Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments

Worked on turning lights for the Audi R8 ( and it would be pretty much complete ).
But i'm a bit stuck with CSP limitations of config. Can't add a turning light on top of a DRL light unless I turn it off :(

You said only Kunos cars are good for those mods?

About the GT cars (GT1, GT2/E, GT3 and GT4) i saw a lot of mods everywhere but wich are the good ones?
It's quite a nightmare to find out the good ones with all the dozens of mods in several sites and forums

I have the really good paymods from URD and RSS about GTE and GT1 but it's complicated to sort out all the cars that participated to the various championships and to find for each of them the best mods

I have a problem with installing some mods becouse i have not assettocorsa/extension/config/cars/mods/ folders anywhere. How can I solve this problem?

the Porsche 928 gts has been released its a paid assetto drive mod sadly:(
https://www.assettodrive.net/928-gts
56213895_2306460359624523_9166232116639969251_n.jpg

I won't upload a complete R8 folder. Every skin could have a different configuration. Every skin will need to have lumirank texture set accordingly to the car number. If you can't spend 5 minutes reading and trying to understand how that works, then just don't take it. I've spent hours and hours understanding how to make that. So far I haven't made more than one configuration for one livery ( which isn't a kunos one ).

I'm not saying it's hard to do custom configuration, because it's not. It would be pretty quick to do some config for different skins. But I'm working on other stuff right now.

And the whole concept of customization is to be able to customize it ! If you can't open a .ini with a notepad, this is not for you.

nobody wanted me to post this, sorry for being late one hour ;) :

"LeMans sx v0.975 (pre1.0) http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1fpjv14kw86c05/sx_lemans_0.975_prerelease.7z

-smoothed road again, added bumps where direction markers are (if you hit them at high speed, they can distort your line)
-fixed pitlane issue, hopefully fixed all other false out of track warnings, nearly same tracklimits as Tiago Lima's 2017 version
-reworked surfaces.ini, added audio_sources.ini, groove.ini, adjusted sun position; still not happy with skidmarks ;)
-made cones + apex markers + some ads moveable, added some tyres in tertre rouge and elsewhere, more textures filled, some removed, contains blimp by Tberg, thx!; balloon positions and amount will be adjusted in final version
-todo: red tarmac; last reflectors; textures for tarmac+trees; better trackmap

-still separated 24h-Race start special as extra download:
<http://www.mediafire.com/file/u433d1e75rqdwyv/sx_lemans_0.95_24h_race_start.7z>

-"sx_lemans_rceday_screens_stflow.kn5" is default <https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stflow-shader.23999/>
if you dont have/want "stFlow Shader" (ac crashes without it), rename
"sx_lemans_rceday_screens_normal.kn5" to
"sx_lemans_rceday_screens.kn5"

Have fun!"
be aware of these:
beware.jpg

unrelated, but:
Record_2019_06_08_17_54_55_905.gif

Last edited:
I won't upload a complete R8 folder. Every skin could have a different configuration. Every skin will need to have lumirank texture set accordingly to the car number. If you can't spend 5 minutes reading and trying to understand how that works, then just don't take it. I've spent hours and hours understanding how to make that. So far I haven't made more than one configuration for one livery ( which isn't a kunos one ).

I'm not saying it's hard to do custom configuration, because it's not. It would be pretty quick to do some config for different skins. But I'm working on other stuff right now.

And the whole concept of customization is to be able to customize it ! If you can't open a .ini with a notepad, this is not for you.
The request for the folder was not to have it without work, but to check what I miss if the try is not successfull...instead of that we receive your oppinion how maybe we are not for this...
Anyway...

Man.. I made some readme that is quite long with examples of how it works.
Knowing if the readme lacks information would be nice. Sending folders with skins done will eventually come but not now as I'm working on other cars ( finished to add turning lights on the Huracan GT3 btw ).
And of course if some people would dig into it and try to make configs for different skins, then it would make it faster for everyone.
Also, not everyone uses the same skins so... quite hard for that !

PM : I may have misunderstood the first statement. But let me clear mine if it's not ; I'm all willing to help people, and don't hesitate to ask in PM for questions if it's not clear enough or anything else.

EDIT :

EDIT2 : Also, to answer your question : No, this could work on any car, but this needs to work on the 3D mesh of it. So it takes time ^^

Guys, if you remember recently I posted picture that Le Mans FM7 is with white surface instead of asphalt... I found a solution and will explain it here, because with the new version happens again...
Long story short - only me and PzR Slim was affected from this. That leaded me that some bug happens to both of us and it is not problem with the track or CSP or SOL...(both used latest)
As leBluem suggested in CSP to update to latest track config if it is not autoupdated, I checked and was the latest...so did some tests vise versa etc...and the solution came when:
go to extensions/config/tracks - delete manualy sx_lemans named files
there you will see folder loaded - go inside and delete manualy sx_lemans named files
go to CM - Settings - Custom Shader Patch - Track Cnfig - then scrool down to Le Mans FM7, you will see that no config is inslalled - right click on the name Le Mans FM7 and press install
You are ready to step on the great french asphalt!:)))

I post this, because with the latest version I used the track config in the archive and overrited mine - it happens again and I did the fix - now works!:)

P.S.
PzR Slim reported that the fix worked with him ,too!:)

yeah that cfg thing in CM is not reliable atm, if you encounter problems,

move the config "sx_lemans.ini" (from the archive or github) from
"extensions/config/tracks"

into
"extensions/config/tracks/loaded"
(effectively telling CM, it has download'ed it by itself) - edit: spelling

Last edited:
Hi Lebleum! Sorry to ask: what's with that "nobody" deal? Just a nickaname?

Btw, problem I see with Lemans skidmarks is that many of them don't make sense. Just look at those skidmarks on the very left of your gif, going nowhere.

yeah that cfg thing in CM is not reliable atm, if you encounter problems,

move the config "sx_lemans.ini" (from the archive or github) from
"extensions/config/tracks"

into
"extensions/config/tracks/loaded"
(effectively telling CM, it has download'ed it by itself) - edit: spelling
I asked before, but maybe you didnt saw it - Is it possible Le Mans to have wet version? Ofcourse the Forza wet with puddles is impossible here in AC , but some wet version similar to othet wet Tracks? For example Bathurst FM7 have wet version;)

Edit:
Meantime saw this:
Le Mans bug.jpg

Speaking of which - is it possible when I choose Forza original skin - the Kunos related billboards to be the original one from Forza or at least some RL brands;)
Not saying that Kunos is not RL brand, just sometimes remind you too often that you are in game, which breaks the simulator idea;)

Last edited:
are the no replay cameras for sx_lemans right now? or did i miss a link? cause i searched the forum :D
i just messed something up during installation, if you do everything right there are nice replays

Last edited:
Sorry guys, my T3PA brake pedal is almost gone, so is not easy for me to put out a max brake power correct value! :(
I have the same pedals (heavily modded). Have you tried disassembling them and checking the potentiometer and the actual mechanism itself?

I say this because the design is essentially indestructible (my original set from 2013 is fine), but it's fairly easy for detritus to collect beneath the pedal mechanism and thereby prevent full deflection. My advice is to take it apart, clean it all up and see what happens. LMK if you need help.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back