Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,708 comments
Anyone who can say what is the best version of Zaandvort track? Pyyer is working is extension on Zaandvort2020 but I heard there is one from AKTC that is very good

Sergio Loro's ;)

As to Zandvoort, I use kunos for pre-banking changes, and the GTP Zandvoort2020 (with 2022 skin available) for the post changes. It doesn't say "GTP" in the author field, but I thought it was in the download info...(?)

(and ditto on the Sandevoerde call!)

Last edited:
Follow the link pack of several Matra from the World Endurance (the different versions in the prints), but mainly Le Mans, as I always say, it's not perfect, it's just for fun and complete the "grids" with important cars that made history.

I still need to try to make a better version of the 670B (Le Mans 73 ) and maybe the 680 (Le Mans 74 ). of the same.

Antoniog7772
Jempy
Marco1990
Saxony
matteo
Der_jaguar
Commodore
Joeschmoe
Prostriker92
almafera
nickM

Have fun with what you have for now, until someone releases improved versions, that's what I hope.

OBSERVATIONS: I noticed yesterday when I went to make the prints in the showroom, problems in adding textures in the following Matra: just need to rename the files:

lm70.75_matra_ms670_72.lm.shorttail_f:
skin files "G.Hill", "2016_driver_suit_diff1.dds" - to "2016_driver_suit_diff.dds", doing so will load the "driver_suit" texture.

lm70-75_matra_670b_lm74:
renames "all" files of all skins "30top.bmp" to "30top2.bmp" to load the skins with the numbers of each car.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1662170822.png
    __custom_showroom_1662170822.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 69
  • __custom_showroom_1662171917.png
    __custom_showroom_1662171917.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 68
  • __custom_showroom_1662171769.png
    __custom_showroom_1662171769.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 72
  • __custom_showroom_1662171681.png
    __custom_showroom_1662171681.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 66
  • __custom_showroom_1662171286.png
    __custom_showroom_1662171286.png
    85 KB · Views: 64
  • __custom_showroom_1662171220.png
    __custom_showroom_1662171220.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 61
  • __custom_showroom_1662171082.png
    __custom_showroom_1662171082.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 64
  • __custom_showroom_1662171027.png
    __custom_showroom_1662171027.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 65
  • __custom_showroom_1662170946.png
    __custom_showroom_1662170946.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 65
  • __custom_showroom_1662171965.png
    __custom_showroom_1662171965.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 65
  • __custom_showroom_1662172228.png
    __custom_showroom_1662172228.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 62
  • __custom_showroom_1662172258.png
    __custom_showroom_1662172258.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 63
  • __custom_showroom_1662173235.png
    __custom_showroom_1662173235.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hey guys!

I was away for some time and I wanted to ask what are the best possibilities to download car/track addons at this moment?
Is there a site which collects most of them (I thought Assettoland was doing something like this in the past, but it is not updating like in earlier times)?
I find it very hard to track each of the releases from different authors, e.g. you can download only on his patreon or discord.

Hey guys!

I was away for some time and I wanted to ask what are the best possibilities to download car/track addons at this moment?
Is there a site which collects most of them (I thought Assettoland was doing something like this in the past, but it is not updating like in earlier times)?
I find it very hard to track each of the releases from different authors, e.g. you can download only on his patreon or discord.
For the tracks, check the listing: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13831742

Question for the track makers. What makes one track look darker or lighter than another?

As I fool around with my ppfilter, I notice that the lighting looks great on one track, but too dark or light on another. I tried to find something in the tracks extension with regards to exposure or lighting, but don't see anything so i'm curious as to what determines a track's brightness.

Thanks...
Yeah loads of variables from track VAO to how the sun position is set to lighting multi's etc.
Also having now been doing conversions how i set the shaders in ks editor changes obviously lighting in games so it also depends on how shaders have been set.
Crazy amount of variables, plus personal choice of the modder in the config file regards other settings which affect sol and the lighting.

I do remember one track where it was the VAO transparency setting IIRC.

Sorry i cant be of more help but AC is so vast with configs and CSP settings now that its almost impossible to know why somethings are occurring as very few are playing with the exact same settings for everything.

My start point would the tracks config so don't do global CSP changes to match tracks, just do it individually, otherwise it messes up other stuff further down the line...

