Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Oh well.

What is really sad, is that some cars (more than 90%, maybe more, I am sure) come with errors and flaws.
As @Masscot pointed earlier with this image.
View attachment 1112637

I have now ~50 cars tweaked by me to suits me better. At least those that I started to TAG them.
Many of them, changed from 2900 bhp to a decent stock driveable bhp. But, it is a purely personal taste.
Not criticism to the 4584 bhp cars. It's just, let me change it, please.

It is kind of frustrating, after spend some time, changing engine and (please add .ini at the end) tires, drivetrain, car, AI, lods,
lights (dashboard and headlights), electronics, instruments, Data Specs and Info of the car and whatever the mod need more, when I'm going to save the changes, I can't, because it is not possible to extract the kn file.:ouch:

And now, carry on to another modifying mod. :)
same. I like to go in and actually modify a lot of car because unfortunately most mods lack even the most basic features like baked ao.

The only time I'd be understanding of encrypting is in cases like ier p13 or bk audi r8 where they use real/confidential data

Try this:
I replaced the tires on the Alpine A110 with street tires. Much better now. Thank you for your help @Beezer215. @Paulo Ribeiro, you should have a look at this tire generator presets.

Last edited:
I tried both NSU's from Velo's website, both seem to have flipped mirrors. Did anybody else experience this issue or is it local to my machine? I tried setting FLIP=1 in the real_mirrors config but to no avail.

Update: seems like restarting CM and/or reloading the mod in CM made it pick up the FLIP setting so my problem is now solved.

INI:
[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FLIP=0

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1

nsu_mirror_flipped_l.jpgnsu_mirror_flipped_r.jpg
Don't know if this is common knowledge, but I found a mirror of the 'old' assettoland website:

https://assettoland10.wixsite.com/assettoland/cars
That's the new site with just a fraction of the mods of the old site but new mods keep getting added over time.

Last edited:
I see people been hating on EASY here lately, and well, I can totally understand them. I paid for his Zandvoort 2021 conversion and it's missing so many details... Now why does he even charge for a CONVERSION

I see people been hating on EASY here lately, and well, I can totally understand them. I paid for his Zandvoort 2021 conversion and it's missing so many details... Now why does he even charge for a CONVERSION
There were already a quality version of Zandvort here, update by me, Pyyer and other (jesus is passed so much time that i don't even remember who, sorry!). And it's free.

No hate or else against him, stay focused on this forum, enjoy the quantity and quality stuff released here and leave him and useless discussion out of here ;)

There were already a quality version of Zandvort here, update by me, Pyyer and other (jesus is passed so much time that i don't even remember who, sorry!). And it's free.

No hate or else against him, stay focused on this forum, enjoy the quantity and quality stuff released here and leave him and useless discussion out of here ;)
I'm still very new to GTPlanet, and the other Zandvoort 2021 versions I could find were, well, not nice. Let's say I won't make the mistake again of paying for ACTK mods.

ok so I can not find the track you mentioned anywhere? only the extension on RD and your fix on here, but not the actual track? or is that for the actk track?

I tried both NSU's from Velo's website, both seem to have flipped mirrors. Did anybody else experience this issue or is it local to my machine? I tried setting FLIP=1 in the real_mirrors config but to no avail.

Update: seems like restarting CM and/or reloading the mod in CM made it pick up the FLIP setting so my problem is now solved.

INI:
[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FLIP=0

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1

View attachment 1112722View attachment 1112723

That's the new site with just a fraction of the mods of the old site but new mods keep getting added over time.

Right, good to know.
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, well, you will find both cars having the same folder name and in fact it's exactly the same car.
The one you say is from Chivas has no author and no version number in the ui, while the one I pointed out has Sim Dream Development mentioned as author (updated by @delpinsky) v1.1.
Obviously the skins I posted will fit both cars.
no, they are not the same, Chivas is a scratch made and "obviously" liveries don't fit.
Have you actually checked this before writing? i think you didn't

Attachments

• ao.jpg
    ao.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 17
no, they are not the same, Chivas is a scratch made and "obviously" liveries don't fit.
Have you actually checked this before writing? i think you didn't
It constantly surprises me on this forum how ungrateful some people are to receive free stuff.
@Fanapryde tried to help you. The usual response would be to say 'thank you'. But never mind, this is the state of the Internet, I guess.

It constantly surprises me on this forum how ungrateful some people are to receive free stuff.
@Fanapryde tried to help you. The usual response would be to say 'thank you'. But never mind, this is the state of the Internet, I guess.
in which aspect did he help me? before blaming someone about how ungrateful they are please get acquainted what i did ask @Cozy61 and what did @Fanapryde replied me for some reason, despite i was asking about Chivas car at the first place, which was mentioned by @Cozy61 himself at his post.
If you have further questions for me please ask, i'll explain everything to you in detail

Last edited:
in which aspect did he help me? before blaming someone about how ungrateful they are please get acquainted what i did ask @Cozy61 and what did @Fanapryde replied me for some reason, despite i was asking about Chivas car at the first place, which was mentioned by @Cozy61 himself at his post.
If you have further questions for me please ask, i'll explain everything to you in detail
Perhaps posing questions on an open forum would prompt other people present on that forum to respond. If you only wanted a response from a certain person, perhaps a private message to that person would have been a better option.

Perhaps posing questions on an open forum would prompt other people present on that forum to respond. If you only wanted a response from a certain person, perhaps a private message to that person would have been a better option.
Perhaps if someone posts his work, i'm in right to ask him with quote about the matter in his post? Or perhaps before get in into someone discussion, it is polite for a gentleman to study what been told before he hops in into discussion?

Oh, and i'm waiting apologies about "how ungrateful am i". But never mind, i guess "gentlemen" always do this - first blame, then turn the conversation in a different direction

Last edited:
Perhaps if someone posts his work, i'm in right to ask him with quote about the matter in his post? Or perhaps before get in into someone discussion, it is polite for a gentleman to study what been told before he hops in into discussion?

Oh, and i'm waiting apologies about "how ungrateful am i". But never mind, i guess "gentlemen" always do this - first blame, then turn the conversation in a different direction
Don't wait too long for an apology. I'll be adding you to my ignore list. I'd hate to accidentally help you in the future and then get an earful for it.

Every time I've had this happen, the culprit was an empty electronics.ini
(Hat-tip to @GzeroD and @_Bazza_ for explaining that)
Quick-fix is turn ABS off, in the in-game Setup menu before driving.
Permanent fix (for me, YMMV) is to populate the electronics.ini with something like the attached.
Pay no mind to the values that ARE set in the file. The ones that are unset (=0) for "active" and "present" will prevail.
Thanks for your post. I've binned manys mods due to the wheel oscillation effect I was unable to cure, especially the G29 I use to own, not so bad with the DD1 I now use but can mess up an otherwise decent mod. Thank you.

Chivas cars are scratch made? This I did not know.
some of the cars they have done in the past were URD models that were never finished by URD. They were given to them to complete. Others were converted from other places. I do not think they have done a ground up build of any vehicle.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back