Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
Here is ai fast lane I would highly recommend. It's for Kunos Spa and the 2022 Version. High downforce ai cars finally take Pouhon. At the correct angles for maximum speed. Also ai are far better threw Raidillion Eau Rouge(From my testing can even have proper side-to-side battles.) In specific cars the new fast lane ai are nearly 2 seconds faster than the standard ai.

RSS cars tend to stay as RSS cars as they are IMO about perfect a mod as you can get.
Hehe, IMHO RSS are the McDonalds of mods. Very tasty with lots of colour and hype but not as nourishing as many of the home made meals lovingly prepared by various authors and groups here on GTP.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

OK, I know there are plenty more be like:
cooking

Last edited:
Really though? GTP is just churning out RSS level mods and stuff? McDonalds?
Hey, I did say "IMHO" and I like McDonalds occasionally. You're welcome to have your own opinion and I'm not going to change it.

I never said "churning out" but yeah, really. Looking at it objectively, the 1970 mod has no genuine skins (I know they can't for copyright reasons but non-profit mods released here do). Instead, RSS rely on the community to do that for them. The shaders parameters used look pretty awful (does that look like a real car to you or a plastic toy?), encrypted model, physics seem ok but not amazing, sound is quite good but isn't going to send shivers up any spines. I can't see how this can be considered the best a mod can be? I don't hate it, I like it but I'm not a fanboi waiting lap up everything RSS produces.

I do like all the animations and aerodynamic options though. They've done a really great job with that.

rss_formula_70.jpg

Last edited:
Great Pyyer. Any news of Mugello? 😇
Hi.
Its on his patreon site mate.
This grand prix triple header (Spa / Zandvoort / Monza) takes all my time so Mugello will probably come shortly after that.

In August I worked on some other "old" track extension... It's almost ready too and will probably come by the end of september...
Stay tuned ! 😉

Could not fail to make the version of Copersucar F6A (1979), Skol-Fittipaldi F7 (2 versions) and Skol-Fittipaldi F8 (2 versions) (1980), Fittipaldi F8C (1981).

Now it remains to try to make the Copersucar F6 (one of the most beautiful cars in the history of F1, too bad the performance was poor.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1662086567.png
    __custom_showroom_1662086567.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 23
  • __custom_showroom_1662086624.png
    __custom_showroom_1662086624.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 19
  • __custom_showroom_1662086781.png
    __custom_showroom_1662086781.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 17
  • __custom_showroom_1662086800.png
    __custom_showroom_1662086800.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 16
  • __custom_showroom_1662086851.png
    __custom_showroom_1662086851.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 16
  • __custom_showroom_1662086868.png
    __custom_showroom_1662086868.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 17
  • __custom_showroom_1662086950.png
    __custom_showroom_1662086950.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 18
  • __custom_showroom_1662087021.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087021.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 18
  • __custom_showroom_1662087068.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087068.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 16
  • __custom_showroom_1662087085.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087085.png
    118 KB · Views: 18
  • __custom_showroom_1662087125.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087125.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 17
  • __custom_showroom_1662087153.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087153.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 19
  • __custom_showroom_1662087211.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087211.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 17
  • __custom_showroom_1662087230.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087230.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 19
  • __custom_showroom_1662087255.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087255.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 17
  • __custom_showroom_1662087283.png
    __custom_showroom_1662087283.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 20
Its OK Batman, there's no need to look so shocked. Last I checked, we were still allowed to respectfully maintain contrary opinions.

What does RSS produce? Maybe 2-3 cars per year? Am I the only one who feels there's been at least that many truly outstanding free mods produced by the community in that time? Which have given you the most joy I wonder? RSS produce fine mods to be sure. I disagree with the statement that they're near as "perfect a mod as you can get" and I get mocked with dopey koalas and have Batman on the verge of tears.

Last edited:
Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 02/09/2022 --> TBA
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 02/09/2022 --> TBA

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 05/08/2022 --> 01/09/2022
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from from 05/08/2022 --> 01/09/2022

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.
Thank you guys

Have a nice weekend

ACTL v3.0 by Breathe

Its OK Batman, there's no need to look so shocked. Last I checked, we were still allowed to respectfully maintain contrary opinions.

What does RSS produce? Maybe 2-3 cars per year? Am I the only one who feels there's been at least that many truly outstanding free mods produced by the community in that time? Which have given you the most joy I wonder? RSS produce fine mods to be sure. I disagree with the statement that they're near as "perfect a mod as you can get" and I get mocked with dopey koalas and have Batman on the verge of tears.

RSS release two/three cars per year, but they also work on custom projects for third parties, which can't be released to the public, so we don't see everything they work on.