Question for the track makers. What makes one track look darker or lighter than another?

As I fool around with my ppfilter, I notice that the lighting looks great on one track, but too dark or light on another. I tried to find something in the tracks extension with regards to exposure or lighting, but don't see anything so i'm curious as to what determines a track's brightness.

Thanks...
The quickest way is to go into the track's data file and change the lighting there. However, obviously you would need to do that for every track so it is not practical.
Another way is to change the brightness on your PP filter (usually in the section near the bottom). But as you've mentioned, results will vary on a track by track basis (and a car by car basis, given that you can also change exposure settings in each car's cockpit). And weather affects things too...

This is why it is so difficult to make AC truly photorealistic. If you search for photorealistic AC videos on YouTube, you'll notice that they all use the same handful of tracks and usually with overcast weather.

Last edited:
BMW M3 GTR is updated!
to version 0.95

View attachment 1189050

full changelog in description:
  • Now the car have wing animation in setup
  • Shader tweaks (interior and exterior)
  • Aero changes
  • PBR tweaks
  • etc.
Credits:
Question:
This car lacks real life skin, do you have interest to make it for me?
If you have interest, just contact me on DM.
I'm give the 4k skins template here.

Link:

I'm really glad to be a part of the project :)

The quickest way is to go into the track's data file and change the lighting there. However, obviously you would need to do that for every track so it is not practical.
Another way is to change the brightness on your PP filter (usually in the section near the bottom). But as you've mentioned, results will vary on a track by track basis (and a car by car basis, given that you can also change exposure settings in each car's cockpit). And weather affects things too...

This is why it is so difficult to make AC truly photorealistic. If you search for photorealistic AC videos on YouTube, you'll notice that they all use the same handful of tracks and usually with overcast weather.
Or change track exposure in SOL app (page 22). The setting is saved for each track individually.

Easiest way, but again, it would have to be done on a track-by-track basis.
Indeed, but since there is no consensus between track modders and they all have their own preferences (same goes for all different users/systems) there is imo no way to do it for all tracks at once. Whichever way, it will always be track-by-track…

Anyone who can say what is the best version of Zaandvort track? Pyyer is working is extension on Zaandvort2020 but I heard there is one from AKTC that is very good
The ACTK version is the latest version converted from rFactor 2. However; it has all rF2 assets in place, which simply don't look good in AC (in my honest opinion of course). Also it doesn't have any foliage in right places, making the place look off. It also misses textures on the tec-pro and certain curbstones, the conveyer-belt-mats on the tyre-barriers are missing (they are there in rF2, somehow), it doesn't have the asfalt colour change half-way through the track and the grass/surroundings doesn't really make the dunes come alive. Having a tire-mark groove would also make it look so much better

Obviously the Zandvoort2020 version has it's own issues, as it's an earlier rF2 conversion. The actual track (especially Scheivlak-corner, T7)) is a LOT more accurate in the newer/ACTK version (from my personal real life experience racing around Zandvoort). The only thing missing is a small dip on the apex of masters corner (T8), which is there in real life but is missing in (all) game-versions of the track.

So best scenario would be to get an update on the ACTK version, adding foliage, changing grass and other textures, removing the RF2 assets and adding some better looking ones. OR to add the 3D of Slotemaker/Scheivlak of the ACTK version to Zandvoort2020, as the base of both tracks is the exact same. If anyone wants to take this on and wants some help, just ask as. I won't have the time to fully do this myself but I'm always happy to help where I can!

I race at this track 6/7 times a year and it's close to my heart, so I'd like to have the best possible representation of it in the game and at the moment I feel like we're lacking it. The latest (current) rF2 version is the best I've seen in any game, for reference

Last edited:

Attachments

• Licence_Plates (1).png
    Licence_Plates (1).png
    150.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Licence_Plates (2).png
    Licence_Plates (2).png
    226 KB · Views: 11
  • Licence_Plates (3).png
    Licence_Plates (3).png
    156 KB · Views: 11
  • Licence_Plates (4).png
    Licence_Plates (4).png
    191.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Licence_Plates (5).png
    Licence_Plates (5).png
    187.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Licence_Plates (6).png
    Licence_Plates (6).png
    210.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Licence_Plates (7).png
    Licence_Plates (7).png
    156.7 KB · Views: 11
Radical SR8-RX v1.0

