Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
I didn't follow it all along to see what's new lately. At a glance, it's all the usual (what else, magic?)... lighting, grassfx, water. Have you been watching the progress? It was quite barren and primitive for years (the SimTraxx version). All of a sudden it's nice enough to go there! Proper road edges, better foliage, nice rock textures, houses/buildings (still WIP). Impressive. Time to learn the Targa!
Are Sim Traxx still in business?

The SimTraxx discord has some stuff, but I don't know about them in General. I bought some tracks way back, never got any updates without hunting them down and generally gave up on them. Their Targa made it up to v1.? finally but is still kinda lame. The Abulzz version leapfrogged them even in the first alpha I saw. It's progressed nicely (but might look more like the SimTraxx without the ext_config?)

Last edited:
Are Sim Traxx still in business?
Not sure if its dead but they went through some problems earlier this year due to outsourcing for some tracks to be done and then not paying the correct amount. Sadly not the first time I've heard about this sort of thing this year. I guess traditional paymods are struggling for sales which is why so many are moving to patreon.

Nah... They just didn't maintain their user base well enough. Compare them to Sergio Loro's F3CT stuff. He keeps me up to date on updates, has good product (in a finished state) and lets me know when new stuff comes out. I have purchase most of his stuff and I'm happy with my purchases. Same with VRC URD and RSS. SimTraxx needs a business guy in the plan...

Last edited:
I didn't follow it all along to see what's new lately. At a glance, it's all the usual (what else, magic?)... lighting, grassfx, water. Have you been watching the progress? It was quite barren and primitive for years (the SimTraxx version). All of a sudden it's nice enough to go there! Proper road edges, better foliage, nice rock textures, houses/buildings (still WIP). Impressive. Time to learn the Targa!
Hol' up, Safari. There might be some crossed wires here.
AFAIK, the Abulzz TF is completely unrelated to SIMTRAXX? I think it's scratch-made. I've been in his Patreon for quite a while now.
It would defo not be substantially improved by an ext_config file, given the love and care going into it.

r3b3ld3 is the (very nice) Real Monaco mod guy. Is he really doing ext_configs for Abulzz Targa? (I'm not in his Patreon or Discord, so dunno)

Nowhere did I say they were the same. I was griping about the SimTraxx version, which I paid for, and loving the Abulzz version. The base version is beautiful, but a good ext_config can make a huge difference... I didn't really compare it before the config, I was just astonished at how good it all looked (having picked up the config along the way, from a/his discord). (Just joined the Abulzz patreon :))

Last edited:
Nowhere did I say they were the same. I was griping about the SimTraxx version, which I paid for, and loving the Abulzz version. The base version is beautiful, but a good ext_config can make a huge difference... I didn't really compare it before the config, I was just astonished at how good it all looked (having picked up the config along the way).
Gottit. And r3b3ld3 is involved? Config could be found on his Patreon?

Asked and answered. Ta.

Last edited:
Gotta say, the Targa Florio (ablz_targaflorio73 not simtraxx) is sure looking good right now. I kinda gave up on the Targa after years of waiting for Simtraxx to get not very far. Just picked up the latest ext-config from r3b3ld3 and WOW. For an alpha it's quite excellent. Checkit!

Nowhere did I say they were the same. I was griping about the SimTraxx version, which I paid for, and loving the Abulzz version. The base version is beautiful, but a good ext_config can make a huge difference... I didn't really compare it before the config, I was just astonished at how good it all looked (having picked up the config along the way, from a/his discord). (Just joined the Abulzz patreon :))
You did not say SimTraxx and Abulzz are the same. I asked for clarification of the ext-config as your original message can be read as:
  1. You like Abulzz's Targa Florio.
  2. You gave up on SimTraxx's version.
  3. You just got r3b3ld3's ext-config... (then my interpretation) for Abulzz's version (because the topic is about Abulzz's version)
All good now. I understand.

Last edited:
Ahhh, I see now. The Targa Florio '73 config I found on r3b3ld3's discord was done by the same guys who did the original (Beni, abulzz). Sorry to mis-credit there.
In any case, the Patreon version is a huge update and multiply everything by 100. Big Wow. I know where I'll be in VR for the next few weeks. Still some weird greens in there, but it's an alpha version so much can be expected. AlfaAtTarga-01.jpgAlfaAtTarga-03.jpgAlfaAtTarga-04.jpg
I realize my initial report on this was confusing. I was so excited my literary skills abandoned me :)

Last edited:
Ahhh, I see now. The Targa Florio '73 config I found on r3b3ld3's discord was done by the same guys who did the original (Beni, abulzz). Sorry to mis-credit there.
In any case, the Patreon version is a huge update and multiply everything by 100. Big Wow. I know where I'll be in VR for the next few weeks. Still some weird greens in there, but it's an alpha version so much can be expected.View attachment 1189358View attachment 1189359View attachment 1189360
I realize my initial report on this was confusing. I was so excited my literary skills abandoned me :)
And they implemented photogrammetry since August, so big things are in the making.

1662143826122.png

Anyone who can say what is the best version of Zaandvort track? Pyyer is working is extension on Zaandvort2020 but I heard there is one from AKTC that is very good

Anyone who can say what is the best version of Zaandvort track? Pyyer is working is extension on Zaandvort2020 but I heard there is one from AKTC that is very good
There are a few. Atm I have the rF2 conversion by ACTK (v1.0) installed. Note that it is spelled Zandvoort... ;)

Its OK Batman, there's no need to look so shocked. Last I checked, we were still allowed to respectfully maintain contrary opinions.
Of course you are allowed to post your contrary opinions respectfully. But just as you're allowed to do that, others can react in any way they want as long as they're not violating any rules on here. So, post an opinion, expect a response.

With that said:
Daffy Duck Face.jpg

:P

Question for the track makers. What makes one track look darker or lighter than another?

As I fool around with my ppfilter, I notice that the lighting looks great on one track, but too dark or light on another. I tried to find something in the tracks extension with regards to exposure or lighting, but don't see anything so i'm curious as to what determines a track's brightness.

Thanks...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back