas.kn5 - reverted to the old kn5 and smearing is gone.
with my fix via ext_config everything was good (even the skybox is not a high quality one), don't know if he touched anything elese which interfere with the ext_config

AI, Rain FX, Aerials, Cam, Skins, Spectator Removal, Backgrounds for Adelaide 2011

View attachment 1096548

Install notes and links in the readme. Original track by @Rainmaker87 and tewie.

-Includes original and tweaked skins by @PepperoniAC24. I integrated skins by @Fred Basset and sasa1234567890 (RD) into Pepperoni's "Overhaul" skin and renamed them, as his skin greatly improved the trees and textures.

-Added a few aerial objects originally created by @Masscot

-Also added a simple grass fx config by @__EASY__

If anyone of the above has a problem with me sharing this, let me know and I will revise my upload.

Rain FX, VAO, Cameras, Aerials, Spectator Removal, Backgrounds for Anderstorp 2007:

View attachment 1096550

Original track (conversion?) by @Rainmaker87. Track link and install notes in readme.

-aerials stolen again from @Masscot.

Have fun people.
Thanks for that! may I ask you to adopt your fixes to that version of Anderstorp? Or you include them too and this version is not needed?

I tend use that model has fits both group A & DTM but to keep realistic I choose group A version has that is spec of Ford sierra RS500 BTCC use during late 80s early 90s.
Yes, I'm all for authenticity too, but at the time I opted for this DTM version, there was something wrong with the dash (iirc) of the BTCC model. Haven't tried it afterwards.

Please help - I am looking to add Digital Screens to a track. I have the material and meshes identified, camera's set etc. I just get a static image of the camera on the screen and not a live camera following the car. Any thoughts? DO the camera's in the ext config need to match data/camera's? there is something I am missing to get "live" camera images vs a static one. Is there a tutorial available please?

Last edited:
you can edit yourself by adding all the materials you want to turn during the autumn and by not adding the grass.

Put each material separated requires a lot of time when there's thousand of them ;)
Already did it. Took the grass material numbers from your grass effects section and made another autumn material adjustment section and set the value so that the grass stays basically the original summer color. Did it for Estoril as well, which BTW is a great track.

Last edited:

All the P1 VRC got updated again, everything but the Rebellion(which is the BoP vehicle) got the alternate data file that balances them to the Rebellion. Tested the fastest and slowest car(Toyota and the ByKolles) at the Tochigi(Twin-Ring Motegi) and they are definitely closer(5 sec gap down to a bit more than 1.5).

The Toyota is noticeably different as the hybrid mode is fixed to one mode in the BoP version.

Please help - I am looking to add Digital Screens to a track. I have the material and meshes identified, camera's set etc. I just get a static image of the camera on the screen and not a live camera following the car. Any thoughts? DO the camera's in the ext config need to match data/camera's? there is something I am missing to get "live" camera images vs a static one. Is there a tutorial available please?
Hi,
Here's some advice from my experience:
  • each camera you need should be set in ext_config (no relation with data cameras)
  • one camera can be used for multiple (even all) screens
  • one screen = one individual separate mesh or it will not work
  • one screen is automatically linked to only one camera (the nearest of the viewpoint)
  • resolution of texture is important and should match the one set in config

Take a look at my extensions ext-config-displays for example and DM me if you need more info

You can also find some documentation here:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back