View attachment 1187687
View attachment 1187679View attachment 1187680View attachment 1187681
View attachment 1187688

changelog:
  • physics untouched, now packed
  • complete new remodel from PCARS2 (old skins will not work)
  • new folder will not overwrite (but you can delete the old if you wish)
  • new sounds
features:
  • dyno matched powerplant
  • real spec drivetrain
  • front canards visuals matched to wing value
  • 26 team liveries
  • complete specs and tuning documentation from Radical (./dev-info folder)
  • super fun for hotlapping, AI and hilclimb
credits:

:: DOWNLOAD ::
Great mod, thanks @RMi_wood

question on this:
1662214456661.jpeg

You can see the "reflection" of the body work from the side of the car "reflected" on the dorsal fin of the car, elsewhere as well but this is the most noticeable one. If I turn "local reflection SSLR" off in CSP it goes away but you also lose all reflection from wet surface when it rains. Is this something more to do with the model of the car itself, or the skin?

question on this:
View attachment 1189621
You can see the "reflection" of the body work from the side of the car "reflected" on the dorsal fin of the car, elsewhere as well but this is the most noticeable one. If I turn "local reflection SSLR" off in CSP it goes away but you also lose all reflection from wet surface when it rains. Is this something more to do with the model of the car itself, or the skin?
Try adjusting Fresnel values (particularly FresnelC)?

C at 0.1
Screenshot_lmp1_toyota_ts050_2017_kzn_infinite_azure_ver_1.0_3-8-122-11-9-28.jpg

C at 0
Screenshot_lmp1_toyota_ts050_2017_kzn_infinite_azure_ver_1.0_3-8-122-11-9-38.jpg

C is how much reflection is on surface facing viewer, Max is reflection at glancing angles

Last edited:
I have an interesting problem for the lack of a better term. Currently I'm messing about with the RTM Oreca07 and found that the windshield does not show any raindrops on it, although the side windows do. I then created some internal windows and flipped their normals as per a tutorial that I have as well as added the required fields to the extension.ini for the wipers and windshield. When changing the shader to ksWindscreen, the rain appear as it should, the wipers work correctly, but the raindrops fall through the windshield and flow on to the dashboard as well. So, the windshield has raindrops rolling off it, but raindrops also fall on the dashboard underneath the windscreen... I've updated all my old URD mods using blender and changed the shader in ksEditor to ksWindscreen without any problems so far. Perhaps it has something todo with the fbx persistence file, but I have no idea how I can set the properties of the windscreen to not let raindrops through it. For reference, I also attached an image to show what happens. Some help would be great and I would really appreciate some advice as I am quite new to this.

Thanks in advance.

PS. This also happens when I replace the shader via the extension.ini file.

Attachments

• DASHBOARD.jpg
    DASHBOARD.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 14
A bit of an odd request here but something that has been bugging me for ages. Is it possible to disable the in-car LCD rear view mirrors on cars such as the C8 vette from URD? I always use the virtual mirror and just find the extra display distracting especially as I can only see part of it because of my FOV/seat position.

Is it as simple as replacing the texture with something else in the showroom and if so how is the best way to do it? Much thanks.

A bit of an odd request here but something that has been bugging me for ages. Is it possible to disable the in-car LCD rear view mirrors on cars such as the C8 vette from URD? I always use the virtual mirror and just find the extra display distracting especially as I can only see part of it because of my FOV/seat position.

Is it as simple as replacing the texture with something else in the showroom and if so how is the best way to do it? Much thanks.
The best wat I think to do it, is to extract the data file using content manager and edit mirrors.ini. Just comment out the offending mirror in the file. You may have to experiment a bit in order to find out which mirror it is, but if I recall it is mirror_1. That should disable it.

The best wat I think to do it, is to extract the data file using content manager and edit mirrors.ini. Just comment out the offending mirror in the file. You may have to experiment a bit in order to find out which mirror it is, but if I recall it is mirror_1. That should disable it.
That didn't do it unfortunately (or maybe I didn't do it correctly) but thanks for suggestion.

That didn't do it unfortunately (or maybe I didn't do it correctly) but thanks for suggestion.
You either have to rename/remove the original data.acd, configure CM to use the unpacked data instead of the data file or re-pack the data folder to an updated data.acd.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back