I've only tried their GT-N pack and I very much like how the cars feel, the details, sound and so on, but that's as far I can go review-vise since I don't know much about materials, shaders and god knows what many obscure things AC related.

There is a lot of stuff which you don t know as well ,

RSS produce the 3d models scratch , LOD scratch by hand , etc this work is definitely not done on most of your free mods ( i would say 99.9 % of them actually ) and should deserve respect and support !

Try to make it yourself you will see the time needed !)

There is a lot of stuff which you don t know as well ,

RSS produce the 3d models scratch , LOD scratch by hand , etc this work is definitely not done on most of your free mods ( i would say 99.9 % of them actually ) and should deserve respect and support !

Try to make it yourself you will see the time needed !)
Sure, thanks Ben. I do know, and I supported them by buying the mod.

As I keep saying, I do like the F1970 mod and I'm not attacking RSS. I just don't agree with the view that this is as good as mods can get and I gave my reasoning.

I wonder why even bothering with this Simdream crap.
The point isnt about simdream, its about everything else this guy has uploaded my mods and the mods of this forum without credits, without changelogs, using sharemods to profit off our effort. This behaviour wasnt allowed here previously and that shouldnt change now.

The point isnt about simdream, its about everything else this guy has uploaded my mods and the mods of this forum without credits, without changelogs, using sharemods to profit off our effort. This behaviour wasnt allowed here previously and that shouldnt change now.
I only referred to the video posted, which is clearly "made" by SD, called their "endurance legends" which is utterly garbage.

Having an opinion that RSS mods aren't the absolute best a mod can be?...
Of course, this is a free forum! Please, don't get me wrong, I don't want to convince anyone of anything, or disrespect you, it's just that I wanted to express my opinion in a funny way. And what's more fun than a cute koala gaping?

Sure everything can be improved, but I was surprised that you put RSS only at the level of McDonald's... I think that's not enough for them, they at least deserve a Gino's.

It still isn't, but the staff can't check every single post, which is why, now it's been reported, I've removed the posts in question.

@Beingy please do not post links to videos without context and ensure you credit the authors of mods and link to the original.

For people doing suspension animation with blender, what's the best way to do it? Using empties? Bones? Dir_?

I know that for 3DSmax there's a DIR_ helper tool but it doesn't exist on blender, and I don't really like the empty methode because I'm having a hard time trying to get one side of the suspension going up and down without the other side moving from its position

Last edited:
Looking at it objectively, the 1970 mod has no genuine skins (I know they can't for copyright reasons but non-profit mods released here do). Instead, RSS rely on the community to do that for them.
I'm really not sure what 70's formula mod you tried but the one I bought looks, sounds and drives like something I would consider top tier in the world of modding. And yes that is my opinion but I'm right and you're not (I'm joking about that last part of course)

I'm not an RSS fanboi in the slightest - I just happen to like some of their mods and they do things properly imo (which is more than I can say about a lot of modding groups - and yes that includes some of the mods here) I also don't get why you think a mod isn't worthy of being great because it comes with non-official skins. You even answered the reason why RSS don't release their paymods with official liveries and logos. It's because they can't - I very much doubt they are relying on the community to make skins for them.
Anyway as with all mods, some like it and some don't so it's all good at the end of the day.

Sure, thanks Ben. I do know, and I supported them by buying the mod.

As I keep saying, I do like the F1970 mod and I'm not attacking RSS. I just don't agree with the view that this is as good as mods can get and I gave my reasoning.
The IER P13c is likely the most realistic mod for sim racing as a whole. It is highly unlikely that will ever be topped.

Gotta say, the Targa Florio (ablz_targaflorio73 not simtraxx) is sure looking good right now. I kinda gave up on the Targa after years of waiting for Simtraxx to get not very far. Just picked up the latest ext-config from r3b3ld3 and WOW. For an alpha it's quite excellent. Checkit!
What does r3b3ld3 ext-config do for Abulzz's Targa Florio?

What does r3b3ld3 ext-config do for Abulzz's Targa Florio?
I didn't follow it all along to see what's new lately. At a glance, it's all the usual (what else, magic?)... lighting, grassfx, water. Have you been watching the progress? It was quite barren and primitive for years (the SimTraxx version). All of a sudden it's nice enough to go there! Proper road edges, better foliage, nice rock textures, houses/buildings (still WIP). Impressive. Time to learn the Targa!

Last edited:
I set myself a goal to produce this. I got real close ... Needed stiff competition for the mini. 4K skins next and then Physics to match looks. Not sure I want to add the holes for real in the body. easy enough to do, limits skins.
1662126849032.png

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1662126691.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1662126691.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back